OMG! ZIRIA! ZIRIA!! ZIRIA!!! IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!! 34 YEARS LATER!! The epic/legendary Tengai Makyou/Far East of Eden: Ziria JRPG has finally been localized! Supper the Subtitler struck again! Simply unstoppable, NOTHING can prevent him from TOTAL PCECD localization domination!!!! WHACHA GONNA DO BROTHER?!?!
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: guest on 04/10/2017, 01:19 PM
Quote from: esadajr on 04/10/2017, 12:57 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 04/09/2017, 09:34 PMVery nice 360 shootuns. Mushi is still my favourite but those others are nice as well. Eschatos has Judgement Silversword on it if you didn't already know.
And they're region free :-k
All of those should play fine on a NA NTSC 360
Yes sir. I believe there are about 9 or 10 japanese shmups that are region free so im hoping to get all of them!

bob

Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/10/2017, 02:32 PM
Quote from: guest on 04/10/2017, 01:19 PM
Quote from: esadajr on 04/10/2017, 12:57 PM
Quote from: Gypsy on 04/09/2017, 09:34 PMVery nice 360 shootuns. Mushi is still my favourite but those others are nice as well. Eschatos has Judgement Silversword on it if you didn't already know.
And they're region free :-k
All of those should play fine on a NA NTSC 360
Yes sir. I believe there are about 9 or 10 japanese shmups that are region free so im hoping to get all of them!
list?

Gypsy

Yes, all of those are region free. I have them all and only have a US system.

Quote from: gynt on 04/10/2017, 03:57 PMlist?
Bullet Soul
Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
Mushihime-sama Futari
Espgaluda II
Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets
Eschatos
Ginga Force
DoDonPachi Resurrection (Euro release, plays on US systems)
DoDonPachi Saidaioujou
Shooting Love 10th Anniversary

Ketsui is region locked on 360 but has a nice PS3 release.

Gredler

Well I hopped onto the vita train.

Grabbed a OLED Vita with Trails of Steel, Lumines, and a few more games on the way. Excited to go back through this system I skipped out on - I have a ton of memories with the PSP, and hope to spend a lot of time with this.

Gypsy

Nice Gredler. I really liked Trails of Cold Steel. Played it on PS3 but gotta imagine it's a near identical experience on the Vita, maybe some longer load times.

Ys MoC is a must play imo. Probably the only must play on the system imo but I also enjoyed: Disgaea 3, Disagaea 4, Dariusburst and Shovel Knight.

Games I finished but weren't as good to me: Tales of Hearts R, Sorcery Saga, Demon Gaze, Shantae, Muramasa, Senran Kagura (both) and Firefly Diary.

There are a lot of samey dungeon crawlers available for it.

Gredler

Disgaea 3 is on its way, and I hope to find a copy of Darius while I am in Japan. I have shovel knight on Wii U, fun game :) Thanks for the suggestions

Gypsy

Yeah Darius is pretty fantastic. I did not regret paying full price at all for my Japanese copy. Lots of replay-ability to it.

MisterCrash

I got my Vita on a bit of a whim a couple years ago, and didn't play it much at first. A big part of the reason I got it was Remote Play functionality, because I love playing the Disgaea series, and the rest of the family hates it.

Once I learned I could create a Japanese PSN account and download some awesome PSX and PC Engine games on the Vita, I got way more into it. Harmful Park and The Adventure of Little Ralph alone make it worthwhile, but there's also Gate and Lords of Thunder, Dungeon Explorer II, the Soldier series... They play better on the PS3, but they're a lot of fun on the Vita as well.

Gredler

Quote from: MisterCrash on 04/10/2017, 05:46 PMI got my Vita on a bit of a whim a couple years ago, and didn't play it much at first. A big part of the reason I got it was Remote Play functionality, because I love playing the Disgaea series, and the rest of the family hates it.

Once I learned I could create a Japanese PSN account and download some awesome PSX and PC Engine games on the Vita, I got way more into it. Harmful Park and The Adventure of Little Ralph alone make it worthwhile, but there's also Gate and Lords of Thunder, Dungeon Explorer II, the Soldier series... They play better on the PS3, but they're a lot of fun on the Vita as well.
I will need to research that - I was hoping I could play PCE/Emulators on this thing like my PSP but unfortunately my firmware is too new for that to work (3.63)

How much did the PCE games run on the JP Sony store?

jtucci31

Oh no way. So if I create a JP account, can I switch back and forth between my US and JP accounts?

bob

Quote from: Gypsy on 04/10/2017, 04:41 PMYes, all of those are region free. I have them all and only have a US system.

