RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Last Imperial Prince help

Started by MissaFX, 09/06/2008, 08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissaFX

Ok, so I decided to start over on LIP to maximise my GP earning and I am stuck so close to the beginning it is laughable.  After the female in the party gets moved from the Inn to the "Church", and you go into the woods, climb the rope and get the gem, then bring the gem back to her...then you get kicked out of the room just like you did before having the gem.  What do I do next?  I sware I have explored all the forest, talked to everyone in the town, the guard will not let me pass until I have her back into my party...

I just know I am gonna #-o when I hear the answer.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

drdre

Well, there is a pretty bare-bones faq on Gamefaqs.com, but I'm sure you already looked at that....

I seem to remember getting stuck at the same spot, but I think it was something simple like leaving (to the forest maybe) and coming back.  I'm gonna pick up the game and see if I can figure it out within the next day so I can actually help
Arms installation is complete....good luck

drdre

So, I think I figured out what your problem is...did you get TWO berries (gems) to give to the nurse, to heal the girl?  Basically, you have to climb the rope in the forest at least twice, otherwise the nurse sends you back for more.

After giving the nurse at least two berries, leave town then come right back.  Talk to the nurse, then talk to the old guy in the room to the left.  This will trigger the next event, etc.

MissaFX

Quote from: drdre on 09/06/2008, 11:46 PMSo, I think I figured out what your problem is...did you get TWO berries (gems) to give to the nurse, to heal the girl?  Basically, you have to climb the rope in the forest at least twice, otherwise the nurse sends you back for more.

After giving the nurse at least two berries, leave town then come right back.  Talk to the nurse, then talk to the old guy in the room to the left.  This will trigger the next event, etc.
I had apparently given both gems, but it seems you have to walk to the place in the forest where the rope and the boy were, only you have to visit it once with the boy gone.

I am now well past this unintuitive scene, ty.
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

MissaFX

I'm now as far into the game as I have been.  I got stuck again so I looked at the faq:

20. Go into town and fight monsters. Get weapons and tools at shops. Castle
 entrance is blocked.
Check

21. Go west to second town. Stop at inn and talk to man
 in red.
Check

22. Go back to first town, nurse tells you that the girl is all better and has
 left.
Check

23. Go to the third town. Go into far left door of the inn. Oransu opens up a
 secret door.
Nope...I have gone back to the first town, talked to everyone, gone to the 2nd town, talked to everyone, gone to the 3rd and talked to everyone again.  I have pressed III on every single possible spot in the inn rooms and I have pressed up everywhere in the inn rooms.  I spent about and hour and a half just now trying to figure this out again and couldn't.  I actually did 21 before 20 as well, which I don't think would mess this up in any way.  The two things seem non linear.

Arkhan Asylum

hrmm... sounds wierd.

How far in are you again?? Maybe you should try restarting, and doing 20 and 21 in order despite being nonlinear-like,

I think its strange that its acting up though.......    ...  what are the villagers saying?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MissaFX

Quote from: guest on 09/08/2008, 02:50 AMhrmm... sounds wierd.

How far in are you again?? Maybe you should try restarting, and doing 20 and 21 in order despite being nonlinear-like,

I think its strange that its acting up though.......    ...  what are the villagers saying?
I already tried re-playing it from my 2nd save and doing the events out of order doesn't matter.  In fact I suspect the game sequence is supposed to be: 21 --> 22 --> 20 --> 23

Arkhan Asylum

Does your disc have any scratches?  I once had a game where it wouldnt load a certain event because the disc was all borked up..

If thats not the case maybe the FAQ sucks and is leaving out somethin.   If its not fixed by the time I get me a PCFX, Ill see if its like that for me! :)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MissaFX

Quote from: guest on 09/08/2008, 07:09 PMDoes your disc have any scratches?  I once had a game where it wouldnt load a certain event because the disc was all borked up..

If thats not the case maybe the FAQ sucks and is leaving out somethin.   If its not fixed by the time I get me a PCFX, Ill see if its like that for me! :)
The FAQ has quite a few problems an inconsistancies.  The discs are like mint 0_o.  My laser is pretty iffy right now though...I suspect I am somehow missing something which the faq writer also forgot to write.

SuperDeadite

Arkhan is right about possible scratches.  The FX really hates them.  When playing Blue Breaker one FMV scene simply wouldn't play, it slowed down to about 2fps and finally just went to a black screen.  The disc looked mint, so I took a magnifying glass to it and found one microscopic scratch.  I made a CDR copy of the game and it played through that part perfectly.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/08/2008, 07:09 PMDoes your disc have any scratches?  I once had a game where it wouldnt load a certain event because the disc was all borked up..
Did the Swedish Chef try to bake your disc?  Bork!  Bork!  Bork!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

MissaFX

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/09/2008, 02:29 AMArkhan is right about possible scratches.  The FX really hates them.  When playing Blue Breaker one FMV scene simply wouldn't play, it slowed down to about 2fps and finally just went to a black screen.  The disc looked mint, so I took a magnifying glass to it and found one microscopic scratch.  I made a CDR copy of the game and it played through that part perfectly. 
Part of that depends on how they coded the video too.  On the FX some games will crash, some games will just drop the video and move on to the next scene of the game.

