@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

What's the best RGB/SCART set up for a PCE + CD-ROM2?

Started by GAUGE, 02/26/2011, 09:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAUGE

Mainly curious if you need to have the CD-ROM2 unit SCART modded, or the just the PC Engine (running the SCART from the console as opposed to running it from the CD-ROM2)? Would it even work just running from the PC Engine? Any info would be great, thanks!

grahf

It will work from just the PC Engine, but you wont get any CD audio.

GAUGE

Quote from: grahf on 02/27/2011, 07:13 AMIt will work from just the PC Engine, but you wont get any CD audio.
But I'd hook up the audio from the CD-ROM2 to get the sound, right?

How would I get the sound from a SCART modded PC Engine connected to a SCART-Component converter? Wouldn't I need a SCART TV to get the sound through the SCART connection?

Sorry if these seem like really basic questions, I'm just curious about how this would all work if I were to pick up a SCART PC Engine. Again, any advice is appreciated!

grahf

Well yeah, good point. That would work. You could get the video from the PCE, the audio from the RCAs on the IFU-30, and do whatever you want with it (including combining them into one SCART connector if you want). 

I have an SCART-HDMI converter myself, and it has a few millisecond audio delay built into it. This is to compensate for the encoding delay (which is barely noticeable anyway). For that reason, I feed my audio though the encoder. You probably don't need to worry about this.

Duo_R

With that setup don't worry about inputting the audio into the cart converter, let the converter produce the component video, and feed the audio from the CD unit straight to the TV.

The RGB to YUV converters don't output audio so that actually makes a CD unit an easy way to use (don't need to mod the converter).

Quote from: GAUGE on 02/27/2011, 10:51 AM
Quote from: grahf on 02/27/2011, 07:13 AMIt will work from just the PC Engine, but you wont get any CD audio.
But I'd hook up the audio from the CD-ROM2 to get the sound, right?

How would I get the sound from a SCART modded PC Engine connected to a SCART-Component converter? Wouldn't I need a SCART TV to get the sound through the SCART connection?

Sorry if these seem like really basic questions, I'm just curious about how this would all work if I were to pick up a SCART PC Engine. Again, any advice is appreciated!
Add my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/sOg93QUtlg0
For sale trade list: https://tinyurl.com/2csm7kq