Quote from: gynt on 04/10/2017, 03:57 PMlist?
Bullet Soul
Bullet Soul Infinite Burst
Mushihime-sama Futari
Espgaluda II
Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets
Eschatos
Ginga Force
DoDonPachi Resurrection (Euro release, plays on US systems)
DoDonPachi Saidaioujou
Shooting Love 10th Anniversary

Ketsui is region locked on 360 but has a nice PS3 release.
thanks.  good to know

Gypsy

Quote from: guest on 04/10/2017, 06:18 PMOh no way. So if I create a JP account, can I switch back and forth between my US and JP accounts?
I believe you will need a separate memory card for each account but yes.

Quote from: gynt on 04/10/2017, 06:27 PMthanks.  good to know
You're welcome.

Mushi and Espgaluda are my favourites, and should still be pretty affordable (I believe I paid about $22 each for Mushi, Espgaluda and DDP S).

MisterCrash

Quote from: Gredler on 04/10/2017, 06:06 PMI will need to research that - I was hoping I could play PCE/Emulators on this thing like my PSP but unfortunately my firmware is too new for that to work (3.63)

How much did the PCE games run on the JP Sony store?
I believe the HuCard games are 617 yen, and the CD titles are 823 yen. You will need Japanese PSN cards to fill the account, which you can get at a place like Play-Asia. A list of available titles can be found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_Store_TurboGrafx-16_games

Groover

I thought I read that you can now use PayPal with a Japanese account on PSN.

I recently picked up Super Mario Bros USA on Famicom SM2.
IMG

bartre

MGC hauly this year.
nothing too crazy really outside of Tron Bonne, most of this stuff was under $5.
not pictured, but I also got a GCN carry case and CD wallet.

IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

EvilEvoIX

I've had some luck recently and would like to share my pickups.

Metal Slug 2, loose; found a seller in Mexico who gave me a deal I could not refuse.  This is the only Slug I have not played through or owned.  Most Neo Geo Collectors argue that this version is indeed better than Slug X and possibly the best in the series.  It does have a ton of slow down but I may look into having it modded to reduce the slow down.  It's a good one no doubt.
IMG

KOF 99, this game has a lot of nostalgic value as it was in a MVS 2 slot at my college along with Samurai Showdown II.  I've had the MVS cart for years never thought I'd get the AES copy let alone for a killer price.  This is my new Favorite AES game it is so balanced yet so challenging.  The backgrounds changing between the rounds and the level of detail make this a top ten AES game for me.
IMG
IMG
IMG
IMG

Slug X, it was $40, can't go wrong.  All I need now is Slug 5 to complete my MVS Metal Slug Collection
IMG
IMG

Two NES Classics.

Why 2?  Trying to get just one is almost impossibly unless you deal with a scalper who has stacks of them and asking crazy prices for what amounts to be a (very good) emulation machine.

On the Facebook gaming groups someone posted a tip that BestBuy would make the NES Classic available at 12:00PM Central time.  I had my Bestbuy page up on my PC and cellphone, both logged in and on the NES Classic page ready to "Buy it Now".  1PM eastern hits and sure enough they are available.  I click buy it now both on my cell phone and my PC and.....  Nothing; it just spins and spins and times out.  I try again and again until I get one in my cart, trying to check out constantly provides errors and you cannot add the NES classic to the basket. 

I am hammering incessantly on both my Cell Phone and my PC until; somehow, my PC shows that I have 2 in my basket.  This is after 30 MINS of timing out futility which I imagine is everyone trying to do the same.  Got them for $59.99 each and free shipping.  Thanks BestBuy!
IMG
IMG

I got to say that this thing rules.  I love the save states.  I played through Mega Man 2 and it feels great, great picture and sound and the controllers feel authentic.  I may mod it soon to get the entire NES library.  I would not pay scalper prices, at least not over $100.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

bob

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: gynt on 04/11/2017, 09:46 AMstill not sure, "why 2"
After I got them I thanked the group on Facebook for the tip and a lot of people were mad I got two.
IMGIMGIMG
Quote from: PCEngineHellI already dropped him a message on there and he did not reply back, so fuck him, and his cunt wife.

sirhcman

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/11/2017, 10:47 AM
After I got them I thanked the group on Facebook for the tip and a lot of people were mad I got two.
Thanks for vacuuming before taking the pic! :) I am still trying to find a NES Classic :(

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 04/11/2017, 11:19 AM
Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/11/2017, 10:47 AM
Yeah it was a mess a few years back.  I redid the sheet rock in there after Sandy damage.  New ceiling and walls when the roof got damaged.

