Pcenginefx Radio - Scheduled shows? Need feedback!

Started by PCEngineFX, 03/03/2005, 03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCEngineFX

Hi all,

Continuing the effort to improve the listening experience of Pcenginefx Radio, I want to pose some questions to see if the upcoming radio changes are something you (as the listener) would like to see.

One upcoming change is to have scheduled radio "shows" which play a specific type of music - such as having an hour a few times a week play just HuCard music, or another hour playing just Falcom music.  Would this be something you would be interested in?  Let me know by posting your response here.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

Keranu

I'm not a listener on the program, but I think it would be better not to do that; it would feel a little tedious hearing the same type of stuff for so long. It's always better to mix a variety when it comes to radio. I'd say just have specials like that occasionally.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

PCEngineFX

I don't mean that I would play those types of shows all day - but scheduled for a certain time during the day so if people wanted to listen to only that type of music, then they can.  To show what I'm talking about more easily, here is a schedule list:

Monday: Standard rotation (all day)

Tuesday: Standard rotation till 6pm PST
              "HuCard Hour" from 6pm-7pm PST
              Continue standard rotation 7pm onwards

Wednesday: Standard rotation (all day)

Thursday: Standard rotation till 6pm PST
              "Falcom Hour" from 6pm-7pm PST
              Continue standard rotation 7pm onwards

Friday-Sunday: Standard rotation (all day)

So basically, there will be set hours during the week that will play that particular category of music.  Other online radio shows have adopted this kind of format and wanted to know if this is something that people wanted to see for Pcenginefx Radio.

Ideally (and eventually) I plan to have 2 more streams that will be dedicated to HuCard and Falcom music, but will have to wait on that.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG

esteban

OK, now that I see what the schedule would be like, I think that this is a very good idea, since your proposal offers the best of two worlds:

1) standard rotation offers a nice, varied playlist that pleases most folks... however, listeners can take it for granted ... or lose interest in it.

2) that's why sprinkling a few "themed" shows into the standard rotation would be really nice.  These shows are more "special" and should appeal to existing listeners ...and pull in new listeners as well (who wouldn't otherwise be interested).

3) The prospect of themed shows (and "new" programs in the future) would encourage me to check out pcenginefxradio more often.  

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Oooh, I see. I thought you were going to have a special hour everyday. That works then, although an hour kind of seems long to be, but that might work actually.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

vtnwesley

Well, if you want to do blocks like that, I'd definitely suggest doing 1 hour music themed blocks. It's long enough the fans have time to get what they want, and short enough if someone hates the theme, they aren't out in the cold for too long.

I'd enjoy this idea very much. More so, 30 minutes of talk radio wouldn't be a crime if you could handle it just right (no call ins). This is something I'd want to see heavily experimented with first though. Unless done just so, talk radio can be one of the single most annoying things out there.

Maybe rather than a full on 30 minute talk radio show, it'd be better to report happenings on the site on the current rotation. Let us know whats going on, maybe cover modern related things (like for example: Bomberman Tournament is being released on xx/xx/xxxx in region x. Bomberman and Neutopia fans alike should look forward to this one. Not only does it feature that great classic gameplay, but an epic story mode based on Neutopia!). It's hard to find news for a dead system, but related games come out all the time, and emulator update news would be good too. That kind of stuff. Just an idea. Every 30 minutes we should at LEAST here a "Your listening to PC Engine FX Radio from pcengine-fx.com!" People sometimes listen with others around. You have to let yourselves be known. This way you can expand to more than just your immediate fans.