OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

"Turbo Gear" Swag anybody own it?

Started by MotherGunner, 10/24/2008, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MotherGunner

Curious to how to obtained it and if you could share some pics!
-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Keranu

I think the best and only way really is to keep looking out on eBay and forums like this. I was bidding on some rad, neon TG16 shoe laces (which I had planned to buy some LA Gear shoes to match so I could have the ultimate gaming shoes) and placed my max bid at like $15 since it didn't seem like anyone was going to bid against me, but within the last minutes some asshole did. I was seriously tempted to pay over $15 for a pair of shoe laces since I was in the heat of the moment, but then I had to tell myself it wasn't worth it. Kinda regret it, but man I could've bought a Turbo game for that much.

I do have awesome Devil's Crush t-shirt I bought off eBay and bidded on a Splatterhouse one in the past too, though I don't think those count as the same "Turbo Gear" swag as in the original promo. There were also some Air Zonk binoculars on eBay that someone posted here around the same time as the shoe laces.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

mobiusclimber

You need to download a program to bid for you at the last second. It's really the only way to win Ebay auctions anymore.

Joe Redifer

Here some pics... click for bigger size:

IMG
IMG

MotherGunner

Wow I can't believe these coffee cups even existed.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/buff/75008017/in/set-91810/

Posted on : Monday December 19 2005  |  category : coffee

Turbo GrafX 16
Originally uploaded by Scott.
For those who long for the halcyon days of 8 and 16 bit game systems, I present the Turbo Grafx 16 mug. Phil sent these photos to me and it immediately brought back memories of the days when the Turbo Grafx 16 was still alive and well. Here is the text Phil sent with the photo.
Found this while digging through some of my older video game system boxes in the basement. One of the last survivors of a ton of swag I received while I managed a Software Etc. way back when. A promo mug for the game Legendary Axe II on the Turbo Grafx 16 system.
Now I am not an expert in video game history, but I do have fond memories of the hours spent playing video game consoles with my friends while growing up. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but I believe the Turbo Grafx 16 was the first video game console in the United States to have to have their games on CD.

Legendary Axe II (Other Side of Turbo GrafX Mug
Originally uploaded by Scott. Regardless of the short history the video console had in this country, this mug is a cool mug to own, if not for any other reason than as a conversation piece. I am probably not stretching too much as to say I bet there are not many Turbo Grafx 16 coffee mugs floating around out there. I know much of the swag that shows up in offices either ends up broken or eventually trashed during a move to a new desk or workstation. Nice find Phil!
-MG

MotherGunner

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/25/2008, 01:55 AMHere some pics... click for bigger size:

IMG
IMG
Man I wish I had that wallet!

Hell I didnt even know there was any Bonk paper  http://cgi.ebay.com/NEC-Turbografx-16-Turbo-Grafx-Bonks-paper-Writing-pad_W0QQitemZ230275408773QQcmdZViewItem?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116
-MG

MrFulci

I also have a nice promo mug. Years ago I asked Steve at TZD about it, and he told me it was a promotional mug, for people who worked there, or sent to businesses carrying their games.

I purchased it at a yard sale 10-15 years ago.

I've never seen another like it. The mug is black. One side reads, "Turbo Grafx 16", with the TG-16 logo. The other side of the mug reads, "Coming in August" and below that lists 4 games being released that month. The titles are in logo print. All I recall listed there is Bloody Wolf.

I havent' seen this mug in a while, i think maybe one side only says, "Bloody Wolf", and the other side has the lsit of titles being released soon. I don't think there is a TG-16 logo on the mug... I need to look at it again, my memory is fuzzy.

I have this mug boxed away, and have no pics. However, when I do some cleaning today, I may see if I can dig out the box I have this mug packed inside.

----

Oh, and I've never seen that Legendary Axe 2 mug before.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

MrFulci

I thought I had a mug with a list of games, "Coming soon". perhaps I have 2 mugs...

This is what I have. Mind the glare and dust. The mug itself is glossy black, and the decals are sharp;

IMG

IMG
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Joe Redifer

I wonder if they have a Deep Blue mug.  Or maybe a Toilet Kids mug.

hoobs88

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 10/25/2008, 11:39 AMI wonder if they have a Deep Blue mug.
I don't know about that, but someone on here had a Deep Blue ashtray.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

nat

I had the Bonk's Adventure t-shirt pictured on the flyer Joe posted, straight from NEC (pre-TTi days) when I called the TG-16 hintline in like 1991. I also got one of those plastic thermoses on a subsequent call-- they were extremely cheap in build quality. The t-shirt lasted me a long time, until I grew too big to wear it anymore. Unfortunately both got lost somewhere along the way in one of my many moves since then.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

NecroPhile

Sadly, no Turbo related goodies here.  :cry:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

hoobs88

I was fortunate enough to score these goodies on ebay over the years...

