OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnykonami

Quote from: Mathius on 12/06/2017, 05:24 PMThe wifey bought me an early Christmas gift this year. I finally got a snes mini! I'm super impressed with its build quality, especially the controllers. Great and surprising selection of games. My only complaints are the length of the controller cords though I'm sure someone out there will be making extensions for them soon.
There's already extensions, check Amazon.  I bought a couple myself, they are plenty long!

Mathius

^^They're so cheap that I'm going to get a set anyway.

nectarsis

newest GETS (been after Chiki for quite some time), and stoked to have Veigues back in my collection...an underappreciated gem

/20171211_111214_zpsambzf4pp.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Medic_wheat

Apart from being on CD. And ebay listing suggesting it's a $150-200 dollar game.

How is it different then the Genesis cart game?

nectarsis

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 12/11/2017, 12:47 PMApart from being on CD. And ebay listing suggesting it's a $150-200 dollar game.

How is it different then the Genesis cart game?
IIRC lack of 2 player and some graphical differences :

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=6609.0

(somewhere in here LOL)

NecroPhile

PCE vs. MD: https://www.tg-16.com/screenshot_comparisons_action.htm#Chiki_Chiki_Boys
PCE vs. Arcade: http://www.pcengine.co.uk/HTML_Comps/Comp_ChikiChikiBoys.htm

In short, the PCE version lacks the parallax found in the arcade and FEKA versions, but it is much more faithful in representing the original Arcade art.  The PCE keeps the two player simultaneous option missing in the FEKA version, but the FEKA version adds a shop between stages where you can spend collected coins on health, weapons, etc.

Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Got an Arcade Card Duo among some other things from a secret santa on another site. I was kinda blown away, very generous.

ClodBusted

You should be. Now keep those sweet, sweet AC games coming.

Medic_wheat

I bought myself a Christmas gift for. Well. Myself.

Hello Turbo Express!

Once Santa Postoffixe delivers you.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 12/14/2017, 05:03 PMYou should be. Now keep those sweet, sweet AC games coming.
Mmmhmmmm. I got a Wrestling game on the way.

Already burned off Sapphire because yeah I'm not buying that.

nectarsis

My first Eaglemoss ships (both for 5 shipped i couldnt pass up), and a classic Hallmark

/20171218_010026_zpsvn9hlugl.jpg

neodogg

Quote from: bartre on 11/03/2017, 11:42 PMGot a copy of Vampire Chroncle: For Matching Service in a trade today.

Been wanting it for a while, especially since I'm riding the 2D fighter train hard lately.
You must know some cool people...

neodogg

Quote from: bartre on 11/03/2017, 11:42 PMGot a copy of Vampire Chroncle: For Matching Service in a trade today.

Been wanting it for a while, especially since I'm riding the 2D fighter train hard lately.
You must know some cool people...

Gypsy

Got these blurays today.

Indiana Jones The Complete Adventures, Ran, The Samurai Trilogy, Throne of Blood, Three Outlaw Samurai, The Sword of Doom, The Complete Lady Snowblood, Kagemusha, Princess Bride and Labyrinth.

esteban

Quote from: Gypsy on 12/20/2017, 05:16 PMGot these blurays today.

Indiana Jones The Complete Adventures, Ran, The Samurai Trilogy, Throne of Blood, Three Outlaw Samurai, The Sword of Doom, The Complete Lady Snowblood, Kagemusha, Princess Bride and Labyrinth.
Throne of Blood... Kurosawa?

I haven't seen that in ages, but damn, that one scene in particular (no spoilers)....
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Gypsy

Yep. Looking forward to watching it. Some of these were just finally replacing my dvds.

EvilEvoIX

Is Photobucket working again?  Did I miss something?

IMG
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

turboswimbz

I don't think so I get this when I click on your picture:

Need to share images to other websites?

Upgrade to our Plus 500 plan for $399.99 a year

That's Just over $1 a day!

UNLIMITED 3rd party hosting made easy, effective, and safe.

Learn More

EDIT: today your link is an update your account picture.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

bartre

worked for me.
kinda refreshing

EvilEvoIX

Photobucket has ruined the internet.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

NoSexGex

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 12/23/2017, 01:12 PMPhotobucket has ruined the internet.
Yup, it's quite amazing if u think about it
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

NightWolve

Full Internet equipment upgrade for Comcast service. Bought it all a while ago but posting here now. Spent up to $300 in total...

facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10215075305105413&id=1514432607

IMG

It's a new DOCSIS 3.1 modem, won from eBay, a true gigabit model. I'm hoping it can better maintain a stable connection than my old one...

