The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akamichi

Never really got into Guilty Gear, but Fist of the North Star is pretty cool.  The fighting system is a little too complicated for my tastes, but I like to watch people battle it out in order to connect with their super finisher combo. :)

Lately I've been playing through Cosmic Fantasy 2 but right before that I managed to beat Spriggan Mark 2.  Spriggan mk2 has a lot of dialogue in it.  A lot more than most (all?) shooters.  It's not that hard on the normal setting but some parts can get tough.  Pretty good game overall.

cavein2000

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"I think it was Final Fight Revenge. Either that or it was Capcom's final Saturn release.

How is final fight revenge?  Also, is there a way to get this game for less than $100?  On the japanese video game websites and ebay it seems to be up there in price.  Is this because only limited quantities were produced?
What a horrible night to have a curse...

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: "cavein2000"
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"I think it was Final Fight Revenge. Either that or it was Capcom's final Saturn release.

How is final fight revenge?  Also, is there a way to get this game for less than $100?  On the japanese video game websites and ebay it seems to be up there in price.  Is this because only limited quantities were produced?

The masses bad mouth it, but I personally like it as cheesy as it looks. May be a SFEX clone but still has the elements of a FF game, such as using weapons, and the super moves look pretty funny. When a super move involves broken bones, it'll randomly flash cool looking X-Ray pictures of bone fractures.

I haven't paid attention to the value of it much though. I got mine for 30 dollars from a anime convention 4 years ago.

Digi.k

I would really love to buy Final Fight Revenge but it looks like it lack a bit of "meat" in the game......   maybe one day I'll get lucky and snap it up if I see it cheap...

Right now Playing Grandia on the Saturn... I'm still impress with this even by todays 3D standards..

TR0N

PS2
MGS3 Subsistence btw any body played this online yet?

GC
MegaMan X collection

Famicom
Castlevania

I finsh RE4 last month what a ride 8)
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

rolins

Quote from: "Tron"PS2

I just bought my copy 3 weeks ago and can't seem to put down. I think the game far surpasses the previous installments, including RE2 which used to be my favorite.

Tron, how much have you completed?
I already beaten normal, professional, and separate ways. I've moved on to Assignment Ada but it's tearing me apart.

Mike "Yeah! Got them scumbags."

Keranu

I'm practicing for these nerdy small tournaments me, my bros, cousin, and other people hold, so the following games so far:

Barker Bill's Shooting
Cobra Triangle
Fighter's Megamix
Road Rash II
Shadow Blasters
Soldier Blade 2 minute mode
Sonic 3 (maybe)
Space Harrier via Shenmue
Super Street Fighter 2
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

TR0N

Quote from: "rolins"
Quote from: "Tron"PS2

I just bought my copy 3 weeks ago and can't seem to put down. I think the game far surpasses the previous installments, including RE2 which used to be my favorite.

Tron, how much have you completed?
I already beaten normal, professional, and separate ways. I've moved on to Assignment Ada but it's tearing me apart.

Mike "Yeah! Got them scumbags."
Just normal i've tried mercs mode but man is it frustrating :evil:

I need to to try finsh assignment ada still.

Capcom realy out did them self's on, RE4 i... hope they can do it again on RE5.
IMG

rolins

RE4 Update: just finished Assignment Ada. Overall is a very short run and really hard to adjust not being able to use a knife. Moved on to Merc mode.

PCEngineHell

I have been playing F.E.A.R. and Bet On Soldier alot.

I picked up alot of pc games the other day I originally missed out on,like American Mcgees Scrapland. Im sure it will be great considering his Alice game rocked.

I still need to sit and play Shadow of Destiny for PC.

Seldane

I got a bunch of games today so I've been playing them.

Dragon Slayer IV: Draslefamily (FC) - Not played it today but I've played it a thousand times before. Pretty boring game in my opinion.

Brandish (SFC) - I already had it (both the SFC and the SNES versions) but this was in better condition (new, in fact) than my current copy, so I replaced it with this one. This is the best game ever, by the way.

Dragon Slayer VI: The Legend of Heroes II (SFC) - Pretty dull game, but it's a Falcom game, and the SFC port is a thousand times better than any other version of it.

