OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

RetroBlox : Another new Play-Everything "Retro" Console

Started by elmer, 02/01/2017, 12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NecroPhile

Quote from: Nulltard on 06/13/2017, 01:02 PMYAWN

I'll wake you up next month for the big announcement. :lol:
Three months later...... and crickets.  :lol:

And their website has been suspended.  Is it just a minor hiccup (someone forgot to pay the server bill) or are they done now?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

NecroPhile

Yarr, the site's working for me now, but it might as well be dead.  There's still fuck all for updates.

elmer

Quote from: guest on 09/19/2017, 01:25 PMYarr, the site's working for me now, but it might as well be dead.
Yep, it looks like they paid the overdue bill.  :wink:

Quote from: guest on 09/19/2017, 01:25 PMThere's still fuck all for updates.
Since they claimed that they got enough private funding to finish off system, I expect that the "fans" (whoever they are) are all irrelevant now, and that we won't hear much from Nulltard's peeps until they are either close to production-ready, or they burn through the cash.

You can look to the Saber Rider guys for what it looks like when a team is close to "burning through the cash", i.e. nothing to show for months followed by the announcement of a new "partner" (with cash to inject), and an expansion of the goals so that the new partner can believe that their investment will be rewarded.

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

xcrement5x

NecroPhile

Heh, what a poor choice of name indeed.  Assuming it's not a scam/joke, of course.

NW would prefer x.seedi.  :mrgreen:

ClodBusted

Psycho Punch

I'd comment about Philips suing them for the Compact Disc inspired logo but I'm too busy laughing at the name. ahahahahah

edit: An off-the-shelf dvd burner plugged into an android chipset inside a pirate famiclone Wii mold with a fake PS3 controller. Come on that's the lowest hanging fruit possible. :lol:
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

turboswimbz

Hmmm it seems I already have an emulator ... I call it a personal computer.

it also has a clever abbreviation
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

CrackTiger

They're selling collectards a clear limited edition version that lets you see how it's just an empty box with someone else's tech in one corner.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

esteban

crazydean

Anyone know what "old school translucent green plastic" is?

SignOfZeta

Man, there is no excuse for a game machine that ugly looking. No excuse whatsoever.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

it looks like a 3 Ring binder with shit shoved into it.

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

It looks like it was designed to be $8.77 USD on Deal Extreme.
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: crazydean on 09/20/2017, 11:05 PMAnyone know what "old school translucent green plastic" is?
Probably LE Mountain Dew Xbox.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

sirhcman

Quote from: guest on 09/20/2017, 02:29 PMNewest Retroblox reveal?
Pretty sure this has nothing to do with Retroblox. Should probably have its own dedicated thread to discuss

Psycho Punch

Quote from: guest on 09/21/2017, 01:22 PM
Pretty sure this has nothing to do with Retroblox. Should probably have its own dedicated thread to discuss
Everything here should have been part of the RetroVGS thread. Let's make a statement to the mainstream console manufacturers.
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

xcrement5x

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 09/21/2017, 01:36 PM
Everything here should have been part of the RetroVGS thread. Let's make a statement to the mainstream console manufacturers.
The "Another new Play-Everything "Retro" Console" part of the title made me feel like the SEEDI would be at home here. 

munchiaz

esteban

Quote from: guest on 09/21/2017, 01:38 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/21/2017, 01:36 PM
The "Another new Play-Everything "Retro" Console" part of the title made me feel like the SEEDI would be at home here.
You were correct to include SEEDI in this seedy Retro    Blox thread.

:)

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: munchiaz on 09/21/2017, 01:48 PMit sure is ugly
Yes

Quote from: esteban on 09/21/2017, 01:54 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/21/2017, 01:38 PM
Quote from: guest on 09/21/2017, 01:36 PM
You were correct to include SEEDI in this seedy Retro    Blox thread.

Yes, I SEE DI system is hideous.
--DragonmasterDan

LostFlunky

It has everything to do with Retroblox. It is another contestant in the race to the bottom...

sirhcman

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/22/2017, 10:27 AM
It has everything to do with Retroblox.
It would be the same as posting PS4 news in the Switch thread

turboswimbz

Elmer should just change the title of thread to

All in one Retro TURDS   (This Ugly Retro Dumb Sh*t)

AKA: A discussion on how stupid people pay for emulation boxes that are never released.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 09/22/2017, 10:58 AM
Quote from: Lost Monkey on 09/22/2017, 10:27 AM
It has everything to do with Retroblox.
It would be the same as posting PS4 news in the Switch thread
I would counter that both of those exist.

I am just having fun... ;)

JoshTurboTrollX

I just assumed this thread was about ROBLOX.  Ya'll disappoint.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

esteban

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 09/22/2017, 02:10 PMI just assumed this thread was about ROBLOX.  Ya'll disappoint.
The **ONLY** reason I know what the f*ck you are referring to is because I have 6 year olds.

DAMMIT.

GaijinD

Feel like a treasure game on a rainy day.

NecroPhile

They're shit at building and maintaining interest.  Don't put out a bunch of slick (but empty) hype, then miss multiple self-imposed deadlines for updates and reveals while you sit around telling everyone how busy you are with "finishing it up" for a year+.

esteban

dangdang

Quote from: guest on 04/24/2018, 09:42 AMThey're shit at building and maintaining interest.  Don't put out a bunch of slick (but empty) hype, then miss multiple self-imposed deadlines for updates and reveals while you sit around telling everyone how busy you are with "finishing it up" for a year+.
Yeah, if only Polymega was as good at building and marketing game consoles as PCEFX Forum Moderator Necromancer. Tsk.  [-(

ClodBusted

Cut the crap and don't detract from what's going in this thread on by going offtopic.

NecroPhile

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 01:44 AMYeah, if only Polymega was as good at building and marketing game consoles as PCEFX Forum Moderator Necromancer. Tsk.  [-(
That's the thing: I'm not building or marketing anything but they are.

Maybe it's better to try but fail (because at least you tried), but that doesn't change the fact that you've failed.

dangdang

Quote from: guest on 04/26/2018, 09:19 AM
Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 01:44 AMYeah, if only Polymega was as good at building and marketing game consoles as PCEFX Forum Moderator Necromancer. Tsk.  [-(
That's the thing: I'm not building or marketing anything but they are.

Maybe it's better to try but fail (because at least you tried), but that doesn't change the fact that you've failed.
The only failure I see is a forum mod, who should be impartial and unbiased, making an authoritative-sounding accusation (including profanity) in an attempt to discredit a project which they admittedly do not have the experience or background to discredit. I've heard rumors that the mods here have really gotten bad but to see it myself is a different story. At least on Atari-Age the hater brigade are just regular members and the mods largely stay out of it.

Full disclosure, I lead the Polymega team and have been a PCEFX member here since before the project started (and in PCEFX infancy on a separate account).

wildfruit

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 01:44 AMThe only failure I see is a forum mod, who should be impartial and unbiased,
Why?

dangdang

QuoteWhy?
Because when the referee starts throwing punches, you know the fight is fixed. So whats the point of trying to have a fair discussion in the first place? The actions of those in charge represent and warrant the credibility of the forum as a whole, and as someone who has used this forum as a source of good information and community for collecting over the years, its pretty sad to see this type of mud-slinging from someone in a position of power and authority. So I've called it out where normally I would pay such accusations no mind.

LostFlunky

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 10:59 AM
QuoteWhy?
Because when the referee starts throwing punches, you know the fight is fixed. So whats the point of trying to have a fair discussion in the first place? The actions of those in charge represent and warrant the credibility of the forum as a whole, and as someone who has used this forum as a source of good information and community for collecting over the years, its pretty sad to see this type of mud-slinging from someone in a position of power and authority. So I've called it out where normally I would pay such accusations no mind.
Necro is just another PCE fan who has mod clearance.  He is not the FBI or a referee.  And honestly, it is hard to argue with what he said, I also completely forgot about your project...

dangdang

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 04/26/2018, 11:11 AM
Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 10:59 AM
QuoteWhy?
Necro is just another PCE fan who has mod clearance.  He is not the FBI or a referee.  And honestly, it is hard to argue with what he said, I also completely forgot about your project...
Folks forgetting about the project until we were ready for pre-order was by design. It's called strategy and avoidance of marketing fatigue. Thing is, you would only get that if you actually understood the correct way to build and maintain interest, which is the opposite of what we've been accused of here. I'm not familiar with each mods individual backgrounds, but regardless, being a mod carries some clout with it, and I for one believe that those in elevated positions should remain impartial and ensure that fair discussions can be had.

NecroPhile

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 10:12 AMThe only failure I see is a forum mod, who should be impartial and unbiased....
Nowhere in my job description does it say that I can't express my opinions.  My job is to approve new registrations, move misplaced threads, and enforce the rules; anything else you think I should be doing is your own ignorant bias and wishful thinking.

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 10:12 AM.... making an authoritative-sounding accusation (including profanity) in an attempt to discredit a project which they admittedly do not have the experience or background to discredit.
Nobody needs direct personal experience to see what's been happening and recognize poor marketing.  It's a fact that you've been secretive about what the hardware is and what exactly it does (hybrid emulation, lulz), it's a fact that you've officially announced and missed several reveal dates and pre-order openings, and it's a fact that you went nearly a year without any news on your official site.  There's plenty of the same points being made on your own forum for crying out loud.

