Your Daily Dose of Gaming.

Started by Ninja Spirit, 07/15/2005, 01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldRover

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/18/2007, 12:17 AMAlso, for some reason I often lose control of my character while they do some weird pose (not stunned).  It is at that time my ass gets beaten.  Is there a way to turn off the poses?
That would be the POW charge pose (not sure what it's "really" called) and you're not the first person to complain about it. I believe they removed this little "feature" in later SS games for that very reason. As if we couldn't tell from the flashing "POW!" on the bottom of the screen that the bar's full! And there's no way to turn it off.

If you hate the game so much, sell it to me. I don't even have a machine yet but I'd rather own a copy of the game then to see it blown up for YouTube mindless monkey entertainment. [-X
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Seldane

Quote from: MrFulci on 06/17/2007, 08:33 PM- Capcom makes the best video game fighters ever.
- I disagree, it's a very good company, but I think SNK makes the best fighters ever.
- SNK sucks.
- You know something? YOU SUCK!
hahaha, so many ways that can be altered for this, and other arguments!
I need to watch that movie again, sometime soon....
HA HA HA! EXCELLENT! I had never thought of the idea of modifying that quote. That was very funny. :) I actually planned on re-watching it (for like the 20th time) a couple of days ago. :P

I have been playing Brandish 2 SNES at last (I've played it many times before, but never the SNES version). GREAT game, but not as good as Brandish 3. :)
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG
Indeed, it's AV time. Check out: IMG! Sir, the door was open.

MrFulci

Seld... FM-77,

That last post of mine sums up the last 2 dozen posts or so.

It's a bit like "cliff-notes".

Certain conversations of, "this is better than that", bring that quote, and a lot of laughter to me.

Gaming... I haven't done any in the past 2 days, however I did play about 2 hours of Magical Drop 2 on Friday. I used about 30 credits on the final opponent before I decided to stop. I'll return to it at a lower difficulty so I can get past the last opponent and see the ending, hah.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Joe Redifer

Quote from: OldRoverIf you hate the game so much, sell it to me. I don't even have a machine yet but I'd rather own a copy of the game then to see it blown up for YouTube mindless monkey entertainment. [-X
Hey now, I said it might have worth as a two player game!  I can't wait to pose with my friends.  I will strike the better pose.  It's on!
Quote from: MikeTake a pic of your cracked stick. I really wanna see that.
IMG

It looks like a hairline crack and pretty much feels like one, however yesterday it was a full-fledged bump that I had to push back into place.  Curiously my knob doesn't have any cracks.  No hammers were involved.  Just mashing many buttons, HARD.

NecroPhile

Holy Jebus, Joe!  I've sent a few Turbo controllers to an early grave with a cracked board by flexing the controller with aggressive button crushing, but never a NeoGeo stick.  They're usually pretty durable, but I guess it's better to take the frustration out on the stick rather than kickin' your dog (or wife, cat, kids, whatever). 
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Seldane

I dunno, dogs are free. :wink: :wink: Or at least they can be. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Quote from: Seldane on 04/21/2007, 07:28 PMDVDs are for suckers. Illegally pirated and stolen videos all the way. No menus. No "DO NOT PIRATE THIS!" screens. No fuss. Only perfection. I honestly only pirate movies because that "don't pirate this" screen annoys me. :wink:
IMG

Ninja Spirit

Heh my Duo-R controller still has some bent edge scars from my struggle with Bloody Wolf final boss.

PCEngineHell

Jeez,thats bad,it looks like  a massive scratch,but I mean,if you got a crack like that then I feel bad for you. I have never seen that happen before,and these things have even put up with the abuse of my kids.

Turbo D

Quote from: Tone on 06/18/2007, 02:11 PMHeh my Duo-R controller still has some bent edge scars from my struggle with Bloody Wolf final boss.
Ya, that boss was a real pain in the ass!

Quote from: PCEngineHell on 06/18/2007, 07:18 PMJeez,thats bad,it looks like  a massive scratch,but I mean,if you got a crack like that then I feel bad for you. I have never seen that happen before,and these things have even put up with the abuse of my kids.
Haha, That dude has some strong hands or something.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

I'd like to see someone try busting the Sega Arcade Stick for the Genesis.  Toughest sticks I have ever used, and quite weighty!

Turbo D

Seriously, that Sega stick is built like a tank!
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

termis

Talking about sturdy looking joysticks, how about these bad boys?

The Virtua Stick Pro for the Saturn
IMG

IMG

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: turbo D on 06/18/2007, 07:21 PMHaha, That dude has some strong hands or something.
When you spend half the day whacking the monkey...well, nvm...
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

TJ

Quote from: thumpin_termis on 06/18/2007, 07:44 PMTalking about sturdy looking joysticks, how about these bad boys?

The Virtua Stick Pro for the Saturn
:shock: Holy F**K that is a thing of beauty.

I totally have a thing for arcade sticks for home consoles. I grew up playing games in the '80s man, during the golden age of arcades and Atari -- I'm a dyed-in-the-wool joystick man. I got the Advantage stick for the NES, and it wasn't until I got a Super NES that I begrudgingly started using pads (even then I got the Super Advantage, but found it a little sketchy). SNK packaging the Neo-Geo with two sticks made the ridiculous price tag of the AES worth every penny in my eyes (not that I paid that for mine, but still...the perception of value was there). The Saturn Virtua Stick from Sega and the almighty Dreamcast arcade stick from ASCII got me through countless shmups and fighters. And lately I have been lusting after a Hori Real Arcade Pro -- any version -- for the PS2.

But I've never seen that VSP for Saturn...wow! I want one!

Joe Redifer

'cept the buttons aren't labeled, which blows.  What if a game calls for you to press the green button?  Uh oh.

Kitsunexus

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/20/2007, 11:13 PM'cept the buttons aren't labeled, which blows.  What if a game calls for you to press the green button?  Uh oh.
Well I would think a stick like that has per-game instruction sheets to slide under the bezel.
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Turbo D

The buttons are the same layout as the saturn controller, I don't see how it would be hard for anyone to use  :-k
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

The Saturn has 8 buttons on the front?  Obviously two of them are L and R, but which ones?  The ones on the left?  The ones on the right?  You never know.

TR0N

NeoGeo MVS
Baseball Stars 2!
Realbout Fatal Fury

PS2
Taito Legends 2

Btw took a break from odin sphere.....
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

offsidewing

I am currently addicted to Wii Sports and Wii Play.  I've spent darn near $1000 the last couple months of Turbo stuff.  Then the wife comes home with a Wii three weeks ago and it's all we do in the evening when we don't have plans.

So addicting.  Still trying for a 300 game on Wii bowling.  So... Close...

terrormask

Today I've been very busy working. I did get to play a little bit of Quake earlier though.

PCEngineHell

Beat Ninja Gaiden arcade game,was expecting a harder last boss. He never hit me once,with fire or otherwise. MVS carts I have been playing:
King of Fighters 97 with Fatal Fury team,tried to beat Rage of the Dragons,gave up on last boss for now,and a bit of Blazing Star here and there on my 2-Slot.

NecroPhile

I've been playing Gotzendiener, or at least trying to play it.  Can anybody explain what I need to do on the third level?  Well, I think it's the third level (it's my first time out of the castle and into some caves, tunnels, or whatever ya want to call 'em).  I keep wandering around and around, but I can't find any puzzles to solve.  ](*,)

MrFulci

This week:

- Road Rash 3, Sega Genesis - I'm about halfway through level 2, and I have the "middle" bike, with all upgrades. I plan to continue racing tracks I've already qualified on, to build $, so ic an buy one of the super bikes, purchase all the upgrades for that, then go to level 3. Whiel in level, I'll continue racing the same tracks over and over to build $, then buy the #1 bike and cruise through the last 2 levels with that..... That's the plan, for when I return.

- Samurai Shodown 4, Neo Geo MVS - I just had to figure out the blood spray, when it sprays onto your character. It took about an hour and a half, however I figured out how to perform the blood spray on 2 opponents, to where I could finish them with a blood spray round after round! Pretty awesome. Seems to involve finishing the opponent with a strong slash, one opponent I could do it by being right next to them, jumping, then as I land strong slashing while their health was in the red (mine also). The 2nd opponent I figured this out with, was Tam-Tam (I forget the other opponent's name), While both our health was in the red, I would get next to him, where I was standing against him, then while standing still, strong slash. This worked most of the time, other times it would slice Tam-Tam in half.

It would not have consumed so much time had I just played dummy opponents from the start. For 30-45 min I attemtped to do this while in game, then I loaded in the 2nd controller and started playing dummy opponents so I coudl figure what did what, when.
"Damnit, Beavis, put that away. You're not supposed to have your _____ out when you're cooking".

Seldane

I've been playing a lot of Halo 2 Vista lately... on XP. Fuck you Microsoft, fuck you! Nerd hackers 1, Micro-penis-soft 0. :D

This game is so incredibly good I cannot possibly put it in words. It even outbeats Halo 1, and that's NOT a small feat! I'm shocked by the sheer perfection of this fantastic game. Incredible. Everybody who hasn't played it yet: DO IT NOW! :shock:

I cannot imagine how good Halo 3 will be. It's going to be the final game in the series, and I assume they made that decision simply because they couldn't possibly improve the next game in any way possible, as Halo 3 will be the first and only perfect game.
IMG

Turbo D

wow, cool dude. Can you go on live with the xp version?
IMG IMG
IMG

Seldane

No idea. I've never played anything online. By the way, it's no "XP" version, it's just the standard Vista-only game, but with a small and highly unofficial hack (100kB) you can play it on XP with a 40-50% (at least) performance increase. It barely ran on my computer when I played it under Vista, but on XP it performs SMOOOTHLY on max settings. Man Vista blows. :)

Go here for info: http://halo2xp.tk/
IMG

Turbo D

IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

NeoGeo MVS
BBS2
RB FF

Wii/GC
Midway Arcade Treasure vol 1&2

Pick up vol1 a while ago since i had 2&3 for my GC all ready.
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Seldane on 07/07/2007, 06:00 PMI've been playing a lot of Halo 2 Vista lately... on XP. Fuck you Microsoft, fuck you! Nerd hackers 1, Micro-penis-soft 0. :D

This game is so incredibly good I cannot possibly put it in words. It even outbeats Halo 1, and that's NOT a small feat! I'm shocked by the sheer perfection of this fantastic game. Incredible. Everybody who hasn't played it yet: DO IT NOW! :shock:

I cannot imagine how good Halo 3 will be. It's going to be the final game in the series, and I assume they made that decision simply because they couldn't possibly improve the next game in any way possible, as Halo 3 will be the first and only perfect game.
I love Halo 2 multiplayer, but don't like the campaign or Halo 1.

The Halo 3 beta was fun. I can't wait to fully customize games and record the results. :)
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

termis

FINALLY finished with my GMATs.  Thank fucking goodness!  Time for some video gaming!  I hardly touched video games for the past two months or so.

- Sapphire.  Wow, what the PCE was capable of... (I can't believe games like Wonder Momo is for the same system!)  Maybe I'm a shooter wimp, but I don't get it when people say this is an easy shooter.

- Valis I for PCE.  I quite like it!  Simple but fun.

- Galaga 88.  I quite like it!  Even more simple but fun.

Joe Redifer

Just finished with the Ace Combat 6 demo for the Xbox 360.  I quite like it!  It's the first 360 game I am actually looking forward to... ever!

Turbo D

I know you don't like fps, but have you played quake 4 on it. I have  the pc version, its pretty cool.
IMG IMG
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: thumpin_termis on 07/12/2007, 02:31 AM- Sapphire.  Wow, what the PCE was capable of... (I can't believe games like Wonder Momo is for the same system!)  Maybe I'm a shooter wimp, but I don't get it when people say this is an easy shooter.
If ya set, Sapphire to easy it is while playing on normal and such is more of a challenge.

Easy gives ya the most continues while on normal it's less.
IMG

MrFulci

I've been mixing it up this week.

Neo Geo:

- Samurai Shodown - I played this through to completion, 32 continues.

Sega Genesis:

- Road Rash 3 - Still messing with level 4, I have 2 tracks to qualify on. So much shit in the road. I need to be, "in the zone" to get into these later levels and qualify.

- Road Rash 2 - I started playing this week, I'm on level 2, trying different bikes. I'm going to cruise around level 2 for a while, try different bikes, build $, etc.

Road Rash games are nice to play here and there. With the passwords, I can play a few tracks here and there, take a break, come back to it later.

The PC Engine hasn't had mcuh use lately, though I'll return to it soon for "Efera & Jilioria".

nat

Today was a TurboGrafx exclusive!

* The arcade classic Vigilante!
* Forgotten Worlds, another arcade wonder!
* Followed up with a little R-Type (CD version)...
* Then proceeded to make some progress in Shape Shifter (I'm liking this game, despite others' misgivings)
* Finished off with a round of Devil's Crush. I haven't played this game in FOREVER. One of my biggest peeves with Alien and Devil is that the high score table isn't saved. So I decided to do a test with Devil's Crush since I've never used the save state feature before (who saves a game of pinball?). Lo and behold, if you save your game the high score table is saved a well! Killer! Now if there was only a way to save in Alien Crush...
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Keranu

I thought the high scores in Devil's Crush automatically saved regardless if you used the save state feature or not.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Ninja Spirit

Took a stroll through Goodwill and bought a awesome Genesis shooter

That would be VAPOR TRAIL. Played nothing but hard mode.

nat

Quote from: Keranu on 07/14/2007, 06:29 PMI thought the high scores in Devil's Crush automatically saved regardless if you used the save state feature or not.
No, they get reset every time you power off.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Turbo D

I think you can get the password, just pause and press select or something.
IMG IMG
IMG

Joe Redifer

Never turn your Turbo off.  The high scores will always remain, even for Alien Crush!

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/14/2007, 08:35 PMNever turn your Turbo off.  The high scores will always remain, even for Alien Crush!
That makes it a little difficult to play any other game though.  Just scribble your high scores on the wall - it's what all the cool people do.  :wink:

Joe Redifer

So?  If you want to play another game, just buy another Turbo.  Duh.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 07/15/2007, 08:19 PMSo?  If you want to play another game, just buy another Turbo.  Duh.
Damn, what was I thinking?  That's me, I guess; always trying to take the easy way out.  [-(

MrFulci

Nothing much the past 5-7 days, though in the time since I last posted in this thread:

Sega Genesis:

- Road Rash 3 - Only have to complete the Kenya track on level 5. That track sucks. I've gone this far through the game without cheating, hwoever due to this track beign pretty awful (Many curves,a nd crap int he road), I may summon the game genie so I can see the ending.

- Road Rash 2 - I'm nearly complete with level 3. I'm racing and gathering funds to buy the Diablo.

PS1:

- Road Rash - Same deal as Road Rash 2 for the Genesis.

MVS:

- Random Samurai Shodown games here and there. When SS 5 (Zero) arrived yesterday, I played that for about 10 minutes to see how it differed from SS5 Special.

esteban

Cellular Gaming at its Finest (I have some Verizon phone that is at least a year old).

I finally passed the ice level (8 miles left) in Bonk's Return! I had known what I needed to do for... months? I just didn't have any desire to waste my time with performing a pixel perfect "medium" jump with shoddy cell phone buttons.

Well, that's how I felt until Wednesday of this past week, that is, when I had some free time on the train (I forgot to bring a book) and found salvation in my cell phone.

Anyway, now I'm at the final stage (thankfully, the subsequent 7 stages didn't have any stupid parts like the ice level... although there were some annoying moments due to the horrible controls).

This last level is proving to be quite a pain in the ass. We'll see what happens...

Neo Gradius. I paid friggin' $8 for this shite on thursday (or friday) this past week. Holy crap, I think I'm going to request a refund. It's a horrible mess, and I should have known better. The controls are horrendous: often, I push a button to move in the corresponding direction and nothing happens! So, I try again. No response. Holy crap, I'm gonna die. Crap!

There are "score attack" modes and they are pretty kool (you unlock new weapons!).

I have enjoyed the game, when the controls are working, and if this was $3-4 I wouldn't be complaining. But $8 for this? Ouch.

I'm a sucker, apparently.

Scrabble Blast -- continues to provide fun, which is pretty impressive because I've had this game for almost a year? I actually bought the GBA version more than a year ago but I haven't opened it yet. Anyway, I'm enjoying the "One Bag" mode because I've rarely played it and I'm sick of the other modes.

Might & Magic -- I think I'm pretty far in this game. It has actually been quite enjoyable... but I'm sorta stuck now and I haven't figured out what I need to do next. I'll eventually get back to it. One thing that annoyed me: whilst playing, I flipped the lid of my phone closed, which usually  turns the game off. For some reason, the game remained active and I lost a life. WTF?
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

PS2
Odin Sphere:Started playing it again and about done on it too  #-o

Famicom
Splatterhouse Wanpaku Grafitti

PCE
Bomberman 93
IMG

Kitsunexus

Metal Gear Portable Ops for PSP has been taking up most of my time, followed by Illusion Of Gaia and Gradius III on an actual S-Video SNES and Blazing Star via emulation.

I wish I could find my original Unreal Tournament disc....
Forgive me, my brain is on par with the Bubble System.
THE CHEMICAL BROTHERS RULE!

Turbo D

Illusion of gaia is one of the coolest rpgs on the snes  :D
IMG IMG
IMG