10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esteban

TATS and jboypacman, THANK YOU!!! Especially jboypacman, for specifically identifying the series I was looking for!

Quote from: jboypacman on 12/20/2009, 09:35 PMEsteban those sound like the old Tomy Pocket Arcades from years gone by but to be sure check the links Tats put up that is a great site with some pictures and info that could help you out. :D
YES! It was the Tomy Pocket Arcade! Specifically this one: Torpedo Terror.

I spent a LONG time searching through the site, but I was looking for "Sub" instead of "Torpedo"!!!

The "Racing Car" game I remembered was actually Space Dock. Ha! So much for my memory. But then I started wondering if it was this: Desert Race, but I don't remember the graphic of the truck at all.

And the third game I was trying to find wasn't about planes after all, it was Attack in Space.

I can't help but think there were some variations on these products, though I couldn't find anything. I think Tomy swapped planes for Aliens... I just can't find proof!

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/20/2009, 11:05 AMjust check here:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Misc/index.html
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/

you will find 99.9% of every handheld ever produced!

:)
I spent a long time looking through this great site and was delighted to find the BeeGees Rhythm Machine... and I was even more delighted to discover that Kraftwerk used it! I wonder if they had a preference for Latin, Disco or Pop? My brain says "Pop", but my heart says "Latin"...

And, I thought I should mention that I'm drooling over  Tomy's 3D games. Sherman Attack and Skyfighters have stereo sound. Holy cr*p!

I wish I had an opportunity to play these back in the day. :(
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

jboypacman

Quote from: esteban on 12/24/2009, 06:57 AMTATS and jboypacman, THANK YOU!!! Especially jboypacman, for specifically identifying the series I was looking for!

Quote from: jboypacman on 12/20/2009, 09:35 PMEsteban those sound like the old Tomy Pocket Arcades from years gone by but to be sure check the links Tats put up that is a great site with some pictures and info that could help you out. :D
YES! It was the Tomy Pocket Arcade! Specifically this one: Torpedo Terror.

I spent a LONG time searching through the site, but I was looking for "Sub" instead of "Torpedo"!!!

The "Racing Car" game I remembered was actually Space Dock. Ha! So much for my memory. But then I started wondering if it was this: Desert Race, but I don't remember the graphic of the truck at all.

And the third game I was trying to find wasn't about planes after all, it was Attack in Space.

I can't help but think there were some variations on these products, though I couldn't find anything. I think Tomy swapped planes for Aliens... I just can't find proof!

Quote from: Tatsujin on 12/20/2009, 11:05 AMjust check here:

http://www.handheldmuseum.com/Misc/index.html
http://www.handheldmuseum.com/

you will find 99.9% of every handheld ever produced!

I spent a long time looking through this great site and was delighted to find the BeeGees Rhythm Machine... and I was even more delighted to discover that Kraftwerk used it! I wonder if they had a preference for Latin, Disco or Pop? My brain says "Pop", but my heart says "Latin"...

And, I thought I should mention that I'm drooling over  Tomy's 3D games. Sherman Attack and Skyfighters have stereo sound. Holy cr*p!

I wish I had an opportunity to play these back in the day. :(
No problem Esteban! I have been doing some reading on these great electronic hand-held/table top games from the 70s/80s for a short while now.

Am wanting to start to collect them starting next year i hope i have a few i just picked up on a trade which is cool but i find myself want more and all sorts lol.

I had a few when i was a kid but those are sadly all but long gone.

nectarsis

A couple trades just in time for Christmas

/100_1831.jpg
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

shonenx

good score nectarsis i love grandia series
You're Already Dead !!!

blueraven

Quote from: nectarsis on 12/24/2009, 06:40 PMA couple trades just in time for Christmas
/100_1831.jpg
:mrgreen: Well done!

SNKNostalgia

I never really even got a chance to try any of the Grandia games. I remember wanting to get it for the Saturn and then found out it came to the PS1 in the US. So how is it?

shonenx

i always played them on sega systems. good plays.
You're Already Dead !!!

Sparky

for xmas so far i got.... Silent Hill & MotorStorm Pacific Rift for the PS3.
Heading to my parents tomorrow so i am hoping for a couple more bits of gaming goodness :)

Oh i also got some custom license plates from me wifey :) SPARK U
same as my psn handle...Thats my girl  =D>

TR0N

Quote from: SNKNostalgia on 12/25/2009, 06:33 AMI never really even got a chance to try any of the Grandia games. I remember wanting to get it for the Saturn and then found out it came to the PS1 in the US. So how is it?
I've heard grandia suffers from a poor translation on the PS1.Still i've just played the saturn version so i don't know.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

SuperDeadite

Got a supergun with Salamander 2, Xexex, Puzzle Bobble 2X, Bubble Memories, and SPLATTERHOUSE!!!!!

