RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnykonami

Quote from: Bloufo on 10/12/2017, 07:02 AMSacrilege to soil a TE with Ninty stuff. But curiosity got the better of me.
It's slightly mindblowing seeing the TE larger than the SNES Classic.

NecroPhile

Not really, seeing as it has no screen, controller, battery compartment, or cartridge slot.  Strip it down to just the system pcb, and it'd probably fit in the SNES classic shell.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 10/12/2017, 07:02 AMIMG
Question about cable: The 1/8"*AV-in male plug for the TurboExpress/GT
... it has three sections, correct? Video and L+R audio?

I am trying to find a generic cable because I lost/misplaced mine years ago.

Thank you in advance.

*3.5mm (I forget that most of the world laughs at our weights and measurements)
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bloufo

Quote from: esteban on 10/12/2017, 03:35 PMI am trying to find a generic cable because I lost/misplaced mine years ago.

Thank you in advance.

This is what I used,

I only had the 3.5mm to female AV. But that works fine too. Just connect the ends with your regular AV cables.

IMG

To get it all working I had to get the SNES mini's HDMI signal downscaled. So I used one of those cheap chinese HDMI to AV converters.

IMG

esteban

Quote from: Bloufo on 10/12/2017, 05:18 PM
Quote from: esteban on 10/12/2017, 03:35 PMI am trying to find a generic cable because I lost/misplaced mine years ago.

Thank you in advance.

This is what I used,

I only had the 3.5mm to female AV. But that works fine too. Just connect the ends with your regular AV cables.

IMG

To get it all working I had to get the SNES mini's HDMI signal downscaled. So I used one of those cheap chinese HDMI to AV converters.

IMG
Yes, thanks for confirming. :)

I forgot you needed the extra step of HDMI —> composite, but since I have composite for all my video sources, I don't have to worry about HDMI (yet).

:)

I want to play some VHS VCR via TE/GT.... I found some old home movies at my parents... I thought it would be amusing for my brothers to see it displayed on a TE.
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

Bloufo

Quote from: esteban on 10/13/2017, 07:18 AMI want to play some VHS VCR via TE/GT.... I found some old home movies at my parents... I thought it would be amusing for my brothers to see it displayed on a TE.
I'm sure they'd get a kick out of that. lol

Speaking of VCR's,
I keep an old VCR around purely for the reason of using it to connect older consoles that only have RF as an available connection.

So basically it's to go from RF to Composite, via the VCR. I have a couple TV's that don't pick up the signal of these old systems. This solves that issue.

An RF Demodulator would have done the same job, but those aren't exactly on the cheap side.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Bloufo on 10/13/2017, 08:35 AMI'm sure they'd get a kick out of that. lol

Speaking of VCR's,
I keep an old VCR around purely for the reason of using it to connect older consoles that only have RF as an available connection.

So basically it's to go from RF to Composite, via the VCR. I have a couple TV's that don't pick up the signal of these old systems. This solves that issue.

An RF Demodulator would have done the same job, but those aren't exactly on the cheap side.
I do the same thing. I hook up Atari 2600, GASP 5200, 7800, Intellivision, Colecovision, Odyssey 2, and others through a VCR that connects to my PVM via composite.
--DragonmasterDan

Bloufo

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 10/13/2017, 09:48 AMI do the same thing. I hook up Atari 2600, GASP 5200, 7800, Intellivision, Colecovision, Odyssey 2, and others through a VCR that connects to my PVM via composite.
Yeah and the VCR doesn't have to be functional as a player/recorder either. The heads, sensor, motor, etc, of mine are pretty much shot. But of course that doesn't matter as that's not what I'm using it for. 
You can pick them up for next to nothing nowadays.

Mathius

It's been years so I forget...does routing RF thru a VCR improve the picture quality on a CRT at all?

Digi.k

got a hori fighting stick and a tempura fryer

/if7HwKO.jpg?1

Medic_wheat

Quote from: Digi.k on 10/14/2017, 08:36 AMgot a hori fighting stick and a tempura fryer
/if7HwKO.jpg
Is that the stick that works for the PC Engine, Genesis and one other system?

Digi.k

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 10/14/2017, 11:12 AMIs that the stick that works for the PC Engine, Genesis and one other system?
As far as I can tell it only works for pc engine unless there is a separate adapter for it?
IMG

LostFlunky

Quote from: Mathius on 10/13/2017, 05:45 PMIt's been years so I forget...does routing RF thru a VCR improve the picture quality on a CRT at all?
Nope.

Bloufo

Quote from: Lost Monkey on 10/16/2017, 10:54 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 10/13/2017, 05:45 PMIt's been years so I forget...does routing RF thru a VCR improve the picture quality on a CRT at all?
Nope.
Yeah, I didn't notice any particular improvement.

