@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Region modding through the expansion port?

Started by Tupin, 04/28/2010, 06:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Is this possible? Taking something that plugs into the back  and modifying it with a switch mod to allow a system to play Japanese games when it is plugged into it? I heard that the expansion port has all of the connectors for the HuCards, but can it go this far?

SignOfZeta

IMG

masaruh

Wouldn't it be possible though to create a second Hu-card reader and insert in the expansion port, and have that wired for japanese cards? Should work... No cards in the front at the same time though :-)

It would probably be beyond a pain to construct aswell, but the theory sounds good.

kattare

I think the hardest part is gonna be coming up with parts.  You'd need an expansion port plug, NEC proprietary, so you can only get it by removing it from a turbo booster or cd-rom attachment.  Then you'd need a card slot, which you could get from a dead PC Engine or TG... but by the time you've tracked all that down, why not just use a kisado or do a permanent switch mod?

I guess it'd definitely be a cool novelty.  ;-)
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.