OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Introducing myself and Turbo Views......

Started by ChrisBucci, 01/05/2009, 02:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisBucci

Wow, thanks for keeping this thread going guys.  You're awesome and I'm glad you enjoy the series.  :)

Shrapnoid

Quote from: spida1a on 02/15/2012, 01:06 PMWow, thanks for keeping this thread going guys.  You're awesome and I'm glad you enjoy the series.  :)
Nuh-uh! You're the one that's awesome and everybody knows it!

TR0N

IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Duo_R

Should be called "Yo this Blows"  lol.  Good review tho
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

TheClash603

I never knew Yo' Bro came with a poster!  I need it hanging on my game room wall, this is one of my favorite and I feel the most overrated TG16 games there is.  Anyone have a poster for me?  Time to start a WTB thread :)

Keith Courage

I used to have that Yo Bro poster. It fell apart after all the times I've moved. Same with my giant lords of thunder poster  ](*,)

motdelbourt

I like the Paperboy graphic style, and the plant monsters. Might not have been a bad idea to take some of that money they paid for the music, fun though it is, and spend a few more weeks polishing this thing up.

Shrapnoid

Mathius

Quote from: Shrapnoid on 02/20/2012, 08:11 PMThat very poster is being gouged on ebay, right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Yo-Bro-Turbo-Grafx-Collector-Poster-13-X-11-/380363711362?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item588f71a382
We just can't win. I am so grateful that Bucci does these videos. They make part of the Turbo's legacy in my mind. But, it seems like as soon as Bucci does a video the game that is featured goes up in price. Poor Bucci, I know that isn't his intent.

allyourblood

Thanks again for all these reviews, Chris. They're really great! I saw that you uploaded Terraforming in higher quality. Awesome!
If anyone gets any leads on a "fair priced" copy of Coryoon, please lemme know!

Where is fancy bred?

allyourblood

And don't worry too much, Mathius. That dude's been trying to sell that poster for that price off and on for the better part of a year.

Where is fancy bred?

Mathius

Quote from: allyourblood on 02/21/2012, 12:06 AMAnd don't worry too much, Mathius. That dude's been trying to sell that poster for that price off and on for the better part of a year.
Guess I should check eBay more often.

allyourblood

Quote from: Mathius on 02/21/2012, 12:18 AM
Quote from: allyourblood on 02/21/2012, 12:06 AMAnd don't worry too much, Mathius. That dude's been trying to sell that poster for that price off and on for the better part of a year.
I've barely been keeping track of prices lately. Can't spend too much right now, so I've just been enjoying what I already own. But every time I peek and check current prices, they seem to just be getting worse and worse. Oh well!

Where is fancy bred?

TR0N

Quote from: Duo_R on 02/20/2012, 12:55 PMShould be called "Yo this Blows"  lol.  Good review tho
LOL or Yo this ho ripped ya off.
IMG

Mathius

Quote from: allyourblood on 02/21/2012, 12:21 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 02/21/2012, 12:18 AM
I've barely been keeping track of prices lately. Can't spend too much right now, so I've just been enjoying what I already own. But every time I peek and check current prices, they seem to just be getting worse and worse. Oh well!
Hence why I don't browse eBay as often. I am right there with ya.

ChrisBucci

...haha, thanks allyourblood.   Mathius was starting to hurt my feelings.   lol  ;)

Mathius

Quote from: spida1a on 02/21/2012, 01:28 AM...haha, thanks allyourblood.   Mathius was starting to hurt my feelings.   lol  ;)
Don't listen to me rant and rave, Bucc. Just keep doing what you do best...taking all of us in your nostalgia drenched time machine back to when gaming was imaginative and chiptunes rocked our ears. :)   

Edit:  .....and CD-Rom cheese. :wink:

Samurai Ghost

Quote from: spida1a on 02/21/2012, 01:28 AM...haha, thanks allyourblood.   Mathius was starting to hurt my feelings.   lol  ;)
Hey man, keep up the good work!! Huge fan of your videos, both for the Turbo and your pinball vids. You are an awesome dude!!

ChrisBucci

Ha ha.  Thanks guys, I was just messin' around with ya' Mathius!  If I cared what other people thought...Keith Courage would have gotten a nostalgically wonderful 5 stars...     :)

Shrapnoid

It's not you that's causing it anyway, Chris. I've been looking around and it's starting to happen with other systems and games too, even on craigslist.
Lately it seems that the money munchers out there, have gotten it in their heads that 20 year old games have moved out of the collectable market and into the antiques market.
Guess nobody told them that nothing is an antique until after 30 years.

BTW, I caught your Cadash review a few days ago. Nice job as always.

TR0N

IMG

SMF

Ahhh yes TailSpin you are so bad but so much better then your Disney counterpart. Great review again Chris. Before you know it Turbo Views Vol. 3 is gonna be coming out.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

ChrisBucci

Very true SMF and thanks for updating TRON.    Thanks for the support as always!  :)

munchiaz

TR0N

Quote from: spida1a on 02/26/2012, 03:28 PMVery true SMF and thanks for updating TRON.    Thanks for the support as always!  :)
No problem any disney fan should see tailspin and avoid it for the TG16  :roll:
IMG

motdelbourt

Maybe I'm crazy, but this looks enjoyable.

