10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple1308

Well i got bonks revenge and legendary axe

xcrement5x

What's in the Firefly CE?  I just have the BluRay discs of the series.

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 01/22/2018, 10:43 AMWhat's in the Firefly CE?  I just have the BluRay discs of the series.
Not enough to justify the msrp imo.

xcrement5x

Just got the Limited Edition version of The Coma: Recut from Play-Asia!

IMG

I played this a bit on my friend's XBone awhile back and the combination of horror, puzzles, and brutal enemies made me super excited when I saw a physical version was going to be released.

Their listing says that it comes with a Collector's Box, Game Disc + Manual (64 pages), Original Soundtrack, and Numbered Certificate.  But there were also the extra bonuses from Play-Asia in the form of the big sticker sheet, regular sticker, plus a cool rubber coaster thing that's got the name/emblem of the school from the game. Definitely not bad for $30 (plus shipping).

Looks like they are also still in stock if anyone is interested:
https://www.play-asia.com/the-coma-recut-limited-edition/13/70bpwd?tagid=2797019

nectarsis

Quote from: Gypsy on 01/22/2018, 03:11 PM
Quote from: guest on 01/22/2018, 10:43 AMWhat's in the Firefly CE?  I just have the BluRay discs of the series.
Not enough to justify the msrp imo.
$15 is hardly break the bank LOL it comes with character cards a map of the verse and three Blu-rays in digipak packaging
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Medic_wheat

I am getting kind of burned out on head limited physical games where the majority feel like something I would have played on Mewgrounds as a flash game in the 1999s or early 2000s

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/24/2018, 10:12 PMI am getting kind of burned out on head limited physical games where the majority feel like something I would have played on Mewgrounds as a flash game in the 1999s or early 2000s
I agree, if you've noticed I have not been buying/posting very much LRG stuff at all in the last like 8 months or so.  This game I have already played a bit though and really enjoyed and wanted to drop the cash on the physical/LE version of it.  Reviews on Steam are positive as well, but with all things the decision is up to each person if they want it ;)

Medic_wheat

Quote from: guest on 01/24/2018, 10:22 PM
Quote from: Medic_wheat on 01/24/2018, 10:12 PMI am getting kind of burned out on head limited physical games where the majority feel like something I would have played on Mewgrounds as a flash game in the 1999s or early 2000s
I agree, if you've noticed I have not been buying/posting very much LRG stuff at all in the last like 8 months or so.  This game I have already played a bit though and really enjoyed and wanted to drop the cash on the physical/LE version of it.  Reviews on Steam are positive as well, but with all things the decision is up to each person if they want it ;)
Very true.

Gypsy

Most of my audio stuff has now come in.

Parasound HCA 2200 II amp, Magnepan Mini speakers and a very basic pre-amp for volume control that I will replace at some point. Just waiting now for the Parasound Zdac I ordered so I can hook up my digital sources.

Digi.k

McDonalds UK happy meals...

Couldn't catch them all

IMG

xcrement5x

Oh that's cool.  We've got YoKai things right now.

wildfruit

Just got these two. Finally replaced my mislaid asterix for master system. Been missing for years. Randomly saw it in a second hand shop window for £2.

Axiom verge is great fun. The glue the outlay was stuck on with is stupid strong though. No way to avoid ripping the outlay and marking the box. I know it's just a box but still butt hurt.

IMG

NecroPhile

Yesterday's mail brought me a Vita case.  It's bigger and clunkier than I was expecting, but it's the "correct" one to have since it originally came with my Vita.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 01/30/2018, 05:44 PMYesterday's mail brought me a Vita case.  It's bigger and clunkier than I was expecting, but it's the "correct" one to have since it originally came with my Vita.
Carrying case type thing? My favorite Vita accessory is the hard protective shell that came with the Muramasa LE.

NecroPhile

I bought one of these last year, with the box, docs, etc. but not the game or case:
IMG

Because I'm autistic, I had to get 'em both and make it a complete set again.  :mrgreen:

The case is okay and will keep the dust out, but it's a lot thicker than I was expecting it to be.  I also don't think it'd protect all that well (for a hard case) and would collapse along the zipper if it ever got squished.

Mathius

Anybody have any recommendations for the best Vita case? I'm not too interested in buying a whole LE set just to get one. Sorry Gypsy.  :P

Gypsy

Quote from: Mathius on 01/30/2018, 06:47 PMAnybody have any recommendations for the best Vita case? I'm not too interested in buying a whole LE set just to get one. Sorry Gypsy.  :P
Heh. For awhile it was like $20-25 or so.

I've not really been buying LEs lately anymore, too bulky.

