Pier Solar, finally

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 03/21/2011, 06:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Agreed - sounds like they're gonna have lots of chiefs and not many braves.  I'd like to know the numbers, though; how much investment does it take to get a 'free investor edition' of the game?  $100?  $1000?  $10000?!?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Arkhan Asylum

Watermelon may give Super Retard Team a run for their money as far as being idiots in the homebrew for old as fuck stuff department.

I think it's all just a bullshit ploy to get cash from people stupid enough to do it.   What better way to do it than to make a mockery of homebrew.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

CrackTiger

Unfortunately, this is just one more sign that making new Genesis/Mega Drive games isn't as much of a passion project for them as it is driven by other motivations.

At least we get new games in the end.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/17/2012, 09:56 AMUnfortunately, this is just one more sign that making new Genesis/Mega Drive games isn't as much of a passion project for them as it is driven by other motivations.

At least we get new games in the end.
I dunno wtf you even call what they're doing right now.

Retarded is one way to say it, I guess.

Maybe they think they're the great architects...? or something?

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

OldMan

In my opinion, they saw what Tim Schaefer (sp?) did to raise money for his new point-n-click adventure, and thought "Gee, we could do that. Get all the money up front, and make another game..."

The problem I see is that they don't have the track record Schaefer does :) Or any idea of what kind of game it will be :)

Arkhan Asylum

Not having the track record is a bit of an understatement.

They've got one long, disheveled release that was full of issues that made them look kind of lame.

This reminds me of that game Project Entropia.

That game sucked.

Starfighter

I got stuck on the last boss. As it turns out I grinded too little (who can blame me, it was flat out boring) and then there was no way back - I had to start over from the beginning. Which I sure as pooples didn't, because the game was... well. Pooples. I got my name in the manual though, lucky me......

bartre

PS is pretty good.
that said, i have no idea why people want to pay $200+ for it.
honestly, if i was going to spend that kind of money all at once on gaming, I'd net myself a copy of something great, maybe even more than one, perhaps coryoon double dragon ii and spriggan.
ah well, to each their own.

Joe Redifer

Here is an update from Magical Game Factory (what Watermelon is calling themselves now, I guess):

*MGF does not work like an auction, where only the vote of highest "bidder" matters. It works (sort of) like a stock company, where a majority of the stock holders take the decision. The money is NOT wasted for those who picked a "losing option", as the money will still be converted to games when the project is over. For now, when Project Y has the poll about console, you could say an investor could join because he would want just a new WaterMelon game. Then, after console is choosen, it's time for genre. Then people who are interested in the winning console may join because it's already decided it will be a game for that console.

*MGF will have the passion of Pier Solar, but in a different way. Project Y will be very different, as it's a project started in the Factory. Project SF was started inhouse and will be more like Pier Solar. WaterMelon already has a bunch of concepts shelved for various genres, many could fit well for Project Y if that's what the Investors want.

*You aren't paying for vaporware. If that was the case, online auctions would also be vaporware until you have the items in your hands, because the seller can decide to ship it anytime he wants.

*You can't exactly choose the protagonist to be a Goatse sprite before some other things are choosen. You don't exactly decide everything on a game the first week of development. You begin selecting console, then genre, then style etc. and go on, step, by step.

Someone else responded with:
"Why such explanation couldn't have been given before, in the same day that the e-mail was delivered?"

Which MGF replied: "Because the many misunderstandings of the concept wasn't there then."  They seriously did not see this coming.

Then Black Tiger asked an excellent question which went unanswered:

Quote from: CrackTigerDo investors get credit towards copies of the eventual game? Like if some buys $50 of gems will they receive a copy of the final game free of charge and will someone who pays $1000 receive 20 copies of the game or $1000 worth of Pier Solar game, soundtrack and any other Watermelon products?

Arkhan Asylum

MGF

"Moronic Genesis Fuckups"

I thought Super Fighter Team , headed by Brandon "I did everything first" Cobb, was retarded

Then these chucklefucks go and do this.

"Auctions are vaporware"  <<< No.  People can see the fucking item they're buying.  This logic means everythings vaporware until you buy it.  Do we want these people making us games?

The Passion of Pier Solar ?  So, long dev cycle, followed by treating the disgruntled paying customers like shit for a few weeks, followed by being apologetic wangs?

This is retarded.

I'm glad I went with releasing retarded arcade clones.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/17/2012, 08:23 PMI thought Super Fighter Team , headed by Brandon "I did everything first" Cobb, was retarded
He is, and Watermelon publicly called him out about his shitty ways on the forum.  Then they go and do something even more retarded.

Since Tulio has me in his circle on Google+, I actually signed in and responded to his announcement.  This is the most use I've ever gotten out of Google+, but they have said that they are only paying attention to what goes on on their own forums now and I knew he'd see this:

IMG

He did respond by saying that the amount spent of Gems was 1:1 but then he went 'round and round and somehow said that it would cost less, I dunno.  Then he thanked me for having an opinion.

Arkhan Asylum

Joe.

You are no longer a pussy.

OldRover

This whole thing stinks of MegaScam.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Joe Redifer

Well here's more.  This will surprise no one.

I was just perusing Watermelon's shitty forum and I saw this:

IMG

Zebbe is a member of the Watermelon team.  What every person with more than 3 brain cells already knew and Watermelon vehemently denied is finally revealed.  The original CDs were shit not because the Sega CD was so old, but because the CDs themselves were shit.  They've been "fixed" now.  Bottom line:  Don't trust a god damn thing these morons say because they WILL lie to you.

OldRover

You're right... not surprising at all. That "old hardware" excuse was so lame. I can't believe there was anyone who actually believed it. Hell, I ran low-quality CDRs on my old Sega CD unit and they worked flawlessly.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Mathius

Wish it weren't so but the evidence speaks.

What is the deal with these modern homebrew teams? NG.dev.team has been boycotted by the MGC staff for reasons unknown to me. What I do know is that they were not giving credit to to a guy that helped them in the development of some of their earlier releases. He had some kind of special software that he himself created and offered it to NG.Dev.Team for free. There is a much larger story here but I haven't been enlightened yet.

Starfighter

Quote from: bartre on 02/17/2012, 07:19 PMPS is pretty good.
that said, i have no idea why people want to pay $200+ for it.
honestly, if i was going to spend that kind of money all at once on gaming, I'd net myself a copy of something great, maybe even more than one, perhaps coryoon double dragon ii and spriggan.
ah well, to each their own.
What in the fuckery of ass?! I had no idea it sells for that kind of amounts! :O I paid around $40 (incl shipping) for mine and thought it would only decrease in value.. Maybe I should sell mine and buy something fun instead.

Arkhan Asylum

I already knew they lie.

They're a bunch of dicktouchers.

They lied like 30 times already.

Starfighter

Arkhan: Tell them what you feel man, that's better than to build up anger in a forum far away from the source of the problem.

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: Starfighter on 02/18/2012, 12:03 PMArkhan: Tell them what you feel man, that's better than to build up anger in a forum far away from the source of the problem.
Id rather not waste my time on jackasses.

Starfighter

Drink beer instead. That's a one way ticket to happy land!

Edit: You should come, it's very nice here! We have... well, we have beer. And... yeah.

Edit 2: I got it! We also have... oh right, I said beer.

cabbage

Quote from: Starfighter on 02/18/2012, 06:25 PMDrink beer instead. That's a one way ticket to happy land!
:lol:
Seriously, Arkhan, you need to chill out every once in a while, or you're going to start releasing a bunch of shoddy homebrew reprints and lying to your customers or something!

Arkhan Asylum

beer sucks. GATORADE IS BETTER

guyjin

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 02/18/2012, 10:13 AMThey're a bunch of dicktouchers.
Hey! that's an insult to Dicktouchers!