10/31/2023: Localization News - Dead of the Brain 1!

No, NOT a trick, a Halloween treat! Presenting the Dead of the Brain 1 English patch by David Shadoff for the DEAD last official PC Engine CD game published by NEC before exiting the console biz in 1999! I helped edit/betatest and it's also a game I actually finished in 2023, yaaay! Shubibiman also did a French localization. github.com/dshadoff/DeadoftheBrain
twitter.com/NightWolve/PCENews
Main Menu

The “What-Did-You-Buy-Today?” Thread

Started by Tatsujin, 06/15/2008, 05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tatsujin

My todays recycle haul:

/hauls20080615on4.jpg

:)
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Joe Redifer

What are the "GW" Saturn games?  Yu Suzuki Game Works?

WoodyXP

Good haul.  I got a "Cool Pad" for the Saturn today for 500 yenjamins.  It's slim pickings anymore where
I'm at.  All the recycle stores are bloated with rubbish games and stuff I already have.  ](*,)
"I bathe in AES carts."

Keranu

I bought gasoline, a Clapper, two twelve packs of Jones Cola, two double cheesburgers, and a small fry today.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

Where did you acquire these double cheeseburgers?  Were they mint/complete?

rag-time4

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/15/2008, 07:18 AMWhere did you acquire these double cheeseburgers?  Were they mint/complete?
I bet when he bought them they were NEW / SEALED but he didn't buy them to stash them on some shelf!

Am I right Keranu?

Tatsujin

@ joe: no i d0n't think so. those are some very trashy game collections from amateur programmers, comparably to the Ultra Box collections on the PCE.

@woody: same here. those shops getting worse and worse. as well the prices do, since they smelled the success of akibas retro market.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Keranu

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 06/15/2008, 07:18 AMWhere did you acquire these double cheeseburgers?  Were they mint/complete?
I bought them from this dumphole you might've heard of called "McDonald's". They were complete, but in pretty bad condition with the slices of cheese sliding off the burger. I left them negative feedback, but at least the price and shipping was decent.

Quote from: rag-time4I bet when he bought them they were NEW / SEALED but he didn't buy them to stash them on some shelf!

Am I right Keranu?
How did you know!? They're long gone now.
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Joe Redifer

I'll bet they'll turn up again and probably make a big splash!

rolins

Lots of good stuff. CoreGrafx, KOF96, Marvel Superheroes and Strikers 1945 my favorite Psikyo game!  :)

JoshTurboTrollX

Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

MissaFX

Cobra
Princess Maker 2
Ranma 1/2 Toraware no Hanayome
Yawara
Ys Book I & II

All for the PC Engine
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer
35/62 FX games owned - 56.4%
05/62 FX games reviewed - 8.0%
Latest: Pachio-kun FX review - 4/9/08

OceanBlueKirby

Since there was a $50 gift card for Sears I wanted to use, my father and I went to the Sears Grand store near my home late this morning.

I bought a few accessories for my Nintendo Wii which were:

1) a Messenger Case
(I was looking for an item, such as a DVD case or hold, that would store the games and equipment I have for it, but as being the only one found to be suitable, it was deemed it could do well in the task; it wasn't able to fit all of the games I have right now properly, but the other items were able to fit in it quite well),

2) a Scan Disk 2.0 SD Card for the Wii
(I'm not concerned about the memory shortage for the console, as I hardly get the chance/have a way to download any applications from the Wii Shop Channel, but I felt one was necessary just in case I ever need to take my system for repairs and will be able to copy the data without loss of it if a replacement were to be done instead),

3) an 8-pack Energizer AAA batteries for my graphing calculator(s).

My father had bought some kind of DVD recorder, probably for a friend as well. An RC Wiley gift card worth ten dollars is also needed to be used (expiring July 02, also), so I can suspect to get at least one more purchase next week.
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Turbo D

What can you get with a Dr. Wiley gift card? a new X-buster perhaps?  :wink:
Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

Sparky

i got today in the mail TurboDuo... Dungeon Master: Theron's Quest, sealed but not for long  :)
have a few other tings coming it but i dont talk about them until there in my hands  [-X :)

Ceti Alpha

Quote from: guest on 06/25/2008, 07:27 AMi got today in the mail TurboDuo... Dungeon Master: Theron's Quest, sealed but not for long  :)
have a few other tings coming it but i dont talk about them until there in my hands  [-X :)
Nice. :mrgreen: I'm the same way though. I don't add games to my pcedaisakusen list until I get the package in the mail. hehe. However, I did buy a copy of Monster Lair from master nectarsis yesterday. I'm just a Bikkuriman World HuCARD away from having the entire Wonderboy series.  :dance:

I somehow forgot possibly the best title of the Wonderboy series: Dragon's Curse.  :oops: #-o So, I'm a Bukkuriman World and a Dragon's Curse HuCARD away from the complete Wonderboy set.
IMG
"Let the CAW and Mystery of a Journey Unlike Any Other Begin"

Sinistron

heh I add a title to my daisakusen list immediately after paying.  In the rare instances when I didn't receive the game, or in which the game didn't work- I immediately purchased another so as to not forfeit the title from my daisakusen list  :D

I have on the way two avenue six pads (finally!), Street Fighter II and Fatal Fury II...
IMG
Quote from: Tatsujin- ATM it's just amateurish boytoy shizzle.
- they will bust me for consuming drug until they found out what it was in real.