Nobody knows though anything else I maybe have to do to make the Inn scene play out?  I have noticed that this game maybe didn't load a scene before though (possible more than once), there was a place in the 2nd forest, where you are running left through trees with mountains behind them and eventually end up at a treasure chest.  The first time I ran through there I went up and grabbed the chest.  Then while wandering through the forest I came upon the same area again, only this time when I got close to the chest (but before I could see it), 3 NPCs came out, 2 lashing tail girls and 1 winged girl who talked to me and fought me, but were not guarding anything since I had already raided the chest behind them.

Can anyone confirm at least that I am supposed to go into the 3rd town inn, far left room (the room you normally sleep in) and that a scene should take place there?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: MissaFX on 09/09/2008, 12:44 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 09/09/2008, 02:29 AMArkhan is right about possible scratches.  The FX really hates them.  When playing Blue Breaker one FMV scene simply wouldn't play, it slowed down to about 2fps and finally just went to a black screen.  The disc looked mint, so I took a magnifying glass to it and found one microscopic scratch.  I made a CDR copy of the game and it played through that part perfectly. 
Part of that depends on how they coded the video too.  On the FX some games will crash, some games will just drop the video and move on to the next scene of the game.

Nobody knows though anything else I maybe have to do to make the Inn scene play out?  I have noticed that this game maybe didn't load a scene before though (possible more than once), there was a place in the 2nd forest, where you are running left through trees with mountains behind them and eventually end up at a treasure chest.  The first time I ran through there I went up and grabbed the chest.  Then while wandering through the forest I came upon the same area again, only this time when I got close to the chest (but before I could see it), 3 NPCs came out, 2 lashing tail girls and 1 winged girl who talked to me and fought me, but were not guarding anything since I had already raided the chest behind them.

Can anyone confirm at least that I am supposed to go into the 3rd town inn, far left room (the room you normally sleep in) and that a scene should take place there?
send my your PCFX and the game and Ill confirm it! 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

seriously though as soon as mine comes, if its not resolved I will test it.    >_<

Sensei

I hope you are taking notes as you play.  MissaFX you could be the next FAQ writer and yours would actually be good.  There are not nearly enough PC-FX walkthroughs online and what ones are there are often imcomplete. 

Please jot down any notes while you play, everything helps.

MissaFX

Quote from: Sensei on 09/10/2008, 12:24 AMI hope you are taking notes as you play.  MissaFX you could be the next FAQ writer and yours would actually be good.  There are not nearly enough PC-FX walkthroughs online and what ones are there are often imcomplete. 

Please jot down any notes while you play, everything helps.
Actually my plan is to write a faq when I play through it the 2nd time, right after the first time.  That way my faq will be a LOT more optimised and accurate than the existing one.  I get the feeling the person who wrote the first one was ESL and wrote it from memory.

nat

The LIP "walkthrough" is worthless. Seriously, there is very little accuracy throughout it. The one time I had to refer to the FAQ for help in the game it was absolutely no help at all, as I wasn't even able to get to an area the FAQ called for an action to be performed.

Are you still stuck Missa?
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

MissaFX

Quote from: nat on 09/24/2008, 12:16 AMThe LIP "walkthrough" is worthless. Seriously, there is very little accuracy throughout it. The one time I had to refer to the FAQ for help in the game it was absolutely no help at all, as I wasn't even able to get to an area the FAQ called for an action to be performed.

Are you still stuck Missa?
Still stuck, same place.  I have spent at least 7 or 8 hours trying to make the game progress...nothing :(

Arkhan Asylum

Missa, link up the faq youre using.  I am actually gonna burn a copy of this game today and finally give it a whirl and see whats be up wif yours.

MissaFX

Quote from: guest on 09/25/2008, 05:10 PMMissa, link up the faq youre using.  I am actually gonna burn a copy of this game today and finally give it a whirl and see whats be up wif yours.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/pcfx/file/587887/21251

neofan

Well, I guess this makes me mr. bare-bones. I wrote that walkthru waaaaaay back in the day wwhen the game was brand new. I actually never posted it on Gamefaqs, and have no idea who did on my behal. It was sent to Aaron for one of the earliest incarnations of his FX website, as a helpful guide for the game.

I've done a dozen or so of these, mostly for the pc-fx, not all are online, and not all are up to Gamefaqs standards.
One day when I retire, I'll go back and polish them up.
Thanks for pointing out the mistakes, a friend and I were in a rush to finish this.
Glad to see there is still some FX love out there  :dance:

later gamers
-scotty
Neofan's PC-FX Hints and Walkthrus
http://my.att.net/p/PWP-nec
"it's enough to get you started"

Take the awesome PC-FX quiz!
http://quizilla.teennick.com/tests/16054718/click-here-to-add-a-test-title

MissaFX

Quote from: neofan on 10/06/2008, 01:31 AMWell, I guess this makes me mr. bare-bones. I wrote that walkthru waaaaaay back in the day wwhen the game was brand new. I actually never posted it on Gamefaqs, and have no idea who did on my behal. It was sent to Aaron for one of the earliest incarnations of his FX website, as a helpful guide for the game.

I've done a dozen or so of these, mostly for the pc-fx, not all are online, and not all are up to Gamefaqs standards.
Thanks for pointing out the mistakes, a friend and I were in a rush to finish this.

later gamers
-scotty
Hey there!  It's good to also know that old PC-FX users still check here every now and then.  I've not been able to progress in LIP and have since been playing that game with all the Rs...I usually call it RRR.  I hope you visit here again soon.

Take care! :mrgreen:

Sensei

Quote from: neofan on 10/06/2008, 01:31 AMWell, I guess this makes me mr. bare-bones. I wrote that walkthru waaaaaay back in the day wwhen the game was brand new. I actually never posted it on Gamefaqs, and have no idea who did on my behal. It was sent to Aaron for one of the earliest incarnations of his FX website, as a helpful guide for the game.

later gamers
-scotty
I would love to see your other guides.  Even if they are not polished.  Most FX games have no guides at all so anything would help.

Keranu

I got stuck early-ish in the game when I played it a couple years ago too. Unfortunately I don't really remember anything except that I was running long ways between towns in hopes of triggering an event but with no success.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

MissaFX

Quote from: Keranu on 10/06/2008, 04:19 AMI got stuck early-ish in the game when I played it a couple years ago too. Unfortunately I don't really remember anything except that I was running long ways between towns in hopes of triggering an event but with no success.
That's basically where I am lol.

drdre

Yeah, that faq worked for me up to a point...but then it got weird  :(

MissaFX

It must be called the Last Imperial Prince...because the first three died while endless running between towns :lol:

Sensei

The high speed scrolling combined with low speed walking gives me a headache.

MissaFX

Quote from: Sensei on 10/06/2008, 07:33 PMThe high speed scrolling combined with low speed walking gives me a headache.
Do you mean even the running is too slow for you?  I mean some of the areas are too long, but with the run button held down, they go plenty fast for me.

nat

I finished the game with little trouble. It's an extremely long game, but FWIW, I recall very little running "back and forth" between towns being necessary. Maybe once or twice in the whole game, tops. If you can't get past the area you're in, chances are you haven't talked to the right character enough times. Also, stay at the INN in every town as some story-progressing events only trigger at night.

Quote from: Sensei on 10/06/2008, 07:33 PMThe high speed scrolling combined with low speed walking gives me a headache.
That's a new one on me... I found the visual aesthetics of the game virtually perfect.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

MissaFX

Quote from: nat on 10/06/2008, 08:47 PMI finished the game with little trouble. It's an extremely long game, but FWIW, I recall very little running "back and forth" between towns being necessary. Maybe once or twice in the whole game, tops. If you can't get past the area you're in, chances are you haven't talked to the right character enough times. Also, stay at the INN in every town as some story-progressing events only trigger at night.
:shock: :shock: :shock: I stayed at the inn in the 2nd town and it didn't go to a night scene, so I assumed the inn only healed you.  I know I stayed in the inn in the 3rd town as well and no night happened.  Does night only trigger if the conditions are special?  I never use heal herbs actually, I always sleep in the inn.

Sensei

Quote from: natThat's a new one on me... I found the visual aesthetics of the game virtually perfect.
Maybe it was because I was playing it on a big tv, but I thought the tree line scrolled unnatually fast when compared to the ground.  Maybe it's just me.  Still love the art though.

nat

Quote from: MissaFX on 10/06/2008, 09:13 PM
Quote from: nat on 10/06/2008, 08:47 PMI finished the game with little trouble. It's an extremely long game, but FWIW, I recall very little running "back and forth" between towns being necessary. Maybe once or twice in the whole game, tops. If you can't get past the area you're in, chances are you haven't talked to the right character enough times. Also, stay at the INN in every town as some story-progressing events only trigger at night.
:shock: :shock: :shock: I stayed at the inn in the 2nd town and it didn't go to a night scene, so I assumed the inn only healed you.  I know I stayed in the inn in the 3rd town as well and no night happened.  Does night only trigger if the conditions are special?  I never use heal herbs actually, I always sleep in the inn.
Yeah, you'll wake up in the middle of the night after hearing some sound outside or somesuch as opposed to just waking up in the morning. Obviously this doesn't happen in every town, only some, but I can't remember which because there are so many, so I just say try it in all, especially if you get stuck :)