IMG
The Turbo Grafx Wallet

IMG
The Turbo Express Fannypack

IMG
Turbo Grafx CD holder

IMG
Turbo Grafx System Keeper Bag

IMG
Turbo Grafx Duffel Bag

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

guyjin

Interesting color choices... too bad they didn't use color that liberally on the TG16 itself. I think the controllers would look much cooler with an orange D-pad and buttons, don't you?

hoobs88

Quote from: guyjin on 10/27/2008, 12:31 PMI think the controllers would look much cooler with an orange D-pad and buttons, don't you?
I am actually making a label for a controller that Duo-R hacked for me and was thinking about customizing some more pads specifically for Bomberman. I'll post pics of the finished products soon. I still need to find some good quality labels to use.

Press_Run

Quote from: MrFulci on 10/25/2008, 03:52 AMI also have a nice promo mug. Years ago I asked Steve at TZD about it, and he told me it was a promotional mug, for people who worked there, or sent to businesses carrying their games.

I purchased it at a yard sale 10-15 years ago.

I've never seen another like it. The mug is black. One side reads, "Turbo Grafx 16", with the TG-16 logo. The other side of the mug reads, "Coming in August" and below that lists 4 games being released that month. The titles are in logo print. All I recall listed there is Bloody Wolf.

I havent' seen this mug in a while, i think maybe one side only says, "Bloody Wolf", and the other side has the lsit of titles being released soon. I don't think there is a TG-16 logo on the mug... I need to look at it again, my memory is fuzzy.

I have this mug boxed away, and have no pics. However, when I do some cleaning today, I may see if I can dig out the box I have this mug packed inside.

----

Oh, and I've never seen that Legendary Axe 2 mug before.

Speaking of mugs, I found a couple of them on Ebay.

Bloody Wolf mug:
http://cgi.ebay.com/BLOODY-WOLF-TURBO-16-GRAFX-coffee-mug_W0QQitemZ160294230994QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160294230994&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Devil's Crush mug:
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEVILS-CRUSH-Turbo-16-Grafx-coffee-mug_W0QQitemZ160294231531QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item160294231531&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A4%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

NecroPhile

Quote from: Press_Run on 10/28/2008, 11:04 AMSpeaking of mugs, I found a couple of them on Ebay.
You linked to the same item twice, ya silly goose.  Here's the Devil's Crush mug.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

pixeljunkie

I have a Splatterhouse coffee mug [chipped though :( ] and a TV Sports Football one that got stolen from work :(

I used to have the licensed "gaming gloves" with leather plams and padded thumbs. Sold those in college though. [IDIOT]

Press_Run

Quote from: guest on 10/28/2008, 11:15 AM
Quote from: Press_Run on 10/28/2008, 11:04 AMSpeaking of mugs, I found a couple of them on Ebay.
You linked to the same item twice, ya silly goose.  Here's the Devil's Crush mug.
Doh!  #-o

Fixed the link.

Thanks, Necro.

MotherGunner

-MG

Arkhan Asylum

I got a sweet Bonk T-Shirt

Ill take pics when I get outta this reta'ded stats class.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

zektor

Yeah, I was watching those mugs for days now. I ended up winning them both luckily. I am a big coffee drinker....now to decide whether or not I will ever use them :) Probably not...but....that WOULD be drinking in style :)

blueraven

Quote from: guyjin on 10/27/2008, 12:31 PMInteresting color choices... too bad they didn't use color that liberally on the TG16 itself. I think the controllers would look much cooler with an orange D-pad and buttons, don't you?
I've always preferred the PC engine controllers and the blue motif, but orange buttons would be cool on a TG16 controller.

torgo

I have a mug, the duffle-bag, and a few shirts. I just found my Lords of Thunder shirt a few days ago actually.

All of it I obtained from TTi directly at CES or when they sent it to me.
PS Nation

Keranu

Oh by the way, I recently bought a TG16 hat off a guy from DigitPress for $10. He said he would ship it out after the holidays, so I'm awaiting for it any day now. I think he said it was neon (of course).
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Keranu on 01/03/2009, 03:21 AMOh by the way, I recently bought a TG16 hat off a guy from DigitPress for $10. He said he would ship it out after the holidays, so I'm awaiting for it any day now. I think he said it was neon (of course).
Hey K, have you received this yet? You gotta take a picture of you sportin' this fine hat. If I recall, it's one of those "soft" all-fabric painter's-style hats that were popular in the 80's.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Got the hat awhile ago and that is indeed the hat (early 90's MC style). Still need to take a pic of it with my Devil's Crush shirt on.
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Keranu on 01/30/2009, 07:30 AMGot the hat awhile ago and that is indeed the hat (early 90's MC style). Still need to take a pic of it with my Devil's Crush shirt on.
Turbohat: $15 Ebay

Devil's Crush T-shirt: $17 Ebay

Picture of Keranu wearing both: Priceless
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

Quote from: ceti alpha on 01/30/2009, 07:57 AM
Quote from: Keranu on 01/30/2009, 07:30 AMGot the hat awhile ago and that is indeed the hat (early 90's MC style). Still need to take a pic of it with my Devil's Crush shirt on.
Turbohat: $15 Ebay

Devil's Crush T-shirt: $17 Ebay

Picture of Keranu wearing both: Priceless
Indubitably. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG