RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Ys IV Dubbing Project: Take 2

Started by Arjak, 10/13/2009, 08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arjak

I was just checking out the Ancient Land of Ys forum, and I discovered this:

http://voiceactingalliance.com/board/showthread.php?t=45645

I already posted this in the Translation thread I started, but I figured it deserved its own topic for extra visibility.

Casting is still open, so if you want to be a part of Ys translation history, I'd recommend clicking that link and following the audition instructions.

I'm trying out for the role of Duren. [-o<

P.S. From what I can tell, yes, Nightwolve knows about this.
He who dings the Gunhed must PAAAAY!!! -Ninja Spirit

termis

Had I the time, I'd volunteer for this one.  I'd love to see Ys 4 dub completed.

I'm on another translation project though -- I'll see how that one goes first, and if the folks are still on the dub project then, I might jump in.

NecroPhile

Like I posted in the other thread, I hope this turns out well.  8)
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arjak

We need actors!

If anyone is willing and able, PLEASE audition! [-o<

ParanoiaDragon

I already did, I sent you a link to a collection of all the work my wife, friend Jessica, & myself did for the original Ys 4 dub, but it looks like you haven't downloaded yet, here's the link again:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a0b0658/n/Ys_4_rar
IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Arjak on 10/13/2009, 08:58 PMP.S. From what I can tell, yes, Nightwolve knows about this.
Yeah, we're gonna work it out when I get a chance. Hopefully he'll manage to finish it. Too bad Justus couldn't do it, but oh well.

Really guys, it just needs a determined project manager to recruit the best voice actors, standardize instructions with recording software for each person, etc. and I can take it from there. All the hacking for extraction and insertion was done long time ago; I was just waiting on Justus to finish but he never did.

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 10/24/2009, 07:50 PMI already did, I sent you a link to a collection of all the work my wife, friend Jessica, & myself did for the original Ys 4 dub, but it looks like you haven't downloaded yet, here's the link again:
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a0b0658/n/Ys_4_rar
Hey alright, I might as well check that out. I never got that from Justus, of course, I remember him mentioning that he lost some files when I was asking him to give me whatever he had. What I got was the intro and almost all of Karna's clips plus a few other stuff, about 19 or so.

Incidentally, if you guys never saw the Karna stuff, I uploaded it here: https://www.ysutopia.net/downloads/ys4/KarnaAVI.rar

It's a shame, I liked her voice for that quite a bit.

This is all very interesting timing too BTW. I was in the process of wanting to create a "The Lost Ys IV Dubs" youtube video to showcase whatever great work Justus had done. It was just for the hell of it really and lamenting that the project was abandoned. I wanted folks to see what "could've" been possible basically. It turned out though, GeeMac32bit tried his luck with dubbing the intro and had already uploaded such a video which is how I ran into him.

NightWolve

Update: I have some bad news about this, but then some good news. GeeMac32bit is cancelling the project... I pasted his email to me from the other day below:

QuoteJust letting you that due to many factors especially the fact i'm having my internet cut at the end of next week, I am cancelling the project.

If you want to take the reins then go for it.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you succeed.

GeeMac32bit
I had been trying to organize things with him the past few weeks, but it didn't pan out. He had started recording dubs from people and did not have the original Japanese adpcm samples to work with, nor a needed cross-reference to know which English translation line applies to which sample so that the actor would know exactly how much time to spend saying their line in English. That is, if Goban says something in Japanese that is 2.5 seconds long, I cannot increase the length of that clip, so whatever is supposed to be said in English must be said in 2.5 seconds or less. It's even more preferable if the actor can match the points when the Japanese speaker cycles between pausing and speaking when it comes to the character portrait parts and you have moving lips so as to achieve lip syncing... As such, most of the samples that were recorded are likely a waste and have to be redone. That's if I can get anything from him. He's been hard to reach. (I did get a little frustrated with the time it was taking for him to get back to me.)

Anyway, I think I wanna see this project completed once and for all after having heard some of ParanoiaDragon's dubs in the link he pasted. I'm gonna try to organize a plan with him and/or whoever else would be willing and go from there. What I'm gonna need is the following:

1) All the samples that have been recorded so as to help pick who would be the best actor/actress for each part. Whatever samples have been recorded are good as auditions, but like I said, they'll likely have to be recorded again.