The old SBG6580 became a daily problem, suffering from high noise in the cable line or too many Comcast customers in one neighborhood node, dunno what causes the noise at certain hours, but grounding IS VERY IMPORTANT to help, at least it helps reduce lost/uncorrectable TCP packets!

I made use of 2 new copper ground rods I installed outside and inside which has helped stabilize the connection better, though it hasn't been enough. I just didn't trust the old modem anymore and felt it time to upgrade in the hopes of improving the service given it supports 4x the downstream channels.

I learned that the fan mod I did to the old Motorola SBG6580 modem was VERY IMPORTANT!! The CPU runs hot, when it gets too hot, then you start seeing lost packets and the Signal to Noise ratio drop to 28 decibels which is bad, it must be above 33 for the modem to keep a stable signal...

Long story short, I had removed my fan because I thought the EM field might be a problem, but it was lack of grounding which I solved recently, so by putting a mini fan pointing at the CPU, the bastard was working pretty normally again!!!

The thing wasn't designed for a fan, I hacked/modded it given somebody else's advice I got off Google, which yeah, turns out was very necessary... Anyway, it's going in the garbage.

So new modem is stable and runs warm, NOT hot! It's working with the 2 routers I set up for it, one is for my renters who I share the ISP with. I should've bought this one a long time ago! Pretty happy so far!

WiFi Router is AC2300 from MicroCenter on sale for $99. Spent $139 on modem, $50 for a second AC1900 router, then another $20 on gold plated cat7 gigabit Ethernet cables to do it right, etc.

microcenter.com/product/478607/Archer_C2300AC2300_Wireless_MU-MIMO_Gigabit_Router

TR0N

Switch owner finally,had to sell a game and console so i have the money for one.Since super mario odyssey and xenoblade chronicles 2 release i was sold on one.
IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Gypsy

I got some rad stuff yesterday including Ginga Force on 360 which is a shooty I have never played before and a white Japanese Saturn which looks quite nice next to a Dreamcast and Duo R. The guy that sent the Saturn even sent some legit fun freebie games in Daytona USA and Panzer Dragoon Zwei.

Mathius

Quote from: TR0N on 12/24/2017, 03:11 AMSwitch owner finally,had to sell a game and console so i have the money for one.Since super mario odyssey and xenoblade chronicles 2 release i was sold on one.
IMG
Be sure to download Sonic Mania and Blaster Master Zero. Both games are wonderful. BMZ has my favorite soundtrack of this whole year, and this goes even more for the tunes that are unique to this release and not the original.

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 12/24/2017, 10:54 PM
Quote from: TR0N on 12/24/2017, 03:11 AMSwitch owner finally,had to sell a game and console so i have the money for one.Since super mario odyssey and xenoblade chronicles 2 release i was sold on one.
IMG
Be sure to download Sonic Mania and Blaster Master Zero. Both games are wonderful. BMZ has my favorite soundtrack of this whole year, and this goes even more for the tunes that are unique to this release and not the original.
All ready have sonic mania on PS4.Though blaster master zero was the first game i downloaded for the switch  :mrgreen:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

nectarsis

next 4 pics are from the ULTIMATE bundle of GREATNESS from Beemer:

/20171219_130001_zpsea3z3nmz.jpg

Ebay/mail call/Xmas goodies:

/20171223_221448_zpsjqi8odfg.jpg

Flare65

Nice haul Nectarsis! 

Didn't realize they put Christine out on Blu Ray.  One of my favorite 80's movie!  Gonna have top pick it up.  Does it have a downloadable copy included? 

How are you liking Cursed Castilla on vita?

Mathius

It's about time you got Ys I & II back, Neccler. I was nearly ready to liberate your PCFX card.

nectarsis

Quote from: Flare65 on 12/26/2017, 02:52 PMNice haul Nectarsis! 

Didn't realize they put Christine out on Blu Ray.  One of my favorite 80's movie!  Gonna have top pick it up.  Does it have a downloadable copy included? 

How are you liking Cursed Castilla on vita?
Christine has Ultraviolet HD included.

Cursed Castilla is pretty much the same on Vita as PS4 (I think PS4 has a few more options) but decent throwback fun.