IMG

I love how the pcb is bigger then the 360.  '80s tech 4EVERZ!! :)

IMG
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

guyjin

Quote from: SuperDeadite on 12/26/2009, 08:35 AMI love how the pcb is bigger then the 360.  '80s tech 4EVERZ!! :)
I love how you're so excited you can't hold the camera steady  :D

I'm crazy jealous, BTW  :D

esteban

Quote from: guyjin on 12/26/2009, 10:26 PM
Quote from: SuperDeadite on 12/26/2009, 08:35 AMI love how the pcb is bigger then the 360.  '80s tech 4EVERZ!! :)

ditto on all counts.

shonenx

Just got the MVC TE limited arcade stick today from my folks for xmas i love it !!!!!
IMG
IMG
IMG

if anyone wants pics of it out of box ill post em
You're Already Dead !!!

Sparky

just got back from my parents & got a few more goodies from them and my sister & brother-inlaw

PS3... PS3 camera ( i had to up grade to the official camera for quality of my strip teases :P )
also $20 PSN card
PSP... UndeadKnight, MotorStorm Arctic edge
oh and some sweet ass sony earbuds... they freak'n rock on my psp.

<<SONY fanboy... lick it Xbox!!!>>

shonenx

Just picked up Ps2 Fist of the northstar today while in  Manhattan. And got Final Zone 2 in mail this morning. Also heres a Pic of the Pretty Duo-R i had to return after 2hours cause the cd Unit was unreliable .
IMG
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

BlackandBlue

Quote from: esteban on 12/26/2009, 10:43 PM
Quote from: guyjin on 12/26/2009, 10:26 PM

ditto on all counts.
again
Another douche trying to obtain a full Turbo collection.  119/146 so far.  Got a long way to go. Half way there. Hit the 100 mark. ich bein ein obeyer

RoyVegas

Picked up a Turbo Booster Plus boxed.
All is well. :)

esteban

Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/29/2009, 05:12 PMPicked up a Turbo Booster Plus boxed.
I'll trade my loose TurboBooster- for it.

Digi.k

oo that MvsCapcom stuff looks sexy..

I got a new 360 elite today. old one is going to an old buddy of mine

/IMG_4008.jpg

RoyVegas

Quote from: esteban on 12/30/2009, 02:31 AM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/29/2009, 05:12 PMPicked up a Turbo Booster Plus boxed.
I'll trade my loose TurboBooster for it.
Only if you throw in a rubber chicken, a pile of fake dog poop and a loose copy of Deep Blue.

shonenx

Heres todays Haul stopped by my local shop on way home AGAIN and grabbed a JAPANESE X-BOX 360( my US one jus had ANOTHER hardware failure and microsoft is asking me to pay). Came home to Cannon Spike for dreamcast in the mailbox.(great game).......and that lil guy in the corner is another 8-bit painting i just finished for a art show im in  this month. Im doing all NES 8-bit paintings for it come check it out..http://johnnypop.blogspot.com/
IMG
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

esteban

Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/30/2009, 06:17 PM
Only if you throw in a rubber chicken, a pile of fake dog poop and a loose copy of Deep Blue.
I wish you weren't joking because I have all of those items (I'd even throw in a Whoopee Cushion and Itching Powder) and would love to exchange them for a boxed +.

RoyVegas

Quote from: esteban on 12/31/2009, 12:44 AM
Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/30/2009, 06:17 PM
I wish you weren't joking because I have all of those items (I'd even throw in a Whoopee Cushion and Itching Powder) and would love to exchange them for a boxed +.
Ohhh my mistake.  I thought you wanted a Turbo Booster Plus but now I see that you're only after a boxed +.  Well here you go my friend, feel free to ship me all previously mentioned items in return.  :twisted:

/BoxedPlus.jpg

NecroPhile

That's not the type of box that he's looking for.....
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

nectarsis

Mahjong Sword was close to my "deal of the year"  $40 shipped.  :dance: :dance: :dance:  Even had spine included when wasn't listed.

Last Hope was a sweet deal to at $25 NEW/SEALED.  :dance: :dance:

/100_1861.jpg

shonenx

Last hope NICE!!! i grab the rerelease pink bullet version a while back , if you dont already have a copy of DUX for the DC pick it up also.
You're Already Dead !!!

esteban

Quote from: RoyVegas on 12/31/2009, 12:26 PM/BoxedPlus.jpg
Doh!

Double-plus good, as they say.

