@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbo Gouging on Ebay ( r.i.p. - gouging much )

Started by NecroPhile, 08/03/2010, 04:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seieienbu

He's selling his doubles, c'mon man.  Why would he need TWO of the same bootleg?  No problem here!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

turboswimbz

Quote from: seieienbu on 10/19/2017, 04:22 PMHe's selling his doubles, c'mon man.  Why would he need TWO of the same bootleg?  No problem here!
IMG
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Keith Courage

ClodBusted

"Completely in tact"
Good to know that it doesn't skip a beat.

ToyMachine78

NecroPhile

And not a very good one either.  C'mon, man, I wanna see that janky spine label!
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NoSexGex

Anyone else notice there's been less TG16 & PCE eBay .99 cent auctions lately? Looking at recent sold listings, some boxed games have gone for wayy less then they have traditionally sold for. I'm thinking sellers are getting cold feet about auctions, at least for now.

Talked to the seller for that empty TG16 CD unit box today, apparently someone offered him $550. And will accept if the buyer goes outside eBay, really hope he's lying. Especially since one with an actual CD unit included sold for $800.
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

Keith Courage

Yeah, lots of auctions for games are going for a little less than usual now. This is good because the market should drop a little for certain games. Then again, I've also noticed that certain auctions that end at a lower then normal price typically end at odd times of the day.

xcrement5x

Quote from: Keith Courage on 11/14/2017, 02:35 AMYeah, lots of auctions for games are going for a little less than usual now. This is good because the market should drop a little for certain games. Then again, I've also noticed that certain auctions that end at a lower then normal price typically end at odd times of the day.
The problem is there is almost no incentive (or deterrent) for a seller to use an auction over a BIN unless they really just want to sell the item/need the cash ASAP. So you get less auctions, but tons of BIN listings where people just sit on shit at high prices until it sells. 

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 11/14/2017, 12:49 PM
Quote from: Keith Courage on 11/14/2017, 02:35 AMYeah, lots of auctions for games are going for a little less than usual now. This is good because the market should drop a little for certain games. Then again, I've also noticed that certain auctions that end at a lower then normal price typically end at odd times of the day.
The problem is there is almost no incentive (or deterrent) for a seller to use an auction over a BIN unless they really just want to sell the item/need the cash ASAP. So you get less auctions, but tons of BIN listings where people just sit on shit at high prices until it sells. 
Like that infamous Bonk 3 manual.

Freeway2

There's a black and white Canadian Bonk 3 manual up for 200$. Makes me want to puke.
"If I took this cigarette and put it out on you would you love me"

crazydean

Quote from: Freeway2 on 11/15/2017, 05:16 PMThere's a black and white Canadian Bonk 3 manual up for 200$. Makes me want to puke.
To be fair, I would think those are pretty rare, no?

tbone3969

Quote from: crazydean on 11/16/2017, 01:07 AM
Quote from: Freeway2 on 11/15/2017, 05:16 PMThere's a black and white Canadian Bonk 3 manual up for 200$. Makes me want to puke.
They are insanely rare.
"There's something out there in those trees and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die."

LostFlunky

Quote from: crazydean on 11/16/2017, 01:07 AM
Lol - when I sold mine I counted that manual as a knock against the value...  I still can't believe how perverse collecting gets, even though I was "there" myself...

crazydean

ClodBusted

I see stains on the bag and scratches on the card. Eww.

seieienbu

How could there be scratches?  It's still sealed from when it was packed in with a Turbo!

turboswimbz

OH that flipper . . . hahahaha

I hope he sees you guys making fun of his dumb listing
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

Sealed in a ziploc baggie.  Totally legit!  :lol:

Gypsy

xcrement5x

Quote from: crazydean on 11/22/2017, 01:11 AMhttps://www.ebay.com/itm/Neutopia-II-2-TurboGrafx-sealed-plastic/202091455783?epid=56246475&hash=item2f0d96e527:g:UcAAAOSw46BZuaAL

SEALED YOU GUYS! Keep in mind that the seller might have been from a pack-in. Also, it "comes from my personal condition".
I feel like i have seen this exact thing on a Facebook group recently.  Seller is in CO so it's possible.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Digi.k on 11/28/2017, 01:07 PMKinda interested in that afterburner controller

giant lot
Wowza, that's a lot of neat stuff.  What's the controller thingy in front of the virtual cushion?

ginoscope

Wow I did not know they made a Rom2 amp.  It looks like a modern day projector.  I wonder if it was any good.  Looks like a bunch of tweeters.

turboswimbz

Quote from: ginoscope on 11/28/2017, 03:31 PMWow I did not know they made a Rom2 amp.  It looks like a modern day projector.  I wonder if it was any good.  Looks like a bunch of tweeters.
it was a sweet sweet set up.  a member here has a pretty sweet photo of it all set up.  NOW THAT'S A BEEFCASE

IMG

also since it doesn't get mentioned often it's a pretty awesome site for looking at all the hardware, controllers, and add-ons made.

http://www.pc-engine.co.uk/

(P.S. don't confuse with www.pcengine.co.uk  the dash makes a difference  :) ALthough it's also a super super fantastic site)

seieienbu

Dang.  That's a nice looking set right there.  like $6,000 though...

Gredler

I think this thread should be included in the secrete santa thread, so that I don't get taken while shopping. These prices seem all over the place, I hate ebay.

NoSexGex

Soldier blade in its original box went from selling from like 700+ to now $400. Love seeing drops like that
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"

GoldenWheels

Yar....what did this thing go to? Looks like it must have been a store kiosk panel or something but I couldn't find anything on it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-16-Arcade-Turbo-Grafx-Control-Player-Panel-Assembly-USED-2560/273066658980?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

If it was cheaper, like, a lot a lot a lot cheaper, I'd try to make an arcade stick out of it.

