Were do I find gold plated phono and s-video jacks?

Started by Sensato Black Lion, 08/05/2009, 09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sensato Black Lion

I don't know if I'm asking this at the right place but I'm looking for panel mount connectors exactly like these:

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p266/Rockguard/Sega/CloseupforGTZ4.jpg

Can anyone help me find a reliable source for those? Thanks!

kattare

Try these guys.  Last time I ordered here, they had to backorder the yellow ones, but I got 'em eventually:

http://www.action-electronics.com/audioconnectors.htm#Rca
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

Sensato Black Lion

Thanks for the link. Looked great, too bad do they offer internationnal shipping. :(

kattare

doh.

Quebec's a pretty big city isn't it?  No electronics stores around there anywhere?  Man, I'd kill to live in a big city with a good electronics store in driving range.

Sensato Black Lion

I'm actually in a smaller city than Quebec, (located in the province of Quebec) and used to do my components shopping in 2 local electronics shops but ended up realizing that I was paying much more if I bought there than on-line. A mod could cost me twice as much, and they often didn't have everything I was looking for in stock.

I still go there occasionally but they don't have gold plated RCA jacks nor gold plated chassis mount s-video connector. Radio-Shack has some standard gold plated phono jacks but they're asking 3$ a piece, which is around 3 times more than what I'm willing to pay for those.)

blueraven

I'm also looking for these at a decent price.  I went to three electronics supply stores in California (not RadioShack), and found that gold-plated RCA jacks were indeed $3 apiece.

The Gold-Plated S-Video jack, i was told, would be an "online item" at around $5. I'm confident something will turn up online. If I find anything cheap enough I will follow up on this thread.

kattare

dunno about the s-video jack, but the link I posted before should be ideal for a californian.  They're in Santa Ana - $0.75/ea on the gold rca jacks.  ;-)

blueraven

I'll definitely be placing an order there, thanks kattare!