OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

Bomberman '93 with manual poped up on ebay.

Started by MasonSushi, 06/23/2011, 09:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasonSushi

I am wondering what everybody thinks it will end at?? I haven't seen one with a manual pop up in forever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180686126271&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: MasonSushi on 06/23/2011, 09:48 AMI am wondering what everybody thinks it will end at?? I haven't seen one with a manual pop up in forever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180686126271&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
I don't think it will go for more than about 50.00, but all it takes is two very motivated would be buyers to knock up the price.
--DragonmasterDan

DesmondThe3rd

I say it will end at somewhere between 70 and 80 since there are not too many on eBay right now.

Liquid Snake

Is bomberman 93 rare?  How come this game will end at $50+ ???  It's such a common game.....
My happy meal box is empty~~~

Play-Asia

MasonSushi

yea i was waiting on it, because it was on the borderline between uncommon and low end rare.

SignOfZeta

IMG

csgx1

Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 06/23/2011, 10:07 AMI say it will end at somewhere between 70 and 80 since there are not too many on eBay right now.
Yeah, I won't be surprised now days.  After seeing that loose Super System card go for $200+ a few weeks back, anything is possible.

CrackTiger

Quote from: csgx1 on 06/23/2011, 01:42 PM
Quote from: DesmondThe3rd on 06/23/2011, 10:07 AMI say it will end at somewhere between 70 and 80 since there are not too many on eBay right now.
Yeah, I won't be surprised now days.  After seeing that loose Super System card go for $200+ a few weeks back, anything is possible. 
I bought my complete North American System 3.0 Card from eBay in an auction, within the last year for $70 - $80.

I don't monitor eBay regularly, but I've seen Bomberman '93 sell for $30 or less several times over the last couple years. I've even posted current Buy-It-Nows within that range in threads here when people have complained that they can't find it anywhere.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

turbogrfxfan

Is this a tg16 bomberman 93 or a pce???
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

chany60126

I agree with D-Dan's assessment of what it might end up on ebay. I would probably say that between $30-35 is a fair price to pay for a US copy with the manual as it has sold within this range and sometimes cheaper in the last year or so.

NecroPhile

It's probably worth a lot due to the pointy hat and bullet proof clown car.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

turbogrfxfan

lol ok fine I should of looked at the link. sorry
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Jesse813

Quote from: MasonSushi on 06/23/2011, 09:48 AMI am wondering what everybody thinks it will end at?? I haven't seen one with a manual pop up in forever.

my guess for the ending price is $65

Sparky

Quote from: MasonSushi on 06/23/2011, 09:48 AMI haven't seen one with a manual pop up in forever.
god i hope the ebay buyers are not thinking that or she will be up to $60 in no time  <<shrugs>>

NecroPhile

That's one ghetto spine sticker - it looks like it was colored in with a kids marker.

SignOfZeta

Looking at the price its at now, and how much time is left, we could see $100 before the auction is done.

Meanwhile Hit Japan has this game for $9, BIN, and it comes with a case.
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/24/2011, 01:29 PMLooking at the price its at now, and how much time is left, we could see $100 before the auction is done.

And there's no language barrier.

But the Turbo version is more for collecting than playing.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 06/24/2011, 11:54 AMThat's one ghetto spine sticker - it looks like it was colored in with a kids marker.
The back of the manual has a big crease in it too.
--DragonmasterDan

Liquid Snake

Quote from: guest on 06/24/2011, 03:07 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 06/24/2011, 01:29 PMLooking at the price its at now, and how much time is left, we could see $100 before the auction is done.

And there's no language barrier.

But the Turbo version is more for collecting than playing.
I just don't get it:

Bomberman 93 is a common game, plus cover art is worse than PC Engine one.  I don't see the reason why it's worth more than Japanese version?  It's not in a low production run but why why why???????
My happy meal box is empty~~~

Play-Asia

NecroPhile

Quote from: Liquid Snake on 06/24/2011, 03:38 PMBomberman 93 is a common game, plus cover art is worse than PC Engine one.  I don't see the reason why it's worth more than Japanese version?  It's not in a low production run but why why why???????
Seeing as it's one of the latter US releases, it was a small run relative to the earlier titles; and compared to the far more popular PCE, it's not even close (at least ten to one PCE to TG-16).

SignOfZeta

Yeah, back in the day I didn't even realize there was a US relese of this game.
IMG

MasonSushi

i still want the US release, with its manual. Just not a stupid price.

MasonSushi

holy crap its all the way up to $81 with 14 hours left.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: MasonSushi on 06/29/2011, 07:07 AMholy crap its all the way up to $81 with 14 hours left.
Insanity, but like I said all it takes is two very motivated buyers.
--DragonmasterDan

TheClash603

If I wasn't so stubborn I would sell mine and just get PCE.

Damn shame about the price of the system cards though, as they are the only 2 US hu cards I don't own, and now I likely never will.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: TheClash603 on 06/29/2011, 07:17 AMIf I wasn't so stubborn I would sell mine and just get PCE.

