@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

EspGaluda II JPN Xbox 360 will be region free.. well sorta

Started by Digi.k, 02/15/2010, 01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digi.k

Cave will be bringing this arcade bullet hell shooter in Limited Edition and Standard Edition. For those players living outside Japan, which should they buy?

"The Limited Edition of EspGaluda II will be region-locked to Japan because we didn't have enough time to get the application in before pressing," says Cave producer Makoto Asada. "However, we were able to make the standard edition region-free in to show our appreciation for the support we have from overseas fans."

So to review: If you do not have a Japanese Xbox 360 and want to play EspGaluda II, then get the Standard Edition. If you do have a Japanese Xbox 360, get whichever edition you like.

http://kotaku.com/5471899/if-you-want-to-play-espgaluda-ii-read-this-post

trailer here
EspGaluda II will be released on February 25. Bundled with a two disc soundtrack, the game will be priced at ¥7,329 (US$85). There is a limited edition bundle with a faceplate — yours for ¥9,660 ($111).

esteban

TANGENT: In other CAVE news...

Dude, did you hear that Cave will be bringing game(s) to the iPhone/iPod Touch as well?

I just think it is neat that Cave is active in such a niche market (shoot-em-ups).

IF ONLY THEY MADE OLD SKOOL SHOOT-EM-UPS (circa 1980's-1993) instead of the NOW CLICHE, NOW HACKNEYED BULLET-HELL / GIMMICK SHOOT-EM-UPS.

Please.

:)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Joe Redifer

Shooters that take up more than a quarter of the screen would be nice, too.  But what the hell do I know?  I, too, am tired of bullet hell.   I actually never cared for it to begin with.  Ikaruga was OK at first with its gimmick, but I soon grew tired...

geise

I adore the oldschool 8-bit and 16-bit shooters, but I also love a good deal of bullet hell shooters.   Mostly the Cave game ones and Ikaruka.  I don't understand why people call games like DoDonpach Daioujo or Ikaruga as having a gimmic?  I see it as different gameplay.  It makes it more challenging and engaging than just dodging/shooting.  Games like Giga Wing and Mars Matrix on the other hand are way to easy with the way the shields are used.  I understand people  being sick of bullet hell games since that seems to be the rave these days, but if that's the case than pick up Trizeal. Great game!  :D

As for the news of EspGaluda II it's nice to be able to play some more "true" shooters on the 360.  Thanks for the news Digi.k

esteban

Quote from: geise on 02/17/2010, 02:56 PMI adore the oldschool 8-bit and 16-bit shooters, but I also love a good deal of bullet hell shooters.   Mostly the Cave game ones and Ikaruka.  I don't understand why people call games like DoDonpach Daioujo or Ikaruga as having a gimmic?  I see it as different gameplay.  It makes it more challenging and engaging than just dodging/shooting.  Games like Giga Wing and Mars Matrix on the other hand are way to easy with the way the shields are used.  I understand people  being sick of bullet hell games since that seems to be the rave these days, but if that's the case than pick up Trizeal. Great game!  :D

As for the news of EspGaluda II it's nice to be able to play some more "true" shooters on the 360.  Thanks for the news Digi.k
:)  The different scoring systems/play mechanics that some games have tried... I am ALL FOR experimentation and variety, I just wish that they always included an "old skool" mode for curmudgeons like ourselves. I agree that it is too easy to throw out "gimmick" as a cheap insult :)

I haven't played Trizeal, but I should get it for Dreamcast. I fear that it will be uber-expensive. Please tell me I am mistaken.

geise

I believe you're mistaken, but there is also a ps2 port.  How it stands up to the DC I don't know.

jboypacman

I agree about the "bullet hell" and "gimmick" style of shooters(shumps)i like my stuff old school but still as much as i think the 360 is a undependable game system it is really become a niche machine with all these games like this coming out for it.

shonenx

Quote from: esteban on 02/17/2010, 04:13 PM
Quote from: geise on 02/17/2010, 02:56 PMI adore the oldschool 8-bit and 16-bit shooters, but I also love a good deal of bullet hell shooters.   Mostly the Cave game ones and Ikaruka.  I don't understand why people call games like DoDonpach Daioujo or Ikaruga as having a gimmic?  I see it as different gameplay.  It makes it more challenging and engaging than just dodging/shooting.  Games like Giga Wing and Mars Matrix on the other hand are way to easy with the way the shields are used.  I understand people  being sick of bullet hell games since that seems to be the rave these days, but if that's the case than pick up Trizeal. Great game!  :D

:)  The different scoring systems/play mechanics that some games have tried... I am ALL FOR experimentation and variety, I just wish that they always included an "old skool" mode for curmudgeons like ourselves. I agree that it is too easy to throw out "gimmick" as a cheap insult :)

I haven't played Trizeal, but I should get it for Dreamcast. I fear that it will be uber-expensive. Please tell me I am mistaken.
Nothing ever gonna beat Ol skool thats why we love it but these games are not " gimmicky " the each have a style of play and Ikaruga is a stand alone style original is not gimmick. Was the Holy Ys Book 1 an 2 Gimmicky when we all ran headfirst in to our first enemy to kill them instead of swinging a sword? cameras on consoles is a gimmick not a specific or  altered style of gameplay. I love my old school SHUMPS to death but i love the rush i get off dodging a bullet frenzy with out bombs its fun to push ur self like playing Gears o war 2 horde mode on nightmare difficulty by yo self (in the dark).

Also ive learned all the dreamcast shooters are easier to find or Download of PS2 so much for dreamcast being the "shooter" console( I for one was shocked but happy to save dough)
You're Already Dead !!!

esteban

Quote from: shonenx on 02/18/2010, 10:33 PM
Quote:)  The different scoring systems/play mechanics that some games have tried... I am ALL FOR experimentation and variety, I just wish that they always included an "old skool" mode for curmudgeons like ourselves. I agree that it is too easy to throw out "gimmick" as a cheap insult :)
Nothing ever gonna beat Ol skool thats why we love it but these games are not " gimmicky " the each have a style of play and Ikaruga is a stand alone style original is not gimmick. Was the Holy Ys Book 1 an 2 Gimmicky when we all ran headfirst in to our first enemy to kill them instead of swinging a sword? cameras on consoles is a gimmick not a specific or  altered style of gameplay. I love my old school SHUMPS to death but i love the rush i get off dodging a bullet frenzy with out bombs its fun to push ur self like playing Gears o war 2 horde mode on nightmare difficulty by yo self (in the dark).
Yes, I agree. As I said, it is too easy throw out the term "gimmick" as a cheap insult. So I won't.

I just wish there was more variety in the shoot-em-up genre. Back in the day, bullet-hell was a refreshing new play mechanic for shoot-em-ups. It breathed life into the genre.

But bullet-hell has been the convention for quite a long time now, and I wish we would see something *brand new* or some *revisits* to the past (updated, of course, in refreshing new ways).

For example, where is my GYRUSS 2010? I would love at least two modes of play: (1) the old game, refreshed with pretty graphics, and (2) a re-inventing of Gyruss that goes somewhere new... (I don't know, but I am trying to figure out how Gyruss + vertical scrolling shooter could be hybridized. Perhaps that isn't possible, but I still want Gyruss to be re-invented).

Anyway. :)

shonenx

Totaly well said Esteban !!! =D>  By the way shooting love Trizeal can be found for ps2 cheper than Dreamcast or at snesorama forum for Download
You're Already Dead !!!