Thanks for vacuuming before taking the pic! :) I am still trying to find a NES Classic :(
IMGIMGIMG

bob

Gredler

bartre how much did you cash out for Soul Blazer? That's been on my list for quite a while, but haven't seen it at a price I was willing to pay :P It's one of the incentives I have for getting a SD@SNES

sirhcman

Quote from: gynt on 04/11/2017, 12:45 PMstill doesnt answer "why 2"
2 is better than 1? Maybe he is going to be nice and sell me his second one at cost??? :P

bartre

Quote from: Gredler on 04/11/2017, 01:06 PMbartre how much did you cash out for Soul Blazer? That's been on my list for quite a while, but haven't seen it at a price I was willing to pay :P It's one of the incentives I have for getting a SD@SNES
I've been in the same boat, lol
Luckily, a member here wanted a couple things from my trade box, so we had a partial trade.
Couple games + $15

Gredler

Quote from: bartre on 04/11/2017, 02:00 PM
Quote from: Gredler on 04/11/2017, 01:06 PMbartre how much did you cash out for Soul Blazer? That's been on my list for quite a while, but haven't seen it at a price I was willing to pay :P It's one of the incentives I have for getting a SD@SNES
I've been in the same boat, lol
Luckily, a member here wanted a couple things from my trade box, so we had a partial trade.
Couple games + $15
Bravo sir, good for you! :D Congrats, and enjoy the game! Please make a thread and keep us informed about how you like it - I loved Gaia as a kid and never went back to play the beginning to the series.

bartre

Quote from: Gredler on 04/11/2017, 02:33 PMBravo sir, good for you! :D Congrats, and enjoy the game! Please make a thread and keep us informed about how you like it - I loved Gaia as a kid and never went back to play the beginning to the series.
Oh I already know I love it.
I personally like it better than Illusion of Gaia, but I haven't spent enough time to say whether Terranigma is better in my book.

Joe Redifer

My question is "Why even 1?" The cute factor? What is the appeal? Granted I'd buy a TurboGrafx-16 mini but then again that thing isn't oversaturated to hell and back like the NES is.

Gredler

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/11/2017, 07:23 PMGranted I'd buy a TurboGrafx-16 mini but then again that thing isn't oversaturated to hell and back like the NES is.
Also, excessively short controller cables are appropriate for the turbo.

Joe Redifer

Very true. It just wouldn't be right if they were more than 2 or 3 feet MAX.

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 04/11/2017, 07:23 PM
My question is "Why even 1?" The cute factor? What is the appeal? Granted I'd buy a TurboGrafx-16 mini but then again that thing isn't oversaturated to hell and back like the NES is.
I think it is absolutely worth $59.99.  Now with the modding you can have all the NES games in a cute HDMI bundle with save states.  It brings the casual gamer a complete NES experience once reserved for only the most die hard gamers or those heavily into the emulation scene (I stated with my Dreamcast as an emulator).  The software and the presentation is very nice, I'm a fan at $59.99, just not at scalping.  Again getting 2 was pure luck.
IMGIMGIMG

bob

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/12/2017, 09:05 AMAgain getting 2 was pure luck.
so having 2 show up in the cart was "luck" i guess?
but why purchase 2?

Bloufo

Quote from: gynt on 04/12/2017, 09:10 AM
but why purchase 2?
At the very least he can make use of the extra controller, I guess.

EvilEvoIX

but why purchase 2?
The fact that I had two was amazing since just finding one was almost unthinkable.  Yes having a second controller is nice as well.  Also any navigation on the site was slow and I figured if I wasted any more time I'd lose out.  It was 30 mins of non stop buy it now button hammering on both my PC and cell phone.  I just ended up with 2.
IMGIMGIMG

xcrement5x

Quote from: EvilEvoIX on 04/12/2017, 11:27 AM
but why purchase 2?
The fact that I had two was amazing since just finding one was almost unthinkable.  Yes having a second controller is nice as well.  Also any navigation on the site was slow and I figured if I wasted any more time I'd lose out.  It was 30 mins of non stop buy it now button hammering on both my PC and cell phone.  I just ended up with 2.
But what are you doing to do with the second one?

bob

Quote from: guest on 04/12/2017, 02:08 PM
but why purchase 2?
yeah.  "why 2"?

