10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Insanity: Berzerk for the PCE

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 10/16/2008, 04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

BEHOLD.......THE FIRST FORUM DEMO FROM AETHERBYTE STUDIOS......!!!! ^_^  (lol)

oh wait, I guess I cant embed a youtube video. :(
So close to completion!

What does everyone think?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

termis

awesome.  I like the jazzy background. (for whatever reason, it brought back memories of the glowing background bits in Phantasy Star II -- but I digress.)  Looking forward to the CD music.

and I love the little jig at 1:30 to the music!  :lol:

esteban

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/19/2009, 03:14 AMWhat does everyone think?
Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

DJLobo

Quote from: esteban on 08/19/2009, 08:50 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/19/2009, 03:14 AMWhat does everyone think?
Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto
I thought I heard a Styx riff in there. Nice job, Arkhan.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

NecroPhile

Lookin' good, but where's the two player option?  :)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: NecroPhile on 08/19/2009, 10:20 AMLookin' good, but where's the two player option?  :)
Hahahahahaha.

Arkhan, I was wondering if you would consider an option screen to increase the speed of the game. Or, alternatively, make the default a bit (lot) faster.

My 2 cents... ;( (I apologize in advance for backseat driving)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

touko

Hey fantastic chiptune music arkhan  :D

It's a cd music or a sound chip tune ??
The player sprite run faster then he's moving slowly  :-s ..

There is a little bug with one robot ???

nectarsis

My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Arjak

WOW! This is looking amazing! I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy! =P~
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

RoyVegas

Damn, I was excited about playing it before but now I'm dying.  You cock tease!
All is well. :)

Arkhan Asylum

Yeah that is an actual chip tune on the PSG :)

as for the walking speed, once its fully bug fixed (As in, that one random ghost sprite stops occuring) and its built entirely for CD, a bunch of optimizing is going down that will increase the speed of the game.  Its too hard to play test it at fast speed.   

and the little guy wont look as seizure like once i finish adding more frames to his walking animation. :)  its 2 frames back and forth right now hehe

as for 2 player option......

the next game we make (the arcade pack) is going to have 5 player Insanity death match in it.... ;)
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 08/19/2009, 05:30 PMthe next game we make (the arcade pack) is going to have 5 player Insanity death match in it.... ;)
Fucks yeah!  :dance:

ParanoiaDragon

Dangit, I didn't think you were going to reveal any of the contents of the Arcade Pack that yer doin'!  Oh well, I was hoping you'd tease them a little before....although, I think you did reveal 3 other games that will be on it for sure...but, maybe leave a certain one that I lobbied for secret...........if you want that is :D
IMG

peperocket

Very good job !!

I really like the psg sound !
Vive la Supergrafx !!!

Arkhan Asylum

EVERYONEEEEEE

GET YOU HAPPY CAPS ON.

This weekend, or into next week, I will be opening up the preorders for Insanity.  The game is at the point where all were doing is using the time left to make it even nicer... :)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NecroPhile

I do believe that I just wet myself.  :dance:

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

RoyVegas

ParanoiaDragon

:D Ofcoarse, this also means, not only Insanity, but, you'll be working soon on the multi pack, of which I'm looking even more forward to, especially with the inclusion of a certain game I lobbied for  8)
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Arjak

Tomorrow's Schedule:

1. Wake Up
2. Deposit Paycheck
3. Pre-Order Insanity

=P~

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

peperocket

Are the international buyer welcome ? :-k

Vive la Supergrafx !!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: peperocket on 09/12/2009, 04:56 AMAre the international buyer welcome ? :-k

I will ship as far as pluto, so, Yes!

blueraven

I will order teh Insanity as soon teh possible.

elnino, Tatsujin: Will this game be added to pcedaisakusen.net? *dodges flying rocks*

PS: BTW Arkhan I like the new logo for Aetherbyte.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: blueraven on 09/12/2009, 03:32 PMPS: BTW Arkhan I like the new logo for Aetherbyte.
Thanks!  I didnt want to smear it all over the internet until it was properly trademarked.

RoyVegas

Arjak

ParanoiaDragon

I was first to order, so I get copy #0!  Ha ha, beat that everyone  :D :roll: =D> :dance: :lol:
IMG

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/12/2009, 01:23 PM
Quote from: peperocket on 09/12/2009, 04:56 AMAre the international buyer welcome ? :-k

I will ship as far as pluto, so, Yes!
Is it the same price for overseas? You only have one link so I assume so, but I'd like to make sure it's OK.

Edit: If you still have time, make sure you put cheat modes in!

Arkhan Asylum

honestly, I think its an extra 2$ to ship overseas but paypal let me put 1 static shipping price.   Its no big deal. :-D

8 so far!

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/13/2009, 12:22 PMhonestly, I think its an extra 2$ to ship overseas but paypal let me put 1 static shipping price.   Its no big deal. :-D

8 so far!
Cool. You should have my payment now :)

Arkhan Asylum

:-D

heres to hoping over the next 2-3 weeks, more preorders come in!

about halfway there :)

_Paul

Is it OK if I put an ad for it on my homepage? I can use the spot currently pushing the Turbo Views set.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 09/13/2009, 03:18 PMIs it OK if I put an ad for it on my homepage? I can use the spot currently pushing the Turbo Views set.
that would be amazingly great and helpful.  I would appreciate it alot.

:)

BlackandBlue

Damn it. I have to wait till I get back from Italy and I will preorder one for sure!  Hope they will be open for 2 more weeks!
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/13/2009, 03:53 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/13/2009, 03:18 PMIs it OK if I put an ad for it on my homepage? I can use the spot currently pushing the Turbo Views set.

Link is up.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 09/13/2009, 04:23 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/13/2009, 03:53 PM

Link is up.
!!! Awesome.

purely awesome.

termis

Order in.  I couldn't put in my Aussie shipping address in there, so I put it in the "extra notes" section.

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

_Paul

You should do a youtube trailer to get some more orders in.

BlackandBlue

Hotel Im staying at has wireless internet connectivity, so Pre-order placed!  Thanks!
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

NecroPhile

Arkhan Asylum

Im up to an Impressive 16 preorders so far!

RoyVegas

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/21/2009, 01:59 PMIm up to an Impressive 16 preorders so far!
Did you decide on how many copies you were going to make for the order?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: RoyVegas on 09/21/2009, 04:29 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/21/2009, 01:59 PMIm up to an Impressive 16 preorders so far!
500 are being made, and once I hit 20 preorders we should be set to send off.

I plan to let preorders go til October 24th which is when I should have the CDs by

jlued686

I preordered mine!  Looking forward to it!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 09/21/2009, 08:59 PM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 09/21/2009, 04:29 PM
500 are being made, and once I hit 20 preorders we should be set to send off.

I plan to let preorders go til October 24th which is when I should have the CDs by
Awesome. I'll definitely have mine preordered before then.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Arkhan Asylum

ATTENTION:

To anyone who donated, if you'd be so kind as to PM me how you want to be credited name wise.  I will try and get ahold of you after posting this too...!

mcfreak