Alt-Nintega

I envy your guys for getting lots. I always lose my auctions to dumb greedy reseller.... ](*,)

MissaFX

A few days ago I bought Nat's loose AMG game for the PC-FX.
Yesterday I bought Medieval II: Total War Gold Edition which comes with the expansion built in.
I love Rome to death and Medieval II doesn't dissapoint.  It's everything great about Rome, only more refined.  I started my first game playing the Frenchies and so far I have been giving the rebels hell.  I allied with Spain only so I wouldn't have to guard my southern boarder.  This let me turn those castles into towns to make more income.

Good times!
Good Traders: nat+, The Old Rover+, bust3dstr8+, nectarsis, geepee+, Mithos, zeon, sensei+, Windancer, OldSchoolGamer

Turbo D

Quote from: MissaFX on 01/06/2008, 12:10 PMMy idea of gaming is a couple of friends over, a couple of drinks, a couple of medical-handrolled-game-enhancing-cigs and a glowing box you all worship.
IMG IMG
IMG

geepee16

i got all of these dreamcast and xbox games today for about $46 total!  i think it was a great deal, personally and this was in ikebukuro...not akihabara.  if you can't see them, they are:
dreamcast:
fragrant tale
konohana true report
suika (special edition)

xbox:
otogi: myth of demon
angelic concert (special edition)
air force deta II
J-Phoenix (special version)
BraveKnight

Tom Phobos

Yesterday i got my sealed copies of Cosmic Fantasy 2 and Implode. And it was such a great feeling to open a fresh new tg16-game ... wow :)

WoodyXP

Picked up a Neo Geo CDZ and Dunk Dream Home cart for $50. 

:dance: RIGHT ON MAN WOOOOOOO BABY BUST MOVE!  :dance:
"I bathe in AES carts."

WoodyXP

Scored the following:

Two Neo geo sticks (old style).. pristine condition.
Double Dragon - Neo CD
Futsal - Neo CD
Fatal Fury - Neo CD
Art of fighting - Neo CD
Crossed Swords -Neo CD

For $45.
"I bathe in AES carts."

Tatsujin

this weeky boughts:

/pce20080629ht3.jpg

:)

bust3dstr8

Clowns Suck
IMG IMG

MissaFX

Today I bought 3 3DO games Shockwave, the expansion for Shockwave and Shockwave II.  My understanding is that they are rail shooters, pls god let them be rail shooters.  The come with the origional large cardboard boxes too.  Only $4.99 each on ebay :shock:

imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/mikeyebay/shockwave.jpg
imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/mikeyebay/June_04_068.jpg
imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/mikeyebay/shockwave2_1.jpg

td741

The Shockwaves aren't *exactly* rail shooters...

You have full (horizontal 360 degree) control over your fighter but you have a very limited area to move in.  If you exit the allotted area, you sustain damage.  I think they kept the same thing for Shockwave 2, but I'm not 100% sure.

MissaFX

Quote from: td741 on 06/29/2008, 11:37 PMThe Shockwaves aren't *exactly* rail shooters...

You have full (horizontal 360 degree) control over your fighter but you have a very limited area to move in.  If you exit the allotted area, you sustain damage.  I think they kept the same thing for Shockwave 2, but I'm not 100% sure.
I've heard they use pre-rendered video for the ingame backgrounds, so it is probably very rail shooter like then, just not exactly one?

Joe Redifer

Shockwave uses R-E-A-L polygon graphics and you can turn and go whichever direction you want.  I bought the first game and didn't care for it much.  If you want a rails game get Microcosm or some other piece of junk like that.

Tatsujin

IFU-30 + CD-ROM + Sytemcard 2.0 (one more :lol:) for 5 bucks.

guyjin

I'm convinced that Tatsujin has superpowers.

MissaFX

Quote from: Tatsujin on 07/01/2008, 11:39 AMIFU-30 + CD-ROM + Sytemcard 2.0 (one more :lol:) for 5 bucks.
:shock: :shock:

Any chance you wanna part with that CDrom really cheap (assuming it works)?  I'm still looking for one for my CGII unless you have a real plan to re-sell it for its full price.

OceanBlueKirby

Today, I'd went to RC Willey to use the $10 gift card that was held onto for a while and purchased Excite Truck for the Wii. It was one of the games I wanted for the system since I've first heard about it, and there wasn't much of any other that I saw was interesting (I did consider Endless Ocean: Dive, Discover, Dream, but since it came out this year, I'd figure it would be more acceptable as a probable Christmas gift). I was hoping to find some kind of storage container to keep all of the Wii games I have, and within their cases, such as DVD holder, but nothing of the sort was really found (I can't find anything in my house that would be acceptable for this need, and I don't really want to keep my games in a cardboard box).
"Here comes a new challenger! Four new contestants stepped into the Audio Deathmatch ring today. You be the judge as these juggernauts battle it out in a fight to the finish!" - A segment of the August 3, 2006 update of SuperPCEngineGrafx .com

Tatsujin

Ceti Alpha

IMG

MissaFX

*drumroll*
I did it, I really went out and did it...I bought a 50 dollar PC-E game!

HCD5078actual.jpg
HCD5078actual2.jpg

ebay.com/NEW-GALAXY-FRAULEIN-YUNA-pc-engine-SCD-JPN

I have been looking at it on dreamstars for gawd knows how long and today I offered Toshi 50 dollars to end the listing and to sell to me for 50 dollars flat with EMS shipping.  I feel like a bit of a fool spending so much on a single game, but I think this really is a rare item which wasn't even listed as rare...how *cough* rare is that on ebay!? :shock:

The world of HuVideo, here I come!

2021 UPDATE: This game was targeted for localization by Supper and team!
Title: Galaxy Fräulein Yuna / Ginga Ojōsama Densetsu Yuna
https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6247/
IMG IMG
IMG IMG

Extra:
https://www.genkivideogames.com/galaxy-fraulein-yuna-hu-video-hudson-soft-pc-engine-super-cd-rom/hcd5078

nectarsis

=D&gt; =D&gt; =D&gt;
I'm sure you'll enjoy the hell out of it (as soon as you get a cdrom  :wink:).
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Turbo D

Thats an excellent score!  8) I've been wanting to grab a copy of that as well!
IMG IMG
IMG

Ceti Alpha

Nice grab Missa! Don't you love rewarding yourself after staring at it for months on end?  :mrgreen:
IMG

WoodyXP

I snagged a DUO-RX pad for $5.  Finally, I have a matching pair.  8)
"I bathe in AES carts."

MissaFX

Quote from: ceti alpha on 07/03/2008, 09:10 AMNice grab Missa! Don't you love rewarding yourself after staring at it for months on end?  :mrgreen:
Oh hell yeah I do.  I have gone through something similar to the Kübler-Ross model while knowing this game existed and was for sale:

Denial:  :shock: There is a special edition of a Yuna game???

Anger:  :x Shit the fuck!  It's 60 dollars!?!?

Barganing:  :^o Ok, I will buy it next month when I have some money.  Ok, next month.  If I do X, I can buy it, etc.

Depression:  :cry: I'm never gonna own it.  *sigh* I sure hope whoever buys it is another huge Yuna fan and not just someone who will try to resell it for more.

Acceptance:  :|It's been there for what?  A crapping year?  It must be fate holding on to it for me, just a little longer.  Better not tempt fate and send an email offer to Toshi.

Although I got a bonus 6th stage, Success!

NecroPhile

Nice one!  I didn't realize that the reprinted version was worth so much more than the first printing.  Does the game itself have anything extra, or is the only extra the HuVideo disc?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Tatsujin

i actually like teh HuVideo the most on that one.

Ceti Alpha

I just got Fatal Fury Special and Art of Fighting. woot!!
IMG

TR0N

Just ordered this TMNT game for my Famicom through JapanGameStock.

wayback://japangamestock.com/buy_video_games.php?products_id=12009

After getting the first one for the Famicom I figure I could use the second one CIB.

T.M.N.TNinjaTurtles2-FCB-1002.jpg
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Turbo D

Another sweet score! I love the Ninja Turtles!  8)
IMG IMG
IMG

MissaFX

Quote from: TR0N on 07/03/2008, 10:27 PMAfther getting the frist one for the famicom i figure i could use the second one cib.
If you were able to stand playing through the first one, you really deserve the 2nd.  There is a light and day fun factor between the two.

Turbo D

I actually loved the first one up to the third level. I could never pass it  :(
IMG IMG
IMG

MissaFX

Quote from: turbo D on 07/04/2008, 10:19 PMI actually loved the first one up to the third level. I could never pass it  :(
Is that the water level or the one when you drive the Turtle Van?