@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

How much did you pay for your FX?

Started by guyjin, 10/31/2008, 09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How much did you pay for your FX in American dollars?

$60 or less
10 (21.7%)
$61-$100
6 (13%)
$101-$130
9 (19.6%)
$131-$160
5 (10.9%)
$161-$200
1 (2.2%)
$201-$230
0 (0%)
$231-$260
1 (2.2%)
$261-$300
1 (2.2%)
more than $300
0 (0%)
don't own an FX
13 (28.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

guyjin

Just trying to get an idea of what an FX is worth.

Sensei

I bought mine about 3 years ago.  Boxed, mint for $140.  But I live in Japan and  didn't have to pay shipping.  So if I lived in America that one would come to about $200.  You can get them cheaper now. 

Rising Stuff sells loose one for $99

nectarsis

I received mine thru a trade so hard to gauge a $ value.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

nat

The most I ever spent on a single FX was $65. I bought a bulk lot of them that were "broken", fixed them, and re-sold them at $40/piece for just the loose console. I didn't take a loss, even at that price.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Arkhan Asylum

I got my boxed one for like, 120?

I dunno Sensei, how much did you charge me? lol
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MissaFX

I paid about 110  (before shipping) for my boxed FX when I bought like 5 games with it from Hit Japan over a year ago.
I paid 44 dollars and about 11 shipping for a loose one with issues from GeePee which I am currently tinkering with. fully working :dance:
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

SuperDeadite

About $120 for a mint boxed unit, but it also came with a BMP already installed.  Bought here in Japan, so no shipping.  (Though lugging it on the rush hour train was a pain in the ass).
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

Turbo D

I unfortunately voted don't own an FX:| :? :( :cry: :x
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Keranu

Don't really remember how much my PC-FX itself cost, but I paid $250 I think for the boxed system and five games (including Yuna FX, a pricier title). If you do enough searching in the PC-FX sales forum, you'll be able to find the seller's thread that I bought from in person.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

nectarsis

Yuna..pricey???  I see it for $25ish regularly.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Keranu

I was always under the impression that it was in the $50 range. I'm not up to date with PC-FX prices, so I'll take your word for it.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

SuperDeadite

Most stores in Japan sell Yuna for $2.00-5.00.  The game is common as dirt, only FX game thats usually cheaper is Team Innocent.

DJLobo

I picked up a boxed one for $125 before shipping almost a year ago. I did purchase Yuna with it & I paid $17 for that game.
Early to bed, early to rise gives a man no social life. - Yakko Warner

Sensei

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 11/03/2008, 06:37 AMMost stores in Japan sell Yuna for $2.00-5.00.  The game is common as dirt, only FX game thats usually cheaper is Team Innocent.
Really?  Where do you shop?

Are you confusing it with Graduation 2? 

The normal going price for Yuna is around $20-$30

But I would love to be wrong on this one.  $5 for Yuna would be great.

SuperDeadite

The Osaka SuperPotato has a stack of them for 500yen each though they are kind of buried and really hard to find without digging.  I've seen them cheaper in a lot of the local non-chain stores too.  I don't think there's much demand for that game (or most FX games in general).  Even the big 4 (Zenki, Zeroigar, CCK, TMCP) seem to be priced for less recently.  Lately Zeroigar seems to be the most expensive here, but the price is still much lower then the typical "rare game" prices for the popular systems.

NecroPhile

Quote from: turbo D on 11/01/2008, 07:18 AMI unfortunately voted don't own an FX:| :? :( :cry: :x
Same here.  I just muddle along with M.E.F.X.  :|
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sinistron

Got mine for $40.   Thanks Nat.   :wink:
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Sensei

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 11/03/2008, 11:16 AMThe Osaka SuperPotato has a stack of them for 500yen each though they are kind of buried and really hard to find without digging.  I've seen them cheaper in a lot of the local non-chain stores too.  I don't think there's much demand for that game (or most FX games in general).  Even the big 4 (Zenki, Zeroigar, CCK, TMCP) seem to be priced for less recently.  Lately Zeroigar seems to be the most expensive here, but the price is still much lower then the typical "rare game" prices for the popular systems.
Crazy!  I will have my Osaka friend check it this weekend.  Here the prices are actually going up.  I saw a Zenki for $270 last week and when I was in Tokyo (for TGS) I saw one going for over $300.

