10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The Fighting Street forum to be closed 4-EVA starting Sept 1 - CANCELLED

Started by Joe Redifer, 08/28/2010, 12:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Redifer

Any threads you all recommend keeping (via movement to the Chit Chat forum) for any reason?  I'd like to keep the Dave Medina thread because it is useful.  How about any others?  I think there is a "What game have you beaten" type of thread in here somewhere, but it is called something else.

List threads you feel should be kept/moved here.  Arguments/complaints against closing Fighting Street will be ignored by myself.

nat

Yes, we need to keep the Dave Medina thread.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

blueraven

Joe Redifer

OK I put the Dave Medina thread in Chit Chat and the Clear thread in the PC Engine forum.  I altered the names of both slightly to be more descriptive because teaser or non-descriptive titles have always kind of bugged me, but I kept the names similar enough (for example, the Clear Thread is still called Race is on B1tches or whatever it was, just appended with "how many have you cleared?" or some such).  If the original thread authors can come up with better names, let me know.

Any other recommendations of threads to keep?

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

Tatsujin

Sinistron

Yeah I don't recall seeing so much as a bigger sway of people asking to close it- just a few people.  Why do you give such a shit Joe?  Is Aaron looking to close this down or are you just playing Shiniest Tin Badge?  Or are you just pissy that you can't police it in here the way you'd like to- and want more of this shit spilling into the main forums so you can lock more threads and ban more people?  or is this just so you can extend your powers from locking threads and banning to wiping out entire forum sections? 

You know what I find so amusing in all this?

Let me rewind a bit...

Point in time when Nintega was rampant running around with his first alternate accounts- me and Mike Helgeson were practically deputized by Aaron in chat and Pm's to keep eyes on Nintega because we were good at spotting him.  Mike made a thread about Nintega and how relentless he was being and how we were getting back at him on youtube for it and you locked it down and said you didn't want to hear about Nintega anymore, that we were being childish and if we left him alone he'd leave us alone.  Suddenly now that Nintega was gone again at the moment you didn't give a shit if he was stalking me and Mike or not, even though Mike had been a long-time member here (I hadn't been around as long) who helped out members and was extensively informative on tech aspects.  It wasn't your problem- and you didn't want it in here.  Thanks guys for helping us root out Nintega- he's still giving you problems on the side?  Not my problem- don't want it posted in here.  Zero support from Joe Redifer- Just forum nazi bullshit- no bread for you.  Your lack of giving a fuck is what caused Mike Helgeson to leave.  He was disgusted by how he felt you turned on him at the drop of a dime after he helped cleaning up the board's problem of Nintega.  You didn't want a place for him to mention it- and you pretty much accused us of being children who don't know how to solve a problem. 

LO AND BEHOLD

Here we are- and where are we?  You're here constantly saying how important it is that this new Nintega thread be kept going- with lolz aimed at Nintega, warnings of his accounts and all that good stuff.  You're advocating the very thing you shut down on me and Mike- and why now?  Because suddenly YOU got a friend invite or comment or whatever from Nintega?  Because it finally reached YOUR fucking backyard?  So- in other words- your bullshit policies are really only concerned with YOUR priorities and not those of the forums. 

And that's what's happening here yet again.  Suddenly magically pretty much everybody wants Fighting Street closed.  BULLSHIT.  YOU want Fighting Street closed and you can say oh so-and-so gaybees with female avatars and a few other people who were long time members yet never fucking post may have complained about it and it sure seemed like everybody EVEN THOUGH THERE HAVE BEEN CONSTANT POSTS OF SUPPORT IN KEEPING IT OPEN BY LONG TIME MEMBERS- but the truth is your selectiveness and nazi bullshit have become transparent to anyone with a fucking pair of eyes who's been paying attention.
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

nectarsis

I don't really see the point in closing it but whatever.  The "drama" can only be seen by MEMBERS so the BS shouldn't spill out and scare potential new members.  As for the peeps already here that go on and on whining about it, it's VERY simple...you dislike it DON'T FUCKING GO THERE/READ IT. Hardly rocket science.  If it's "offensive" or whatever ignore it.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Sinistron

Eh.  He's gonna close it.  The decision is final.  With Joe it doesn't matter whatever anyone else thinks-
it's what he thinks- it's his feelings- not the boards- that matter. 
It's OK.  There's still plenty of more laughs to be had, right Joe?  We'll have some fun yet.

IMG
IMG
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Joe Redifer

Sinistron, you're posting on a weekend.

And yes, Aaron has decided to close it Sept 1.

EDIT:  Moved the "Post pics of members 25 years from now" to Chit Chat.

Sinistron

IMG

blueraven

The "F@ck eBay Club" should also be moved to chit-chat, Sparky put like a week of time into that thread.

And for reference, I want Fighting Street to stay open, making me not "Almost Everybody"

Joe Redifer

Good call.  Moved to the PC Engine/Supergrafx forum.

PCEngineFX

Yep, I'm closing the Fighting Street forum for good.  I might trim down some other sections as well - still evaluating at the moment.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

Emerald Rocker

If the site admin doesn't want Fighting Street, then fair enough.  That seems pretty clear, and he never posted here, so this section pretty clearly doesn't fit his image of the site.  It's his house to do with as he pleases.

On the other hand, Joe's statement that "pretty much everyone" thought the section was "useless" is nonsense.

