10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

Random Pictures Thread

Started by Joe Redifer, 02/10/2010, 02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vecanti

Terminator. Who knew? :)

/3288full.jpg
/3290full.jpg

Mathius

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

God, Tats! Too many lulz, dammit! The idiot squirrel was too much. Just too much.

Opethian

IMG

henrycsc

Wanted:
Bootleg Hucards (Hong Kong, China)
Third Party Hardware (US, Japan, China, Europe, Korea)
Canadian Boxes and Manuals (French text)
Ton's of Trades available - just PM me.

hoobs88

1 title needed for a complete US Turbo Grafx collection: Magical Chase
Parasol Stars High Score = 119,783,770
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=9292.0
League of Legends Summoner Name = DeviousSideburns

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

I guess that advert explains what happened to the Turbob's marketing staff.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

blueraven

That is a fucking brilliant ad.

guyjin

pfft. it's clearly been airbrushed.

the screenshots aren't jaggy enough. ;)

Mathius

I remember that ad! Love it!

rodek

Opethian

IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Opethian

IMG

Mathius

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Mathius on 01/18/2011, 11:33 PM
Quote from: Opethian on 01/18/2011, 11:05 PMIMG
chop5 ninja service
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
double lulz!  :lol: :lol:

Those lighter cycles really are impossibru.  :shock:
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

esteban

IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Opethian

IMG
this should be a smiley 4 sho
IMG

Joe Redifer

It's not big enough to be a smiley.

Tatsujin

and it fails in right font size :)

Tatsujin

Tatsujin

esteban

Clippy :)

Microsoft Hit Wizard is available in all of the major genres, unfortunately.  :(

Joe Redifer

I think it's funny how they call rap "R&B" now.

Starfighter

I hate Clippy! He's stalking me! I turned him off the first day I laid my fingers on a keyboard but he seems to find new ways to stick his face in mine. :D

nectarsis

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/22/2011, 03:46 AMI think it's funny how they call rap "R&B" now.
I pray this post is in jest.
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

ParanoiaDragon

Dat's because 99.9% of rap these days is Rappin' Bullsh*t! :D
IMG

Joe Redifer

Why do you hope it is in jest?  Rap sure as hell ain't the Blues with rhythm attached.  It's nothing like real R&B.  It's basically just rap with a chorus (which usually features actual singing).  C-Lo Green's Fuck You is way more R&B than rap is.  That's an actual song.  You can't really describe a rap piece as a "song" unless it has more singing than rapping.

blueraven

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 01/22/2011, 05:24 AMWhy do you hope it is in jest?  Rap sure as hell ain't the Blues with rhythm attached.  It's nothing like real R&B.  It's basically just rap with a chorus (which usually features actual singing).  C-Lo Green's Fuck You is way more R&B than rap is.  That's an actual song.  You can't really describe a rap piece as a "song" unless it has more singing than rapping.
I'm just going to sit this one out and see what everyone else has to say. I do like C-Lo Green Though.

ParanoiaDragon

I don't even consider real R&B if this day & age, real R&B.  R&B to me is the old soul stuff from the 70's.  As for rap being a song, I believe it is...well, atleast the good stuff aka underground hip hop(with a few popular groups on the radio like The Roots, Beastie Boys, etc.) & most ol school.  All rap has a melody, it's just contained in the lyrics themselves, along with chorus' & bridges, etc.  It's just a different way of presenting music, with it being more lyrically based(or debased :D) then all other music, which is more instrument based.
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: ParanoiaDragon on 01/22/2011, 05:32 PMI don't even consider real R&B if this day & age, real R&B.  R&B to me is the old soul stuff from the 70's.
I don't blame you. R&B has really taken a nose dive the past 20-30 years. Alicia Keys is an example of a contemporary R&B artist that is able to take the R&B of old and properly add bits of Hip Hop when necessary. In other words, she got class and talent. A lot of modern R&B is sung by girls who wouldn't be able to sing live if their life depended on it. And of course Hip Hop is music. I feel ridiculous even talking about it. lol

It's not just R&B that has gone downhill. Rock 'n Roll has arguably taken an even steeper nose dive in the past 20 years. Anyways, I think this guy said it best about music in general, "Everybody's talkin' 'bout the new sound; funny, but it's still Rock 'n Roll to me.".

The actual problem is the music industry itself. They can blame P2P for declining sales, but if they weren't only concerned with making disposable hits performed by disposable artists, then maybe people would have a more vested interest in the artists. Besides, blaming P2P for the declining industry is a bunch of BS. The music industry is declining because the music industry sucks. Record labels don't invest in their artists anymore. Instead of nurturing and developing the artist, they get a shitty record "deal" and are thrown to the curb. I'm not even sure what the benefits of a record deal are anymore. Unless you're a Justin Beiber type, or some other kind of disposable nonsense like that, your label doesn't even know you exist.

That's my rant. lol
IMG

esteban

Good contemporary music exists, it's just (too much) work to find it.

Mathius

Record labels definitely don't care about the music anymore. Back in the 60s we (music buffs) would hang on every note coming from John Lennon's black Rickenbacker, or Jack Bruce's (Cream) Gibson bass to name a few. Like Ceti said it's all disposable now. It's really really sad. Real honest to God music died along with the Grunge era IMO.

esteban

Quote from: Mathius on 01/23/2011, 06:24 PMRecord labels definitely don't care about the music anymore. Back in the 60s we (music buffs) would hang on every note coming from John Lennon's black Rickenbacker, or Jack Bruce's (Cream) Gibson bass to name a few. Like Ceti said it's all disposable now. It's really really sad. Real honest to God music died along with the Grunge era IMO.
If you look back, older generations have been lamenting the loss of ______________ in the younger generations since, well, forever. Like you, I myself am guilty of making this critique with a broad strokes. But, if we're honest, we'll acknowledge that the issue is far more complex.

Tatsujin

lol, that stupid pic made this thread so off-topic.

Opethian

lets get back on track...

popsicles.jpg
IMG

Tatsujin

Opethian

IMG

Tatsujin

blueraven

Tatsujin

mainly due to the fact that I often get asleep in front of my PC and as so often it happens, i'm logged onto PCEFX at that time.
So that gave me some extra hours onto my account :lol:

NecroPhile

Anybody that's logged in for over 100 days is a fucking loser.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

so then.. i guess, i'm just a fucking loser :(

Mathius

I am working towards that goal. :mrgreen:

blueraven

I guess I'm half a fucking loser.

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 01/24/2011, 11:15 AMAnybody that's logged in for over 100 days is a fucking loser.
:lol:
IMG

Tatsujin

anyway, for 99.999999999999999999989467341% of all forums on the whole internetz I would agree with NecroPhile without batting an eye, but not in this case here.

This is our maximum obey place where all real obeyers gathering together. It's our MEKKA! The longer your in, the wiser you are!

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: Tatsujin on 01/24/2011, 07:06 PManyway, for 99.999999999999999999989467341% of all forums on the whole internetz I would agree with necrophile without batting an eye, but not in this case here.

This is our maximum obey place where all real obeyers gathering together. It's our MEKKA! The longer your in, the wiser you are!
haha. I believe he was just joshin'. The more OBEY, the better. lol
IMG