Double-plus good.

shonenx

I just got Ys Legacy DVD set in mail !!! its a 3 DVD  Anime  series set of Ys book 1 and 2 . Its pretty good and the voice acting they dubbed isnt bad. I might rip it in the future so if any body wants a copy lemme know.
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

nectarsis

http://turbomasters.blogspot.com/

I did a small writeup on the Ys anime..lot's of fun.

shonenx

Nice review.. say did u ever finish dracula X or spriggan?  ( I scrolled to your other posts below the review)
You're Already Dead !!!

TheClash603

I had an awesome day of shopping...

Tomba! PS1 - Great condition - $7
KI Gold N64 - $4
Panzer Dragoon II - $20

Garbage Pail Kids posters - 6 packs $1 each

Two dress shirts and two ties at JC Penny - $20

...and some Mighty Taco too

Yesterday - Preordered Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 3, Gran Tourismo 5, and Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for buy 1 get 1 50% off at Toys R Us.  Blu-Ray Watchment ultimate cut.  Lastly Super Smash Bros N64 CIB.

Goodbye Xmas cash :(  Hello toys!

TR0N

Quote from: shonenx on 01/02/2010, 04:55 PMI just got Ys Legacy DVD set in mail !!! its a 3 DVD  Anime  series set of Ys book 1 and 2 . Its pretty good and the voice acting they dubbed isnt bad. I might rip it in the future so if any body wants a copy lemme know.IMG
You don't need to rip it,it's not that rare on dvd.Though i'd recomend watching it sub the dub will make your ears bleed.
IMG

nectarsis

The dub has a humor all it's own at times...especially:

shonenx

i like the outakes from the first dvd where adol  says hell go get his knee pads after he gets a job from the fishermen. HAHAHHAHA,  the reason im gonna rip it is because i save all my movies now to external hard drive so i can cut down on owning all those dvd boxes im trying to minimize (plus its more room for games  heheh)
You're Already Dead !!!

TR0N

Quote from: nectarsis on 01/03/2010, 04:37 AMThe dub has a humor all it's own at times...especially:
LOL i wounder how mediablaster dub it in the frist place.
IMG

Joe Redifer

Ug.  They say "Uh-Doll" as the pronunciation for Adol.  It's supposed to be Ay-doll, just like A-hole.

termis

Yeah, that Adol pronunciation is just retarded.

shonenx

i think in the dub credits they spell it "adel".... so heres what i got today Bayonetta  a day early they had darksiders too but i pre-ordered from gamestop to get the artbook with it so ill get it tomorrow like everyone else...also the tagalongs in the photo are more of my Nes painting seris the art shows this week in NYC i got 7 nes painting in the show if anyones interested...sorry its a bad picture .http://johnnypop.blogspot.com/
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

Sparky

picked a few gaming goodies yesterday and today...

NES... BreakThru & Ikari Warriors
PS1... O.D.T & Sheep and then i checked throw a pile of loose ps1 discs which were behind an EB counter and i found Einhander, ya its just loose but what a saweet ass shoot'm up!!!!!!!

oh and PS1 Dragon Tales for my little girl :)

bust3dstr8

I really haven't been buying much lately. A while ago I picked up a Viper Phase 1 cart and just
recently got the SPI mobo to run it.
Classic Seibu goodness  :D

/dsc01976co.jpg
Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

esteban

Quote from: bust3dstr8 on 01/06/2010, 01:00 AMA while ago I picked up a Viper Phase 1 cart...
Jealous. I. Am.

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Alt-Nintega

Bought Half-Minute Hero for PSP. Great game :D

shonenx

Just yesterday i got my PC Duo in the mail and it came wit L-Dis and Gates of Thunder!! I love it it works great and i got it for a great price from "Handsome_raksh" right here on our boards. He saw i was having troubble with a unit i bought and offered to help out .great man!! I also got darksiders wit the exclusive art book..
IMG
IMG
You're Already Dead !!!

majors

Picked up Bomberman '94, Power Golf 2 and Battlefield '94 for PCE at MAGFest for 2 bucks total. The B-man was a trade from some empty SS cases.

Power Golf 2 an't that bad...for a buck. The Battlefield was just so I could put it on the shelf and have more ACD spines.
TG/PCE Collection.
"Booze should be a choice, not a privilege" -KCDC (The FP)

_Paul

I got Bayonetta on the 360 today and I am very, very pleased with it.

Digi.k

Quote from: guest on 01/08/2010, 06:00 PMI got Bayonetta on the 360 today and I am very, very pleased with it.
Bah lucky you.. I pre ordered mine weeks ago and got email saying it been sent in the post on the 6th but I fear my copy is still stuck on some train on some frozen iced up track..... :(

shonenx

A lot of stores were selling bayonetta early (which is pissing off gamestop owners). Also u were able to grab the japan release  because both  j and ntsc  versions are region free. if ur copy is not shipped  but backordered cancel it an run to a shop. Games worth the wait though
You're Already Dead !!!

Ceti Alpha

IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"