You could probably take it right up to HDMI, doubt it would do you much good. :P
If I had the time, for shits & giggles I could find one of my old Sony receivers, go RF from the console to the VCR, connect the VCR via Composite to the receiver, and then HDMI from the receiver to the TV.

nectarsis

After sitting with a label printed for 6 days before it actually got to USPS, a 4 day USPS delay (routed 2 states FARTHER than me) I am ready to tear up Ys Origin

/nectarsis/20171024_231923_zpswqivjnz3.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

wildfruit

nectarsis

Mail call  :dance: :dance:

/nectarsis/20171029_163103_zps3njcgraw.jpg

turboswimbz

I got to get a photos:

But I recently got Pop N Magic and an Alice Huey from Arkhan

Also picked up digitally, momodora: reverie under the moonlight.   A cute little Castlevania clone.
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

Evil Dead on UMD!  That's pretty neato; did they do the other two on UMD as well?

And Pop N Magic is the shiz.  So much cuteness and fun.

nectarsis

Quote from: guest on 10/30/2017, 11:06 AMEvil Dead on UMD!  That's pretty neato; did they do the other two on UMD as well?
And Pop N Magic is the shiz.  So much cuteness and fun.
Evil Dead 2 yes, Army of Darkness no :/

new cheapy Ebay hets

/zpsunnggcsc.jpg

Arkhan Asylum

got me some wendys chicken nuggets
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: guest on 11/01/2017, 03:08 PMgot me some wendys chicken nuggets
But did you get the BBQ sauce?
--DragonmasterDan

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/01/2017, 03:39 PM
Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 11/01/2017, 03:08 PMgot me some wendys chicken nuggets
yeah.  I had to ask for it twice because they forgot.

why do you ask what I want and then not put it in the bag.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 11/01/2017, 03:41 PM
Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/01/2017, 03:39 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/01/2017, 03:08 PMgot me some wendys chicken nuggets
yeah.  I had to ask for it twice because they forgot.

why do you ask what I want and then not put it in the bag.
Do your guy's Wendy's still (or ever had) Spicy nuggets? They got rid of them at the nearest to me so I stopped going.

Also, I prefer their honey mustard on the nugs than the bbq, with sweet and sour also beating out bbq. My wife asks for the bbq though, so I try it now and again.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: Gredler on 11/01/2017, 04:16 PMDo your guy's Wendy's still (or ever had) Spicy nuggets? They got rid of them at the nearest to me so I stopped going.

Also, I prefer their honey mustard on the nugs than the bbq, with sweet and sour also beating out bbq. My wife asks for the bbq though, so I try it now and again.
Last I knew they still had them, but I prefer the regular ones. Their honey mustard is lousy compared to other places. The sweet n sour I like, but I prefer the BBQ.
--DragonmasterDan

Arkhan Asylum

Spicy nuggets are poverty trash.

and now BK has them, so that confirms it.

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 11/01/2017, 04:23 PMSpicy nuggets are poverty trash.

and now BK has them, so that confirms it.
roflmao poverty trash because it's seasoned? pepper and spice, get that shit out of here you pond scum!

Quote from: guest on 11/01/2017, 04:23 PMand now BK has them, so that confirms it.
Touche, because I am in agreement that BK is terrible. I don't remember the last time I had it, but I do remember the bathroom trips after.

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/01/2017, 04:20 PM
Quote from: Gredler on 11/01/2017, 04:16 PMDo your guy's Wendy's still (or ever had) Spicy nuggets? They got rid of them at the nearest to me so I stopped going.

Last I knew they still had them, but I prefer the regular ones. Their honey mustard is lousy compared to other places. The sweet n sour I like, but I prefer the BBQ.
I feel the same way about the BBQ, maybe I am a BBQ snob? I don't think I've tried honey mustard at other fast food chains, what are some of your other favorites which make wendy's garbage?

Have you guys ever tried the wasabi mustard at Panda Express? Delicious.

Arkhan Asylum

the spicy nuggets were just regular nuggets soaked in bullshit, like Bojangles chicken, but in nugget form lol

Gredler

Quote from: guest on 11/01/2017, 04:31 PMthe spicy nuggets were just regular nuggets soaked in bullshit, like Bojangles chicken, but in nugget form lol
The ones down here had spices and seasoning, assuming powder added to the batter. I always prefer spicy over mild, especially with salty foods.

bartre

the two wendy's that aren't out of the way for me dropped them somewhat recently.
the one by university dropped em over the summer, and the one by my house dropped them at the start of october.

probably good, don't need wendy's in my diet.

but they do have that sriracha sauce now, so I guess we'll see.

Digi.k

got a star wars stamp collection that sits in a 3D cut out.
/4hNZ09V.jpg

Medic_wheat

Quote from: bartre on 11/02/2017, 02:02 AM
the two wendy's that aren't out of the way for me dropped them somewhat recently.
the one by university dropped em over the summer, and the one by my house dropped them at the start of october.

Same here. My wife was craving the spicy nuggets (phrasing) during her pregnancy and all the Wendy's in our area had dropped them from their menu.

Without the spicy nuggets we have no reason to go to a Wendy's.

NecroPhile

They still got chili!

Any of you try their s'awesome sauce?  I didn't think it was bad, but I'd rather have bbq or ranch.