It's not a case like what NecroPhile has anyway though, it's a hard shell that goes over the Vita.

bartre

Quote from: Mathius on 01/30/2018, 06:47 PMAnybody have any recommendations for the best Vita case? I'm not too interested in buying a whole LE set just to get one. Sorry Gypsy.  :P
https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Heavy-Duty-PlayStation-Vita-Sony-PS/dp/B00XK623WO/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1517358141&sr=8-3&keywords=vita%2Bcase&th=1

These cases are amazing.

Mathius

nectarsis

REALLY happy with the Simpsons set...Seasons 1-10+ movie for $22  :dance: :dance:

Also nabbed Demon Gaze 2 on a NIS store restock for original retail

/nectarsis/20180128_000648_zpszp5mm8aj.jpg

seieienbu

I stopped buying them the season where the set was shaped like Homer's head.  If memory serves, that's still a good season but it was close enough to where I stop liking the show that I was fine justifying not buying the DVDs because of a dumb shaped box that didn't work well on a shelf.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

nectarsis

Quote from: seieienbu on 02/02/2018, 04:03 PMI stopped buying them the season where the set was shaped like Homer's head.  If memory serves, that's still a good season but it was close enough to where I stop liking the show that I was fine justifying not buying the DVDs because of a dumb shaped box that didn't work well on a shelf.
IIRC those sets were released in regular boxes as well I could be wrong it's been a while

seieienbu

The first wasn't originally.  After the lashback of jerks like me, Fox sold boxes online or something.  A friend of mine was able to send away to Fox for a box at some point but I think those were never sold in stores...?  I know that later seasons did have both options.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

roflmao

I picked up a Component Video Switcher from Amazon. It's remote controlled. :)

IMG
IMG

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0015F5HIY/

nectarsis

One of the best birthday weeks EVAAAA
/20180216_005425_zpsh9d7ivhu.jpg

xcrement5x

Went by Vintage Stock this morning. 

Not a ton there, got some cheapo Genesis games to gut and swap cases with my other ones, for a couple bucks.  Then a Sega AC, Vita Charger, and 6 button pad for $10.

But, I had a great score after I was looking around sections I don't normally visit.  Went by the Comic/Manga section and found these!
IMG

The Battle Angel Alita: Last Order manga: Volumes 11-15

I almost shat my pants when I saw them, for those who don't know (which is probably most people) Viz Media released the Alita manga in comic form starting in 1995.  They did a couple revisions of the original series, and then when Kishiro did Last Order they started translating/releasing them as well.  They released it up until late 2011 and then the license went to someone else, Kodansha Comics, who continued releasing the last several volumes.  Viz did 1-15, and Kodansha did 16-19, and then released Omnibus editions later.  But, the later Viz volumes are like incredibly expensive and hard to locate anymore, hence why I was elated to get these at only $5. 

I suppose you might be asking, why didn't I keep purchasing the series after volume 10 and got behind?  Well, I used to buy all my manga at Borders back then, and when they folded (mid 2011 near me) I was left with no easy way for me to get the volumes anymore so I just forgot about it.  When I realized Last Order had ended a couple years back I started to look for the missing volumes, but was saddened to see there were a number that were so expensive, and I really didn't want to rebuy the whole thing in Omnibus edition.  So, it's been a couple years coming, but I've finally got the volumes I for Last Order I didn't think I'd ever find.

Medic_wheat

Maybe that's why they priced these so low. Because there is a omnibus edition?

NightWolve

Recently I added more Silent Hill games to my respectable backlog collection.

IMG

schweaty

PSA: vintage stock is doing buy 2 get 1 free on used video games for the weekend
IMG

Purple1308

I found a japanese version of kirby super star deluxe at my half price

gheebee

Recent game, TV, and movie acquisitions:

IMG
IMG

TheClash603

Glad I'm not the only one still playing Wii U.

Today I have to go see if there is a PSVR set for $200 still available on sale.  My Processor Unit broke just after the warranty expired and they are charging me $100 to replace it.  Would rather just pay $200 And get a whole new headset.

bartre

local craigslist buy this week

IMG

Gypsy

Hot. One of the best games on the system too (Crazy Taxi).

This is most of the crap I have acquired this month. Already been getting busy with watching stuff and I'll be starting Suikoden today (finished up Mana Khemia 2 last night).

