What happened to darkcityproductions.com? PC Engine fan page

Started by greg, 10/01/2010, 01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greg

I have attempted to contact the maintainer of one site that I miss, Darkcityproducions's Turbo Duo Page. This link is to web.archive.org's cache of the page. The guy had an awesome Valis website on that page. A lot of this stuff isn't surviving even on the web archive site. He had a great gallery of PC Engine CD-Rom error images that are not displaying in this cached version.

I pay for my own domain name and I have like a godzillion megabytes of storage space I'd never begin to fully utilize. I'd like to host this site as an archive on my own page. I've tried reaching out to the maintainer of this site, but even his hotmail account is gone.

Does anybody know what happened to darkcityproductions.com?

Keranu

I think he may have had a user name here and posted for awhile. I used to visit his site frequently!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

NecroPhile

The member in question is resident forum pirate Electrohaze, who still comes 'round here every now and again.  His site can now be found here.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

greg

I'm glad to see he's found a new location for his website. The links don't work though, since they are pointed back to his old domain name of darkcityproductions.com. Still, I'm glad to see a new home for the page and I hope he can restore it since it was a great source of information.

NecroPhile

Quote from: greg on 10/01/2010, 05:44 PMThe links don't work though, since they are pointed back to his old domain name of darkcityproductions.com.
The links on the left side and across the bottom are broken, but working versions of the same links can be found in the page body.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nat

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/01/2010, 04:16 PMThe member in question is resident forum pirate Electrohaze, who still comes 'round here every now and again.  His site can now be found here.
Note that his current user name here is "the haze."

As Necromancer said, he pops in here every now and then. That said, I have a way to contact him if you don't have any luck contacting him through the forum. He lives in my city.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

Sparky

Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/01/2010, 04:16 PMThe member in question is resident forum pirate Electrohaze,
A pirate? wow my dealings with him way back when were great, Hate to hear people turning to the Pirate ways.... hoooharrrr
IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

Nat has his own City?  WTF has the world come to?
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

nectarsis

Quote from: nat on 10/01/2010, 07:55 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 10/01/2010, 04:16 PMThe member in question is resident forum pirate Electrohaze, who still comes 'round here every now and again.  His site can now be found here.

As Necromancer said, he pops in here every now and then. That said, I have a way to contact him if you don't have any luck contacting him through the forum. He lives in my city.
I thought he was already living teh DJ life in japan?  :-k
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Ceti Alpha

Ah, haze. We were just talking about him today in shout. Great guy. :)
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

nat

Quote from: nectarsis on 10/05/2010, 02:21 PM
Quote from: nat on 10/01/2010, 07:55 PM

I thought he was already living teh DJ life in japan?  :-k
Maybe he is, I haven't talked to him in a long time. Last I talked to him he was still here in Seattle.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games

rag-time4

Tatsujin

lol that page was teh hazes one?. never knew that. I have most of the error-pictures from that page saved on my old PC somewhere.
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

the haze

Ha, did a search for "electrohaze" and I find this post. Highly amusing.  :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:  =D&gt;

8 years later, sure I'll respond.  :mrgreen:

I am still alive and kicken' doing the DJ thing here in Japan. My website is still up and sucks cus it's old.  :lol: :oops:

Sup  =P~

esteban

Quote from: the haze on 01/19/2018, 08:47 AMHa, did a search for "electrohaze" and I find this post. Highly amusing.  :lol: :dance: :lol: :dance:  =D&gt;

8 years later, sure I'll respond.  :mrgreen:

I am still alive and kicken' doing the DJ thing here in Japan. My website is still up and sucks cus it's old.  :lol: :oops:

Sup  =P~
I am pretty sure I mentioned this to you last time (or two) you were here, but I still have a CDR in my bookshelf with the "alternate Ys I & II" soundtrack on it (via snail mail).

That's gotta be 12+ years ago. Maybe 15+?

Anyway, a long time ago.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Arkhan Asylum

more like electrogays amirite.

shitty site.

shitty person.

shitty projects.

im helping on the latest shitty project.

were alllll shittyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyhgdf
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

the haze

Quote from: esteban on 01/19/2018, 03:38 PMI am pretty sure I mentioned this to you last time (or two) you were here, but I still have a CDR in my bookshelf with the "alternate Ys I & II" soundtrack on it (via snail mail).

That's gotta be 12+ years ago. Maybe 15+?

Anyway, a long time ago.
I love that CDR story. Pretty sure that was in like 15+ years ago.
and oh god that version sucks.  ](*,)
I didn't know what I was doing and used like really bad quality mp3s. It was all I had.
I am gonna redoing it now with proper lossless files and maybe a few new remixes some shit.  :dance:
Not sure yet.  :-k

It's all shitty...  :mrgreen:
but good shit.   8)

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: greg on 10/01/2010, 01:16 PMI have attempted to contact the maintainer of one site that I miss, Darkcityproducions's Turbo Duo Page. This link is to web.archive.org's cache of the page. The guy had an awesome Valis website on that page. A lot of this stuff isn't surviving even on the web archive site. He had a great gallery of PC Engine CD-Rom error images that are not displaying in this cached version.

I pay for my own domain name and I have like a godzillion megabytes of storage space I'd never begin to fully utilize. I'd like to host this site as an archive on my own page. I've tried reaching out to the maintainer of this site, but even his hotmail account is gone.

Does anybody know what happened to darkcityproductions.com?
I heard that the guy that ran DickCityProductions passed away after having an unnatural erection that lasted longer than 14 hours.  Well, at least that's what Ark told me.....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion/blackmail!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

the haze

Mathius

the haze

What's up Matt.

You brushing your teeth like a good boy?

ClodBusted

the haze

The Haze is greatly honored by this.  =D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;

So like, I am gonna do new great things on my shit old webpage, you will see.  :mrgreen:
Also, Ark better actually help me with shit.  ](*,)

Mathius

Quote from: the haze on 01/25/2018, 12:31 AMWhat's up Matt.

You brushing your teeth like a good boy?
Like that does me any good with the shipping containers full of Japanese candy you always send me.  :P

the haze

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, didn't you know? That's special dental candy.  :mrgreen:

Mathius

Quote from: the haze on 01/26/2018, 01:25 AM:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh, didn't you know? That's special dental candy.  :mrgreen:
I'll let you tell my teeth that when I ship them back to you as a "Thank You!"

VestCunt

Dark City's one-line reviews for the entire U.S. library remain one of the best things on the internet. Why we switched to watching idiots with webcams sitting in bedrooms lined with  unopened games as they struggle to construct sentences, I'll never know.
Topic Adjourned.

NoSexGex

Guys awesome, had a few cool contests on Facebook. Giving away some of his remastered discs
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

esteban

Quote from: VestCunt on 01/26/2018, 06:38 PMDark City's one-line reviews for the entire U.S. library remain one of the best things on the internet. Why we switched to watching idiots with webcams sitting in bedrooms lined with  unopened games as they struggle to construct sentences, I'll never know.
Go back to sleep, goddammit.

esteban

Quote from: NoSexGex on 01/26/2018, 06:50 PMGuys awesome, had a few cool contests on Facebook. Giving away some of his remastered discs
Goddamn Bookface! You can't lure me there with bribes like this (what is your Friendster page again?)

the haze

Quote from: VestCunt on 01/26/2018, 06:38 PMDark City's one-line reviews for the entire U.S. library remain one of the best things on the internet. Why we switched to watching idiots with webcams sitting in bedrooms lined with  unopened games as they struggle to construct sentences, I'll never know.
What?  :lol: :lol:  =P~

If I am gonna watch any webcams, trust me... it's not gonna have any games of any kind.  :mrgreen:
Really, webcams are boring.  ](*,)

Also, my reviews are ridiculous, I really should give em a once over and redo them... and like everything else.  :lol:

But, I'm lazy and would rather mess with music stuffs than an old ass webpage....  =P~

the haze

Quote from: esteban on 01/26/2018, 11:13 PMGoddamn Bookface! You can't lure me there with bribes like this (what is your Friendster page again?)
Join us.. it is your DESTINY.  =P~