I've created a "Fighting Street II: The New Challengers" forum over at my blog.  It's not intended so much as a replacement, as a place where people can bitch in Fighting Street about Fighting Street being gone, because I find that concept a little bit amusing.  I don't expect anyone to actually sign up, but if you feel like it, here's the link:
http://www.unlimitedzigworks.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

EDIT: and in my infinite foolishness, no one can see that link because it's only available to registered members.  So just try this instead, if you care.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Opethian

fightingstreet2.png
goodnight sweet prince...
IMG

rag-time4

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 08/28/2010, 05:14 PMYep, I'm closing the Fighting Street forum for good.  I might trim down some other sections as well - still evaluating at the moment.
Too bad.. it seemed to me like it served its purpose well. Those of us who used Fighting Street seemed to use it for its intended purpose of voicing disputes and fisticuffs here rather than in other parts of the forum.

Sinistron

Quote from: rag-time4 on 08/28/2010, 08:35 PMit seemed to me like it served its purpose
That's EXACTLY what it did for Aaron's money.  Aaron created it for the tiresome savages who wanted to talk about Nintega because he didn't want it mentioned in the main forum.  Now- it's in vogue to talk about Nintega because suddenly Joe Red gives a shit too- so the main forum gets a Nintega thread and the members who enjoyed a space to air out their disputes get nothing.  Good show guys.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Emerald Rocker

What has Nintega done to PCEFX lately?  I mean, I looked at that thread, and it's talking about Youtube and Facebook for pages.  I don't care about that.  Nat's last post in there is all I need.

Maybe instead of a "Nintega" thread, there should be an "ENEMIES OF PCEFX" thread that is stickied and only updated by the mods.  It could summarize why these people are evil and list known alts.  That would also make Nintega feel less special.

Since IP addresses only show up on banned accounts, I also recommend an annual mass banning to check everyone's IP address -- and then everyone who is not Nintega (or another ENEMY OF PCEFX) can be un-banned.
Official member of the PCEFX 4K Post Club

Sinistron

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 08/28/2010, 05:14 PMYep, I'm closing the Fighting Street forum for good.  I might trim down some other sections as well - still evaluating at the moment.
and by "evaluating" he means getting Joe's spin on the matter which doesn't represent in even the slightest the viewpoints of the majority of the forum's.
Of course- it's your show Aaron.  If you want this forum Nazi (and don't bother trying to tell me that closing Fighting Street had nothing to do with Joe- he was the guy who made a thread hurling racial/homosexual barbs at you and your wife in lame attempt to prove his point, as well as making a racist jokes thread (nothing from anyone else on Fighting Street came even a scintilla close to Joe's offensive garbage COMPLETELY blowing apart the point he was trying to make) he was the guy moderating an unmoderated forum, he was the guy who said nearly everyone wants the forum closed although ANY actual look around on polls and threads will tell you otherwise- he was obviously the main guy here who wanted it shut down and he's obviously strongly voiced his opinion on the matter) running it then so be it.  Just don't expect us all to sit back and not speak up about it.

Joe Redifer is a poor moderator.  His actions are based solely on what HE wants- not on what anyone else wants.  He's proven to be a lying, racist, manipulative clown who gets off on and abuses his moderating duties.  Why's Joe hate Fighting Street so much?  Wild guess says because in theory it was a place that he wasn't supposed to moderate- though he surely tried.  You couldn't have picked a more random group of moderators Aaron- one fair, one non-existent, one completely out of control.  Very poor choices Aaron, very poor choices indeed.  Perhaps you should wake up for once and stick your nose in here a little more often.
IMG

Sinistron

I mean really- am I the only one conscious of the fact that the only time Aaron really upped and ERASED a post was when it was the post by Joe making fun of Aaron and his wife?  This is sooo taboo to speak about though- it was supposed to be hushed and swept under the rug.  Any reference I make to Joe's garbage is ignored- not owned up to.  Be quiet- mention nothing- maybe people will think Sini is crazy and is making it all up.  To me as well it was proof of how poor a choice you made in picking Joe Redifer for moderator- and I realized at that moment that if you weren't gonna strip him of his duties at that moment- that it was basically his stomping ground here- that you wouldn't moderate him for anything.  Who watches the Watchmen?  Certainly not Aaron.  Aaron's too busy watching planets in his telescope to give a shit what's going on down here.
IMG

PCEngineFX

After further consideration, FIGHTING STREET will remain open for forum members and moderation powers have been removed.
// Aaron Nanto | The Ultimate Resource for NEC Console Information!
Papa PCEFX 1997-2020 [Retired]
IMG
IMG

blueraven

Sparky

Opethian

HA_HA_HA,_OH_WOW.jpg
I approve of this decision :D
IMG

Sinistron

I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

=D&gt;
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Pcenginefx on 09/01/2010, 01:28 AMAfter further consideration, FIGHTING STREET will remain open for forum members and moderation powers have been removed. 
Holy shit, so no more moderation for an un-moderated forum for realz yo!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nat

Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Joe Redifer

No, it was TurboStar's moving missive to Aaron that did it.

But in truth it was nat who brought it up in the mod forum and me who suggested that all moderation powers be removed.

Tatsujin

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Sinistron

IMG

blueraven

Opethian

IMG

guyjin

NecroPhile

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Sparky

nat...... hugs  <<opens arms>>> you love it :P

Mathius

Nat, you rule! :D As do you Mr. Redifer.  8)