I understand the reason for being quiet (protecting yourself from potential competitors and having investors instead of crowdfunding), but that doesn't change the fact that you've left your audience hanging in the wind for over a year with nothing but "just wait, it'll be great, trust us!".  It's not hard to see why people are skeptical about it ever coming out, as there's little difference between the way you're acting and what was seen with various vaporware systems.

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 10:12 AMI've heard rumors that the mods here have really gotten bad here but to see it myself is a different story. At least on Atari-Age the hater brigade are just regular members and the mods largely stay out of it.
Yeah, no doubt the recent chatter about bad mods is all about me and not a certain canine.  :lol:

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 10:12 AMFull disclosure, I lead the Polymega team and have been a PCEFX member here since before the project started (and in PCEFX infancy on a separate account).
Good for you.  Maybe you'd have more support and less skepticism if you'd actually engage with us instead of dismissing legitimate concerns as 'trolling'.

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 10:59 AMBecause when the referee starts throwing punches, you know the fight is fixed. So whats the point of trying to have a fair discussion in the first place? The actions of those in charge represent and warrant the credibility of the forum as a whole, and as someone who has used this forum as a source of good information and community for collecting over the years, its pretty sad to see this type of mud-slinging from someone in a position of power and authority. So I've called it out where normally I would pay such accusations no mind.
This isn't your forum.  I don't delete posts and threaten bans because of dissenting opinions and simple complaints.

dangdang

QuoteNowhere in my job description does it say that I can't express my opinions.  My job is to approve new registrations, move misplaced threads, and enforce the rules; anything else you think I should be doing is your own ignorant bias and wishful thinking.
Then by all means continue to do what you're doing.

QuoteNobody needs direct personal experience to see what's been happening and recognize poor marketing.  It's a fact that you've been secretive about what the hardware is and what exactly it does (hybrid emulation, lulz), it's a fact that you've officially announced and missed several reveal dates and pre-order openings, and it's a fact that you went nearly a year without any news on your official site.  There's plenty of the same points being made on your own forum for crying out loud.

I understand the reason for being quiet (protecting yourself from potential competitors and having investors instead of crowdfunding), but that doesn't change the fact that you've left your audience hanging in the wind for over a year with nothing but "just wait, it'll be great, trust us!".  It's not hard to see why people are skeptical about it ever coming out, as there's little difference between the way you're acting and what was seen with various vaporware systems.
Speaking for the project, it's not at all about the merits of what you said, which actually is open for healthy debate, instead that as a mod - you hold a position of authority which makes your comments hold sway above and beyond that of a standard forum member, and by using this forum / platform to comment, you express bias that potentially could prevent other members who might have otherwise been open to expressing a counterpoint from engaging in meaningful discussion. It's not surprising that many of the people who have seen / played / vouched for and reported back to this forum their experiences using the system are no longer around.

As a PCEFX forum member, I will happily debate the merits of what you actually said from an informed insider position, but it's so far off, it's not really even worth the time and effort.

QuoteYeah, no doubt the recent chatter about bad mods is all about me and not a certain canine.  :lol:
Misquoted me. I said I've heard rumors that the op situation here was bad, not that it was or wasn't fact. What is a fact, is to see smack talking directly from the mods shows that there's a serious lack of professionalism going on. The only thing seemingly idealistic on my side is the expectation that a popular forum mod would have some integrity.

QuoteGood for you.  Maybe you'd have more support and less skepticism if you'd actually engage with us instead of dismissing legitimate concerns as 'trolling'.
It's not our policy to engage "legitimate concerns" on forums that are not ours as it directs traffic to sites other than our own. The team answers every thread that is posted on Polymega's forums. The only reason I posted here is because as card-carrying PCE fan and member of this forum, I don't think the mods should be expressing bias that would prevent fair discussion from occurring. Which is what you're getting flack from me personally for.

QuoteThis isn't your forum.  I don't delete posts and threaten bans because of dissenting opinions and simple complaints.
Right, because if it was, you'd already be demoted.

Here's a nice image of the PCE.

IMG

TheClash603

As a public relations major who has worked in a sales role since I graduated, I will say Polymega's strategies are not by the book.

I am not a repro fan, I typically only play games on real hardware so I am not here to critique the quality of the Polymega.

dangdang

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/26/2018, 03:15 PMAs a public relations major who has worked in a sales role since I graduated, I will say Polymega's strategies are not by the book.

I am not a repro fan, I typically only play games on real hardware so I am not here to critique the quality of the Polymega.
Important not to confuse an in-market product that is being sold with an in-development product that has trade secrets and intellectual property to protect. People may call BS, but its true. Try patenting something in Taiwan if you disagree.  :wink:

NecroPhile

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 01:49 PMThen by all means continue to do what you're doing.
Thanks, bro, I'll do that!