SuperDeadite

Quote from: Sensei on 11/03/2008, 11:26 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 11/03/2008, 11:16 AMThe Osaka SuperPotato has a stack of them for 500yen each though they are kind of buried and really hard to find without digging.  I've seen them cheaper in a lot of the local non-chain stores too.  I don't think there's much demand for that game (or most FX games in general).  Even the big 4 (Zenki, Zeroigar, CCK, TMCP) seem to be priced for less recently.  Lately Zeroigar seems to be the most expensive here, but the price is still much lower then the typical "rare game" prices for the popular systems.
Crazy!  I will have my Osaka friend check it this weekend.  Here the prices are actually going up.  I saw a Zenki for $270 last week and when I was in Tokyo (for TGS) I saw one going for over $300.
Wow, those prices are nuts.  My last visit to Tokyo was June 2007.  I bought CCK and Zeroigar for 9,800yen each at the Akiba SuperPotato.  I bought Zenki for 12,000yen from Media Land and they are usually the most expensive store in the city from what I've heard.

drdre

Ugh, too much...

I got my system boxed w/ an extra controller for $80, but then shipping was another $60....
Arms installation is complete....good luck

blueraven

I don't own one yet. Still looking for one under $100 shipped! I'm not cheap, just thrifty.  :roll:

Dazz

Quote from: blueraven on 11/12/2008, 11:32 PMI don't own one yet. Still looking for one under $100 shipped! I'm not cheap, just thrifty.  :roll:
same

geepee16

My first FX was $250 actually but my most recent one was under $100.  I doubt they will ever go under $100 + shipped from Japan.  FX consoles were pretty hard to find two years ago as stores stopped carrying them but recently starting buying them back or accepting trades.  The average mint unit CIB in Japan these days goes for about $125 though it can be found less with some digging.

wilsonw111

got mine for HKD 750, so that's around USD 100.   boxed
but I can't find them rare games here at all..  well ...for any good price....errr

OldSchoolGamer

I just got my PC-FX recently. I got mine for $115 before shipping boxed complete.
(14:42:34) OSG: real life should have such things as achievements
(14:43:11) OSG: You just banged 2 girls at once.... ACHIEVEMENT!
(14:43:48) chop5: not only that,theres gonna be hidden adds too
(14:47:59) OSG: You ate a girl out...ACHIEVEMENT! (in the background theres a poster... "Hungry? Come eat at TGI FRIDAYS!"

geepee16

SuperDeadLite said:

>Most stores in Japan sell Yuna for $2.00-5.00.  The game is common as dirt, only FX game thats usually cheaper >is Team Innocent.

I have to contest this.  In all my years in Japan -and many trips prior to moving there - and my constant scouring of Yahoo and Rakuten auctions, I have never once thought that Yuna was even one of the cheapest games and I was one of the most active shoppers I knew there.  I even hit Nipponbashi and Nakano for stuff from time to time.  While I don't doubt you may have found it for $5 in a store somewhere (a good find), the cheapest games for the FX are thus:

Graduation II FX
Queen of Queens Wrestling (BY FAR, the cheapest.  i've seen it going for less than $1 many times)
Neo Generation
-----------------------these are the only games I have consistently seen at less than $5

From there, the next standard price was 980 yen (almost $10) and then $20.  The last time I saw Zenki for less than $150 was at Medialand in 1999 (when they actually carried FX titles which they rarely ever do anymore- in fact, I haven't seen more than one FX game in stock in four years).  looking at the yahoo auction pages now, i see team innocent going in three auctions for $2 (in a set someone is desperate to get rid of, i guess), $30 and $45 (both overpriced). 

if yo ufound zenki for 12,000 yen, let me know when you find another and i'll fling the money over to you asap as i would love to get a second one.

SuperDeadite

Last time I visited SuperPotato, the prices had gone up.  But they also had changed the layout of the 2nd floor a lot.  The old broken candycabs were gone, etc.  Looks like they changed the prices back.  I'd assume they don't really keep inventory in that huge junk room of a store.

I bought my Zenki FX for 12,000yen from MediaLand during my vacation back in June '07.  It's also where I bought a lot of my cheaper games, such as Anime Freak Vol 1 for 200yen.

There was a Zenki FX for about the same price in the Den Den shop "Game___ (forgot the kanji)" about three months ago.  It has since been sold though.  There was also a Zenki in the Kyoto branch of A-Too for about 16,000yen, but it's also gone now.  Prices have certainly been going up with FX stuff though.

geepee16

if you found zenki for 12-15,000 yen, then i would say the opposite is true because the last time i saw it on a shelf was at trader in august/september for 22,000 yen or so and that was a bargain.

TGX16

Won my FX on Ebay UK £67.00 ($104.00) shipping to Sweden £15.00. And best of all is that since UK and Sweden both are EU, no Duty or taxes.
Now I just have to wait for the games and BMP to arrive ;D

Just in from the UK (9/2-10) a PC-FX in mint-cond. Boxed and complete incl. shipping to sweden £110.00 (+ a demo CD for £7.0) And same as before no Taxes no duty and no extra cost what so ever.

exodus

$60 for mine, but that was years ago.