Damn shame about the price of the system cards though, as they are the only 2 US hu cards I don't own, and now I likely never will.
The 2.0 card isn't going for that much nowadays is it?

I know the Super CD 3.0 card is astro expensive though.
--DragonmasterDan

Sadler

Alright, confession time. I'm trying to get this. And it looks like some one with more money than me will probably succeed. It's over $100  :evil: Anyway, assuming I lose this, I'd be willing to trade a System 2.0 card + cash to someone for this game. I've got a Duo and the System 2.0 card is of no use to me. I found it stuffed in a case with another game I purchased a while back. Anyway, let me know.

BlueBMW

System 2.0 cards aren't worth much at all.. now if its a us system 3.0 card....
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Sadler

OK, now it's at $120. WTF. I hate people. I'm willing to bet it'll be on ebay again next week with a BIN of $200. I swear that shit happened with Godzilla.  :cry:

Sadler

Quote from: BlueBMW on 06/29/2011, 10:58 AMSystem 2.0 cards aren't worth much at all.. now if its a us system 3.0 card....
Yeah, I realize it isn't worth much. But if people here think $40 is reasonable for Bomberman '93, I'd be more than willing to give them $40 + System 2.0 card if they need it.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Sadler on 06/29/2011, 11:00 AMOK, now it's at $120. WTF. I hate people. I'm willing to be it'll be on ebay again next week with a BIN of $200. I swear that shit happened with Godzilla.  :cry:
And a boxed copy sold recently for 'only' $112.  Fucking eBay maroons.  [-(

BlueBMW

I think I payed $30 for my us bomberman 93... complete minus box.  This was with the last year... wtf
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

MasonSushi

yea, well i am holding out. i need it, and don't really might the $35-$50 ( if its in GREAT condition) it will drop like Air Zonk spiked.  it might just be a while though

BlueBMW

blueraven

The one that's on eBay right now is so astronomically high (currently $120) I recommend you not bid on it. That's just waaay too much.

kattare

Well, the good news is that someday when I sell off my TG collection I'll be rich.  The bad news is that I'm so attached to it, most likely I'll wait until I'm about to die. 

At least my kids will be rich then I guess.  ;-)
Webhost by day, (www.kattare.com) retro gamer by night.

roflmao

Honestly, I think these high TG16 prices are a bubble that will burst when our current generation gets older.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I think these games will decline in value over the years (think 10 years from now) because the nostalgia factor will be long gone.  I think if you're looking to get rich selling TG16 games, there really isn't a better time than now to do it. 

With that said, there's no amount of money that would convince me to sell my TG collection again.  I made that mistake once in the past and won't do it again.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 06/29/2011, 12:46 PMHonestly, I think these high TG16 prices are a bubble that will burst when our current generation gets older.  Maybe I'm wrong, but I think these games will decline in value over the years (think 10 years from now) because the nostalgia factor will be long gone.  I think if you're looking to get rich selling TG16 games, there really isn't a better time than now to do it.  

With that said, there's no amount of money that would convince me to sell my TG collection again.  I made that mistake once in the past and won't do it again.
People thought that about baseball cards of players from the early 1900s as well though. I think there will be a drop, but these things will still have value, even to people who didn't grow up with them.

Added in edit: I'm by no means suggesting that these games will maintain their current ebay market values, simply that they will continue to be treasured years later.
--DragonmasterDan

roflmao

True.  But look at comic books.  Sure there are a lot that are still worth a fortune, but after the bubble burst in the early 90s it never really recovered.  I remember thinking when I was a kid that I was making an investment for my future kids by buying comic books because the older generation comics were worth so much at the time.  These days my comics collection is worth (for the most part) squat. 

But I think both of those analagies aren't very good as you don't need any additional hardware to enjoy them. With these games, you need a working system, controllers, and, ideally, a tube tv.  I don't think they even make tube tvs anymore. :) 

I'm not a big LD collector, but for what I can tell, that stuff is cheaper than dirt these days though for a long time it was considered superior to everything on the market (arguably even dvds due to the uncompressed nature of the media).  Of course hard to find stuff (such as Song of the South) still fetches a crazy price, and Magical Chase probably always will as well.  But I wouldn't be surprised if most of the other games drop.

I remember in the mid-90s Military Madness regularly sold on the mailing list for $35-45.  Now it can pretty easily be had for half that.  Spriggan cost me $70 when it was released.  In the mid 90s I remember it fetching closer to $100.  Now you can find it for $50.  So I don't know....  I guess the market value is whatever 2 or more people are willing to shell out on ebay for it at any given time. :)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 06/29/2011, 01:42 PMTrue.  But look at comic books.  Sure there are a lot that are still worth a fortune, but after the bubble burst in the early 90s it never really recovered.  I remember thinking when I was a kid that I was making an investment for my future kids by buying comic books because the older generation comics were worth so much at the time.  These days my comics collection is worth (for the most part) squat. 
Comic books crashed because the entire industry was over-saturated with stores and collectors. The golden and silver age comics haven't deteriorated in value. It's comics of the 1970s on that dropped.