2) We need one person that can understand and listen to spoken Japanese in order to help me cross reference the original Japanese audio clips to the translations provided in DeuceBag's Ys IV Speech file. Some work was actually started by DeuceBag on this, but he actually cannot understand spoken Japanese; he's limited to textual abilities and even then requires the aid of services like WWWJDIC. What happened is he found another text file from a Japanese website that cross-referenced some things, but it was incomplete and the accuracy is unknown. So anyhow, we need somebody that's very proficient in Japanese as a speaker for this job!

3) Tips on recording software and the like. We need to have every actor using the same software, recording at the same volume level, etc. What's good freeware out there for this? Something better than the generic Windows included one.

Well, that's all I can think of off hand. This being the second time seeing this project fail has irritated me to a point where I'm willing to manage it myself and as things are going a little better for me in 2010, I'm willing to put a little time on an excursion like this. It can be done and it should, I say!

_Paul

Audacity is good free recording software.

NightWolve

You know, I just played around with it and I think it has great potential. Very lightweight, quick install, and seems pretty easy to use. For the lip syncing parts, you can watch the waveform of the original in one application instance while you speak and record your English in another application instance thereby aiding you in getting them to match as closely as possible. Even after that, I can edit the recording and space parts out between pauses for improvement. Thanks! Definitely a good start.

I dunno what I'll have to do when it comes to clips with background music in them just yet, but most clips are just of the actor speaking, so I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. Have to learn how to combine two separate audio streams.

Arkhan Asylum

the one thing you gotta remember with Audacity is to save often!   Sometimes the more fiddle-dicking you do with your project, the faster it crashes!

other then that, I like the program alot.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

ParanoiaDragon

I believe almost all the music used during voice acting, is included on the Dawn of Ys Perfect Collection discs, with 1 exception, I think the VERY last track where old Lilia is reading a story to kids, is either missing entirely, or missing part of it.  That's what I recall from bitd.
IMG

NightWolve

Ah, I didn't think of that. Good. So there are clean sources of almost all of the background music. The question then is what's the better and/or easier method, a) the voice actor records his dub while playing the background music (recorded simulatenously), or b) the voice actor records his dub cleanly and the background music is combined afterwards with software (I'm guessing this can be done with Audacity)? The former is easier, but I'm betting the latter is the better method.

ParanoiaDragon

I'd say the latter is both easier & better.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/08/2010, 04:41 AM... b) the voice actor records his dub cleanly and the background music is combined afterwards...
This is the only way it should be done :)

Good to see you around, by the way.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NightWolve

Quote from: esteban on 01/09/2010, 09:46 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 01/08/2010, 04:41 AM... b) the voice actor records his dub cleanly and the background music is combined afterwards...
This is the only way it should be done :)
Only problem being I dunno how do it, not yet anyway. I imagine it can't be that hard, though.

QuoteGood to see you around, by the way.
I had to retire/severely limit my message board visiting habits the last few years, but I did miss this board somewhat and now I have a little more time to spare.

shonenx

Im so down to help in any way possible in this project i dont have audio proggie skills but can figure things out with time lemme know how i can help even with voice acting or donations.
You're Already Dead !!!

TurboXray

Very cool that this project hasn't died. Would it not be the first of its kind for a translation, or has the PSX scene already beat it to the punch for dubbing?

I guess it's not really necessary now, but there's been talk of setting up the TG16 to output CC (Closed Captioning) since it can output pixels on those particular scanlines. Even if doable, I can see it being fairly complex to setup on top of an existing game graphic engine.

Anyway, great to see this project still kicking :)

SignOfZeta

Since its been a year since we've heard anything, I'm pretty sure the project isn't still kicking.

I find myself in a frustrating situation. I've got enough experience with audio stuff to handle this kind of thing easily, as well as quality mics, software, friends and acquaintances who are LARPing cosplaying dorks who will want to act, etc. but I don't have the Japanese skills needed, nor would I want to be involved in making the scripts, or making a usable game out of the recordings.

Rather than having all sorts of people managing their own situations in a dozen locations across the word, it would be much easier to have one person come up with a recording script that is properly timed and matched to the original files, and then just record all the shit in the same place on the same day to keep things from getting scattered and stupid. This way the audio would be properly normalized, organized, and ready to go for whoever builds the ISO back together. If I know what to record, and exactly which clip to match the timing to, I can get that stuff done. I would also need the OST.