Quote from: Mathius on 12/26/2017, 05:39 PMIt's about time you got Ys 1&2 back, Neccler. I was nearly ready to liberate your PCFX card.
:P :P

mitsuman

Picked up a Sega Genesis, Xbox 360, PS1, PS2 slim, PS3; PSP(busted), and a handful of games for a few of the systems. Spent this evening cleaning them all up and trying to sort through the rats nest of cords and controllers. So far, the Genesis is the only thing that is complete.

nectarsis

HUGE thank you to CrackTiger for Last Alert, and Final Zone II.  :dance: :dance: :dance:

/nectarsis/20171230_173346_zpskn5ig1d3.jpg

Mathius

Solid trio. I haven't played my Final Zone II or Last Alert in years.

turboswimbz

man do I love the art of DRAGON EGG!

That cover says 91'!

. . . . much better than FZ2's purple trump guy and last alerts constipation rocky.
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

esteban

Quote from: turboswimbz on 12/31/2017, 12:05 PMman do I love the art of DRAGON EGG!

That cover says 91'!

. . . . much better than FZ2's purple trump guy and last alerts constipation rocky.
IMG

johnnykonami

I got a complete (new, already opened it, don't worry) SFII for PCE.  I've never seen this weirdness with the little hooks and the holes in the hucard cover!  Any other games do that?

esteban

Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/02/2018, 06:01 PMI got a complete (new, already opened it, don't worry) SFII for PCE.  I've never seen this weirdness with the little hooks and the holes in the hucard cover!  Any other games do that?
Many of the later games...off the top of my head...
Bomberman '93
SuperSystem 3 and Arcade Card
Konami games?

Gypsy

Had a bunch of cheap crap arrive today. Bluray movies and 360 games mostly. Haven't played most of these 360 games before so looking forward to that.

Lollipop Chainsaw, Anarchy Reigns, Ninja Blade, Split/Second, Rumble Roses XX, Deathsmiles and Asura's Wrath are all the 360 games.

xcrement5x

Quote from: esteban on 01/02/2018, 06:56 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 01/02/2018, 06:01 PMI got a complete (new, already opened it, don't worry) SFII for PCE.  I've never seen this weirdness with the little hooks and the holes in the hucard cover!  Any other games do that?
Many of the later games...off the top of my head...
Bomberman '93
SuperSystem 3 and Arcade Card
Konami games?
Fire Pro Wrestling 3

Gypsy

Soldier Blade, PC Denjin, PC Genjin 3 and Genji Tsushin Agedama as well.

johnnykonami

Woah, that's a lot more titles than I thought, figured it was maybe a double width case thing.

NecroPhile

That's how all the later white tray games and system cards are.  Official ones only, though, as the Games Express games have a differently designed tray without the pegs.

nectarsis

a sweet trade from Bartre  :dance: :dance:

/20180105_235740_zpsexlmbn93.jpg

johnnykonami

IMG

Got a modded Core Grafx from Keith Courage this weekend.  Thanks Keith!

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me a few things: J Thunder and Fire Pro Female Wrestling for PCE; Anime Freak FX Vol. 4, Deep Blue Fleet, Farland Story FX, Tenchi Muyo, and Wakusei-Kōgekitai Little Cats for PC-FX; a nice charger stand thingy for my PSTV and PSP Go DS3 controllers; and some tasty chocolate.

All came from good egg xele.  :mrgreen:

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 01/12/2018, 09:31 AMYesterday's mail brought me a few things: J Thunder and Fire Pro Female Wrestling for PCE; Anime Freak FX Vol. 4, Deep Blue Fleet, Farland Story FX, Tenchi Muyo, and Wakusei-Kōgekitai Little Cats for PC-FX; a nice charger stand thingy for my PSTV and PSP Go DS3 controllers; and some tasty chocolate.

All came from good egg xele.  :mrgreen:
Charger stand thingy is the technical term right?

I actually have a PCE wrestling game coming too but it will be a bit yet.

I did recently get the first 3 Ranma 1/2 bluray sets so I'm looking forward to starting that soon.

NecroPhile

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/12/2018, 10:05 AMCharger stand thingy is the technical term right?
Heck yeah!

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/12/2018, 10:05 AMI actually have a PCE wrestling game coming too but it will be a bit yet.
Which one ya getting?  I'm not big into wrassling games, but I was lured into snagging this one because it's one of the few Arcade Card games and it was cheap.....  it doesn't look all that fun.

Gypsy

I actually really like the fire pro series, been playing a fair bit of the Dreamcast one lately.

The one I have coming is also a cheapy arcade game, Battlefield 94. I have no idea how well it will play but I am interested to try it out.

nectarsis

It's going to be a good weekend

/nectarsis/20180113_195251_zpsk7y8zdpr.jpg

turboswimbz