CrackTiger

Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

GoldenWheels

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2018, 01:47 PMIt's an arcade control panel.
I was really hoping to see a photo of what it belonged to, but maybe I am misunderstanding it. Does it belong with this? I guess that could explain the lack of photos, being a kit.

https://www.tg-16.com/pce_tg16_JAMMA_conversion_kit.htm

EDIT: opening up the manual to that thing, yup, that's it.  Pretty cool.

I apparently missed the insert quarter bit when thinking it was a kiosk thing.

xcrement5x

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 02/23/2018, 01:55 PM
Quote from: CrackTiger on 02/23/2018, 01:47 PMIt's an arcade control panel.
I was really hoping to see a photo of what it belonged to, but maybe I am misunderstanding it. Does it belong with this? I guess that could explain the lack of photos, being a kit.

https://www.tg-16.com/pce_tg16_JAMMA_conversion_kit.htm

EDIT: opening up the manual to that thing, yup, that's it.  Pretty cool.

I apparently missed the insert quarter bit when thinking it was a kiosk thing.
Here's some more pictures of a full one if you are interested:
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=12078.msg232964#msg232964

GoldenWheels

Quote from: guest on 02/24/2018, 01:38 AMHere's some more pictures of a full one if you are interested:
Very cool, thanks.

Can't say I wouldn't like a TG-16 arcade in the corner of my basement.

xcrement5x

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 02/24/2018, 10:35 PM
Quote from: guest on 02/24/2018, 01:38 AMHere's some more pictures of a full one if you are interested:
Very cool, thanks.

Can't say I wouldn't like a TG-16 arcade in the corner of my basement.
Heh, last time I was at Sadler's place it hadn't progressed too much, but of course it's been awhile since I've been up to visit him as well.  If he was closer I'd love to hang around and help him rebuild it but it's a bit of a drive to get up there.

Purple1308

Has anyone see the the darkwing duck for tg16 on amazon for 99.99 for just the card i was laughing so hard when i saw it

seieienbu

I'm not saying that isn't ridiculous, but looking on ebay $90 is the lowest price.  When did That happen?

Purple1308

Quote from: seieienbu on 03/01/2018, 11:16 PMI'm not saying that isn't ridiculous, but looking on ebay $90 is the lowest price.  When did That happen?
I guess all the bad publicity made it too popular ?

GoldenWheels

Seems to sell routinely for 150+ with a case/instructions. WTH.  :roll:

I don't mind ponying up once in a while but the game has to at least be...good.

seieienbu

There actually isn't a real case for the game.  It was a late release that came in a plastic tray.  But yeah, a guy prints a label and then gets a case off of a Kieth Courage and then can make $50 or more extra lol

GoldenWheels

I don't have a ton of those later games with no cases but when I need extra cases I just order yakyuu baseball something or other from Japan for like 7 bucks.

Getting those round Hudson stickers off the back is kind of a pain, now I just leave them on so I know it wasn't original.

xcrement5x

Quote from: GoldenWheels on 03/03/2018, 09:37 AMI don't have a ton of those later games with no cases but when I need extra cases I just order yakyuu baseball something or other from Japan for like 7 bucks.

Getting those round Hudson stickers off the back is kind of a pain, now I just leave them on so I know it wasn't original.
I do too, a lot of F1 Circus cases have died at my hands.  The easiest way to get the round stickers off for me is to heat them up with a hairdryer or something and it loosens the adhesive.  Just don't get it too hot ;)

TheClash603

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2018, 02:48 PM
Quote from: GoldenWheels on 03/03/2018, 09:37 AMI don't have a ton of those later games with no cases but when I need extra cases I just order yakyuu baseball something or other from Japan for like 7 bucks.

I do too, a lot of F1 Circus cases have died at my hands.  The easiest way to get the round stickers off for me is to heat them up with a hairdryer or something and it loosens the adhesive.  Just don't get it too hot ;)
Bernie?

seieienbu

xcrement5x

Lol yeah, I was thinking of Bernie.  Between Lighter fluid to loose adhesive and/or a hair dryer to heat it up I've normally had pretty good luck getting sticker off almost anything I've every tried. 

The only thing I've yet to perfect is a good way to get those rental stickers with the thin metal strip in them off.  My poor copy of Quackshot looks great except for this one line right across the cart label where one of those security strips screwed me :(

GoldenWheels

Quote from: guest on 03/03/2018, 02:48 PMI do too, a lot of F1 Circus cases have died at my hands.  The easiest way to get the round stickers off for me is to heat them up with a hairdryer or something and it loosens the adhesive.  Just don't get it too hot ;)
You savage!....F1 Circus is actually cool game! I like all (3?) of them.

(A few of those Peach Boy non action titles have bit the bullet too to fix some of my loosies)

Spines are pretty easy...I actually cut them through to the "grid" plastic on the back with an exacto knife and chuck the little squares that weren't sticking to anything but air. Then I soak it in water. Voila. But those round Hudson stickers, I'm done screwing with them. I used a window scraper on one, slipped, and was lucky to not have to get stitches.

NoSexGex

Quote from: seieienbu on 03/02/2018, 07:51 PMBut yeah, a guy prints a label and then gets a case off of a Kieth Courage and then can make $50 or more extra lol
^^^

NoSexGex

NecroPhile

Sweet hat.  I'd pair it with a hot pink polo shirt, with the collar popped of course.

geise

Lol at things people will try to get money for.