Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Medic_wheat

Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/08/2014, 03:33 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/08/2014, 02:18 PM
Quote from: jordan_hillman on 10/07/2014, 10:54 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/07/2014, 08:28 PMBut, I stand corrected and everything is present to say it's complete.  I just got burned a couple times on ebay where they cobbled together all the parts separately and then sold it as new, the real problem being that the individual pieces were all showing wear.  Seeing a generic CD jewel case got my suspicions all riled up I guess!
I feel you man. The only time an eBay seller ever dicked me over was for a CIB copy of Dragon Spirit...

But in that dude's defense, I totally misread the auction, and it was only supposed to be for the box (which I later traded for a copy of Scooby Doo on the SNES).
This just happened to me last month. I bought up a copy ofarch the land and.  I get the package and wvwrything is great. Box looked to be in good condition minu art book was minty and ectras like tge custom memory card case and such.  But there was no game. 

I go ebay to complain and realized when I re read the original sellers description is said no game included.

I felt really frustrated at myself for making such I mistake. Luckly this is easy to fix as the game itself not including the ce extras is fairly cheap. Lucky me I only spent $20 on the empty box
Man, I gotta keep an eye out for this if I ever go back to ebay.  Glad you didn't lose you shirt on it, though.
Yeah. Its kind of my own fault though.  Just need to slow down and read instead of getting all buy happy

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 10/08/2014, 06:30 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/08/2014, 03:30 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/08/2014, 01:36 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/07/2014, 11:46 PM
Quote from: jordan_hillman on 10/07/2014, 10:54 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/07/2014, 08:28 PMBut, I stand corrected and everything is present to say it's complete.  I just got burned a couple times on ebay where they cobbled together all the parts separately and then sold it as new, the real problem being that the individual pieces were all showing wear.  Seeing a generic CD jewel case got my suspicions all riled up I guess!
I feel you man. The only time an eBay seller ever dicked me over was for a CIB copy of Dragon Spirit...

But in that dude's defense, I totally misread the auction, and it was only supposed to be for the box (which I later traded for a copy of Scooby Doo on the SNES).
I think I remember when that happened, you posted about it here right?  That must have been a huge disappointment when you finally opened it up!  Glad you turned it around though.

I hope Time Cruise can be gotten for less than what that guy is selling it for, I've always wanted a copy as a pinball fan.  Love the music too.
I'm afraid that you won't find it for less than $200 on eBay. Unless you're an even ever bigger CIB fan. In which case it sells for anywhere from $38 - $50.

So you can see where the seller is coming (/getting his stock) from.
$20 Bucks would be just fine by me.  The only game I think I owned w/o a jewel case was New Adventure Island, I can't remember any others.  I would probably order a couple jewels from Seymour Onion though especially if I didn't have the outer box.  I'm not collecting Outer boxes really so no big deal.  I did keep the Cosmic Fantasy 2 box though for some reason.
The Turbo version of NAI doesn't have a jewel case.
I know, I wrote "w/o" there... It's the only one I was saying I was sure about not coming with a case since it's the only game I owned that came that way.  Wish I had kept that one, too.. if only I had a time travel machine to go kick my younger self in the ass and tell myself not to sell some of those games!

majors

Quote from: esadajr on 10/09/2014, 08:23 AMthis is le one!
"AND "BUP" COPIES OF THESE DISC GAMES FOR FREE"

If the seller "b-up'd" his copies, where are the originals? He must have already sold them.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

NecroPhile

Quote from: majors on 10/09/2014, 08:44 AM"AND "BUP" COPIES OF THESE DISC GAMES FOR FREE"

If the seller "b-up'd" his copies, where are the originals? He must have already sold them.
Heh, backed up from the internets just in case the internets go down.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

jordan_hillman

"Live the code, the code of the Dragon!"

cjameslv

I just can't stop reading this thread. Only gone through 170+ pages and making headway but damn some of this shit is so damn mindblowing!

bob

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121458659476

#-o

Offer available, but come on. At that BIN, Im sure a reasonable offer around $100 will be denied.

madboom0522

Wants at least $275. Checked with him already...
Titles to complete... Caught them all....

dallaspattern

bob

cjameslv

Quote from: galam on 10/14/2014, 09:46 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/111485951035
This douche-cock. Love the sticker label POS only $250 BIN what a bargain. To think i paid $140+tx here locally for a minty fresh one, what was i thinking, should went with dat custom label this guy has, it's a fuckin one-off!

Custom Label:
/03oUiB.jpg

jordan_hillman

johnnykonami

What I wouldn't give for a reasonably priced complete Vasteel.  My copy was stolen from me many years ago and probably ended up on ebay just like this!

mackdanger

Quote from: galam on 10/14/2014, 09:46 PMhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/111485951035
I am guessing in that auction description "HTF" means hard to find? I haven't used EBung in over a decade so I am not familiar with all the lingo.
Check out "Skill Sets" my 1CC / No Death video series:
https://www.youtube.com/user/richardgalactic

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 10/14/2014, 10:48 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/14/2014, 10:45 PMWhat I wouldn't give for a reasonably priced complete Vasteel.  My copy was stolen from me many years ago and probably ended up on ebay just like this!
what would you give?
Like 50 bucks?  I just miss that prog-muzak, man.  One of these days I have to import part 2 as well.

johnnykonami

Quote from: guest on 10/14/2014, 11:13 PMBoo ... I sell you mine for $2500. Deal? Lowballer. (;
I know!  I can hardly get to sleep at night knowing how all the families of ebay sellers are probably at home cold and starving.  I guess maybe it is worth $2450 more than I thought.  You know, for the peace of mind.

cjameslv

Quote from: guest on 10/14/2014, 11:42 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 10/14/2014, 11:18 PM
Quote from: guest on 10/14/2014, 11:13 PMBoo ... I sell you mine for $2500. Deal? Lowballer. (;
I know!  I can hardly get to sleep at night knowing how all the families of ebay sellers are probably at home cold and starving.  I guess maybe it is worth $2450 more than I thought.  You know, for the peace of mind.
deal. $2450 PayPal gift to assclown@yomomma.org
I wish you wouldn't post my email without my permission.

jordan_hillman

I wander if the families of ebay sellers get their groceries from eBay as well?

I presume yes.

xcrement5x

Quote from: jordan_hillman on 10/15/2014, 08:12 PM
Quote from: Nulltard on 10/14/2014, 11:13 PMBoo ... I sell you mine for $2500. Deal? Lowballer. (;
I wander if the families of ebay sellers get their groceries from eBay as well?

I presume yes.
I can only imagine. 

Amazon has a "Pantry" program to buy food from them, it's pretty weird.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 10/17/2014, 12:10 AMAmazon has a "Pantry" program to buy food from them, it's pretty weird.
Since no local grocers carry 'em, I buy microwave pork rinds from Amazon.  But 'normal' foods?  Yeah, that's weird.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/17/2014, 09:56 AM
Quote from: guest on 10/17/2014, 12:10 AMAmazon has a "Pantry" program to buy food from them, it's pretty weird.
Since no local grocers carry 'em, I buy microwave pork rinds from Amazon.  But 'normal' foods?  Yeah, that's weird.
Wait, that's a thing? Awesome.

I can only imagine what kitchen smells like after that.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: esteban on 10/17/2014, 11:11 AMWait, that's a thing? Awesome.

I can only imagine.
linky

Pork rinds warm and toasty from your microwave; they're not exactly health food, but they're no worse than microwave popcorn, tater chips, etc.

esteban

Quote from: guest on 10/17/2014, 11:28 AM
Quote from: esteban on 10/17/2014, 11:11 AMWait, that's a thing? Awesome.

I can only imagine.
linky

Pork rinds warm and toasty from your microwave; they're not exactly health food, but they're no worse than microwave popcorn, tater chips, etc.
I am making no judgements.  :pcgs:

GoldenWheels

Quote from: guest on 10/17/2014, 09:56 AM
Many grocery stores have online ordering now through a service. Peapod, etc. Great for the older folks or those without transportation.

Microwave pork rinds, THAT'S weird.  :shock:

Otaking

I buy cans of root beer from Amazon as we don't sell it in stores here in the UK.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86jH2UQmvKY&t=812s
Quote from: some block off youtubeIn one episode, Dodongo c-walks out of a convenience store with a 40 at 7:40 AM, steals an arcade machine from an auction, haggles in Spanish for a stuffed papa smurf to use as a sex toy, and buys Secret of Mana for a dollar.

SuperGrafx

Quote from: guest on 10/17/2014, 11:28 AMPork rinds warm and toasty from your microwave; they're not exactly health food, but they're no worse than microwave popcorn, tater chips, etc.
And they're great if you're on a low carb diet too.

clackattack

MMMMMmmmmm.... fried swine skin....

