@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Bonk Tattoo

Started by CrackTiger, 09/04/2005, 10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

This is the day after getting it inked. I think it'll look pretty good after it's healed.
IMG
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

pcefreak

Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself.

lord_cack

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "Don't eat the Bonk!" :lol:  :shock:
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

TR0N

Quote from: CrackTiger on 09/04/2005, 10:53 PMThis is the day after getting it inked. I think it'll look pretty good after it's healed.
IMG
Cute i bet D-lite would get a kick out of that :wink:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

jlued686

That...is hard...fucking...core.

Wow.

You are the man!

CrackTiger

I think that my next Turbo related tattoo is going to be Bomberman next to Bonk.

I also have the non-satanic(right side up star) pentagram from Shaft's boss fight in Dracula X on my shoulder.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

lord_cack

Quote from: "CrackTiger"I also have the non-satanic(right side up star) pentagram from Shaft's boss fight in Dracula X on my shoulder.

Non-Satanic, aren't they all?
A dark tide will rise and she will walk again. He is coming.....

Keranu

Oh man, that tattoo ROCKS! You are the man! Bonk!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

esteban

HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD YESTERDAY??????? !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I think that you are one of the few, IF ONLY, folks on earth with TurboTattoos! Seriously. If you get a chance, I'm sure we'd all like to see the one on your shoulder. :D
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Keranu

Go for it, mahn!
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG

pcefreak

Quote from: CrackTiger on 09/04/2005, 10:53 PMThis is the day after getting it inked. I think it'll look pretty good after it's healed.
IMG
Here are some ideas for tattoos that might complement the one you have...
/starparodia01.jpg

Tribute to the little system that could..., the PC Engine(Known in the U.S. as Turbo Grafx 16)
/bonk305.jpg

Now if you are special, not that there is anything wrong with it..., this one might do the trick.
/lol.gif /laugh2.gif /lol1.gif /lol2.gif
Everyone fights, no one quits. If you don't do your job, I'll shoot you myself.

Ninja Spirit

Damn that's tight.

Knew a guy (been dead for a few years) that had several cool looking Megaman tattoos

CrackTiger

Quote from: stevek666HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD YESTERDAY??????? !!!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, I think that you are one of the few, IF ONLY, folks on earth with TurboTattoos! Seriously.
Bonk was a quickie to hold me over until my appointment with my regular tattoo artist in a couple weeks. I searched the net for pics the night before and my service went down just as I was bringing up an old friend's online photo album to see what pic he used for his Bonk tattoo.

I went ahead with the pose from the PC(computer) cover, figuring it'd be the most obscure.

It turns out that its exactly the same as he used. Here's his along with several other Turbo tattoos(he also has Neo Geo, Sonic, Mario, Nightstalkers, Quake II, etc... tattoos).

/stevetat1.jpg
/stevetat2.jpg
/stevetat3.jpg
/stevetat4.jpg
/stevetat5.jpg

These belong to Steve Spisak in CT.

Keranu

Oh man, those tatoos are BADASS! I love the Lords one! Air Zonk was pretty damn sweet too.
IMG

Odonadon

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that althought that Bonk tattoo is awesome, the dude with Airzonk, Bomberman, and Lords of Thunder tat's is way over the top.  I'm talking out to lunch. :)

OD

Keranu

It's awesome to get tatoos of Turbo games outside of Japan because a lot of people won't really recognise them and might think they are pretty cool actually, and the people that do recognise them will give you a hardcore gamer to talk to. ;)
IMG

OldRover

Quote from: "lord_cack"
Quote from: "CrackTiger"I also have the non-satanic(right side up star) pentagram from Shaft's boss fight in Dracula X on my shoulder.

Non-Satanic, aren't they all?
Quick lil symbology lesson for y'all here...

Neither the pentacle nor the pentagram are "Satanic" symbols, they're ancient pagan symbols describing two distinct ways of life. The five points represent what they considered the five elements of the universe: fire, water, earth, air, and spirit. The pentacle has its spirit point upwards to represent "the triumph of spirit over matter". The pentagram has its earth point downwards to represent "gratification of earthly pleasures". Contrary to popular belief, the pentagram is NOT an inverted pentacle...it's actually rotated 72 degrees. Neopagan Satanism (Levayism) uses a modified version of the pentagram with the head of Baphomet (one of the four infernal names, alongside Leviathan, Satan, and Belial) overlaid onto the symbol...it's a sign of the religion. However, Levayism isn't what most people would be considered "Satanic"...it's a religion of self-worship and freedom...when people think of "Satanism", what they're thinking of is "Cultism"...an anti-Christian psuedo-religion that does all kinds of stupid and "evil" things, such as killing cats, enslaving people, and using witchcraft for the wrong reasons. True Satanists (theistic ones who follow the god Sat-Tan, "The All And The One", "Creator Of The Cosmos") and Levayists (ones who follow the teachings of the late Anton LeVay) are nothing like the "Satanists" you see in pop culture or hear about from Christian leaders.

Those are some badass tattoos...maybe I'll get a tattoo of Rumi on my arm. :D
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

Keranu

A tatoo of the whole board from Devil's Crush on my entire back would be so badass.
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: "Keranu"A tatoo of the whole board from Devil's Crush on my entire back would be so badass.

Better yet, a black shaded Alien Crush with red highlights(for eyes and such).

Keranu

Ooh, very nice.
IMG

esteban

OK, here's the final verdict: the Air Zonk tattoo rules. it's the best. in general, I don't like tattooed text, but the air zonk text is so sweet that it just works very nicely with the lounging Zonk above it.

BRAVO!

Ninja Spirit

Quote from: stevek666OK, here's the final verdict: the Air Zonk tattoo rules. it's the best. in general, I don't like tattooed text, but the air zonk text is so sweet that it just works very nicely with the lounging Zonk above it.

BRAVO!
Not trying to double team on you CrackTiger, I know you'll have to spend the rest of your life with those and you cannot change them, but I honestly have to agree with Steve a bit on the text and say you're kinda better off with just the characters. If you were to encounter more Turbo fans in public, the fun part is hearing the name of the game passing the lips of the person as they guess what game the character that's on your shoulder is from.

Ahhh the psychological shift of old school 2-D fans in a mainstream gaming world. In the outside world, it's like being on a desert island. You think you're the last one left.

Keranu

I thought the Air Zonk tattoo ruled all around in general.

I'm getting J.J. and Jeff tattoos.
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: "Ninja Spirit"
Quote from: "stevek666"OK, here's the final verdict: the Air Zonk tattoo rules. it's the best. in general, I don't like tattooed text, but the air zonk text is so sweet that it just works very nicely with the lounging Zonk above it.

BRAVO!

Not trying to double team on you black tiger, I know you'll have to spend the rest of your life with those and you cannot change them, but I honestly have to agree with Steve a bit on the text and say you're kinda better off with just the characters. If you were to encounter more Turbo fans in public, the fun part is hearing the name of the game passing the lips of the person as they guess what game the character that's on your shoulder is from.

Ahhh the psychological shift of old school 2-D fans in a mainstream gaming world. In the outside world, it's like being on a desert island. You think you're the last one left.

Like I said, only the first tattoo is mine.

If I did get a Zonk tattoo, I wouldn't get the logo either. I'm not that big a Zonk fan and am not a fan of the logo.

For the right image I'd get a title(like Forgotton Worlds, or Daimakaimura, Side Arms, SFIICE etc...), or I'd just get the title, like maybe just Daimakaimura.

Keranu

The Daimaikaimura title is pretty awesome.
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: "Keranu"The Daimaikaimura title is pretty awesome.

I'd get the entire japanese flyer across my back if the space wasn't already taken.

I wish Black Tiger/Dragon had a classic poster like that.

CrackTiger

Quote from: stevek666HOW DID I MISS THIS THREAD YESTERDAY??????? !!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, I think that you are one of the few, IF ONLY, folks on earth with TurboTattoos! Seriously. If you get a chance, I'm sure we'd all like to see the one on your shoulder. :D

/pentagram1.jpg
IMG
This was one of my first tattoos and wasn't done very well.

Back then, the internet hadn't really taken off and it was years before I got a Sega Netlink, let alone a PC.

I just really loved Drac X and Turbo/PCE, even though I thought that I was the only one left in the world.

Keranu

That's still pretty cool looking.
IMG

esteban

Quote from: "CrackTiger"This was one of my first tattoos and wasn't done very well.
Hey, I stupidly allowed a dude I knew to use me a "training canvas" because I'd get the tattoos for free.  I love the designs he did, BUT HE f**ked up and gave me a bunch of scars as well.

Overall, I wouldn't have done it any differently -- I'm just glad I didn't get too many tattoos from this dude. BONUS: I can't remember his real name. Just his nickname: "Turtle". I kid you not.

CrackTiger

Quote from: stevek666
Quote from: CrackTigerThis was one of my first tattoos and wasn't done very well.
Hey, I stupidly allowed a dude I knew to use me a "training canvas" because I'd get the tattoos for free.  I love the designs he did, BUT HE f**ked up and gave me a bunch of scars as well.

Overall, I wouldn't have done it any differently -- I'm just glad I didn't get too many tattoos from this dude. BONUS: I can't remember his real name. Just his nickname: "Turtle". I kid you not.
Ya, I have a tattoo kit and just need an autoclave before finding people stupid enough to let me practice on them. Its looking like my brother will probably be the guinea pig.

Keranu

Haha, Turtle. That's the kind of nick name you would hear in the 80's towards some fat slow kid of the gang or something.
IMG

TJ

That Bonk tattoo is very nice. I'm a professional tattoo artist (www.needlefreaks.com) and my right lower leg is all videogame tattoos...I have the entire sleeve planned out but I'm just getting them one at a time. I don't have photos right this minute but I've got the 'S' logo from Super Metroid, a Space Invader, Morrigan from Darkstalkers (which is outlined and shaded but still needs color), and a flaming Atari 2600 joystick with a banner that says 'GAMER.'

Once Morrigan is finished, next will be an original Donkey Kong and DK Jr. piece I designed, then future additions will include the Fox Hound logo from Metal Gear, the original Centipede arcade side art, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I don't wanna tell you about for fear of someone ripping off my ideas ;P

I've also done a couple of gamer tattoos on my friend Brad who owned an arcade. I did the original Pac-Man arcade side art on his calf, and one of the Shadowlords from the Joust arcade marquee on his left shoulder.

At one point I wanted to start a website devoted to videogame tattoos; if I ever go through with it, I'll definitely contact you =)

CrackTiger

Quote from: TJThat Bonk tattoo is very nice. I'm a professional tattoo artist (www.needlefreaks.com) and my right lower leg is all videogame tattoos...I have the entire sleeve planned out but I'm just getting them one at a time. I don't have photos right this minute but I've got the 'S' logo from Super Metroid, a Space Invader, Morrigan from Darkstalkers (which is outlined and shaded but still needs color), and a flaming Atari 2600 joystick with a banner that says 'GAMER.'

Once Morrigan is finished, next will be an original Donkey Kong and DK Jr. piece I designed, then future additions will include the Fox Hound logo from Metal Gear, the original Centipede arcade side art, and a whole bunch of other stuff that I don't wanna tell you about for fear of someone ripping off my ideas ;P

I've also done a couple of gamer tattoos on my friend Brad who owned an arcade. I did the original Pac-Man arcade side art on his calf, and one of the Shadowlords from the Joust arcade marquee on his left shoulder.

At one point I wanted to start a website devoted to videogame tattoos; if I ever go through with it, I'll definitely contact you =)
Cool man. The guy who has all those tattoos I posted has a Morrigan tattoo with her little sister.

I love Donkey Kong Junior(I play DK3 the most), the flyers for it have my favorite classic Mario style art and I used one on my
MAME cabinet.

I know what you mean about being paranoid about losing tattoo ideas/original flash. 90% of my tattoos are originals which I design myself. Thats why I don't post scans of the original art online.

Keranu

Quote from: "TJ"That Bonk tattoo is very nice. I'm a professional tattoo artist (www.needlefreaks.com) and my right lower leg is all videogame tattoos...I have the entire sleeve planned out but I'm just getting them one at a time. I don't have photos right this minute but I've got the 'S' logo from Super Metroid, a Space Invader, Morrigan from Darkstalkers (which is outlined and shaded but still needs color), and a flaming Atari 2600 joystick with a banner that says 'GAMER.'

I would hope that there is room for a Turbo tat in the future  8) .
IMG

TJ

Quote from: "Keranu"I would hope that there is room for a Turbo tat in the future  8) .

Oh there's always room. ^_^ I think the cartoon PCE console in the manuals is probably the one for me.

Keranu

Hey that's a pretty cool one to have. You could use the cartoon HuCard and CD as well.
IMG