Star Trek TNG Complete Series BD (ironically shortly after I completed my dvd set but it was a really good price)
Suikoden 1/2 (2 was $5)
Yakiniku Bugyou (JP PS1 cool cheap game)
Babylon 5 Seasons 1-5 and movie set
Ranma 1/2 BD set 4/5/6 and OAV set (just need set 7 now
Raystorm/Raycrisis double pack
Namco Museum 1-2 & 4-5 (PS1 JP)
Xanadu, Legend of Heroes Dragon Slayer 1-2 (PCE)
SNK Arcade Classics Wii

NightWolve

Both Silent Hill purchases have safely arrived from Sunny Florida. Cost: $29 + $20. I realized my upgraded Windows PC should be powerful enough to run that PS3 emulator, so might not need to borrow a PS3 console though I have both options. #SilentHill

IMG
IMG
IMG

ToyMachine78

Picked up a new puppy from the animal shelter... She's pawsome awesome
IMG
IMG
IMG

Gypsy

What a cutie! Also good on you going to the shelter. :D

Bloufo

Quote from: guest on 02/23/2018, 01:19 PMPicked up a new puppy from the animal shelter... She's pawsome awesome
That's a cutie pie right there.  :D

Not much of a purchase, just a DB9 to PSX controller adapter. Mainly got it for my Amiga CD32, and Commodore  64.

I tried it as well on a Master System. I tested it with a wireless PS2 controller and receiver. No issues with button mapping. It works fine. You can use the analog sticks as well.
Only thing was the DB9 end of the adapter wouldn't fit flush in the SMS controller port. So I had to use a controller extension cable as a workaround.

IMG

nectarsis

Last goodies (except whats preordered/on the way) until MGC

/zps7qc0a5h1.jpg

Medic_wheat

A few things over the past few weeks. As usual never really sure what I have or haven't posted. Pretty sure there is some other stuff laying around. But meh.

IMG

It's the clear see through Nt. It is up stairs. To lazy to go up but here is a box.

If I had know. That 009 is getting a Blu-ray compete release I'd have skipped out on. Is. Also with he man if I had known a compete collection is avilable for like $20 I'd have skipped this. But I do like me some flea markets.  Also same with gunbuster. I should just get the blue ray copy.

IMG

Totally missed out on hat latest vita release. Looks like wensday my skull girls is shipping. Yeah. Me.

IMG

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/25/2018, 05:36 PMA few things over the past few weeks. As usual never really sure what I have or haven't posted. Pretty sure there is some other stuff laying around. But meh.

IMG

It's the clear see through Nt. It is up stairs. To lazy to go up but here is a box.

If I had know. That 009 is getting a Blu-ray compete release I'd have skipped out on. Is. Also with he man if I had known a compete collection is avilable for like $20 I'd have skipped this. But I do like me some flea markets.  Also same with gunbuster. I should just get the blue ray copy.

IMG

Totally missed out on hat latest vita release. Looks like wensday my skull girls is shipping. Yeah. Me.

IMG
If you have the other VHS tapes for Gunbuster as well I'd be interested if you are looking to get the BD instead.

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Gypsy on 02/25/2018, 06:36 PMIf you have the other VHS tapes for Gunbuster as well I'd be interested if you are looking to get the BD instead.
I don't. However the guy I bought it from has loads of VHS and DVDS at the flea market. When I go back (might be a while) I'll see if he has the other volumes.

Gypsy

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 02/25/2018, 08:38 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 02/25/2018, 06:36 PMIf you have the other VHS tapes for Gunbuster as well I'd be interested if you are looking to get the BD instead.
I don't. However the guy I bought it from has loads of VHS and DVDS at the flea market. When I go back (might be a while) I'll see if he has the other volumes.
Awesome thanks. There should just be 3 of them for the original Gunbuster.

Flare65

Quote from: nectarsis on 02/24/2018, 02:07 AMLast goodies (except whats preordered/on the way) until MGC

/zps7qc0a5h1.jpg
Would love to see some unboxing pics of that Vita!

bartre

Not impressive, but I finally ran across a copy of Winback 2 for the oXbox.
never played it, looking forward to seeing how bad it got.

NecroPhile

Heh, nice figurines of Crow and Tom Servo.  :mrgreen:

Purple1308

I went and bought dugeon explorer

DragonmasterDan

IMGI crowdfunded this a while back and it arrived
--DragonmasterDan

schweaty

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/02/2018, 08:14 PMIMGI crowdfunded this a while back and it arrived
I saw this when it started, but didn't have a 64 at the time.  Let us know what you think of it

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: schweaty on 03/02/2018, 08:41 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 03/02/2018, 08:14 PMIMGI crowdfunded this a while back and it arrived
I saw this when it started, but didn't have a 64 at the time.  Let us know what you think of it
I just played through Star Fox 64 (not its intended use with fighters) and I like the controller so far.
--DragonmasterDan