NOOOOM NOM NOM NOM NOM!
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

bob

you guys are killing this thread with all the amazon talk

clackattack

hey hey, check this one out...
Shit, cant find the link right now...
WELL anyway, theres apparently a guy in my town (Athens, GA.) that has a craigslist post up with some random SNES boxed titles, some loose NES stuff, and an unteseted naked TG16 with NOTHING. Just to give you guys a taste of how bad it is, this guys has a 100$ price quote for StreetFighter 2 CIB SNES... Well apparently his normal-looking TG16 was some wierd promo/exclusive or something since he claims it never was sold here in the states, and therefore is worth 150$ with no cables, no controllers, and no gaurantee that it even works... maybe i can't find the listing because I flagged it when I saw it last nite 8D

Ok, so maybe this isnt definition "gouging" because it kinda seems like the dude just has no idea what a TG16 is OR how the hell to use google... maybe just sheer stupidity?
[If it's song and dance you want, song and dance you'll get!]

BigusSchmuck

Wanna talk about gouging? I had a vendor over at PRGE try to sell me a U.S Duo uncapped I might add for $775! Didn't even come with Keith Courage, the nerve!

xcrement5x

Quote from: BigusSchmuck on 10/20/2014, 07:28 PMWanna talk about gouging? I had a vendor over at PRGE try to sell me a U.S Duo uncapped I might add for $775! Didn't even come with Keith Courage, the nerve!
Good lord.  I've always known con prices are exorbitant, but that is like priced just to prey on the ignorant.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

vexcollects

Get it while you still can...

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=181564780641&alt=web

Complete. Plug and Play. Non official AC and RF, Two controllers but no Tap.

You had me at Complete.

majors

Quote from: vexcollects on 10/21/2014, 08:00 PMYou had me at Complete.
Yeah, that dust cap, yo! They rare like hens' teeth.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

bob

Gentlegamer

Quote from: galam on 10/22/2014, 02:46 PMUtter bullshit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161450638629
Looks like an auction that started at $0.01. Unless it was full of shill bids, I guess that's a legit price.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

grache

TurboGrafx-16 HuCard Collection: 7.3% complete    7 / 96 titles

NecroPhile

Quote from: grache on 11/04/2014, 04:10 PMMysterious Song gouging. In their defence they might not know they're a second pressing.

Mysterious Song for $75 starting bid.
Or he knows and wants to cash in before the reprints start shipping.  But Rover has a listing too, so I doubt he's gonna find any suckers.

madboom0522

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 10/22/2014, 04:38 PM

Looks like an auction that started at $0.01. Unless it was full of shill bids, I guess that's a legit price.
The seller of that game is a member here and had to sell most of their collection to cover medical issues. Good guy, has sold most of his higher priced games already....

HailingTheThings

Quote from: madboom0522 on 11/04/2014, 04:35 PM

The seller of that game is a member here and had to sell most of their collection to cover medical issues. Good guy, has sold most of his higher priced games already....
Think that was the same guy who sold Magical Chase and had a Thread here about. Said he would try to scan the manual. Guess he forgot. Meh.
IMG

grache

NecroPhile

That was probably pulled from a PAL Turbobgrafx box.

madboom0522

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 11/04/2014, 05:17 PM
Quote from: madboom0522 on 11/04/2014, 04:35 PM

Yep that is the same guy.... He sold his Darius alpha as well.

Think that was the same guy who sold Magical Chase and had a Thread here about. Said he would try to scan the manual. Guess he forgot. Meh.

grache

Psycho Punch

/2la4r35.png

Best avatar and text ever conceived
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

seieienbu

Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Lochlan

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/08/2014, 12:49 AMBlazing Lazers cic $175 BIN
There are multiple sealed copies on eBay for less.  I don't understand how this could have occurred.  I'm genuinely curious to know what this person was thinking.

And you gotta love this choice quote from the auction:
Quotehardly used was more of a collection
Quote from: ridgewood_general_store_1 on 08/15/2014, 11:12 AMI'm not sorry about this, as I'm not sorry about ANY attack by the goverrats.

GoldenWheels

Probably a stupid Q considering how many pages and fans THIS thread has but is there a thread for GOOD found ebay deals?

I got a CIC Bravoman for 22$ the other night. I was pretty happy with that.

esteban

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 11/08/2014, 10:39 AMProbably a stupid Q considering how many pages and fans THIS thread has but is there a thread for GOOD found ebay deals?

I got a CIC Bravoman for 22$ the other night. I was pretty happy with that.
Is it a "good deal" if the game is blah?

That is the age-old question.