RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Lords of Thunder

Started by hoobs88, 08/09/2010, 12:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which suit of armor do you like the best?

Earth
11 (57.9%)
Water
5 (26.3%)
Fire
3 (15.8%)
Wind
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 19

hoobs88

Do you use the same armor throughout the game or have you found one armor to be most effective against certain bosses and switch to that one with the selection of each stage?
1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

blueraven

Earth is cool, but i voted water. Because the graphics look cool, not necessarily the effectiveness.

nat

I switch it up; there are certainly ones that are more effective in certain stages.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

SignOfZeta

I voted water because its the coolest looking. In actual effectiveness though, Earth just rips everything up so much more than the other stuff. Its kind of crap how much more powerful Earth is than the other suits, especially Wind. Wind is just useless.
IMG

Turbo D

Water is my favorite armor. I like the spread it has when powered up.
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

kid_rondeau

Truedat about the Wind Armor being less-than-effective. I usually use it in Bosque, and sometimes for a challenge I'll go through the whole game using nothing but.

NecroPhile

I usually use earth armor, though the water armor looks cooler.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Mathius

I always thought it was the Water Armor that was over powered, not Earth. Is Earth really that good? I have yet to beat the game. :(

Obfuscate

I mix up all 4 in Normal mode and all except wind on hard and can beat both settings, I disagree that every stage is better with earth armor.

kid_rondeau

Obfuscate, how close do your armor preferences align with mine?:

Dezant: Fire
Auzal: Earth
Llamarada: Water
Bosque: Wind
Helado: Earth
Cielom: Water

Mistral: Earth (70% of the time) or Water (30% of the time)

Zaggart: whatever I'm feeling like at the time.

I wanted to use yellow for Wind, but it was illegible on the white background, as was beige.

geise

I start in Dezant with Fire and then rotate through each one throughout the game.  I just like to make a challenge for myself, but it makes the game more interesting to me as well.

Obfuscate

Normal Mode:

Dezant: Wind
Auzal:  Water
Llamarada: Fire
Bosque: Wind
Helado: Water
Cielom: Earth

Mistral:Earth
Zaggart: Fire

In hard mode it is the same except in Bosque I use water so I do actually us all 4 in both normal and hard.

hoobs88

Dezant: Earth
Auzal: Earth
Llamarada: Water
Bosque: Earth
Helado: Earth
Cielom: Earth

I seem to recall using Fire when I played a while back but I'm not sure what stage I used it for.
Has anyone beat it in Super mode? I might have to use the cheat code (start with $10,000) for that.

kid_rondeau

Hoobs,
Definitely not bragging here (as I'm sure I'm not the only one), but I've beaten the game on Super without using the cheat code, and using only the Wind armor for every stage.

hoobs88

Quote from: kid_rondeau on 08/10/2010, 06:39 AMHoobs,
Definitely not bragging here (as I'm sure I'm not the only one), but I've beaten the game on Super without using the cheat code, and using only the Wind armor for every stage.
I played it and beat it in Normal mode when I first got the game. Hadn't played it again until recently since I wanted to listen to the awesome music. Currently, I'm trying to play through the game with Fire Armor then I'll move onto Water Armor and finally Wind Armor. Perhaps after plenty of playing experience, I will be able to beat it in Super mode.

turbogrfxfan

"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: kid_rondeau on 08/10/2010, 06:39 AMHoobs,
u are truly hardcore.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

kid_rondeau