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 01:49 PMSpeaking for the project, it's not at all about the merits of what you said, which actually is open for healthy debate, instead that as a mod - you hold a position of authority which makes your comments hold sway above and beyond that of a standard forum member, and by using this forum / platform to comment, you express bias that potentially could prevent other members who might have otherwise been open to expressing a counterpoint from engaging in meaningful discussion.
What is a fact, is to see smack talking directly from the mods shows that there's a serious lack of professionalism going on. The only thing seemingly idealistic on my side is the expectation that a popular forum mod would have some integrity.
The only reason I posted here is because as card-carrying PCE fan and member of this forum, I don't think the mods should be expressing bias that would prevent fair discussion from occurring. Which is what you're getting flack from me personally for.
You keep claiming I'm biased and lack integrity, yet nothing I've said is dishonest, unethical, dishonorable, or unfair; it's based entirely on what we (the general public) have seen in official statements.  What you're really claiming is that a mod shouldn't opine about anything, and that's simply horseshit.  I can't think of a single fan forum that requires or even expects their mods to never comment on anything (positive or negative) in fear that everyone else will follow suit.

Let's get real here: if I was being 100% positive about the polymega, you'd think I was the best mod evah! and doing god's work.  We both know you're not on douphile berating Nulltard for being a amoral, biased jerk.  :lol:

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 01:49 PMIt's not surprising that many of the people who have seen / played / vouched for and reported back to this forum their experiences using the system are no longer around.
Your (willful?) ignorance is showing again.  It's not because of me that Nulltard and friends are gone.

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 01:49 PMAs a PCEFX forum member, I will happily debate the merits of what you actually said from an informed insider position, but it's so far off, it's not really even worth the time and effort.
Since you can't debate facts, you're going to stick to telling us how this forum should be run?  Understood.  :lol:

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 01:49 PMMisquoted me. I said I've heard rumors that the op situation here was bad, not that it was or wasn't fact.
Yep, sorry about that.  I went back and removed my unintentionally added words.

Quote from: dangdang on 04/26/2018, 01:49 PMIt's not our policy to engage "legitimate concerns" on forums that are not ours as it directs traffic to sites other than our own. The team answers every thread that is posted on Polymega's forums.
Yes, but like I said, you answer it with "just wait, it'll be awesome, trust us!"

DildoKKKobold

I gotta agree with Necro. The PR on this hasn't been great.

I like dangdang as a person. He's a great guy. However, he's definitely not winning the favor of the community by condescending to everyone. People who have actually seen the demo are impressed... but we live in the post-Coleco-Chameleon world. People are going to be skeptical, and very few people have actually seen the thing. Thus, it sounds like a bunch of marketing hype with very little substance.

That said, no one has asked for money for this project. The best PR move would be "We hear your concerns, we agree that we came out too early, and please be patient with us. We won't ask for money until we have a product ready to sell." Getting into the weeds with members of the community doesn't do anyone any good.
For a good time, email: kylethomson@gmail.com
Dildos provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
DoxPhile .com / chat
IMG

esteban

Hmmm.... interesting developments in this thread recently. 

I wasn't expecting for there to be any life in this desiccated, leathery old sack of wondermega.

LostFlunky

Quote from: guest on 04/26/2018, 04:18 PMI gotta agree with Necro. The PR on this hasn't been great.

I like dangdang as a person. He's a great guy. However, he's definitely not winning the favor of the community by condescending to everyone. People who have actually seen the demo are impressed... but we live in the post-Coleco-Chameleon world. People are going to be skeptical, and very few people have actually seen the thing. Thus, it sounds like a bunch of marketing hype with very little substance.

That said, no one has asked for money for this project. The best PR move would be "We hear your concerns, we agree that we came out too early, and please be patient with us. We won't ask for money until we have a product ready to sell." Getting into the weeds with members of the community doesn't do anyone any good.
Nice post.   I have no animosity towards Polymega, just 25+ years of internet experience.    Failed projects announced too early have been the butt of internet follies for a really long time, and they always seem to start out the same way...

It would be nice to suddenly wake up and hear about a previously unannounced console that is available for sale, but unfortunately no-one seems to want to follow that model.  Just remember - Mike Kennedy didn't ruin it for everyone else - that would be giving him too much credit as he was not the first - he just ruined it for the next couple guys.

I really wish Polymega luck - and I hope you are having fun doing this...

dangdang

@DK I think you're showing exactly the kind of qualities that it takes to be a moderator -- which speaks exactly to my only real point in participating in this discussion. When the moderator is no longer mediating the discussion and is choosing a side, whats left? Your words are markedly clearer and more fair, while you still have an opinion of the subject at hand.

schweaty

youre looking at this all wrong.  just because NecroPhile is a mod doesnt mean that anyone takes his opinion around here any more seriously than the next guy's.  in fact, no one really cares about anyone's opinion around here other than their own  :mrgreen:.  we're mostly middle-aged dad-types who are pretty set on our ways.  stick around for a while and you'll be just as crusty as the rest of us.