SMF

That's how the game sucks you in, Looks fun and enjoyable till you pick up the controller that is lol.

Obfuscate

I really liked the Tailspin game as a kid, one of the few I beat. As an adult it's not great but think it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

Keith Courage

I also enjoyed the game when I was younger. I'll have to try it out again to see if I still like it now.

djolof

Quote from: Keith Courage on 03/01/2012, 02:00 AMI also enjoyed the game when I was younger. I'll have to try it out again to see if I still like it now.
I'll third that- when I was 6, it was one of the few games I could get through on the system...

For my birthday (when i was 6) I had the choice of getting Talespin or Yo Bro... went for Talespin... I think I made the right decision, haha

TR0N

While this isn't TG16 related spida1a will be a guest again on the allgengamers podcast  :!: :!:
He was a guest befor going back to epsiode 2 talking about the TG16 etc.

Becuase of this i have become a regular listener for it.
IMG

nat

Quote from: djolof on 03/01/2012, 06:42 PMFor my birthday (when i was 6) I had the choice of getting Talespin or Yo Bro... went for Talespin... I think I made the right decision, haha
Man, I was just thinking the opposite!

ChrisBucci

Hey TRON...it was fun...I was on "Skype" talking to another PodCast guy about doing his show.  And literally Johnny said, "HEY...you around...we need a guest."  I said, "Um...."   Next thing I'm connected and BAM we're starting to talk....lol!

TR0N

Quote from: spida1a on 03/12/2012, 12:41 AMHey TRON...it was fun...I was on "Skype" talking to another PodCast guy about doing his show.  And literally Johnny said, "HEY...you around...we need a guest."  I said, "Um...."   Next thing I'm connected and BAM we're starting to talk....lol! 
Realy heh they joke about having you on again and i did wounder when that would be.The guys at (allgengamers) didn't waste time did they lol! Any ways,looking forward to listening to the whole thing when it's put up later in the week.
IMG

ChrisBucci

I just listened to the "teaser" (which is...the first ten minutes of the show).  It is funny...we talk a bunch about TurboGrafx in it as well as pinball and other stuff.  Yet in the teaser...this is NONE of that.  Ha ha.   :)

TR0N

Quote from: spida1a on 03/12/2012, 12:52 AMI just listened to the "teaser" (which is...the first ten minutes of the show).  It is funny...we talk a bunch about TurboGrafx in it as well as pinball and other stuff.  Yet in the teaser...this is NONE of that.  Ha ha.   :)
Talk of TG16 and pinball in it huh good two of my favorite things then.
IMG

Senshi

Quote from: spida1a on 03/12/2012, 12:52 AMI just listened to the "teaser" (which is...the first ten minutes of the show).  It is funny...we talk a bunch about TurboGrafx in it as well as pinball and other stuff.  Yet in the teaser...this is NONE of that.  Ha ha.   :)
Glad to see you're on the podcast again.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

TR0N

IMG

TR0N

Not TG16 related but another home video of spida1a on how to play mega man  :lol:
IMG

kamiboy

spida1a with the homebrew Rockman port for the PCE you could actually do a followup review of the game in a future TurboViews episode.

Sadler

PikachuWarrior

Now he's someone well respected on Youtube and knows his Turbo stuff. I like looking at his Turbo Views videos on games I don't have any idea what they are about. Short and concise!
IMG

Duo_R

Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

jperryss

Quote from: Duo_R on 07/28/2012, 06:19 PMHis game died!!!
I believe he got his replacement from someone here, I vaguely remember seeing a WTB thread from him.

Mathius

Quote from: jperryss on 07/28/2012, 06:32 PM
Quote from: Duo_R on 07/28/2012, 06:19 PMHis game died!!!
I believe he got his replacement from someone here, I vaguely remember seeing a WTB thread from him.
That would be me. :wink:

jperryss

Quote from: Mathius on 07/28/2012, 08:23 PMThat would be me. :wink:
Well then, thank you for making this vid possible.  :D

ChrisBucci

Yes, thanks to Mathius....we had an ending!!  :)

It is funny because...the way the video originally ended...I took the chip out, stopped the end review credits, and destroyed the broken chip.  Almost AVGN-ish.  Just despondent and upset (which I truly was).  I had HAD it.

Halfway into editing, I picked up the new copy of SSS for FUN and beat the game some random day (recording all of stage 8 in anticipation).  So excited, I re-wrote the ending and decided to do a slight "homage" to King of Kong since it ended almost the same, near the end of editing it was defeated and changed the outcome.  Ha ha.   

Thanks guys!  As always,
Chris

Mathius

My pleasure! Always glad to help out. Especially now that I am kind of part of Turbo Views history.  :)

Kaijuboy

Quote from: spida1a on 07/28/2012, 09:20 PMThanks guys!  As always,
Chris
No Chris, THANK YOU for all the awesome vids over the years.  =D>  You were one of my first youtube subscriptions!  :)

Glad to see a new vid up!

Any new pinball machines on the way?  O:)

SMF

Thats awesome, Glad to see more Turbo Views up and running.