@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

How did you record the HuCard PSG songs, Aaron?

Started by esteban, 04/22/2005, 03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

hi aaron,

well, i finally started listening to PCEfx radio (simply superb!), now that i have a new laptop (and now that I'm working 24/7 on it).  Previously, I had only listened occasionally.

anyway, i was wondering how you recorded the HuCard songs for PCEfx radio.

Personally, this is how I would do it (it's very old-skool and unsophisticated, but I also love analog, not emulated, sound... so I'm trying to do this from actual hardware, not MagicEngine):

1. shove HuCard into TG+CD
2. connect RCA plugs to my tape deck, well, I guess now I'd hook it up to my computer (gotta get some cables or adapters, stupid computers don't have RCA jacks :)
3. press / click "record" with some sort of software i don't think i have

problems: unless a game has a sound test, i'll have a tough time recording a whole song without SFX. Some games will work OK, but many (i.e. forced scrolling, time limits) don't lend themselves to this method.

i'd appreciate anyone's help, any hints, anything at all.

I have: mac powerbook G4 (os x 10.3.8 8) )-- no clue about its sound card,
ancient ibm thinkpad (windows 2000) -- minimal sound card,
even more ancient dell pentium II (windows 98 ) w/ 1998 ati all-in-wonder card), which is probably the only decent "line in / audio in" option available to me, i think. maybe not.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

PCEngineFX

Well, that is pretty much how I used to do it as well.  Just hooked up my DUO to my PC, hit record on Windows Sound Recorder and that was it.  Recently I've been doing the whole HuCard PSG ripping thing (HES) which produces a perfect digital recording of the HuCard music...
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG