10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Looking for a Turbo duo us version to replace mine trade turbo express & cash

Started by Dusk85Z28, 04/06/2011, 09:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dusk85Z28

I have heard back from the repair guy and he says the previous owner put all of the wrong caps in it, prfetty much damaging it, so im looking for a us duo, please pm me with a selling price. thanks in advance

Also if someone wants my broken duo as a partial trade for some reason that too can be arranged, it works but it will need speakers plugged into the headphone jack to get sound
1200 games and counting

Current cars:
05 gmc envoy
00 gmc sonoma
85 z28 camaro

SignOfZeta

IMG

BlueBMW

[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Dusk85Z28

A local guy, however the previous owner who shot the whole system was off ebay, go figure   [-(
1200 games and counting

Current cars:
05 gmc envoy
00 gmc sonoma
85 z28 camaro

SignOfZeta

I'm not sure how installing the wrong caps could destroy the system though. Doing a bad job of it, obviously the sky's the limit there.

I suggest sending it to one of the repair people here, or at least post some scans of the PCB.
IMG

OldMan

Quoteit works but it will need speakers plugged into the headphone jack to get sound
Can't you just re-route the headphone out to the audio jacks?
Dunno, I'm not an expert at this, but it seems that if the headphones work, the sound circuit is working. If that's true, you can probably catch the audio before the headphone amp, and connect it to the audio out jacks. Might be more to it than that, though.

(Heck, if it were me, I'd add a set of rca jacks with the headphone out going to them, coming off the headphone connections. Put a couple of pots in to control the level, and use that for the audio. Beats buying a whole new duo...)

nat

Or, for the least money/effort, you could just buy one of these and be done with it.
Wayback - thebrothersduomazov.com - Reviews of over 400 TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine games