@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

My Turbografx-16 collection scare

Started by DesmondThe3rd, 05/11/2011, 01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DesmondThe3rd

I recently got a lot of rain here in my neck of the woods and my place actually got flooded for the first time ever. Fortunately, I was able to catch it in time before it did too much damage but it was a pretty nasty scare and I made me think twice about how I store my games. Now I make sure nothing is on ground, I'm checking that my sump-pump is always working the way it should, and letting others know that if a flood happens while your away to get some stuff out of there while they can. I'm also making a video of my current TG-16 collection just to be safe encase something bad really happens. I know talking about this is kind of a downer but hopefully no one loses their collection to something like this.
or
http://blip.tv/file/5130187

hizaygizirlz

Glad you were able to catch it and save some stuff Desmond.

Last July we got a ton of rain here and they closed something at the water plant so Chicago wouldn't flood, but it did tons of damage to the suburbs.  Water got about 2.5-3ft high in our basement in some sections.  I was able to catch most of my stuff to, but i forgot about some complete NES games and the boxes/manuals got ruined.

We did get some FIMA money, but I used it to play down debt instead of replacing the boxes.  It is something I need to get around to soon.

It really makes you nervous everytime there is tons and tons of rain, but like you mentioned you learn to keep everything really really high off the floor.
Gypsies did it.

Got no luv for the krackers only slugs for the krackers!

NecroPhile

Aww, man.  Good thing your Turbob collection survived, and I hope your insurance company covers the cleanup/repairs to your home.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: hizaygizirlz on 05/11/2011, 01:14 PMGlad you were able to catch it and save some stuff Desmond.

Last July we got a ton of rain here and they closed something at the water plant so Chicago wouldn't flood, but it did tons of damage to the suburbs.  Water got about 2.5-3ft high in our basement in some sections.  I was able to catch most of my stuff to, but i forgot about some complete NES games and the boxes/manuals got ruined.

We did get some FIMA money, but I used it to play down debt instead of replacing the boxes.  It is something I need to get around to soon.

It really makes you nervous everytime there is tons and tons of rain, but like you mentioned you learn to keep everything really really high off the floor.
That sucks that you lost some games there, floods are the worst.

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: guest on 05/11/2011, 01:21 PMAww, man.  Good thing your Turbob collection survived, and I hope your insurance company covers the cleanup/repairs to your home.
I'll hope so, knowing them there would be some kinda catch.

BlueBMW

Glad your Turbo Collection survived!  Mines on the second story of house at the top of a hill, so hopefully flood waters will not be a problem  (if they are.... we're buildin an ark!)

Nice Turbo Collection :D  Makes mine a bit jealous :lol:
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SignOfZeta

Yeah, I live on a hill too. My basement ceiling is 10 feet high and it never floods.

I'm one of the lucky ones though. I have a friend who got semi-wiped out by that bitch Katrina. It ruined a lot of his shit.
IMG

RR1980

oh remember that guy from Australia last year who lost his entire retro gaming collection in that flood they had?

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: BlueBMW on 05/11/2011, 10:42 PMGlad your Turbo Collection survived!  Mines on the second story of house at the top of a hill, so hopefully flood waters will not be a problem  (if they are.... we're buildin an ark!)

Nice Turbo Collection :D  Makes mine a bit jealous :lol:
I'm liking the idea of an ark. Thanks for watching!

Mathius

Good to know that everything is ok Starsoldier! :)

TGX16

Most of my collection is on the second floor of my house and the rest is high up on the wall above my computer table so I can see it all the time.......sigh!!!!!!!! oh my little babies.........mmmm uchi cuchi cu.....Ahm hrmm..! :D
No risk of a flood though we do have a small stream close by but it never overflow enough to be any danger to our house (Thank God)
But I know about the feeling of loosing stuff to the power of nature, Had some gaming stuff out in the Garage when one stormy night the doors to it blow opend and the rain and wind destroyed a complete collection of a swedish Nintendo 8-bit magazine from around 1987-88 plus a lot of other stuff stored in a box standing close to the doors, It was just a big water soaked lump of paper in the morning :(

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: Mathius on 05/12/2011, 01:43 PMGood to know that everything is ok Starsoldier! :)
Thanks dude

DesmondThe3rd

Quote from: TGX16 on 05/12/2011, 02:07 PMMost of my collection is on the second floor of my house and the rest is high up on the wall above my computer table so I can see it all the time.......sigh!!!!!!!! oh my little babies.........mmmm uchi cuchi cu.....Ahm hrmm..! :D
No risk of a flood though we do have a small stream close by but it never overflow enough to be any danger to our house (Thank God)
But I know about the feeling of loosing stuff to the power of nature, Had some gaming stuff out in the Garage when one stormy night the doors to it blow opend and the rain and wind destroyed a complete collection of a swedish Nintendo 8-bit magazine from around 1987-88 plus a lot of other stuff stored in a box standing close to the doors, It was just a big water soaked lump of paper in the morning :(
That sucks, I loved collecting vintage magazines too like old Nintendo Powers so I know how amazing they can be. Hopefully there was some insurance on the damages when it happened?

Eltigro

I remember a story about a guy who's house flooded or something, and his SNES was saved.  He always stored it in a plastic tote and when the water came in, the SNES in the tote just floated on top of the water.

blueraven

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd"I recently got a lot of rain here"
Shit.