@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

"HuZero - Caravan Edition" High Scores

Started by FraGMarE, 11/23/2014, 03:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FraGMarE

IMG

Let's get serious on this, ladies and gents.  :)

1.) Fragmare - 75569
2.) NecroPhile - 75420 
3.) NightWolve - 72995
4.) Cabbage - 72374 
5.) Joe Redifer - 69715
6.) Jtucci31 - 63158
7.) Morden - 62609
X.)
X.)

NecroPhile

IMG

75,420 is my current best.  Ignore the hiscore, as 'twas obtained while cheating to better explore scoring mechanics.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

FraGMarE

90k?!  How in the fuck???

I hit the wall like 4 times and my best is 64395, then i have a PERFECT run and don't hit anything and i barely clear 51k.

Do tell of the mechanics.  :)

ccovell

Okay, I'll let Fragmare maintain this list if he wants to.  :DDD

Please add 72374 for Cabbage, and 62609 for Morden.

p.s. There are mechanics.

FraGMarE

Quote from: ccovell on 11/24/2014, 07:45 PMp.s. There are mechanics.
Will you enlighten as to what some of those mechanics might be?

ccovell

How boring would that be?

Besides, there isn't any secret bullshit like "hit the walls 5 times to make your score go faster..."

FraGMarE

Quote from: ccovell on 11/24/2014, 11:17 PMHow boring would that be?

Besides, there isn't any secret bullshit like "hit the walls 5 times to make your score go faster..."
Oh so it's mainly just plainly obvious shit like, "HUG CORNERS FOR FASTER LAP TIMES" or "PROTIP: SHOOT THE BOSS UNTIL IT DIES"?  :D

FraGMarE

Exploited the "keep pressing a direction" scoring mechanic and came up with 72327.  I'll see what I can do later tonight.

FraGMarE

Joe Redifer

I got 69715 but taking another picture and transferring it to the computer is too much of a bother. I think this game should be renamed HuWiggle or WiggleZero. Because wiggling is exactly what you've gotta do. It's murder on the thumb.

Hints: Always try to be pressing a direction. Never go straight. It also might help to be closer to the edge of the track. Also get a robot thumb as this will quickly destroy a human thumb. You might think to try a TurboStick, but the TurboStick sucks balls since it is one of the worst sticks ever made. Maybe try a different stick.

This caravan nonsense seems to only be on the PC Engine. I've never heard of it elsewhere.

VenomMacbeth

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/26/2014, 05:53 PMThis caravan nonsense seems to only be on the PC Engine. I've never heard of it elsewhere.
It's a Hudson thing.  There were a few such titles on the famicom, that were subsequently rereleased on the sfc in a compilation.
Quote from: Gogan on 08/01/2013, 09:54 AMPlay Turbografx.
Play the Turbografx. PLAY
THE TURBOGRAFX!!!!!!

Buh buh buh, I have almost all teh games evar.  I R TEH BESTEST COLLECTR!!

esteban

Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 11/26/2014, 08:30 PM
Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/26/2014, 05:53 PMThis caravan nonsense seems to only be on the PC Engine. I've never heard of it elsewhere.
It's a Hudson thing.  There were a few such titles on the famicom, that were subsequently rereleased on the sfc in a compilation.
Don't forget NAXAT, copying Husdon, did their own version with "Summer Carnival"

OBLIGATORY:

https://archives.tg-16.com/turbo_play_0004.htm#naxat_summer_carnival

https://archives.tg-16.com/complete_list_of_tg16_pce_shooters.htm?col=notes&val=summer
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

ccovell

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 11/26/2014, 05:53 PMI got 69715 but taking another picture and transferring it to the computer is too much of a bother. I think this game should be renamed HuWiggle or WiggleZero. Because wiggling is exactly what you've gotta do. It's murder on the thumb.
I didn't want to give hints on the game, but I'll show mercy for your masturbating hand.  ;-)

You don't need to be constantly pressing directions; as long as your ship is moving laterally, you'll rack up 10x the points.  So once again it's tappity tap tap.

Joe Redifer

jtucci31

Finally broke 60k. I'm getting the hang of it. Next goal is 70k!

NecroPhile

With a few dozen runs over the long weekend, I couldn't beat my previous high score of 75,420.  :|

However, I did beat the 90k score with a 48k score.  :lol:
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

FraGMarE

Quote from: guest on 12/01/2014, 10:39 AMHowever, I did beat the 90k score with a 48k score.  :lol:
That math.  o_O

seieienbu

Man, I was a bit pleased with myself and my score of just over 50k, then I look here and find out that dudes have almost DOUBLE my score? 

Crazy!
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

Debvgger_

Ok, let me claim the seventh spot temporarily before I start climbing.

roflmao

Man, I wish I had take a picture of it at MGC - I had the high score in the mid-60k's. I may have to break it out again and give it another go. :)

Debvgger_

Claiming the fourth position  :wink:

rcantor77

Can I take that third place please... :)

IMG
PC-Engine.co.uk - definitive hardware listing for all PC Engine and Turbo Grafx systems.

ccovell

Sure thing!  High score list updated and unconfirmed scorers kicked out.  :]