So...yeah, I can work with something like that.

The Sorry I Have to Be a Dick Disclaimer: I'm giving fair warning to anyone else involved, I'm willing to spend time on this, but not waste time on it. I have no interesting in being involved with a failure, so before anyone fires up this seemingly doomed project and wants my services, please have your shit together, really together, before you contact me.
IMG

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: TurboXray on 01/16/2011, 05:37 PMVery cool that this project hasn't died. Would it not be the first of its kind for a translation, or has the PSX scene already beat it to the punch for dubbing?

I guess it's not really necessary now, but there's been talk of setting up the TG16 to output CC (Closed Captioning) since it can output pixels on those particular scanlines. Even if doable, I can see it being fairly complex to setup on top of an existing game graphic engine.

Anyway, great to see this project still kicking :)
IIRC, the closed captioning/subtitling thing can't be done for Ys 4, as there was too much memory being used during cinemas for there to be enough for the subtitles, but don't quote me on that!  I do recall there being a possibility of subtitles in Cosmic Fantasy 1(I believe by making it a SCD), & the regular cd version of Tengai Makyou 2, but it's been awhile since I've hear anything about either of these projects.
IMG

TurboXray

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/16/2011, 07:17 PMSince its been a year since we've heard anything, I'm pretty sure the project isn't still kicking.

I find myself in a frustrating situation. I've got enough experience with audio stuff to handle this kind of thing easily, as well as quality mics, software, friends and acquaintances who are LARPing cosplaying dorks who will want to act, etc. but I don't have the Japanese skills needed, nor would I want to be involved in making the scripts, or making a usable game out of the recordings.

Rather than having all sorts of people managing their own situations in a dozen locations across the word, it would be much easier to have one person come up with a recording script that is properly timed and matched to the original files, and then just record all the shit in the same place on the same day to keep things from getting scattered and stupid. This way the audio would be properly normalized, organized, and ready to go for whoever builds the ISO back together. If I know what to record, and exactly which clip to match the timing to, I can get that stuff done. I would also need the OST.

The Sorry I Have to Be a Dick Disclaimer: I'm giving fair warning to anyone else involved, I'm willing to spend time on this, but not waste time on it. I have no interesting in being involved with a failure, so before anyone fires up this seemingly doomed project and wants my services, please have your shit together, really together, before you contact me.
Oh, I misread the date  :oops: I don't blame you for being leery about handling this sort of project. But if pride and recognition were ever a motivator, this would be the incredible feat to pull off for that. The first of its kind for a game translation (of that era) that I know of. A first for the TG16 CD if nothing else.

QuoteIIRC, the closed captioning/subtitling thing can't be done for Ys 4, as there was too much memory being used during cinemas for there to be enough for the subtitles, but don't quote me on that!  I do recall there being a possibility of subtitles in Cosmic Fantasy 1(I believe by making it a SCD), & the regular cd version of Tengai Makyou 2, but it's been awhile since I've hear anything about either of these projects.
No doubt that it would be pretty complex. But CC isn't the same thing as rewriting a games cell map. You would need like 8 scanlines to show a single line of 8x8 font text. CC is a hardware thing decoded by your TV and only requires 1 scanline data in the upper part of the display and can show multiple lines of text. In theory it's possible, but I guess theory doesn't mean anything until someone shows a working example of CC on the TG16.

termis

ANY dub project that's actually completed would be awesome.  As prices for pressing CDs go down, imagine a real, 100% translated, dubbed game on a real CD -- that'd be kick-ass.  I'd imagine there'd be no problems of gathering enough people to pay for a single batch of pressed CDs for a game like Ys IV.

esteban

Quote from: termis on 01/17/2011, 03:25 AMANY dub project that's actually completed would be awesome.  As prices for pressing CDs go down, imagine a real, 100% translated, dubbed game on a real CD -- that'd be kick-ass.  I'd imagine there'd be no problems of gathering enough people to pay for a single batch of pressed CDs for a game like Ys IV.
I know some folks frown on fan subs, but I agree that they can be a lot of fun if their heart is in the right place.

Ys IV: I'll provide Yuko's voice.

Arjak

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/16/2011, 07:17 PMSince its been a year since we've heard anything, I'm pretty sure the project isn't still kicking.

Yes, the attempt spoken of in this thread crashed and burned. Still, I am not going to allow this project to strike out! I spoke to Nightwolve a while back on the subject of getting this project finally finished, and he said he would try to send me everything I would need sometime in the near future. If and when I get the necessary materials, I would gladly accept any help you could offer, SignOfZeta.

NightWolve

OK Arjak, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccck...... ;)

*waves to whoever*

This is a quicki visit as I'm on a public computer. Basically, I finally released what I'm calling the "Ys IV Dub Kit" which will allow anyone to complete this project! This is what you were waiting for, Arjak! Check the links for details:

https://www.ysutopia.net/forums/index.php?topic=395
http://forums.magicengine.com/en/viewtopic.php?p=15868#15868

A thread on MagicEngine turned up that motivated me to take a few hours to package together a kit (basically prepared batch files, Shadoff's ADPCM tools, English samples along with some tips/info), to let whoever wants to finish the project do so. It's all yours (whoever wants it, that is), completely out of my hands now.

Bernie

Sup Nightwolve!  Good to see ya.  Hopefully this project will be seen to the end.  :)

NecroPhile

Hi, N.W.!  Thanks for putting the tools out there; I hope someone picks 'em up and finally runs with this sucker!  I'll gladly help whoever grabs the reins in any way I can, which means 'very little' considering my narrow (slightly retarded) skillset.  :D
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NightWolve

Hey, sup guys, nice to cya! Well, I know Arjak was waiting on this, so we'll see if he can figure it out. It lets you work with all audio clips in WAVE format, so a) if you got the mic, b) the voice actor/actress, c) the audio recording software, d) the will to see it all through completion, that's all that's needed (with a few minor details, of course, but yeah, good enough)! You guys are welcome to play with it - it's good for messing around even if it doesn't ever amount to anything serious.

Burnt Lasagna

Wow, the time for this couldn't have been better. :D
I'm most interested in the txt file that has the ADPCM rooted out by the scene they go by. The tools to extract and insert the ADPCM have been out for awhile on your website, it's sort of buried there but there none the less, I've been using it for about 2 years now.

As some of you my know I've been wanting to get a YsIV fan dub on the road for a while now!
Recently I've been trying to get in contact with Justus Johnson to try and get all the complete tracks that he has so I can pick up where he left off (I know he at least has a complete set for Dogi).

The guy has literally dropped off the face of the earth and I can't find a way to contact him for the life of me. If anyone here  knows how to contact him please tell me.
What Button Do You Press To Jump!?!

NightWolve

He had a completed one for Dogi ?? I don't think so... Everything he gave me was incomplete (couple of files here and there), oh and yes, he mentioned a hard drive disaster and losing stuff... I'm pretty sure I remember that, so yeah, you gotta start from scratch... It's too bad Karna not being finished with the actress he found. She was pretty good as you can tell if you play with the sample clips I included. The ONLY thing I will keep from Justus is the opening cinema WAVE for Darm's speech. That's the only time Darm is brought up (I believe) and the dub is very good.

Here they go for anyone that missed them:

https://www.ysutopia.net/downloads/ys4/ys4_darm_e.avi
https://www.ysutopia.net/downloads/ys4/KarnaAVI.rar

Bernie

Man, it would be awesome to play this again with the new speech.  :)

NightWolve

I have a few more clips I could've included (all of Karna and some others, 10-15 more or so), but I didn't wanna make the zip file too big and since they're effectively worthless, I didn't bother. =\

Burnt Lasagna, yeah, I had a zip file with just the batch file to dump all ADPCM clips, but nothing else. The new Kit has everything and 2 of the batch files either insert a raw ADPCM clip or a WAVE file back into the ISO... Unless someone technical figured that out for you, it wasn't available before.

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/17/2012, 06:53 PMHe had a completed one for Dogi?? I don't think so... Everything he gave me was incomplete (couple of files here and there), .
No, he completed a compile of tracks. This I know for a fact because I have three complete tracks for Dr. Flair, Lilia and Bami that ParanoiaDragon gave me during his time in the project.

As for a complete track for Dogi I heard he made a complete set for him that his room mate did. I heard this on a posts he made on actaint land of ys back in 2010. You can read his post here.
http://seldane.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=ysIV&thread=4644&page=2#122498
Note worthy quote.
QuoteIn particular, I have somewhere a MOST EXCELLENT full recorded set for Dogi

NightWolve

Yeah, he showed up for a while and I tried to get everything from him, but that's what he told me... When he went to actually search for the stuff he said he had, he couldn't find it and recalled a hard drive disaster... =\ I almost had one myself back in April of '07, could've lost all my translation projects'n'everything, but I used GetDataBackforNTFS and it saved most of what was salvageable... By the end of it, the loss was minimized to just my outlook database (which sadly had lots of history & was important to me :(), some games, plenty of Microsoft and other type software, etc. and add to the general annoyance of having to reinstall everything... It was pretty catastrophic, but not as bad as it could've been.

I PM'ed ParanoiaDragon and Arjak about this BTW, so... Arjak had given me some of his stuff, I can't recall if all of it was finished though. Could be, but not sure... We'll see. Anyway, he or whoever can do it all themselves now.

OldRover

Heya NightWolve, glad to see yer still around. :) This looks awesome!
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/17/2012, 07:10 PMYeah, he showed up for a while and I tried to get everything from him, but that's what he told me... When he went to actually search for the stuff he said he had, he couldn't find it and recalled a hard drive disaster...
I'm guessing you contacted him recently, at least after 2010?
I guess if his hard drive did crash there is no way of getting those "MOST EXCELLENT" tracks for Dogi he talked about :-k

Also, what does everyone here think about this project?
http://forums.magicengine.com/en/viewtopic.php?t=2742&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0&sid=0a36481dd5a4f9cabbf542e0782d60b8
I don't know, this guy says he has a professional dubbing studio already doing this job.

NightWolve

Yeah, that's one of the links I posted - I made the Ys IV Dub Kit because of it. Honestly, at first I strongly suspected the guy was the same troll that made two accounts prior to that in order to attack me. He's got the same writing style and his story doesn't jive, at least with me. I figured his project story was some dumb ploy to lure me in the thread and whatnot. He even emailed me and linked it. Whatever the case, whether he's full of shit or not, I made and released the dub kit after that thread seemed to spark some interest again in dubbing this game. (Note, it's a non-English dub that he's supposedly working on, so there's no conflict here if he's not bullshitting.)

As for Justus, I remember that post of his that you linked to. I think that was about the same time that I last spoke with him. He made a few posts on my board too before disappearing again... Anyway, as for getting in touch with him: there's his youtube account and I have his last email address if you want.

incrediblehark

Good to see there's still work on this project! Thanks NightWolve

Mishran

As the other guys said, thanks for everything you've done for the Turbo community NightWolve! I've played throught Ys 4 several times over the years thanks to your translation. Cheers!

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/17/2012, 08:12 PMfirst I strongly suspected the guy was the same troll that made two accounts prior to that in order to attack me. He's got the same writing style and his story doesn't jive, at least with me. I figured his project story was some dumb ploy to lure me in the thread and whatnot. He even emailed me and linked it.
Yeah, I figured as much.
Quote from: NightWolve on 01/17/2012, 08:12 PMas for getting in touch with him: there's his youtube account and I have his last email address if you want.
I've already tried both of those.
His email address is dead now (unless you're talking about a different one other than jj@justusjohnston.com).
I also tried his YouTube account about a week and half ago. Still hasn't replied and I have a feeling he never will.

I know he has a Facebook, but I don't have an account on FB and I would rather not make one (never liked the idea of the site).
If someone here can help contact him over FB can you please send him my email and what I'm asking for?
If your interested send me a PM and I will give you a URL to his FB and my email.

Arjak

Wow, I had completely forgotten about this! I'm glad you have a better memory than I do, NightWolve!

Anyway, since Burnt Lasagna has expressed interest in this project, and he has more experience with this kind of thing than I do, I am handing the project over to him on the absolute condition that this thing actually get finished! You hear me, BL? If this thing fails for a third time because you aren't willing to put in the effort, you will have made a mortal enemy... :twisted:

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: Arjak on 01/18/2012, 01:36 PMYou hear me, BL? If this thing fails for a third time because you aren't willing to put in the effort, you will have made a mortal enemy... :twisted:
Note to self: Start the project, then after auditions are done drop off the face of the earth without further notice :wink:

But seriously, I've been interested in doing a dub for YsIV for a long time. I remember my brothers and I a couple of years back dubbed the beginning of the game just for fun (stopped after Adol&Dogi got to Esteria) we also inserted it into the game. 

I still have a little bit left in my Rondo of Blood project, though most of it tomaitheous has taken up but I'm still managing everything.
Hopefully I'll be able to start something soon :)

ParanoiaDragon

Nice!  Let's get up on this!  I know I gotta eventually re-record Dr. Flair, as the quality of my recording....leaves a bit to be desired, but I believe both Bami & Lilia are great.  If not, oh well on Bami, as she moved out of the area.  :?  I'll do the narrator if need be, unless we find someone better.  I was trying to sound as close as possible to Alen Openheimer's(IIRC) narration in Ys 1 & 2.

Also, as BL stated, we need somebody with a facespace account to try contacting Justus!  Justus needs to be served! :D
IMG

Bernie

Nightwolve has a Facebook acct.  I do as well, if someone wants me to contact them.

esteban

Quote from: NightWolve on 01/17/2012, 05:41 PMOK Arjak, I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccck...... ;)

*waves to whoever*
WORD UP, MOTHER!

Good to hear from you :)

SamIAm

Burnt Lasagna

Alright I just did a quick insertion for all the ADPCM clips for Lilia that ParanoiaDragon gave me (your wife did a great Lilia by the way!).
I did this so I can get an idea of how to go about syncing all the clips. I didn't bother with the two scene's that had music playing in the background since it would be better to have all the dialogue for those scenes dubbed before doing any work on those. 

For the ADPCM extraction and insertion I'm sticking with the batch files I made for them back in 2010. They still use all of NightWolve's address's that he found but I organized them in a way that I feel comfortable working with (I made it dump the ADPCM clips into its own dedicated folder instead of just on the root of the folder, same for insertion), but that "YsIVSpeechMatchUp" text file that NightWolve included in the dub pack is the most useful thing on the planet! 

When I was syncing all the clips though I came across something strange. In scene 38 when your meeting with Lilia next to that tree there's about 7 seconds more duologue then there's supposed to. Essentially there's 7 seconds more Japanese voice then there is English in this scene and I'm wondering if the translation is just super summarized or if the guy doing the speech translation missed the last 7 seconds.

If someone here who knows Japanese can you go over these 7 seconds and tell me if there part of the already translated script or are they something the translator forgot?
Here's the translation for the scene...
Quote38. Plain - Meeting with Lilia
Lilia:     "Adol!  My wish finally came true.  I hoped that if I waited under
           this tree, you'd come to see me....  I came here every day, believing
           it would happen.  I don't mean to hold you up.  As long as you're
           well, that's all I care about."
and here is the last 7 seconds as a MP3...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/47184537/Lilia.zip

SamIAm

Indeed, the clip you posted corresponds to the line "I don't mean to hold you up.  As long as you're well, that's all I care about."

Nothing is missing.

ParanoiaDragon

I'm glad you like my wife!......Ok, that sounds wrong :D  Anyways, how about you just slow down Lilia's voice so that it measures up to the 7 seconds?  Kidding.  I wonder if the scene can be hacked to shorten it perhaps? :-k
IMG

Burnt Lasagna

Quote from: SamIAm on 01/21/2012, 02:43 PMNothing is missing.
Well...dang it.
This makes more worried that there's more scene's like this, in which case we would have to just make up something to say to fill in the remaining time.
I'll figure something out, let's hope these scenes are not to prevalent.
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/21/2012, 03:40 PMI wonder if the scene can be hacked to shorten it perhaps? :-k
I would imagine this being very difficult and I wouldn't know how to go about doing this.
Its probably better off padding the remaining 7secs with something along the lines of "do be very careful" or "do try to be safe on your journey though".

ParanoiaDragon

Quote from: Burnt Lasagna on 01/21/2012, 04:01 PM
Quote from: SamIAm on 01/21/2012, 02:43 PMNothing is missing.
Well...dang it.
This makes more worried that there's more scene's like this, in which case we would have to just make up something to say to fill in the remaining time.
I'll figure something out, let's hope these scenes are not to prevalent.
Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/21/2012, 03:40 PMI wonder if the scene can be hacked to shorten it perhaps? :-k
I would imagine this being very difficult and I wouldn't know how to go about doing this.
Its probably better off padding the remaining 7secs with something along the lines of "do be very careful" or "do try to be safe on your journey though".
I was thinking of filling it with lot's of grunts & groan's but, you're idea sounds more down to earth I guess.
IMG