OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Insanity: Berzerk for the PCE

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 10/16/2008, 04:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

termis

Cool.  Serving the world PCE market!

BlackandBlue

Anxiously awaiting my copy  :dance:
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 11/19/2009, 01:29 AMAnxiously awaiting my copy  :dance:
I threw your copy in the garbage because I felt like it!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Just kidding.... >_>

OR AM I!??!/1/1

LOL.  this reminds me of paranoia:
Quote from: ParanoiaDragonARKHAN! I got insanity!

AND IT DOESNT WORK!!!

JUST KIDDING.

IT WORKS, BUT NOW MY DUO IS BROKE!
._.    Man I had a heart attack
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlackandBlue

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 11/19/2009, 02:02 AMI threw your copy in the garbage because I felt like it!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Just kidding.... >_>

OR AM I!??!/1/1
Oh noes!!1!  Now I have to go pickin through your trash to retrieve it.
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Arkhan Asylum

lol.

You should get your copy tomorrow probably.  Id figure at least
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldRover

Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

BlackandBlue

Ok, mine came.  It was in the mail when I got home.  Cant wait to give it a try.  I don't have to rummage through your rubbish.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 11/19/2009, 09:45 AMI don't have to rummage through your rubbish.
Nah you dont! You just have to play it instead!

ouch I just burned myself.

Nate

Arkhan Asylum

jlued686

Got my copy.  Thanks!  It's really well done.

Oh, and PM sent.

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

_Paul

That boat bringing my copy better hurry up.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 11/22/2009, 04:14 PMThat boat bringing my copy better hurry up.
Its comin on an AIRPLAEN!

Should be there this week for sure :) 

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 11/22/2009, 04:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/22/2009, 04:14 PMThat boat bringing my copy better hurry up.
Its comin on an AIRPLAEN!

Should be there this week for sure :) 
It's coming right at us!
/airplanethemovie.jpg

_Paul

shubibiman

Self proclamed Aldynes World Champion

NecroPhile

Quote from: shubibiman on 11/25/2009, 01:56 PMStill waiting ;(
I'll let you come and play my copy while you wait.  Convenient, no?  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

shubibiman

Windy

Oh Crap I got my copies last week all nice and crispy! Game plays great arkhan a job welldone
Proud Member of the F@CK Ebay Club
MONSTER HUNTER TRI FC: W272XV

blueraven

Quote from: guest link=msg=127592/airplanethemovie.jpg
"I knew I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue..."  :mrgreen:

_Paul

I've only had time for a few goes so far, but I have to say the thing that stands out most is the audio. The combination of the sampled speech and music works perfectly - the music is great, both chip and CD, and it really enhances the experience and makes me want to play again.

shubibiman

_Paul

Looks nice on my big TV

/insanity.jpg

termis

Found the delivery notice yesterday, so I picked it up from the post office on my way to school.  I just tried it for 5 minutes on an emulator.  I really do like the music! 

Now back to studying...

IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Hot damn! that does look great on that TV.   

glad everyone is getting their goods in nice shape :)

_Paul

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 11/26/2009, 10:50 PMHot damn! that does look great on that TV.  

I'm having to run it through ME, with the sound pumped out through my amp and I whack those scanlines right up for maximum effect.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 11/27/2009, 03:44 AM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 11/26/2009, 10:50 PMHot damn! that does look great on that TV.  

I'm having to run it through ME, with the sound pumped out through my amp and I whack those scanlines right up for maximum effect.
god I hope you're using System Card 3.0 and not the built in Magic System 3.0 thing.   

the games all jacked up with that magic system thing.

_Paul

I swear one of the bits of speech talks about a robot beautician.

shubibiman

Turbo D

I swear one of the robots says "pay adrew's foodbill."  :lol: :wink:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

shubibiman

WARNING! 20 copies approaching fast, be on your guard!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: shubibiman on 12/02/2009, 01:47 PMWARNING! 20 copies approaching fast, be on your guard!
did they finally arrive!?

shubibiman

I have to pick them up today after work ;)

touko

Quote from: shubibiman on 12/03/2009, 07:27 AMI have to pick them up today after work ;)
yeah, un test ! un test ! 8)

Arkhan Asylum

shubibiman

Yes ;)
Played for the first time last night and it's a very nice job. I particularly like the musics and the fact that you can chose between PSG and redbook. They're as good either way.
The only thing is that there's a strange noise every time the title screen is loading.

RoyVegas

Quote from: shubibiman on 12/05/2009, 03:52 AMYes ;)
Played for the first time last night and it's a very nice job. I particularly like the musics and the fact that you can chose between PSG and redbook. They're as good either way.
The only thing is that there's a strange noise every time the title screen is loading.
I noticed that also..  It's like a hum.
All is well. :)

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/06/2009, 03:40 AM
Quote from: shubibiman on 12/05/2009, 03:52 AMYes ;)
I noticed that also..  It's like a hum.
Its strange to be honest.  It doesnt happen on the emulators and the master disc, so I wonder if maybe when the discs were replicated, something with the audio gaps is slightly wrong for the initial audio track.

I think maybe its playing the last .5 seconds of game data >_>

:(

Nate

Yeah, it's like a "data buzz" - very short. I'm going to word this carefully; but, I think that noise kind of adds to the game's inherent "quirkiness" - it compliments the robot speech as well in a roundabout way. I'm lovin' the game btw; great job Aetherbyte Studios! :dance:

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Nate on 12/14/2009, 02:04 PMYeah, it's like a "data buzz" - very short. I'm going to word this carefully; but, I think that noise kind of adds to the game's inherent "quirkiness" - it compliments the robot speech as well in a roundabout way. I'm lovin' the game btw; great job Aetherbyte Studios! :dance:
never thought about it like that!

happy accident

OldMan

Actually, it's probably that arkhan forgot to shut the sound off when he loads the title screen. If the sound amps aren't turned off, you can hear the data for the title screen actually being loaded. I've noticed this in other CD games (and not just the turbo), and if you have an external amp hooked up (and really turned up) you can hear it really well.
Most op-amps don't actually completely kill the sound; they just drop it to minute levels, so the CD loading noise is there, just usually inaudible.
Something to check for in the next game, arkhan.

_Paul

What is the 'official' release date for Insanity? November 4th?

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: guest on 01/05/2010, 05:29 AMWhat is the 'official' release date for Insanity? November 4th?
October 24th!

_Paul

Arkhan Asylum

youd better!

:)

now to work on establishing a "sellout" date.

peperocket

Arkhan,

Out of topic but could you provide some good new about Squirrel ??

Thanks !
Vive la Supergrafx !!!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: peperocket on 01/08/2010, 07:11 AMArkhan,

Out of topic but could you provide some good new about Squirrel ??

Thanks !
yes!

The good news is im still about to release something

the bad news is it got delayed because I had to fly outta town for a week for an emergency!

dan3308

/dan3375/IMG_1228.jpg

Nice job Arkhan!

(Looks like he already posted my pic in another thread...   :lol: )

Arkhan Asylum

I sure did.   The picture is that epic to be honest!

Magazine quality.