OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Dark Souls Trailer PS3&360

Started by TR0N, 02/03/2011, 02:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Software official trailer is up the game is being called the spirital sequel to demon's souls.
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/02/01/dark_souls/

Rumors are it will be as hard as demon's souls if not more.

Wich i don't mind i was so addicted to ds becuase of it's diffculty and if dark souls is the same,then i'm in for a treat  :mrgreen:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SignOfZeta

Hmm...massive overuse of shaky cam and depth of field, a name I couldn't remember 10 minutes from now and an aesthetic with all the charisma of a socket wrench.

The only way they could have made this game less interesting to me is if they put space marines in place of the knights. This is (almost) everything I hate about modern gaming.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/03/2011, 03:06 AMHmm...massive overuse of shaky cam and depth of field, a name I couldn't remember 10 minutes from now and an aesthetic with all the charisma of a socket wrench.

The only way they could have made this game less interesting to me is if they put space marines in place of the knights. This is (almost) everything I hate about modern gaming.
Keep it up for how much you hate modern gaming or at least how much i see you rant here about it.While the trailer has caught my attention it just showing a early bulid of the game.Not to mention details at this point are sketchy for what the final product will be like.Untile,then i will reserve my judgement for when dark souls hit's retail.
IMG

NecroPhile

Quote from: TR0N on 02/03/2011, 03:24 AMKeep it up for how much you hate modern gaming or at least how much i see you rant here about it.
Don't mind Zeta - he hates everything.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

TR0N

Quote from: guest on 02/03/2011, 09:54 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/03/2011, 03:24 AMKeep it up for how much you hate modern gaming or at least how much i see you rant here about it.
Yeah over the years i've notice that.
IMG

esteban

He doesn't hate everything. That's unfair.

He hates all the crappy sludge publishers are trying to sell us these days. Like, say, Dark Souls.

:)

The trailer looks good, though.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

TR0N

Quote from: esteban on 02/05/2011, 12:47 PM
He doesn't hate everything. That's unfair.

He hates all the crappy sludge publishers are trying to sell us these days. Like, say, Dark Souls.

:)

The trailer looks good, though.
Right sure...he's all ready written the game off becuase the trailer.

I'm still interested in dark souls if it becomes what i want out of it.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Quote from: TR0N on 02/05/2011, 11:49 PMRight sure...he's all ready written the game off becuase the trailer.

WTF, man? If someone doesn't like what they see in this trailer, a dull soulless dungeon dirge, then what could possibly change between now and the final product? If "Demon Souls" (again, how could this name be more generic and less evocative of anything whatsoever?) ends up being the spiritual successor to Twinkle Star Sprites or something, the I'll be happy to admit I misjudged it, but I hope to God that with as much effort as they obviously put into this thing (too much) that what we see in this video is a pretty close approximation of the final product.

For an ultra lush Kings Field sort of game, its really impressive looking. I have to give it a lot of credit for not having a LotR license or a space marine or meters that monitor "combos" or "kills" or "blood" or "souls" or some shit. Obviously the graphics are really impressive, at least to me. The problem is that it looks like less fun than cleaning my garage or studying Proust. I think I can honestly say that I would much rather study Proust that play this game. It just isn't the sort of thing I would like, not even close, and unless the final product is unrecognizably different from this video (ie: you open up a treasure chest and Chun Li pops out) that isn't going to change.

This is a retro gaming forum. My response isn't that bizarre, is it? People here like Gate of Thunder and Kato and Ken, and Bonk and shit. This thing is not like that. I do play new games on occasion, but they tend to be DS or WiiWare or something like that.

Just watching this video gives me one of those headaches in my forehead that you get from trying too hard to stay awake, but hey, it least it isn't Ridge Racer Unbound. That thing is even more contemptible. Much more.
IMG

TR0N

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 02/06/2011, 12:46 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 02/05/2011, 11:49 PMRight sure...he's all ready written the game off becuase the trailer.

WTF, man? If someone doesn't like what they see in this trailer, a dull soulless dungeon dirge, then what could possibly change between now and the final product? If "Demon Souls" (again, how could this name be more generic and less evocative of anything whatsoever?) ends up being the spiritual successor to Twinkle Star Sprites or something, the I'll be happy to admit I misjudged it, but I hope to God that with as much effort as they obviously put into this thing (too much) that what we see in this video is a pretty close approximation of the final product.

For an ultra lush Kings Field sort of game, its really impressive looking. I have to give it a lot of credit for not having a LotR license or a space marine or meters that monitor "combos" or "kills" or "blood" or "souls" or some shit. Obviously the graphics are really impressive, at least to me. The problem is that it looks like less fun than cleaning my garage or studying Proust. I think I can honestly say that I would much rather study Proust that play this game. It just isn't the sort of thing I would like, not even close, and unless the final product is unrecognizably different from this video (ie: you open up a treasure chest and Chun Li pops out) that isn't going to change.

This is a retro gaming forum. My response isn't that bizarre, is it? People here like Gate of Thunder and Kato and Ken, and Bonk and shit. This thing is not like that. I do play new games on occasion, but they tend to be DS or WiiWare or something like that.

Just watching this video gives me one of those headaches in my forehead that you get from trying too hard to stay awake, but hey, it least it isn't Ridge Racer Unbound. That thing is even more contemptible. Much more.
Well your answer explains it then i just assume you had a bias towards modern gaming with the comments i've seen...from you as of late.I didn't even know you had a wii&ds currently.Yeah software went over the top with it's trailer for darksouls,but hey there in the business to make money.

Like any other developer you gota impress the consumer.Now "if you ask me" if i'm excited for dark souls yes i'm not gonna lie at at all.The most i'm hoping for is it offers a "challenge like what demon's souls gave me.Unlike most modern games today that give you to much of a helping hand.

Btw as for not giving a quick reponse to you eariler...i have been rather ill as late and i feel like crap lately.
IMG