OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob

esadajr

Quote from: Bernie on 04/17/2014, 09:50 PMWhich is why its roms and flash carts for me.  Anything retro that's non Obey CD, is best played that way.  Frigging insane, stop the insanity...don't buy shit.
and for anything that doesn't run from the flash cart, wiimednafen or PC.
Gaming since 1985

jlued686

jelloslug

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2014, 01:02 PM
Quote from: galam on 05/02/2014, 09:57 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/02/2014, 09:54 AMSoldier Blade for $600. (OBO)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ultra-Rare-CIB-Boxed-Soldier-Blade-Turbografx-16-NEC-NTSC-US-Version-nes-/131180630415?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e8af9918f

Granted, it is complete...but fucking $600.

Check out the third picture for a special bonus.
and the perv user name
Ha! I didn't even notice that. Classy!
And the douchey spamming of the word "nes" in the auction title....

bob

Funny thing is...NOBODY would be looking for jack n golf for the NES. So very counter productive. Haha.

esteban

Quote from: geise on 05/02/2014, 08:09 AMWow!  I wonder how many are buying Jack Nicklaus golf cause they really really really want to play it?  I would just rather go play Power Golf.  I like Jack and have owned it since 92, but for a golf game Power Golf is where it's at for me.  I will still always say it pays to be an early Turbo adopter.  So sad that people gave two shits about the Turbo back then and now it's all the rage with new gamers, gougers, and resellers.
I'm probably one of the only people on earth that want to actually play this silly game. I honestly wish it refreshed the graphics quicker (they are sluggish).

Anyway, I've been trying to get this game for years.

Whatever. I have lots of other games to play.

:pcgs: I'm serious about playing it. I have played all the holes on the HuCARD, I want more!
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

LostFlunky

Quote from: esteban on 05/02/2014, 04:59 PM:pcgs: I'm serious about playing it. I have played all the hole on the HuCARD, I want more!
Ewwwww!!!!!!

1st Bernie's bathroom, now this??

esteban

jelloslug

o.pwuaioc

gamerslife

Quote from: InfraMan on 05/04/2014, 09:49 AMI guess $10,000 is the standard going rate for random Turbo lots these days?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-RARE-NEC-Turbo-Duo-TTI-Grafx-BONK-3-CD-Super-ZONK-CD-Cotton-DYNASTIC-HERO-/161295241547?pt=Video_Games&hash=item258df2114b
holy crap i have three of those games in that 4 game lot, i guess i can now put that downpayment on my new boat....hahaha thats craziness to think anyone would entertain the idea of paying close to that $1k on ebay would sell but 10k no way not even on ebay
The older you get, the more rules they are going to try and get you to follow. You just gotta keep on livin', man. L-I-V-I-N. -Wooderson (AKA:Matthew McConaughey)

Keith Courage

bob

I'm convinced these (Monster Lair, Jack N CD golf) are shills.
They HAVE to be.  No flippin' way is this sh!t real!

Ninja16608

Wow, just wow.  *shakes head* *shakes fist at ebay for allowing such an atrocity to happen*

TheClash603

Quote from: galam on 05/04/2014, 04:49 PMI'm convinced these (Monster Lair, Jack N CD golf) are shills.
They HAVE to be.  No flippin' way is this sh!t real!
All it takes is two deep-pocketed new collectors.  That's why you can see these huge spikes, but then they disappear shortly thereafter.

Of course, there could also be some manipulation here...  I wasn't too surprised by the Jack box being bid up because that is quite hard to find, but this one is a bit absurd.

wolfman

recent addition: Japanese Language Skills, A1 proficiency level
-------------------------------------------------------------
CryptoCoin Warrior
My Setup: PC Engine LT, CD-ROM², IFU-30
AKA woolfman on AtariAge, PlanetVB, Circuit-Board.

xcrement5x

Quote from: wolfman on 05/05/2014, 03:50 PMTG Vasteel up for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vasteel-TurboGrafx-CD-NEW-SEALED-NEAR-MINT-SUPER-RARE-/121328443017?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c3fbd1e89
That's probably the same one that sold for about $600 last month. 

That's crazy news on the Jack Nicklaus CD golf.  I picked up 2 copies of that from the retro game store near me several years ago.  I kept one copy, the other copy I sent to SMF for Secret Santa since it was on his list.  This now makes me the best Santa evar...... right?  :P
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

o.pwuaioc

Is that game even supposed to be any good? Maybe I'll start digging around the stores near me to see if they have any in stock.

NecroPhile

Vasteel or J.N. Golf?  Vasteel is great (if you like strategy games), and J.N. is a golf game (aka bleh).
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 04:20 PMIs that game even supposed to be any good? Maybe I'll start digging around the stores near me to see if they have any in stock.
The refresh rate of graphics in Jack Niklaus Golf is way too slow. It really hampers the game (you have to *WAIT* EACH time you slightly change your perspective).

You literally see columns of tiles comprising the image slowly being updated.

Otherwise, I don't mind Jack Nicklaus golf (the game is ok).

A lot of folks would be disappointed by the lackluster visuals, but if you can get past that, it's OK.

Maybe this game is for golf fans...it won't win over a casual gamer based on its presentation.

I personally enjoy golf games, no matter how basic, since I approach them as a puzzle/strategy.

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/05/2014, 04:32 PMJ.N. is a golf game (aka bleh).
That's what I figured, though surprisingly Mario Golf isn't so bad. Though if it's ordinary, how this (and e.g. World Series Baseball on the 32X) get so wanted is far beyond me.

Mathius

bob

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 04:32 PMand J.N. is a golf game (aka bleh).
US Open on NES is actually fun. And i have both made and lost friendships over golden tee at the bar.
Also, i have a 100" screen and projector that i occasionally set up for tiger woods on the wii when i have get togethers. Point being:  golf games arent always so bad. And in real life...i hate golf.

pc_kwajalein

Quote from: galam on 05/05/2014, 08:30 PM
US Open on NES is actually fun. And i have both made and lost friendships over golden tee at the bar.
Also, i have a 100" screen and projector that i occasionally set up for tiger woods on the wii when i have get togethers. Point being:  golf games arent always so bad. And in real life...i hate golf.
Agreed. Certain VG golf titles pull it off pretty good. But IRL, the closest to golf I'm going is putt-putt. Its fun, theres waterfalls and fake animals everywhere, plus cherry Coke and grilled cheese sandwiches are within easy reach.
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

pc_kwajalein

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 10:24 PMI don't know what minigolf courses you frequent, but the ones around here are full of zitfaced shitheads who can't watch their mouths to save their lives. Between that and the run down poopiness of the place, I can't take my kids.
Our minigolf spot is rather tidy. However, me and few others go at the best possible time; Monday afternoons when school is still open. Its bliss. Ive gotten many free rounds simply because we and two other groups were the only ones there. The weekends are atrocious and therefore avoided.
My past-life would've surely led to our demise, and I had left it not a moment too soon. Our escape, though dangerous, had gone well. The train ride, sunlight, and passing snow-covered pine trees came together in a flickering show of our bright, new future together. Her head rested on my shoulder as she soundly slept to the gentle rocking of the passenger car. We felt freedom. We felt peace.

jordan_hillman

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 04:32 PMJ.N. is a golf game (aka bleh).
Hotshots Golf for PS1 was a blast, but I agree; most golf games are merely bleh.
"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

HailingTheThings

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 05/06/2014, 12:23 AM
Hotshots Golf for PS1 was a blast, but I agree; most golf games are merely bleh.
Neo Turf Masters (you know what its on) is pretty cool, I think.

"ON THE GREEN!"

IMG
IMG

ToyMachine78

Quote from: galam on 05/05/2014, 08:30 PM
Agree. I've had a lot of fun playing golden tee and PGBA Tour at the bar. Silver Strike Bowling and Big Buck Hunter too!

ToyMachine78

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/06/2014, 12:52 AM
Quote from: jordan_hillman on 05/06/2014, 12:23 AM
Neo Turf Masters (you know what its on) is pretty cool, I think.

"ON THE GREEN!"

IMG
Wait.... is that Bernie holding that trophy!?

roflmao

Quote from: guest on 05/06/2014, 11:36 AM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 05/06/2014, 12:52 AMNeo Turf Masters (you know what its on) is pretty cool, I think.

"ON THE GREEN!"

IMG
Wait.... is that Bernie holding that trophy!?
Not enough tattoos. :D

I've played a ton of Mario Golf on the Gamecube and GBA and have enjoyed them both quite a bit.  I'm not normally one for sports games, but golf games can be good.

BlackandBlue

Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

Ninja16608

Quote from: BlackandBlue on 05/09/2014, 08:43 AMI feel (read:hope) these are fake bids.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chase-TurboGrafx-16-TG16-Complete-Box-CIB-US-Version-NTSC-Hu-Card-/161300068971?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item258e3bba6b

Sorry hun, kids cant go to college, I had to own a video game.
Not fake, I have been watching this one go nuts. It jumped from 1200 to 5500 in about 30 seconds

kakutolives

lol when an auction jumps like that....it sounds fake.
Good Sellers (in my experience)
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

People who are just plain Awesome:
BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

Ninja16608

Quote from: kakutolives on 05/09/2014, 01:01 PMlol when an auction jumps like that....it sounds fake.
Could be shill bids but I watched the auto bids and it was a few guys out doing one another with some random bidders too.....could be BS but hell that's a ridiculous price no matter how you slice it.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Mathius on 05/05/2014, 06:24 PM
Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 04:07 PM
Quote from: wolfman on 05/05/2014, 03:50 PMTG Vasteel up for sale:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vasteel-TurboGrafx-CD-NEW-SEALED-NEAR-MINT-SUPER-RARE-/121328443017?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1c3fbd1e89
That's probably the same one that sold for about $600 last month. 
Was the one last month sealed too?
Yup, here's the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/111308602533

Quote from: guest on 05/05/2014, 04:57 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/05/2014, 04:32 PMJ.N. is a golf game (aka bleh).
That's what I figured, though surprisingly Mario Golf isn't so bad. Though if it's ordinary, how this (and e.g. World Series Baseball on the 32X) get so wanted is far beyond me.
World Series Baseball on the 32X was one of the last games made for the system, really low production count, and it was packaged in a cardboard box which was easy to loose/trash.  For a long time it was under the radar (like Pitfall 32X) and everyone though Spiderman was the only big money 32X title, but people realize the rarity now.  WSB 32X is one of those where it's not that great, just really really rare; hence the price.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

bob

Its ironic how some sports games are so valuable when generally they are passed over.

Stadium Events
Lakers v Celtics (PAL/MD)
Ken Griffey baseball (PAL/SNES)

geise

:lol: rare video games.  "I must buy to please myself and get attention from others!"

Ya know though.  That MC seller is selling the games at 0.01.  So, they are either letting it ride honestly and capitalizing off of morons, or they are just faking a bid to inflate the price.  I do feel it's the later on this one.

DildoKKKobold

For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

geise

Just for shits and giggles and cause I am an attention whore.

QuoteFrom: geise69
To: justpressplayonline
Subject: Other: geise69 sent a message about Magical Chase - TurboGrafx-16 TG16 Complete in Box CIB US Version NTSC Hu Card #161300068971
Sent Date: May-09-14 13:52:05 PDT

Dear justpressplayonline,

Hi! Do you believe the price will continue to increase on this item due to collectors who way overpay? The market for this game isn't gouged high enough yet. The price isn't really that high either and I'm hoping for a chance to still score this at a good price. If you say it will still keep going up in value for years to come I will place my 8k bid. I'm just starting to think that it might be at it's peak and worry that if I put in a 10k bid I might not be able to recoup the money when I re-sell.

Dear geise69,

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Obviously, when you buy something as an investment, you always take a chance. Its the same whether you are speaking of collectibles, precious metals, or the stock market. You are speculating that the money you are investing will give you a greater return at some particular time in the future. So there is no real way to know for sure, but, in my opinion, mega rare games like this will continue to appreciate for decades to come. Just look at comic books and baseball cards. The more common stuff is now worthless, but the "holy grails" in both continue to break records, in the MILLIONS!

- justpressplayonline

Mathius

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: Mathius on 05/09/2014, 06:26 PM^^ His response made my blood boil.
Yeah, but is wrong? That kind of stuff really has me worried. I don't have the $$$ to shell out for Magical Chase, so I'm banking on a giant crash. What if that crash never really materializes?

kakutolives

this is dumb. really? this next to the auction where people are selling the metal slug collection for half a million is depressing.

since when did old video games turn into bitcoin? (artificially inflated due to speculation?)

whatever. I have a local video game store that has records of this game selling for 29 dollars back in the year 2003. This auction is silly.
Samurai Ghost, Keith Courage, Bernie, tggodfrey, bartre (hoping to add more to this list soon)

BlueBMW (to this day i thank you for hooking me up with Sapphire and getting me started with collecting PCE games)

bob

Quote from: kakutolives on 05/09/2014, 08:11 PMthis is dumb. really? this next to the auction where people are selling the metal slug collection for half a million is depressing.

since when did old video games turn into bitcoin? (artificially inflated due to speculation?)

whatever. I have a local video game store that has records of this game selling for 29 dollars back in the year 2003. This auction is silly.
LOL.  Bitcoin is a silly comparison.

great email geise.

kakutolives

raising video game prices based on speculation is silly by itself. my comparison was meant to be silly :P

wolfman

Quote from: geise on 05/09/2014, 06:20 PMJust for shits and giggles and cause I am an attention whore.

Subject: Other: geise69 sent a message about Magical Chase - TurboGrafx-16 TG16 Complete in Box CIB US Version NTSC Hu Card #161300068971

Hi! Do you believe the price will continue to increase on this item due to collectors who way overpay? The market for this game isn't gouged high enough yet. The price isn't really that high either and I'm hoping for a chance to still score this at a good price. If you say it will still keep going up in value for years to come I will place my 8k bid. I'm just starting to think that it might be at it's peak and worry that if I put in a 10k bid I might not be able to recoup the money when I re-sell.

Dear geise69,

Hi there. Thanks for the question. Obviously, when you buy something as an investment, you always take a chance. Its the same whether you are speaking of collectibles, precious metals, or the stock market. You are speculating that the money you are investing will give you a greater return at some particular time in the future. So there is no real way to know for sure, but, in my opinion, mega rare games like this will continue to appreciate for decades to come. Just look at comic books and baseball cards. The more common stuff is now worthless, but the "holy grails" in both continue to break records, in the MILLIONS!

- justpressplayonline
HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA  :mrgreen:

What a stupid answer...obviously he thought you´re a stupid rich person.

MILLIONS! HA! Make it BILLIONS!
CryptoCoin Warrior

Ninja16608

Quote from: wolfman on 05/10/2014, 06:29 AM
Quote from: geise on 05/09/2014, 06:20 PMJust for shits and giggles and cause I am an attention whore.

Dear geise69,

- justpressplayonline

10K lol nice question tho, I was able to read between the lines, guess he didn't

ToyMachine78

Quote from: wolfman on 05/10/2014, 06:29 AM

Dear geise69,

- justpressplayonline

IMG

wolfman

CryptoCoin Warrior