Super Power League FX - 8 Players???

Started by MissaFX, 09/23/2008, 05:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissaFX

So I have noticed that this game lets you assign up to 8 players.  I was wondering if anyone had any information on if they planned to make a multitap for the FX?  Since this game came out in 1996, earlier into the life of the FX I find it strange there is this option, but no multitap.

:?:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

nat

AFAIK there were never any plans for a multitap for the PC-FX. NEC's vision for the PC-FX was very different from their vision for the PC Engine and Grafx line.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Mednafen

Yes.  The GMaker technical documentation includes information on detecting and reading from a multitap.

nat

Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

MissaFX

Quote from: nat on 09/23/2008, 07:21 PMNews to me.

What is "GMaker?"
If I am not mistaken it is one of the CDs/programs for FX dev stuff?

Now I need me a multitap for some real Super Power League FX fun!
Any chance you could pass out those plans?  Or is there a website which has them?
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

JoshTurboTrollX

Super Power League FX is an awesome game regardless of how many players!  I'm pretty sure I played it the most of all my PCFX games back in the day!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sensei

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/23/2008, 10:35 PMSuper Power League FX is an awesome game regardless of how many players!  I'm pretty sure I played it the most of all my PCFX games back in the day!!
What makes it so good?  I never really played it.  Just tested MissaFXs copy to make sure it loaded before I sent it.

MissaFX

Quote from: Sensei on 09/23/2008, 11:48 PM
Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/23/2008, 10:35 PMSuper Power League FX is an awesome game regardless of how many players!  I'm pretty sure I played it the most of all my PCFX games back in the day!!
What makes it so good?  I never really played it.  Just tested MissaFXs copy to make sure it loaded before I sent it.
The audio is engaging.  The graphics are great.  The game is flexable and complex.  It supports up to 8 players (with a homemade multitap)!!!  The Power League series is already good to begin with.  The FX game just improves upon the time tested forumla.  I really thought it would only be so-so, and got it mainly because I want as many big box games as I can have.  But it has turned out to be a really great game.  You should add it to the store sensei.

Sensei

Quote from: MissaFX on 09/24/2008, 12:24 AM
Quote from: Sensei on 09/23/2008, 11:48 PM
The audio is engaging.  The graphics are great.  The game is flexable and complex.  It supports up to 8 players (with a homemade multitap)!!!  The Power League series is already good to begin with.  The FX game just improves upon the time tested forumla.  I really thought it would only be so-so, and got it mainly because I want as many big box games as I can have.  But it has turned out to be a really great game.  You should add it to the store sensei.
If other people are interested I am sure I could get another copy for the store.  Just in thre past sports games have been notoriously difficult for me to sell.

But yeah, that really does sound good.  Maybe I need a copy for me...  Hmm....