EvilEvoIX

Quote from: guest on 04/12/2017, 02:08 PM
but why purchase 2?
Duh.....  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :dance: :dance: :dance:

IMG
IMGIMGIMG

NightWolve

Quote from: Gredler on 02/22/2017, 02:32 PMMy fiance got me Wild Guns PS4 for valentines day, and then instantly got me Last Guardian for PS4 for my birthday. Such a spoiled guy! I didn't even ask her for them, she said she saw me almost buying both of them but holding off due to the upcoming wedding expenses.
She's a keeper, those are 2 great reasons to consider owning a PS4.

cr8zykuban0

Quote from: TheClash603 on 04/09/2017, 09:44 PM
Quote from: cr8zykuban0 on 04/09/2017, 08:48 PMpicked up a few games a couple of weeks ago.
IMG
IMG

Had to make my own insert for the 20 in 1 master system cart. Apparently it came bundle with the master system 3 in brazil.
The game selection screen is kinda werid. its just game 1 through 20, there are no titles, you choose your game and from there you have one minute to get any many points as you can, depending on what game you play. If you meet the required score within the minute, you continue playing, if you dont meet the required score, you are taking back to the game menu. Very obscure game. im thinking to do a review on it since theres not much info at all about this game.
What are the 20 games?  I'd love to give this a try, where did you pick it up?
did a little review on the 20 in 1 master system cart if yall want to check it out. Just to let yall know, there really isnt much to it at all. Not much fan can be had with this game

xcrement5x

IMG

More Popful Mail madness! This is a Falcom desk calendar from 1994 where each month has a different photo on it from some Falcom property. The composition for it looks pretty similar to what was included in the Falcom Special Box '94 audio collection: Ys, Xanadu, LoH and so on. A neat little find, I'm not if it was given out as a promotional item or what, there's no barcode on it that I could see.

Medic_wheat

That's really neat in house office good only stuff.

Do you plan to separate the months and do a framing to show off each individual art page in a matter finish?

NightWolve

NecroPhile

That calendar is pretty sweet.  I vote you scan 'em all and send to Paul for use in next year's bible calendar.  :mrgreen:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: Medic_wheat on 04/13/2017, 04:34 PMDo you plan to separate the months and do a framing to show off each individual art page in a matter finish?
Probably not, I don't have a ton of wall space for something like this so for now I'll probably just occasionally rotate the months. 

Quote from: NecroPhile on 04/13/2017, 05:03 PMThat calendar is pretty sweet.  I vote you scan 'em all and send to Paul for use in next year's bible calendar.  :mrgreen:
I can probably scan them if he want em.  I will say this is a tiny little calendar though, maybe like 2/3 the size of a CD case.  Probably should have thrown something in for scale in that picture.

Flare65

Recent pickups.

IMG

IMG

IMG

IMG

Most of this stuff I got at MGC.  I'm having a lot of fun collecting for the Vita.  So many nitch and unusual games for the system. 

The fighter sticks were both new-unused in the box still sealed in the baggie, despite the extensive shelf wear on the box.

Zelda is gonna keep me busy for a while.  I've only finished the starting area and just for to the first stable.

Mathius

Flare, I didn't see you there this year. I didn't get to hang out in the Turbofest room as much as I would've liked.

Flare65

Quote from: Mathius on 04/15/2017, 09:11 PMFlare, I didn't see you there this year. I didn't get to hang out in the Turbofest room as much as I would've liked.
I was there, but I didn't have a lot of time.  MGC always falls on my wife's birthday and if I don't take her out for dinner that night, there's hell to pay!

Good news is for next year, she is letting me take her out a week earlier, which means I can probably have the Friday and Saturday to hang out.  I'd like to help out with the room too!

Mathius

Quote from: Flare65 on 04/15/2017, 10:15 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 04/15/2017, 09:11 PMFlare, I didn't see you there this year. I didn't get to hang out in the Turbofest room as much as I would've liked.
I was there, but I didn't have a lot of time.  MGC always falls on my wife's birthday and if I don't take her out for dinner that night, there's hell to pay!

Good news is for next year, she is letting me take her out a week earlier, which means I can probably have the Friday and Saturday to hang out.  I'd like to help out with the room too!
Let me know what you want to do. Just help with setting up or adding your own systems for the weekend as well and I'll pass it along to JD to see if we need any extra help.

Gypsy

I thought about getting Rose In The Twilight, because I really liked those other cheapy NISA games in the same vein, but ultimately I was annoyed at how much shipping was going to be iirc. Definitely something I'll be looking to pick up though.

Stranger of Sword City is a game that when I first saw it, I was excited for it. Then by the time it got released here and I bought it from them, I was really burnt out on all those samey dungeon crawlers.

cr8zykuban0

Got a few thangs as of the past 2 weeks. Got some nice arcade stuff. Everything except the dunk dream and goal goal goal mvs carts i got from mexico! took a while to get here but was worth the wait. Got the dunk dream and goal goal goal from a cool dude from the neo forums

IMG

bartre

my first saturn game that i've bought in a while
IMG

also nabbed a saturn with a hardshell rental case.
the foam is toast though, anyone know where i should get new foam?