OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

PC-505 Converter

Started by hoobs88, 07/28/2010, 08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoobs88

I was recently looking at this compatibility guide found here:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/main/nec_compatibility_guide.html

According to the guide, the PC-505 is the converter better known as the "Purple Barney".
This particular converter is not even pictured in the guide.
IMG
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

SignOfZeta

I've seen the "Barney" converter in brown, white, and purple. I've never seen that thing though. Its hard to tell from the extreme closeup, but that doesn't look like a Barney to me. The Barney has no engraved name in it. They all had a sticker that said, "Super Game Converter" or some such shit on it. Also, the brick portion of it is wider, and less square.
IMG

henrycsc

The Purple Barney is the WH-301 converter. 

Here's a brown one
IMG

Chop5 now has intimate knowledge of the innards of the Barney by opening mine and resoldering it.

I've only seen the PC-505 mentioned a couple times and that's the first actual pic I've seen of it.  Is that one yours?
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

Mathius

Two comments:

1) You're seriously not just now finding the PCEngineFX compatibility guide are you :?: :P
2) That thing is HUGE :shock:

hoobs88

Quote from: henrycsc on 07/31/2010, 02:04 AMThe Purple Barney is the WH-301 converter. 
Here's a brown one
Why would the "purple" Barney be Brown?
The PC-505 that was pictured above is mine. I haven't seen another one like it. I remember seeing that name (PC-505) on the compatibility guide but I hadn't noticed that it differed from the one that I have until someone mentioned in another thread about different converters.
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

SignOfZeta

The name "barney" is PCEFX.com vernacular. Evidently there are a lot of purple ones. All the ones I've seen in person have been brown though.
IMG

henrycsc

Here is the purple one and the brown one (open so you can see the innards)

/P5319765.jpg

/P5319767.jpg

/P5319768.jpg
Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.