@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Sapphire

Started by gundarN, 05/20/2010, 05:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gundarN

Hello and sorry for not posting for ages (not played my PC Engine for a while).

I'm looking to sell my Sapphire (original, not the boot version), but I don't know its current value.
Can anyone advise?

IMG
Fake on left, original I'm selling on right.

Sorry if I am breaking any rules.

Otaking

I'm interested in buying it sending a PM  :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

gundarN

Anyone got an idea of value?
I'm sure it must have cost me about $300, but that was a while ago.
Maybe its gone up or down since then.

RoyVegas

Quote from: gundarN on 05/20/2010, 06:19 AMAnyone got an idea of value?
I'm sure it must have cost me about $300, but that was a while ago.
I would still wait for some more clarification but I'm pretty sure it's still at about that same price.
All is well. :)

henrycsc

Is it factory sealed?  Or is that just a protective cover?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

gundarN

Quote from: henrycsc on 05/20/2010, 10:44 PMIs it factory sealed?  Or is that just a protective cover?
Just a cover. I always play the games I own.
Hopefully it is now sold (pending payment).

Turbo D

Good to hear that the sale is underway: now you can tell us the market value! :)
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

sicboy057

I bought this from the sellar for $340 shipped from the UK.
Payment sent!
Looking for: Ys I&II Map | Bomberman 93 Manual | Sapphire Obi

henrycsc

sicboy, was that for a complete with spinecard?
Wanted:

gundarN

Quote from: henrycsc on 05/21/2010, 12:50 PMsicboy, was that for a complete with spinecard?
Yeah, complete with spinecard and no scratches etc.
Re-invested the money in an XRGB-3 which should make my PCE (and other retro stuff) look real nice.

henrycsc

I was just wondering if Sicboy057's Sapphire purchase included the spinecard.  I see yours does GundarN.  What's the best way to identify a legit from a fake?  I've read about the Arcade logo in the corner is different (original is darker I believe, which the photos up top confirm.)
Wanted:

nat

This page is about as good as it gets for telling the two versions apart.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

turbogrfxfan

its worth about ten bucks.  but ill buy it for 8.50
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

gundarN

Quote from: nat on 05/22/2010, 03:33 PMThis page is about as good as it gets for telling the two versions apart.
Yeah, that's the page I used before I bought mine to know what was what, but the fact the seller included the real one and a fake, I couldn't go too far wrong.

henrycsc

thanks for the link nat
Wanted:

shonenx

i would even buy the Bootleg. the fact that the bootleg is out there and well known makes it a collectable to me.
You're Already Dead !!!

henrycsc

Wanted:

nat

Or, uh, you could get one directly from the source for half the price.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

SignOfZeta

I bought one from "the source" years ago for something like $38. At that price was totally worth it, but paying $100 or whatever for a fake is just stupid.

Now he seems to be selling open ones for that price, and sealed ones for more than twice that. Whether of not 'sealed' means anything with   fucking pirate soft...is up to the buyer to decide, I guess.
IMG

gundarN

I sold my bootleg version for £30 a while back.
I thought it was a fair price, although I do feel bad about bootlegs in general.

nat

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/24/2010, 01:33 AMI bought one from "the source" years ago for something like $38. At that price was totally worth it, but paying $100 or whatever for a fake is just stupid.
Yeah me too, it seems shortly after I got mine he jacked the price up to $65 or something, which I thought was ridiculous. Now it's $100 which is insane. However, the $40 for an "open" copy is a decent deal if you're just looking to play the game without spending insane amounts of cash.

shonenx

do you need the arcade cards for the bootleg and if so which one?
You're Already Dead !!!

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: shonenx on 06/01/2010, 10:22 PMdo you need the arcade cards for the bootleg and if so which one?
depends on what system
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

shonenx

i have PCE duo black i belive i need the blue duo card.
You're Already Dead !!!

nat

Either Arcade Card will work on a Duo.

gundarN

I've still not had confirmation that this was delivered...

Tatsujin

Are there two Sapphires on that pic?
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

gundarN

Quote from: Tatsujin on 06/08/2010, 08:38 AMAre there two Sapphires on that pic?
At one point I had a genuine and a bootleg copy.
Now I have none: both sold.

I should really get another boot just so I can play it now and again.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/22/2010, 03:57 PMits worth about ten bucks.  but ill buy it for 8.50
I offer $20
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

JapanTokei

Hey Henry - yea, Sapphire complete mint w/spine card, registration card, legit can be had in Japan for about $275 to $450 brand new sealed.  I've bought 2 for $275 each used.  Re-Sold it the first time (since I played it on a crappy TV, I was not impressed by it at all), but the one I bought recently, I really was blown away since my TV is upgrade and man, Sapphire's effects are ridiculous and it's a great shooter, even though I hate overhead shoot em ups!   

Best way to tell fake / non-fake is looking at the inner CD band.  IF it doesnt say HGCD, it's a fake!

Quote from: henrycsc on 05/22/2010, 06:56 PMthanks for the link nat

henrycsc

OK everybody, using the info on the page that Nat posted:
http://web.archive.org/web/20080612232612if_/www.superpcenginegrafx.com/sapcomp1.html

And buying a bootleg copy of Sapphire from this page:
wayback.ebay.hazard-city.de/sapp/xxx2.html

For comparison:
Bootleg on left, (Arcade logo is pixelated and lighter on Bootleg, Legit Arcade logo is solid)
/p7290289.jpg

Bootleg on bottom (top of kanji is more orange on bootleg, more yellow on legit)
/p7290288.jpg

Bootleg sealed (Legit spinecard blue "Arcade" is darker and solid)
/p7290287.jpg

Bootleg on bottom (see white border around screenshots on bootleg, no border on legit copy)
/p7290285.jpg

Hope these pics help you when you're trying to ID a legit copy!  These were the easiest to spot on a sealed copy (IMHO)
Wanted:

JapanTokei

nice post Henry.  Hope these helps folks to not get-ripped off. 

I've been away too long... currently in Vietnam but will be back soon from this looooong business trip.  Will be back on the boards soon upon my return :)

Opethian

Hey Tokei eat some Pho while out there!!
IMG

JapanTokei

hahhaha, I CERTAINLY did OPE!!  they even gave me some crazy stinky shrimp guts sauce that was too much for me... but great food regardless.  I can't wait to get home though so I can start playing the haul I grabbed from Tokyo....

Quote from: Opethian on 08/03/2010, 11:06 AMHey Tokei eat some Pho while out there!!

Gogan

Did I read $40 for an open bootleg? ....what's the link to find that at? Lol
Nothin beats the real thing.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gogan on 08/06/2010, 09:08 AMDid I read $40 for an open bootleg? ....what's the link to find that at? Lol
See henry's post at the top of the page.  :wink:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gogan

Am I missing something? The ebay link on henry's post has it at $100? Ill pay 40 for a boot, not a penny more

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gogan on 08/06/2010, 10:03 AMAm I missing something? The ebay link on henry's post has it at $100? Ill pay 40 for a boot, not a penny more
Both nat and henry provided links to the bootlegger's website, but here it is again: http://sapphire.anime4ever.de/

It looks like you're out of luck, though, as the price has risen a bit to $45 (including shipping).  :|

henrycsc

Yes,
You need to email Tobias if you want to get it, appears his stock is getting low.  I think he's now out of the Space Fantasy Zone and of course the Ebay prices on that are ridiculous!

Quote from: guest on 08/06/2010, 10:30 AM
Quote from: Gogan on 08/06/2010, 10:03 AMAm I missing something? The ebay link on henry's post has it at $100? Ill pay 40 for a boot, not a penny more
Both nat and henry provided links to the bootlegger's website, but here it is again: http://sapphire.anime4ever.de/

It looks like you're out of luck, though, as the price has risen a bit to $45 (including shipping).  :|
Wanted:

Gogan

Bastards!

Thanks for the link NecroPhile,

I usually look at these forums on my phone, and I cannot see links in single words, only typed-out urls. Thanks for "spelling it out" for me ;-)

Gogan

Will the bootleg copy trash my US duo like a crappy cd-r does? I think I might swing for this...

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gogan on 08/06/2010, 11:34 AMWill the bootleg copy trash my US duo like a crappy cd-r does? I think I might swing for this...
Since the Sapphire boots are commercially pressed discs (just like any other game), they won't cause any troubles;  Space Fantasy Zone is a different story, as they're CDRs.