Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoyVegas

Quote from: galam on 01/21/2014, 09:25 AMDont take this the wrong way, but im just curious, why would you do that?
Somebody might have been happy to pay the 945 for that lot.  I wouldnt personally, but in todays market, it wasnt a total "gouge"
Or were you actually interested in it?
There are things that I could have used in the lot.  There's been Turbo games in the past that I bid on that I ended up winning for .99 + free shipping.  Granted it's a longshot that it would sell that low but it does happen once in a blue moon.
All is well. :)

Opethian

ebay should do like YJA does with a BIN price where you can still buy it at the BIN price even after there is a bid on it under the BIN price.
IMG

jperryss

Quote from: Opethian on 01/21/2014, 11:30 AMebay should do like YJA does with a BIN price where you can still buy it at the BIN price even after there is a bid on it under the BIN price.
I agree, and it always annoyed me that the BIN option goes away once someone places a bid.

jeffhlewis

I've had to use second (and third) chance offers on expensive items I'm selling so many times because of some dipshit suddenly saying "something came up and I can't afford it." Fucking assholes - if you're living hand to mouth you shouldn't be shopping for $1000+ items on eBay in any circumstance.

I've sent some really nasty responses to people like that, but for whatever reason I'm never able to leave negative feedback for them if someone grabs my second chance offer. Drives me nuts.

ToyMachine78

Not turbo related, but I consider this gouging... 5G's for a cart in that shape? I wouldn't even list it as acceptable!

http://m.ebay.com/itm?itemId=221357006206

TheClash603

Not sure if this is "Turbo Gouging," but it needs to be posted someplace...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Laseractive-Sega-Mega-LD-full-set-All-24-titles-Myst-Extras-/171225341989?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item27ddd36025

I like how it specifically mentions the most expensive game in the lot sold for $2,500 recently...  but if he did a similar price listing of all the other games, he would be WWWWAAAAAAAYYYY below $15,000.

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 01/24/2014, 01:05 PMNot turbo either.... but DAAAAA-YUM!!!

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121261157406?nav=RVI&sbk=1
Expensive and I have no idea as to the validity of the story behind it. The story is pretty damn cool though (If it's true).

wildo2ne

ToyMachine78

Quote from: RoyVegas on 01/24/2014, 01:21 PM

http://m.ebay.com/itm/121261157406?nav=RVI&sbk=1
Expensive and I have no idea as to the validity of the story behind it. The story is pretty damn cool though (If it's true).
Look how big it is.... did that really fit on a Chuck cheese table? Lol I wasn't aware there were chucky cheese pizzas in the early 70's. I thought CC and Showbiz started in the 80's .

Speaking of Showbiz... has anyone seen the documentary of the people who collect the Rock-afire Explosion bands from Showbiz, and reprogram them to perform new music? Strange people, but very entertaining lol

RoyVegas

Quote from: guest on 01/24/2014, 01:57 PMLook how big it is.... did that really fit on a Chuck cheese table? Lol I wasn't aware there were chucky cheese pizzas in the early 70's. I thought CC and Showbiz started in the 80's .
Per Wikipedia:

Chuck E. Cheese's, originally referred to as Chuck E. Cheese's Pizza Time Theater, was founded by Atari founder Nolan Bushnell.[3] Bushnell's experience in the amusement park industry, as well as his fondness of The Walt Disney Company, was influential in the conceptualization of the Pizza Time Theatre concept.[7] The first location opened in San Jose, California in 1977, and was labeled as the first family restaurant to integrate food, cheap animated entertainment, and an indoor arcade.[2][3] In 1978, Bushnell purchased the Pizza Time Theatre concept from Atari's then-corporate parent, Warner Communications.[8]

NecroPhile

Atari's Puppy Pong for a cool half mil.
That's some crazy shit there.  Maybe Bushnell will snag it?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Quote from: wildo2ne on 01/24/2014, 01:42 PMYou should check this one, almost 700 just for a carrying bag

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321298766342?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649
I tried to offer what I was willing to pay, which is $49.99, but they won't ship to Canada. Way to narrow down the potential customer base for $700 TG-16 bags.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

FiftyQuid

You're lucky BT.  eBay's Global Shipping Program would have added another $100 to the price easily.
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

ToyMachine78

What do you guys feel is a fair price for the Turbo versions of Therons Quest and Riot Zone? The price for each w/o shipping included?

roflmao

Riot Zone seems to fluctuate all over the map.  I picked up Crest of Wolf for under $20 off hit-japan not too long ago and it doesn't seem to fluctuate nearly as much.

I can't comment on Dungeon Master though, since I never bothered to pick it up for obey.  I played the heck out of it on my old PC bitd, though. :)

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2014, 12:08 AMWhat do you guys feel is a fair price for the Turbo versions of Therons Quest and Riot Zone? The price for each w/o shipping included?
$20 - $30.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ToyMachine78

For that ugly thing!? I'm shocked! I doubt the winner pays up.

jperryss

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2014, 02:41 PMFor that ugly thing!? I'm shocked! I doubt the winner pays up.
I thought the same when it was at $30K yesterday.

"Sorry, my brother logged into my account when I wasn't looking."

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: jperryss on 01/25/2014, 03:21 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/25/2014, 02:41 PMFor that ugly thing!? I'm shocked! I doubt the winner pays up.
I thought the same when it was at $30K yesterday.

"Sorry, my brother logged into my account when I wasn't looking."
Even worse - one bidder claimed it was their 2-year old.

http://blog.pricecharting.com/2014/01/stevesesy-nintendo-world-championship.html

Didn't sell. I think the seller originally paid $5k for it.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

xcrement5x

Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

A lot of nice but pricey titles there.  I bet the insta-collectards will bid it up to at least 20% more than what it'd cost to get each one off ebay separately.

bob

Senshi

Well that asshat video game quality is at it again. This time its mysterious song for the LOW LOW price of $109.99! Rover you underpriced it! ...lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mysterious-Song-RPG-Turbografx-CD-Turbo-DUO-Brand-New-Rare-First-Print-/221362683645?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

bob

Quote from: Senshi on 01/27/2014, 03:21 PMWell that asshat video game quality is at it again. This time its mysterious song for the LOW LOW price of $109.99! Rover you underpriced it! ...lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mysterious-Song-RPG-Turbografx-CD-Turbo-DUO-Brand-New-Rare-First-Print-/221362683645?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
yeah, hes another dick.  along with pacfamily.

Mathius

I'd be boycotting that guy from buying off you again, Rove.

RoyVegas

Quote from: galam on 01/27/2014, 02:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/27/2014, 11:13 AMThis one must be self-gouging I guess.  Currently at $1500 with reserve not yet met...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nec-Turbo-Duo-Bundle-26-Games-Plus-Accessories-Complete-Inbox-Cotton-TG16-/141175168835?pt=Video_Games&hash=item20deb21f43
yeah, but look who it is.  douchebag at it again
My guess is that no matter what this actually is bid to, it'll never hit the reserve.

turboswimbz

my question on that item, is why is the item listed as being in NJ, when it's taken on the same carpet as his other auctions which show the item location as FL.  scammer fo' sure.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

sirhcman

Quote from: turboswimbz on 01/27/2014, 05:36 PMmy question on that item, is why is the item listed as being in NJ, when it's taken on the same carpet as his other auctions which show the item location as FL.  scammer fo' sure.
His other aliases he uses are in NJ.. Guess he forgot to change something over. This has happened before in his auctions and then it magically changes back to Florida.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Senshi on 01/27/2014, 03:21 PMWell that asshat video game quality is at it again. This time its mysterious song for the LOW LOW price of $109.99! Rover you underpriced it! ...lol

Wow.  And it looks like it sold.  That's insane.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

CrackTiger

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2014, 11:08 AM

Wow. And it looks like it sold. That's insane.
Well, it is the "rare first print" version.

Also shows how not factory sealing games like this only makes gouging worse. Resellers like VGQ will continue to sell used copies as "brand new".

Psycho Punch

1- Create Homebrew
2- Send it to pressing house
3- Receive box with sealed copies
4- Open all but half a dozen copies
5- Put ebay auctions with jacked up prices on these sealed copies so no one buys it
6- Sell all other "non-sealed" copies for retail price, halting gouging by VGA resellers and other copycats since no one will be sealed, and therefore ungradeable.

7- win.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

NecroPhile

Quote from: CrackTiger on 01/28/2014, 11:27 AMWell, it is the "rare first print" version.

Also shows how not factory sealing games like this only makes gouging worse. Resellers like VGQ will continue to sell used copies as "brand new".
It wouldn't matter if they were sealed.  No matter what you do, gougers are gonna sit on inflated BINS and wait for some lazy/impatient fool to take it in the pooper.

seieienbu

Quote from: guest on 01/28/2014, 11:32 AM1- Create Homebrew
2- Send it to pressing house
3- Receive box with sealed copies
4- Open all but half a dozen copies
5- Put ebay auctions with jacked up prices on these sealed copies so no one buys it
6- Sell all other "non-sealed" copies for retail price, halting gouging by VGA resellers and other copycats since no one will be sealed, and therefore ungradeable.

7- win.
Would this stop assholes from sealing the games themselves?
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

CrackTiger

Some of the biggest graded sealed game dealers reseal games. I'm surprised that we haven't yet seen a graded sealed copy of MS.

bob

Quote from: RoyVegas on 01/27/2014, 04:56 PM
Quote from: galam on 01/27/2014, 02:08 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/27/2014, 11:13 AMThis one must be self-gouging I guess.  Currently at $1500 with reserve not yet met...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nec-Turbo-Duo-Bundle-26-Games-Plus-Accessories-Complete-Inbox-Cotton-TG16-/141175168835?pt=Video_Games&hash=item20deb21f43
yeah, but look who it is.  douchebag at it again
My guess is that no matter what this actually is bid to, it'll never hit the reserve.
i am so tempted to drop a 10k bid on this and screw with him for a week while he sorts out the non paying bidder policy.
does ebay hit him with final value fee before its actually paid for? could make it real difficult for him if they sweep the fees in the middle of all this. or i could just retract it at the last minute.  what to do, what to do?

problem is, i wouldnt be surprised if he has blocked me by now since i have given him a very hard time in the past.

RoyVegas

Quote from: galam on 01/30/2014, 12:38 PMi am so tempted to drop a 10k bid on this and screw with him for a week while he sorts out the non paying bidder policy.
does ebay hit him with final value fee before its actually paid for? could make it real difficult for him if they sweep the fees in the middle of all this. or i could just retract it at the last minute.  what to do, what to do?
Not worth the nonpaying bidder strike.  Sellers can set options for who they let buy their stuff and even block people with bidding strikes.  The last think you want is to get the strike only to have something awesome pop up and not be able to buy it at all. Like sitting there staring at a Duo for $50 buy it now and being lucky enough to be the first person to see it yet you cant buy it due to the sellers settings.  Just my 2 cents.

bob

ahh...didnt think of that.  see, there is sanity here.

FiftyQuid

Quote from: galam on 01/30/2014, 12:38 PMproblem is, i wouldnt be surprised if he has blocked me by now since i have given him a very hard time in the past.
Join the club.  He blocked me from bidding last year.  :)
I'm busy playing pinball, but I still drop by to visit.

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: galam on 01/30/2014, 12:38 PMi am so tempted to drop a 10k bid on this and screw with him for a week while he sorts out the non paying bidder policy.

problem is, i wouldnt be surprised if he has blocked me by now since i have given him a very hard time in the past.
Just sayin', new ebay accounts are incredibly easy to create... ;)  Normally, I'm against people fucking with sellers, but plcards is a certain brand of asshole. Someone on here proved pretty well that he was shill bidding on his own items.

That NWC cart got fake bid up to $100k.The seller wasn't a dick, his starting price was less than the $5k he paid. I think ebay needs to put a policy, that you have to put $50 down for any bid over $1k. You get the $50 back as a refund if you lose, or put toward the item if you win. If you back out, the seller and ebay keep the $50.

DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: DildoKKKobold on 01/30/2014, 01:37 PMI think ebay needs to put a policy, that you have to put $50 down for any bid over $1k. You get the $50 back as a refund if you lose, or put toward the item if you win. If you back out, the seller and ebay keep the $50.
Knowing eBay, they'd keep $49.75 and the seller would get a quarter.

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2014, 01:37 PM

Just sayin', new ebay accounts are incredibly easy to create... ;)  Normally, I'm against people fucking with sellers, but plcards is a certain brand of asshole. Someone on here proved pretty well that he was shill bidding on his own items.
I agree, it amazes me that people on this board continue to support this guy by recapping his duo's and expresse's that he is re-selling. Pretty sad actually

xcrement5x

Yeah, the concept of having earnest money for higher priced auctions is a good idea to add to ebay, but it might discourage some people from bidding because then you have ebay sitting on your money in some sort of escrow until you need it for an auction. 

While fast, a ACH transfer still takes a couple of days to settle, so if you needed the earnest money up front and there are only a couple hours left in an auction you might be in trouble.  Or maybe you'd need to use a CC or something to have the cash available right away in your 'earnest' account, do it as a hold instead of a full settled transaction. 

DildoKKKobold

Quote from: NecroPhile on 01/30/2014, 02:07 PMKnowing eBay, they'd keep $49.75 and the seller would get a quarter.
Hah! They'd keep $50 and charge you $5 for "premium bidder service."

That said, eBay has been dropping fees to compete, and yet still is getting its proverbial ass handed to it by Amazon. I'm surprised there isn't a Turbogouging on Amazon thread:

Dead Moon for $100? Why not!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B003O477R8/ref=sr_1_30_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1391194009&sr=8-30&keywords=turbografx&condition=used

Vasteel is clearly worth around $400 these days!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00729SZ04/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1391194104&sr=8-60

Neutopia II for only double eBay prices!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0019N8GX0/ref=sr_1_94_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1391194201&sr=8-94&keywords=turbografx&condition=used

Turbo Booster (not Even Plus) for about $70 more than you'd buy the combo for at Ebay gouge rates!
http://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Booster-Grafx-16/dp/B001F0X3GC/ref=sr_1_99?ie=UTF8&qid=1391194246&sr=8-99&keywords=turbografx

Amazon has no photos for the most part, games go for 10-30% more, contacting sellers is a bitch, and in general, sucks for buyers. I can't figure out how they are kicking ebay's ass.
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

Mathius

This business of no photos for Amazon items is a joke. I don't buy used games from there because I can't see the condition of anything.

bob

Quote from: Mathius on 01/31/2014, 02:52 PMThis business of no photos for Amazon items is a joke. I don't buy used games from there because I can't see the condition of anything.
Here here!  I took a risk and lost just this week.
Found the PS3 Castlevania Lords of Shadow Limited edition (double disc, hardcover book, bigger box, etc.) for $25 and shipped by a third party (not amazon direct).  I knew it was too good to be true...sure enough, it was.  They sent the standard edition.  Already returned.

NecroPhile

I've bought a few used games (dvds and books too) from Amazon without incident, but only from sellers that gave good descriptions.  That said, I'd still shy away from them for a pricey title or anything with a vague description.

jelloslug

Quote from: galam on 01/31/2014, 02:56 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 01/31/2014, 02:52 PMThis business of no photos for Amazon items is a joke. I don't buy used games from there because I can't see the condition of anything.
Found the PS3 Castlevania Lords of Shadow Limited edition (double disc, hardcover book, bigger box, etc.) for $25 and shipped by a third party (not amazon direct).  I knew it was too good to be true...sure enough, it was.  They sent the standard edition.  Already returned.
I got a boxed copy of New Adventure Island for $35 off of amazon not too long ago.

bob

Quote from: guest on 01/31/2014, 08:45 PM
Quote from: galam on 01/31/2014, 02:56 PM
I got a boxed copy of New Adventure Island for $35 off of amazon not too long ago.
Sweet find. I love when those things happen.