@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Is it possible to "Sticky" a topic?

Started by Platinumfungi, 03/05/2009, 10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Platinumfungi

I'm wondering if it would be possible to create some sticky topics in the forums. Specifically regarding resources that are very useful for the PCFX community, but that many people don't seem to know are here.

I'm mainly thinking of the guides over in the "Repair/Mod Discussion" Forum for:

- Turbo Duo Sound Fix
- Turbo Express Sound Fix
- Any good guide about upgrading the audio/video capabilities of NEC systems
- Any good guide about repairing/modifying controller pads
- (If people wanted, my charts for Duo and Express total capacitor replacement)

And any other guides that seem to answer the questions that people seem to ask over and over.

Perhaps a topic would have to get "x" number of votes before it could become a sticky or something, I'm not sure how the call would be made. Obviously you don't want to give free reign to users and don't want 50 sticky posts.

I thought I'd ask about this as I've seen people asking awhile back in some of the topics, and I personally feel it would be an awesome upgrade for the "Repair/Mod Discussion" Forum.

Thanks for any thoughts  :D

RG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

I agree. The main mod/fix threads should definitely be made stickies.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Duo_R

Great idea RG! I say we sticky the listed threads.
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq

Platinumfungi

IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Red Ghost on 03/05/2009, 11:01 PM:dance: Oh yeah! We've got stickies :dance:
Damn. That happened so quick I thought that maybe they already were sticky threads and I just was too slow to notice.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Platinumfungi

Quote from: ceti alpha on 03/06/2009, 12:12 AM
Quote from: Red Ghost on 03/05/2009, 11:01 PM:dance: Oh yeah! We've got stickies :dance:
Damn. That happened so quick I thought that maybe they already were sticky threads and I just was too slow to notice.
That's just how efficient this site is  =D>  =D>  =D>
IMG

Platinumfungi

Just two quick notes.

- The "TurboDuo/PCE Duo: Total capacitor replacement chart" should really be labeled a Repair Guide instead of a Mod. It's just a visual reference to use as a person replaces the worn out parts with new ones. No modification of the original hardware is really preformed.

- If possible, could we sticky the "Turbo Express total capacitor replacement chart"? Several people have asked about it and I think many people have found it useful.

Thanks again for the super fast stickies!  =D>
IMG

PCEngineFX

Done - if there are any other threads that you think should be sticky, please let me know.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

Platinumfungi

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 03/11/2009, 02:14 PMDone - if there are any other threads that you think should be sticky, please let me know.
Awesome! Thanks again  :D
IMG

Platinumfungi

I just wanted to request two topics be made "sticky" over in the Repair/Mod forum. Several people have requested on both of these, so I thought I'd post the request here:

- "TG-CD: Total capacitor replacement chart + useful info"

- "REPAIR GUIDE - Super CDROM2: Total capacitor replacement chart"

Thanks!
RG
IMG

pixeljunkie

Quote from: Red Ghost on 04/16/2011, 06:32 PMI just wanted to request two topics be made "sticky" over in the Repair/Mod forum. Several people have requested on both of these, so I thought I'd post the request here:

- "TG-CD: Total capacitor replacement chart + useful info"

- "REPAIR GUIDE - Super CDROM2: Total capacitor replacement chart"

Thanks!
RG
agreed!

Charlie

How about "Repair Guide - Interface Unit"?  Then I'd have someplace to "stick" the schematic(s).  (Ha!  I made a funny!)

Charlie