Mystic Ark (SFC) - Terrible game. Just terrible. I'll sell this one as fast as I can! :P

Star Soldier (FC) - Not tested it yet but I know this game rules. My favorite FC shooter. Definitely.

I also got Super Mario Land 2 for Game Boy, but I forgot to include that in the picture. :P  That game rules. Incredible platformer!

IMG
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

esteban

^ oh man, you got a box and manual for Star Soldier? I just have a loose cart. Great game, though. :)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Seldane

Sure do, and the manual is the oddest thing I've ever seen! It's not a booklet, but a foldout!
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

rolins

Quote from: "Seldane"Sure do, and the manual is the oddest thing I've ever seen! It's not a booklet, but a foldout!

Not as bizarre as getting two separate pieces of paper folded in half and calling that a manual. My manual of Guardic for the MSX came this way, and this coming from japan where I expect it to be bounded together with at least staples.

Ninja Spirit

Fighting Street/Street Fighter 1's manual is a foldout also.

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: "Seldane"Dragon Slayer IV: Draslefamily (FC)

aka "Legacy of the Wizard"

Yeah i couldn't get into that.
---------------------

Last Saturday was a blast another great day for fighting gaming. some friends and I drove 2 hours to another vs. fighter tournament. Unfortunately since it was a "team tournament" for Guilty Gear XX Slash and SF3 3rd Strike, and there was only 3 of us, I bit the bullet and let them go. I wanted to see them go through the fire of being challenged by out of towners to sharpen their skills up anyway.

The highlight of my day though was after 6 months of drooling over the videos I finally got to play the new Hokuto no Ken/Fist of the North Star fighter. It was weird at first because I caught myself pressing three buttons simultaneously to "roman cancel" special moves just because it was Arc Systems and moved just like Guilty Gear. Lots of people whored out Juda, Rei, and Raoh.

Speaking of Arc Systems, there's a rumor going around that AS and Taito are in a joint project to bring out another fighter.

Seldane

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
Quote from: "Seldane"Dragon Slayer IV: Draslefamily (FC)

aka "Legacy of the Wizard"

Yeah that's what I meant with "I've played it a thousand times before." I could never get into that either. Pretty boring game. Love it for some reason though.
IMG

Keranu

I really want to try beating Legacy of the Wizard, but I can't figure out what the hell to do in that game. It seems pretty cool with the different characters and all.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

GUTS

Good luck without a walkthrough Keranu, that game is legendary for being ultimate retardedly hard.  Even with a walkthrough it's still nearly impossible, I hate that stupid game.

Keranu

Last time I played it, I used the monster dude and it seemed like I couldn't loose any life as him, unlike when I use someone else. It's just that I have no idea where to go in the game or what to do.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

I just got back from the arcade earlier, and it has been the saddest day ever.

King of Fighters XI has been taken from us due to the manager's favorite excuse: it's not making enough money  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

TR0N

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"I just got back from the arcade earlier, and it has been the saddest day ever.

King of Fighters XI has been taken from us due to the manager's favorite excuse: it's not making enough money  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Sorry to hear that then again, SNKP never get's the respect in the U.S  :twisted:

Heck i don't bother with.. arcades any more for fighters any more i just wait for the port.
IMG

Keranu

That's the most bogus thing I have ever heard.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"I just got back from the arcade earlier, and it has been the saddest day ever.

Btw ever think to import the PS2 version in june  :wink:

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-40-77-1-49-en-15-King%2Bof%2BFighters-70-1a3v.html
IMG

rolins

PS2
ESPGaluda
DoDonPachi: Dai Ou Jou

ESPGaluda and DDP: DOJ, both are vertical shooters from Cave. These two games I'm completely addicted to. Ever since I started playing them two weeks ago, all other games I've been playing has been put on hold.

Saturn
Strikers 1945 II

I just purchased a modded Saturn for $52 about 1 month ago. It only plays U.S and backups, and I bought it cheap because there's no CD lid. I don't mind though because I already ordered a replacement shell, it's in the mail. This is my first Saturn console and I'm having a blast playing Strikers 1945 II (on CD-R).

PC-Engine
Kyuukyoku Tiger

I've been trying to beat Kyuukyoku Tiger for a few months now. I know I'm close to beating it, I'm just stuck on stage 8. I don't know if I will finish it anytime soon since I'm preoccupied with playing ps2 games.

akamichi

I've been addicted to New Super Mario Bros. for the last 5 days.  Fun game!

Keranu

My bro bought New Super Mario Bros. as well recently, it's definitely a really fun game from what I have played!
IMG

TJ

New Super Mario is in my current playlist as well. It's pretty cool.

I'm also in the middle of God of War -- I kinda sit down every few weeks and play through a few levels and then drop it again. Not in a huge hurry to finish it.

Last night I finally decided to make an honest effort at playing Earthbound on SNES. I've had it forever, and started it a million times, but always dropped it. This time I'm going all the way! :P

PC Gaijin

Still plugging away at Dragon Quest VIII now and then. Pretty and a wonderful localization, but the utterly archaic game mechanics are beginning to grate. Also been playing Morrowind a bit (still love the game after all these years). Finally, I finished up MechAssault 2 on Xbox. What a worthless way to use the property. Hello FASA, when people buy a mech game it's usually because they want to actually pilot a mech, not sneak around on foot planting  explosive charges, piloting VTOLs, manning a stationary gun, etc. Bring back MechWarrior!

anime5ever

just bet ape escape 3! and now playing dragon quest slime no mori mori 2

TR0N

GC
RE4

Just gota get more stuff unlock on it.
IMG

TJ

Am currently right smack in the middle of Earthbound and have dropped all other games for right now -- haven't touched God of War or New SMB for weeks!

Funny how -- and I'm sure this happens to you guys too -- sometimes I look at my game collection and think of those games on the "rainy day pile" (most of which are RPGs), and I think "eh, I bet I'm never REALLY gonna get around to playing any of 'em, much as I'd like to." And then, one day, I actually do pick one up and get into it -- and here I am playing nothing but my Super NES for the last two weeks and loving it. And then I kick myself for never having played this game that's been sitting in my collection for the past 10 years because it's great! Then when I'm done, I feel just a little bit more "caught up" on my gaming life than I was before.

...or is it just me?  :wink:

Plus, now that I'm all up on my SNES right now, I'm starting to wish I'd bought some of those cool wireless SNES controllers from Messiah at the MGC show. :P

TR0N

Quote from: "TJ"Plus, now that I'm all up on my SNES right now, I'm starting to wish I'd bought some of those cool wireless SNES controllers from Messiah at the MGC show. :P
You can all ways buy from there site http://www.playmessiah.com That's if they have any thing left.
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Speaking of Messiah, I tried out that Generation NEX at a Gamecrazy.

Now y'all have heard it from me:

>Akumajou Densetsu/Castlevania 3 doesn't work.

>Other wise it does support the custom Famicom sound mappers. I played my copy of Lagrange Point, and I can hear that VRC7 generated music.

Which leaves me to this conclusion, I'll think about buying just so I can play more Lagrange Point, I found a throrough walkthrough in Japanese, but I can use World Lingo to translate the page, I think I can do pretty well with the Engrish, I already know what the menus say since I got a notebook where I actually translated that stuff.

TR0N

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Which leaves me to this conclusion, I'll think about buying just so I can play more Lagrange Point, I found a throrough walkthrough in Japanese, but I can use World Lingo to translate the page, I think I can do pretty well with the Engrish, I already know what the menus say since I got a notebook where I actually translated that stuff.
Realy i'd kill for a walk through of that,but i have yet to see any one make one :cry:
IMG

TJ

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"I'll think about buying just so I can play more Lagrange Point...

If you're only getting it for a Famicom game, can't you just get a Famicom for about the same price? I haven't priced them lately but I would think you could get one for $60 or less, and not have any problems at all. Just a thought. :)

TJ

Quote from: "Tron"
Quote from: "TJ"Plus, now that I'm all up on my SNES right now, I'm starting to wish I'd bought some of those cool wireless SNES controllers from Messiah at the MGC show. :P
You can all ways buy from there site http://www.playmessiah.com That's if they have any thing left.

Well yeah of course, but they were only $40 at the show instead of the regular price of $60  :roll:

Ninja Spirit

Well don't AV and Twin Famicoms usually go for three figures or just a ebay driven exaggeration?

TJ

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Well don't AV and Twin Famicoms usually go for three figures or just a ebay driven exaggeration?

Oh -- well, if you're looking for an AV, then possibly. A Twin will most likely be a hundred or more. But if you'll settle for a regular ol' RF Famicom, I think you could get one for 60 or less...then again I haven't priced them lately, I got mine 10 years ago so I'm probably way out of the loop and I shouldn't even be talking out loud. :P

Speaking of Famicom stuff, does ANYBODY know how to fix a Famicom Disk System? Mine's got a new belt in it, but it has a timing error so it still doesn't work.

rolins

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Well don't AV and Twin Famicoms usually go for three figures or just a ebay driven exaggeration?

An unboxed AV can be bought for at least $90, thats the lowest I've ever seen them on ebay. The Twin FC, unboxed or complete, are always around $120+ and the price also depends not only on its condition, but its color too.

Ninja Spirit

I'd take a RF Famicom.....

If it was composite modded.

TR0N

Quote from: "TJ"
Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"Speaking of Famicom stuff, does ANYBODY know how to fix a Famicom Disk System? Mine's got a new belt in it, but it has a timing error so it still doesn't work.
If i knew electronics i tell ya  :oops:

My advice just.. sell it to some body that wants to mess with it.

Then find another that works there not that rare.

Btw been playing, Gauntlet Dark Legacy on the GC again.

Every once in a while i'm in the mood for a hack'n'slash game.
IMG

rolins

Saturn:

Policenauts - Manage to finish the game for the second time. The first was on the PS1. Just wish I have a light gun for the Act 7. The lobby scene gets crazy, so many damn guards shooting me at once. Gets really fustrating to aim with a d-pad.

Salamander Deluxe - Only for the original Salamander. Haven't put much time into Lifeforce, maybe sometime later. Salamander 2 is quite lame, way to easy and the gameplay falls short.

NEC PC-88:

Psy-O-Blade - A digital comic game. Everything is in japanese and I can barely piece together the story plot, but that's not stopping me. I continue to play because I just love listening to it's music. Anyone know about this game, and like to fill me in on the story?

esteban

Quote from: "rolins"NEC PC-88:

Psy-O-Blade - A digital comic game. Everything is in japanese and I can barely piece together the story plot, but that's not stopping me. I continue to play because I just love listening to it's music. Anyone know about this game, and like to fill me in on the story?
The folks at Tokugawa will be your best bet, I think. ;)

But there are a bunch of new folks here now, so maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised with some additional PC-88-98 fans on these boards...
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

rolins

Quote from: "stevek666"
Quote from: "rolins"NEC PC-88:

The folks at Tokugawa will be your best bet, I think. ;)

But there are a bunch of new folks here now, so maybe we'll be pleasantly surprised with some additional PC-88-98 fans on these boards...

I probably should post at Tokugawa, huh? It's been a while since the last time I visited.

Beside Steve666 and Kaminari, who else here is into PC88/98 games?

Keranu

I'm sort of into PC-88/98, I just wish I had a real one so I didn't have to use emulators. Keranu no like computer emulators.
IMG

Seldane

Quote from: "rolins"Beside Steve666 and Kaminari, who else here is into PC88/98 games?

I am. I love PC-8801, PC-9801, FM-7, FM-77, FM-77AV, X-1, X68000, MSX and MSX2.  :wink:
IMG

rolins

Quote from: "Keranu"I'm sort of into PC-88/98, I just wish I had a real one so I didn't have to use emulators. Keranu no like computer emulators.

I want one too, but I'm actually more satisfied with the emulators for once. And I don't think I can invest in anymore systems. Between the my MSX and PCE, I'm going broke.

Quote from: "Seldane"I am. I love PC-8801, PC-9801, FM-7, FM-77, FM-77AV, X-1, X68000, MSX and MSX2.  :wink:

Yay, another fan of PC-88/98, X68000, and MSX. :)

I've yet to try out the Fujitsu FM games, but I want to someday just to play Laydock and Rayxanber.

Keranu

Any Apple ][ fans here besides me and Steve? :D
IMG

GohanX

I was really bored at work today, and I happend to have the Turbo Express there since I was playing it on my lunch break.  Well, the boss wasn't around, we were absolutely dead, so I pulled it out and played some Shinobi and Blazing Lazers.  Good stuff, but I kept dying in BL since I was looking up to see if anyone was coming.