@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Laseractive/Laserdisc board suggestion

Started by PunkCryborg, 06/11/2011, 01:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PunkCryborg

Is there any interest in adding a board dedicated to the Laseractive and Laserdiscs? There are a bunch of LD movie collectors on here and it would be nice to have a place to trade movies and talk about the Laseractive and its games. There is a lot this topic in the chat but it needs a place to call home around here. Buying movies is kind of a pain and it seems a lot of people have a nice small collection so we could have a really sweet trading post for movies.
Thanks!!

nectarsis

If it would get the CONSTANT babbling about it out of chat more I'd be ALL for it.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

BlueBMW

Quote from: nectarsis on 06/11/2011, 01:37 PMIf it would get the CONSTANT babbling about it out of chat more I'd be ALL for it.
:cry: nectar doesn't like our LD/LA talk.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

PunkCryborg

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/11/2011, 02:08 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 06/11/2011, 01:37 PMIf it would get the CONSTANT babbling about it out of chat more I'd be ALL for it.
that's cause he's missing out on all the fun :D

nectarsis

Quote from: elabit on 06/11/2011, 02:21 PM
that's cause he's missing out on all the fun :D
I hardly call it missing out....just WAY overdone/overrated.

TheClash603

Laseractive sucks.  I don't think this is a good idea.  I will help even further by taking all of the other members' crappy LA stuff off their hands.

BlueBMW

I guess the root cause of all this is a real lack of an LA dedicated forum.  I haven't found one yet.  We just seem to have several people here interested in LA and other obscure consoles.  Ill shut up about them since it seems to be a great annoyance to a lot of people here.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

SuperDeadite

i don't see the need.  topics would be few.  chatbox is fine
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

TheClash603

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 06/30/2011, 10:04 AMi don't see the need.  topics would be few.  chatbox is fine
I disagree, I think it would be TOO popular.  That could be okay, but I wouldn't want to see the server crashed with the influx of rabid Laseractive fans.

Saibot

Nectarsis is just being the grouchy old man trying to piss in everyone's cheerios :)

It is a variation of turbo hardware, like it or not. I don't see the problem with discussing it or any other consoles, including Jaguar. If we start making too many rules about what we can talk about and what we can't, it's just going to drive people away.

CGQuarterly

I think that there are too many sub-forums as it is.  Do we really need separate forums for the TG-16 and the PCE?  In my opinion, the only forums that we need are:

TurboGrafx / PCE Discussion
PC-FX Discussion
Sales & Trades
Hardware / Mods Discussion
General Gaming (non NEC) Discussion
Off-Topic / Chit-Chat

Just talk about the laseractive in the console chat forum.

Chris

guyjin

yeah, a lazerdisc thread in chit chat and/or lazeractive thread in the PCE forum would work, methinks.

NecroPhile

I say FUCK NO!  Next thing you know we'll have people clamoring for dedicated areas for every console or blu-rays/DVDs/CEDs or nectar's My Little Pony collection.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

PunkCryborg

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2011, 03:20 PMI say FUCK NO!  Next thing you know we'll have people clamoring for dedicated areas for every console or blu-rays/DVDs/CEDs or nectar's My Little Pony collection.
Well I guess I won't be suggesting a Nuon board after all.......

nectarsis

Quote from: Saibot on 07/01/2011, 09:15 AMNectarsis is just being the grouchy old man trying to piss in everyone's cheerios :)

It is a variation of turbo hardware, like it or not. I don't see the problem with discussing it or any other consoles, including Jaguar. If we start making too many rules about what we can talk about and what we can't, it's just going to drive people away.
Hardly :P

Yet it is one of the only things talked about regularly, to much by many peoples count ;)

Quote from: guest on 07/01/2011, 03:20 PMI say FUCK NO!  Next thing you know we'll have people clamoring for dedicated areas for every console or blu-rays/DVDs/CEDs or nectar's My Little Pony collection.
#-o My secret collection is outed  :evil:

blueraven

I agree with Nectarsis. The Laseractive/Virtualboy/NUON&OtherFAIL7gamesystems babble is a joke in chat.