Gypsy

Seven Samurai, Yojimbo and Sanjuro Criterion blurays. Whoever gets me for secret santa, I don't yet have Hidden Fortress or Throne of Blood. Just saying...<3

SiberianSpForces

Just got a JP copy of Soul Edge and a Free McBoot loaded PS2 memory card today. Then I need to send a PayPal payment for Elrond. Might pull the trigger on the Super CD version of Altered Beast.

Sparky

Quote from: Digi.k on 11/02/2017, 09:13 AMgot a star wars stamp collection that sits in a 3D cut out.
/4hNZ09V.jpg
That's cool, even the mail service is taking our collecting money.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: bartre on 11/02/2017, 02:02 AMthe two wendy's that aren't out of the way for me dropped them somewhat recently.

I can confirm my local Wendy's no longer has the spicy nuggets.

But.... McRib is back (at least here).
--DragonmasterDan

xcrement5x

Quote from: nectarsis on 11/01/2017, 02:59 PMEvil Dead 2 yes, Army of Darkness no :/
new cheapy Ebay hets
/zpsunnggcsc.jpg
Druaga is such a fun tropey anime.
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)

schweaty

i picked up a nomad off of craigslist and did the tft lcd screen mod.  i also figured out a much easier way to wire it in than all the tutorials online.  had to use the flash because the screen was so bright that was all you could see in the pic.

IMG

bartre

Got a copy of Vampire Chroncle: For Matching Service in a trade today.

Been wanting it for a while, especially since I'm riding the 2D fighter train hard lately.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: bartre on 11/03/2017, 11:42 PMGot a copy of Vampire Chroncle: For Matching Service in a trade today.

Been wanting it for a while, especially since I'm riding the 2D fighter train hard lately.
Do you have a nice Dreamcast joystick to go with it?
--DragonmasterDan

nectarsis

ubber bundle from bartre

/zpso2iul0lk.jpg

bartre

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/03/2017, 11:58 PM
Quote from: bartre on 11/03/2017, 11:42 PMGot a copy of Vampire Chroncle: For Matching Service in a trade today.

I've got the Agetec stick sitting in my closet.
I should get a second though...

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 11/04/2017, 01:52 PM

I have a custom stick it is the hotness. What's your favourite 2D fighter on DC? I love so many of them.

Oh I had an Akura box arrive in the mail the other day. Quality is quite good. Seems to output at 16:9 only though? Fortunately, I was able to bypass that by routing it through a DVDO Duo. Crazy Taxi was crisp af.

bartre

Quote from: Gypsy on 11/04/2017, 07:28 PM
Quote from: bartre on 11/04/2017, 01:52 PM

I have a custom stick it is the hotness. What's your favourite 2D fighter on DC? I love so many of them.

Oh I had an Akura box arrive in the mail the other day. Quality is quite good. Seems to output at 16:9 only though? Fortunately, I was able to bypass that by routing it through a DVDO Duo. Crazy Taxi was crisp af.
Well hands down my favorite fighter is Project Justice, but idk if you'd count that as 2D straight up, it plays kinda 2.5D-ish.

Outside of that, CvS2 is hands down the most FUN to play.

DragonmasterDan

Quote from: bartre on 11/04/2017, 08:49 PMWell hands down my favorite fighter is Project Justice, but idk if you'd count that as 2D straight up, it plays kinda 2.5D-ish.

If we're talking 3D on Dreamcast, My favorite is Power Stone
--DragonmasterDan

bartre

Quote from: DragonmasterDan on 11/05/2017, 01:12 AMIf we're talking 3D on Dreamcast, My favorite is Power Stone
I'd put it in the same not-exactly-a-fighting-game category as smash bros.

Gypsy

Quote from: bartre on 11/05/2017, 01:34 AMWell hands down my favorite fighter is Project Justice, but idk if you'd count that as 2D straight up, it plays kinda 2.5D-ish.

Not a bad choice at all. CvS2 is excellent.

I'd have to go with Mark of the Wolves personally. Also really like and put some hours into KoF 98, KoF 02 and Last Blade 2. I would say I moreso dabbled in most others.

Gypsy

Quote from: Gypsy on 11/02/2017, 11:48 AMSeven Samurai, Yojimbo and Sanjuro Criterion blurays. Whoever gets me for secret santa, I don't yet have Hidden Fortress or Throne of Blood. Just saying...<3
Well, scratch Hidden Fortress. Went ahead and splurged for that. Going to have a nice samurai movie binge.

xcrement5x

Went to the Buy 2 Get 1 Sale from Vintage Stock this weekend. 

Picked up a bunch of misc cables I needed like official Nintendo and Playstation AV cables, a Game Gear game, 3 copies of the same $1 Genesis Sports game just to gut for the nicer clamshells, a Game Gear rechargeable battery pack (obviously dead but I will rebuild it when I get some time), and a couple official power supplies for SNES/NES.  Almost everything worked, except for 2 of the power supplies which means I get to go through the fun of trying to return them today.  :|
Demented Clone Warrior Consensus: "My pirated forum clone is superior/more "moral" than yours, neener neener neener..."  ](*,)