QuoteBut I think both of those analagies aren't very good as you don't need any additional hardware to enjoy them. With these games, you need a working system, controllers, and, ideally, a tube tv.  I don't think they even make tube tvs anymore. :) 

I'm not a big LD collector, but for what I can tell, that stuff is cheaper than dirt these days though for a long time it was considered superior to everything on the market (arguably even dvds due to the uncompressed nature of the media).  Of course hard to find stuff (such as Song of the South) still fetches a crazy price, and Magical Chase probably always will as well.  But I wouldn't be surprised if most of the other games drop.
Heh, I paid a small fortune for my Japanese copy of Song of the South on LD.

QuoteI remember in the mid-90s Military Madness regularly sold on the mailing list for $35-45.  Now it can pretty easily be had for half that.  Spriggan cost me $70 when it was released.  In the mid 90s I remember it fetching closer to $100.  Now you can find it for $50.  So I don't know....  I guess the market value is whatever 2 or more people are willing to shell out on ebay for it at any given time. :)
Stuff goes up and down in value, I suspect that as time goes on the hardware will be more sought after than now, the games will level out a bit.
--DragonmasterDan

csgx1

Quote from: csgx1 on 06/23/2011, 01:42 PM
I take this back....I'm surprised yet again.:shock: Currently $120 without the outer box is crazy high.

csgx1

Quote from: guest on 06/29/2011, 01:42 PMI remember in the mid-90s Military Madness regularly sold on the mailing list for $35-45.  Now it can pretty easily be had for half that.  Spriggan cost me $70 when it was released.  In the mid 90s I remember it fetching closer to $100.  Now you can find it for $50.  So I don't know....  I guess the market value is whatever 2 or more people are willing to shell out on ebay for it at any given time. :)
I agree.  I acquired a good portion of my collection in the late '90s early 2000 and some of the fairly common games seemed to drop in price.  I remember a used copy of Cosmic Fantasy 2 going for about $30 back then and now, sealed brand new copies can be had for about the same price or less.  Also, I remember Dracula X used to go for $130+ and now easily can be found for around $80.   

I think in the case of Bomberman '93, it's a decent game and has become harder to find, so value/demand has increased. 

Yet another copy of Bomberman '93 loose hucard sold this morning for $40...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Bomberman-93-Turbo-Grafx-16-/200620966106?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2eb5f100da

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: csgx1 on 06/29/2011, 02:41 PMI agree.  I acquired a good portion of my collection in the late '90s early 2000 and some of the fairly common games seemed to drop in price.  I remember a used copy of Cosmic Fantasy 2 going for about $30 back then and now, sealed brand new copies can be had for about the same price or less.  Also, I remember Dracula X used to go for $130+ and now easily can be found for around $80. 
Cosmic Fantasy was 30.00 because Working Designs was selling them for 29.99 up until they went out of business. They had boxes of extras of it and Exile 1.

Also Dracula X dropped because it was released on PSP and virtual console effectively leaving demand only to collectors or people who want a 100% authentic experience on the original hardware.
--DragonmasterDan

MasonSushi

so does anybody want to sell me the US Bomberman 93 with manual for $40?/ I would love you long time.  :)

TheClash603

I love me some co-op Bomberman, even more than I like multi-player versus.  It seems most people agree with this now that the price is way up, just like Saturn Bomberman.

Sadler

<dons Nomex>Well, I won, for the completely reasonable price of $166.59.   :-$ Before being chewed to pieces:

a) I've been a TG16 fan for 20 years. Yes, I owned several variants BITD. Own a few now too.  :D Loved them then and I love them now.
b) I'm a single engineer that probably makes too much money. Please forget that fact if you ever sell me something.
c) Yes, I've been drinking

tggodfrey

Nevermind
Games currently in play:
PS3: COD Ghosts
TG16: Boxyboy

BlueBMW

Quote from: Sadler on 06/29/2011, 10:05 PM<dons Nomex>Well, I won, for the completely reasonable price of $166.59.   :-$ Before being chewed to pieces:

a) I've been a TG16 fan for 20 years. Yes, I owned several variants BITD. Own a few now too.  :D Loved them then and I love them now.
b) I'm a single engineer that probably makes too much money. Please forget that fact if you ever sell me something.
c) Yes, I've been drinking
I'm not sure if I should laugh.... or cry...  :lol: :cry:  :?:

Senshi

PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Sadler

Quote from: Senshi on 06/29/2011, 10:31 PM
Quote from: tggodfrey on 06/29/2011, 10:24 PMWould you make a copy of the manual for me?
me too   :P
I'm more than happy to scan the manual for you guys! I'll probably need a reminder in a week or two when it arrives.