However, I also agree with NecroPhile that the last thing i'd like to see is people posting about that nonsense.

Maybe we can have a discussion board EXCLUSIVELY about how lame the new V series was on cable... or maybe we could just

PLAY TURBOB & OBEY PCE

BlueBMW

Quote from: nectarsis on 07/02/2011, 01:36 AMHardly :P

Yet it is one of the only things talked about regularly, to much by many peoples count ;)

Hahahahaha!

I guess it seems to me, the topics of discussion are usually depending on the people doing the discussing.  If there's not enough turbo / pce talk, then it probably means the more hardcore turbo/pce guys arent online.  When Saibot is on, you can bet there will be obscure system chat happening.  When Arkhan is on, you can count on random gibberish.  When chop, steve, blueraven and I get on, you can count on some tech talk.  When trevpwnsnoobs is on you know he'll be asking for something for free :lol:

My point is, we need more of the hardcore turbo guys online more in order to generate more turbo related chat / discussion.  I'm guilty of talking about just about everything, so I'm not much help on the matter.

TheClash603

If more people talked about the Camp California soundtrack, then I assume the Laseractive talk would die down considerably.

But seriously, I am sure I am going to get blasted for this, but...  the Laseractive is much more of a NEC/PCE machine than the Super Grafx ever was.  There are more games made for it that genuinely use the PCE hardware capabilities (the overlays), and it can play all the old games just like the Super Grafx.  So to all of the complainers that also like to talk about the Super Grafx, I refer to you as hypocrites!

Saibot

That's it. It's settled. I think we should just talk about sex all the time.

geralds

Lol i think we should have a sub form at least for because it is t16/pce hardware but thats about as far as i would like to see it go.

PunkCryborg

SuperDeadite

TheClash603

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 07/04/2011, 09:01 PM
Quote from: elabit on 07/04/2011, 05:42 PMThis place should be renamed pcenginelaseractivefx.com
FIXED: pcenginevirtualcameramanfx.com
Very nice :)

I will take the lack of a rebuttal to my Laseractive vs. Super Grafx factoid as a surrender by all the naysayers.  As no rebuttal exists, the numbers speak for themselves.

blueraven

Supergrafx wins because it is super.

Saibot

New name PcEngineSex.com

If you don't want sex in the ass, you came to the wrong place.

NecroPhile

Quote from: TheClash603 on 07/02/2011, 03:42 PMBut seriously, I am sure I am going to get blasted for this, but...  the Laseractive is much more of a NEC/PCE machine than the Super Grafx ever was.
Interesting topic, but did NEC/Hudson actually have anything to do with the LD-ROM2 side of the hardware?  From wikipedia (so you know it's 100% true), the format was created in the mid-80s by Philips for an new multimedia version of the Domesday Book (11th century survey); similar to the LA, it used video on the LD and an Acorn computer for control and overlays.

In other words, the SuperGrafx is superior because it's all NEC/Hudson; the LaserActive is slightly less awesome because it involved clog-wearing windmill-builders.

Saibot

What? Oh come on, everybody knows all the best serial killers are dutch people.

They make great chocolate too...

turbogrfxfan

I second this cause im sick of F@#kin hearing about it.  It killed the live thread imo.
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: BlueBMW on 07/02/2011, 08:58 AM
Quote from: nectarsis on 07/02/2011, 01:36 AMHardly :P

Hahahahaha!

I guess it seems to me, the topics of discussion are usually depending on the people doing the discussing.  If there's not enough turbo / pce talk, then it probably means the more hardcore turbo/pce guys arent online.  When Saibot is on, you can bet there will be obscure system chat happening.  When Arkhan is on, you can count on random gibberish.  When chop, steve, blueraven and I get on, you can count on some tech talk.  When trevpwnsnoobs is on you know he'll be asking for something for free :lol:

My point is, we need more of the hardcore turbo guys online more in order to generate more turbo related chat / discussion.  I'm guilty of talking about just about everything, so I'm not much help on the matter.
ASll the hard core turbo/pce guys arent online cause assholes are talking about butt fucking each other, or some shitty b rate system like noun, or some lazer disk crap that is nothing but a 3rd of a pce/tg system if that addon is put in.  People always try to bring up pce/tg games etc. but it gets shot down pretty damn fast.

Saibot

turbogrfxfan

Yeah maybe if people actually collected and knew about pce they wouldnt talk about noun butt F%^king each other :wink: poser

Saibot

Lol I have only one question, who died and left you n00bz in charge?

I'm going to tell you n00bz a little story. A long time ago, I belonged to this Doom site. Well they tried to tell us that the only thing we could talk about was Doom. While imps are brown and sexy, they start to wear thin after a while. Eventually everybody got sick of it and left. The end ^.^

Let's talk about attention, that's what this is really all about, right? You n00bz are not getting yours. It's not my fault that since I joined, like 5 members got a Nuon and like 9 got a LaserActive. I had nothing to do with it, honest. People are attracted to such obscurities on their own behest, and it has nothing to do with me. Honest :)

Your case started to have some weight, until you made up lies about people saying you can't talk about Turbo stuff in chat. Blindly slinging accusations without any proof to back it up, way to shoot your own credibility in the foot. Self-owned.

turbogrfxfan

lol "Your case started to have some weight, until you made up lies about people saying you can't talk about Turbo stuff in chat. Blindly slinging accusations without any proof to back it up, way to shoot your own credibility in the foot. Self-owned".
  ha ha ha what are you talking about?!?!
LOL noob. I hope your not calling me the noob. dude seriously, do I have to start? everyone here knows where Im at and how long ive been doing pce/tg16 gaming.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Saibot on 07/05/2011, 05:27 PMYour case started to have some weight, until you made up lies about people saying you can't talk about Turbo stuff in chat. Blindly slinging accusations without any proof to back it up, way to shoot your own credibility in the foot. Self-owned.
There's some truth to that - more than once myself and others have started talking about Turbobs and been mostly ignored while a nuon conversation will drag on for pages.

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 07/05/2011, 05:48 PMlol "Your case started to have some weight, until you made up lies about people saying you can't talk about Turbo stuff in chat. Blindly slinging accusations without any proof to back it up, way to shoot your own credibility in the foot. Self-owned".
  ha ha ha what are you talking about?!?!
LOL noob. I hope your not calling me the noob. dude seriously, do I have to start? everyone here knows where Im at and how long ive been doing pce/tg16 gaming.
Dude just go back to acting like a moron and s.t.f.u.. you make no sense.  your the noob not me.

wow thnx sai for keeping pcenginefx alive!!!  lol this place would be dead without you!!!  no asshole this place is dead because of you!!! you blind ASS*&%E!!  lol you kill me.

How am I a noob?

OldMan

QuoteWhat? Oh come on, everybody knows all the best serial killers are dutch people.
They make great chocolate too...
??!??. Who makes great chocolate? Serial killers or Dutch people???

SignOfZeta

On one hand a seperate LA forum seems like overkill, but at the same time we have separate forums for TG-16 and PCE, which just doesn't even make sense.

Also, no, the chatbox isn't good enough. The chatbox sucks. Unless I stare at it 24/7 I'm going to miss the puny amount of usefull LA info that comes across it.  The chatbox is most usefull for off topic things or maybe stupid bitching feuds between members.
IMG

SuperDeadite

The chatbox is basically the bar.  Upon entering the bar one has 4 options:

1.  Hear what the hotties are saying and join their conversation.
2.  Skillfully steer the conversation into something you want to talk about. (This gets you laid)
3.  Ignore the masses and talk to the creepy and/or ugly chick in the back. (Also gets you laid)
4.  Say nothing, go home, masturbate, and cry.

Saibot

Lol you n00bz are way overstepping your bounds. You're not in charge, don't try to police the chatbox and tell us what we can and cannot talk about. You n00bz may think you got balls, but you got no teeth :)

I've talked to moderators on more than one occasion and they don't seem to have a problem with what we talk about in the chatbox. The only ones trying to control what is said is you n00bz, who have no real authority. Back down, and back down fast. Go running away like a little girl with your tail between your legs and cry me a river, crybabies :)

Yet still, LaserActive is a version of Turbo Hardware, so even if the rules state BLAH BLAH BLAH YOU CAN ONLY TALK ABOUT TURBO HARDWARE OR GTFO then we are still in the clear, so once again any point you n00bz are trying to make is null and void. Have a nice day :)

While I love Bonk and his own personal version of roast beef roid rage(laced with ecstacy), IF WE TALKED ABOUT BONK 24/7 WE WOULD GET SICK OF IT.

BlueBMW

hi ho, hi ho... its off to fighting street we're about to go... with laserdiscs and turbo sticks, hi ho, hi ho, hi ho hi ho...!

turbogrfxfan

you can talk about whatever you want on the live thread.  I never said otherwise.  I was just stating that Im sick of you and what you talk about.  I have the right to say how I feel and I guess your just upset cause your the bitch Im calling out.  Im not telling you to stop. you have the right as much as i do. my opinion you killed the thread and im not the only one to say so.
  lol as far as balls  I got balls. big fukin balls.  i wish this was the real world but its not. your threat of me backing down is weak.  what are you going to do???

TheClash603

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 07/05/2011, 09:23 PMyou can talk about whatever you want on the live thread.  I never said otherwise.  I was just stating that Im sick of you and what you talk about.  I have the right to say how I feel and I guess your just upset cause your the bitch Im calling out.  Im not telling you to stop. you have the right as much as i do. my opinion you killed the thread and im not the only one to say so.
  lol as far as balls  I got balls. big fukin balls.  i wish this was the real world but its not. your threat of me backing down is weak.  what are you going to do???
Would it be super manly or super gay to have a pictoral thread in fighting street where we compare ball sizes?

Count my flabby love bag in on that if it is going down, I can out ball anyone.

PunkCryborg

damn last time I make any surgestions  :lol:

Saibot

LOL

1) You try to act like a mod
2) You get proven wrong and embarassed
3) After failure, you take the low road, and start the usual blah blah, you never get laid etc
4) Once those ploys are laughed off, you turn into a typical internet toughguy with small man's complex and start sending me threats.

So, given all that, what did I do wrong? lawlz.

Self-owned

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Saibot on 07/05/2011, 10:08 PMLOL

1) You try to act like a mod
2) You get proven wrong and embarassed
3) After failure, you take the low road, and start the usual blah blah, you never get laid etc
4) Once those ploys are laughed off, you turn into a typical internet toughguy with small man's complex and start sending me threats.

So, given all that, what did I do wrong? lawlz.

Self-owned
first off, show me where i was acting like a mod?
second off, where did u prove me wrong?
third off, you stated that you love how people acting tough on the internet.  I stated lets meet in person and have a talk.
you threatened me talking tough.
and after all the crap you talk about lube, and sex, and all that other crap just proves you dont get any action.  It has nothing to do with me having a small mans complex.  thats just your assumption.
  where did you prove me wrong?

BlueBMW

So wheres the part that you two make up and become friends?  :mrgreen:

Saibot

LOL, and people think I'm bad...

I often wonder why I'm not banned...then again overall people seem to not have a problem with me, just a select few. But you seem to be making a strong case for getting yourself banned. Good thing the mods around here are chillaxed

turbogrfxfan

ive done nothing wrong for them to bann me.  Who here thinks Ive done anything wrong?????????

I like your angle that your using.  Just keep pretending your right and you won in hopes that others believe you.
all im asking is for you to show me where im wrong and where ive been acting like a mod.

PunkCryborg

seriously I would love to know someone on here that lived close-ish like you guys do to go game hunting and play co-op shubibinman with and then watch a laserdisc.

BlueBMW

Quote from: elabit on 07/05/2011, 10:28 PMseriously I would love to know someone on here that lived close-ish like you guys do to go game hunting and play co-op shubibinman with and then watch a laserdisc.
Knoxville's only what... 14 hours away? :P