@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psycho Punch

Quote from: NightWolve on 11/09/2015, 11:13 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/09/2015, 10:56 PM^^That's awesome, Wolvie, but the part I don't like is "Write down on paper the serie of digits written on
  screen (can be several page long)"
Yeah, gives me flashbacks to Ys Book I & II or Dungeon Explorer passwords...

I've never tried it, so can't speak if it's buggy or not. So, heed CrackTiger's warning.
Someone dumped the Super Cassette Vision BIOS ROM using something like that hehe.

IMG
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

esadajr

Quote from: Mathius on 11/09/2015, 09:37 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/09/2015, 09:30 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/09/2015, 09:12 PM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/09/2015, 08:58 PMI'm really excited about these!  Dungeon Explorer II especially.  Were there other Tobias releases or was this all of them?
DEII is a great game but not worth eBay prices. This is the definitive way to enjoy it.

Off the top of my head these were Tobias' releases

Fausette Armour
Renny Blaster
Kazi Kiri
Sylphia
Dynastic Hero
DEII
Godzilla vs Mechacollectard
Bonk 3
Startling Odyssey 2
Xak III
Saphirre
Drac X
Oh nice, thanks!  I'd love to get a Fausette Armour, and I also have some interest in Startling Odyssey 2 and Xak III.  Sapphire too, I just still don't own an arcade card so I'd have to rip and emulate to play it until I do.  Renny Blaster would be cool to check out despite reports of it's terribleness.  I've played Sylphia and Kaze Kiri, they wouldn't be my top picks but I'd undoubtedly pick them up at these prices.
Renny Blaster isn't worth the plastic it's printed on. If it was a common game it'd be in the bargain bin beside Wonder Momo.
C'mon is not that bad. Is not the best game either, it has its flaws, but once you get the hang of it, it can be quite enjoyable.
Gaming since 1985

esadajr

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2015, 06:30 AM
Quote from: guest on 11/10/2015, 03:42 AM
Quote from: NightWolve on 11/09/2015, 11:13 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/09/2015, 10:56 PM^^That's awesome, Wolvie, but the part I don't like is "Write down on paper the serie of digits written on
  screen (can be several page long)"
Yeah, gives me flashbacks to Ys Book I & II or Dungeon Explorer passwords...

I've never tried it, so can't speak if it's buggy or not. So, heed BlackTiger's warning.
Someone dumped the Super Cassette Vision BIOS ROM using something like that hehe.

IMG
this is actually awesome! I can't wait to test it out... but I plan to cheat a little.

video capture card
+ screen shots
+ abbyy screen reader
------------------
savestate iso downloads at...
that'd be nice. A repository for at least the most "popular" games.
Gaming since 1985

NecroPhile

Quote from: Mathius on 11/10/2015, 01:52 AMThese are just 1:1 copies of the originals with zero tweaks except for the two translated RPGs.
Doesn't Godzilla have a couple music tracks restored that were removed from the US release?

Also, your list of Tobias shat is missing Megaman, Space Fantasy Zone, Twin Bee, Cycho Rider, and Force Gear.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Bernie

Godzilla does have the restored tracks, still missing bonus games.

Mathius

Quote from: guest on 11/10/2015, 09:53 AM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/10/2015, 01:52 AMThese are just 1:1 copies of the originals with zero tweaks except for the two translated RPGs.
Doesn't Godzilla have a couple music tracks restored that were removed from the US release?

Also, your list of Tobias shat is missing Megaman, Space Fantasy Zone, Twin Bee, Cycho Rider, and Force Gear.
Ah yes. Thanks!
Quote from: Bernie on 11/10/2015, 10:05 AMGodzilla does have the restored tracks, still missing bonus games.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama
I stand corrected. :)

synbiosfan

Quote from: guest on 11/07/2015, 11:52 PM
Quote from: synbiosfan on 11/06/2015, 11:14 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 11/06/2015, 05:56 PMOk guys, as soon as I get the next batch of shipping envelopes in, I will start shipping again.  Shouldn't be but a few days, so lick my balls.  :)
How can there not be a sticking out your tongue smilie???

;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p ;p
:P
That's so small I couldn't see it!

It would take all day to lick Bernie's balls with a tongue that size :lol:

Bernie

Hey guys, I need a favor.  PLEASE PLEASE read the PMs I send out, completely.  :(  I do not want these payments gifted, as I use PayPal to ship.  it is just MUCH easier for me that way.  I have had to refund several already, so I am not sure if its being overlooked or what... 

Thanks for everyone's support, and we still have plenty.

Dicer

Quote from: Bernie on 11/10/2015, 06:24 PMHey guys, I need a favor.  PLEASE PLEASE read the PMs I send out, completely.  :(  I do not want these payments gifted, as I use PayPal to ship.  it is just MUCH easier for me that way.  I have had to refund several already, so I am not sure if its being overlooked or what... 

nvm, corrected...

martinine

Everyone involved:

Thanks so much for taking the time, etc to handle this huge undertaking. There is no way I could ever afford most of these games, and having the opportunity to play them on original hardware with out damaging drive and laser is a dream come true. Keep up the great work gents!
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

retro junkie

I am only interested in Dracula X. Hope there are some nice shooters in the future releases.

blueraven

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

TR0N

Very generous of you two for these unsold stock of games.I just had to donate beside i can't afford to miss out.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

grendelrt

Very cool of everyone involved.  Sent paypal for the first batch plus some donation.  I have never played mm3 or shadowgate so very looking forward to it.

gheebee

Thanks a lot for doing this as this is probably the only way I'm going to get a pressed Dracula X (in English no less...)! :]

poponon

should we send pm's now for the next batch or wait until they're ready to go ?     I am excite  :^)  i'm gonna make a custom case and everything. funfun. thank you for doing this!!

Marto_Jo-ing

Payment and a little donation sent, Thanks so much!!!

Mathius

Quote from: poponon on 11/11/2015, 02:17 PMshould we send pm's now for the next batch or wait until they're ready to go ?     I am excite  :^)  i'm gonna make a custom case and everything. funfun. thank you for doing this!!
I would hold off until we have everything from the first batch shipped to ease confusion.

ginoscope

Payment sent plus donation...thanks a lot guys! Really looking forward to the next batch and playing MM3 for the first time.  Got my Tennokoe Bank on the way so I can play that without having my duo all tied to one game.

Bernie

Quote from: Mathius on 11/11/2015, 02:59 PM
Quote from: poponon on 11/11/2015, 02:17 PMshould we send pm's now for the next batch or wait until they're ready to go ?     I am excite  :^)  i'm gonna make a custom case and everything. funfun. thank you for doing this!!
I would hold off until we have everything from the first batch shipped to ease confusion.
Yeah, hold off until we make a post about the next batch.  This first run was certainly a lesson for me.  lmao

Sparky

Quote from: Bernie on 11/11/2015, 03:29 PMThis first run was certainly a lesson for me.  lmao
haha, it is hard to keep track of the orders eh? i have been there with my MC and KC box, i had to ask everyone to include there forum handle with payment and also i took pictures of every package i sent out so i could keep track of things and look back. Saved me a few times when people a week or 2 later were inquiring about about where things were.

thesteve

heres a question, should we be looking at paypal for shipping notifications?

Bernie

Quote from: thesteve on 11/11/2015, 05:06 PMheres a question, should we be looking at paypal for shipping notifications?
Yes, that is why I decided to go with not gifting the payments.  So much easier for me, and everyone else.  I can just print right from there, and the tracking is automatically added.  :)  I only actually ship once a week, so some tracking will be stagnant until it actually hits the PO.

Samuray

Quote from: Bernie on 11/11/2015, 03:29 PMYeah, hold off until we make a post about the next batch.  This first run was certainly a lesson for me.  lmao
Oh....I already PM'ed you about "Beyond Shadowgate" and "Dungeon Explorer II". So that wasn't wise...?

Shall I wait for DE2 to be ready or just go for BS for now? Don't wanna make things more difficult for anyone here, naturally. :)
But it would suck if BS was gone when DE2 was ready.
Decisions, decisions...

Mathius

Quote from: Samuray on 11/11/2015, 06:23 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 11/11/2015, 03:29 PMYeah, hold off until we make a post about the next batch.  This first run was certainly a lesson for me.  lmao
Oh....I already PM'ed you about "Beyond Shadowgate" and "Dungeon Explorer II". So that wasn't wise...?

Shall I wait for DE2 to be ready or just go for BS for now? Don't wanna make things more difficult for anyone here, naturally. :)
But it would suck if BS was gone when DE2 was ready.
Decisions, decisions...
There should be enough for everybody from what I understand.

Hold off on the DEII for now until it's announced. Beyond Shadowgate is available now.

Samuray

Quote from: Mathius on 11/11/2015, 06:41 PMThere should be enough for everybody from what I understand.

Hold off on the DEII for now until it's announced. Beyond Shadowgate is available now.
Well, I'm not in the US so I figured combined shipping would be better. But maybe not.
Anyway, don't wanna spam poor Bernie with PMs so I'll probably leave it as is. Maybe he'll contact me if he thinks I should do BS separately and wait for DE2. Don't wanna be that guys that writes half a dozen PMs :D

(Thanks for the reply, by the way!)

shawnji

Thanks Bernie!  Tossed some extra cash your way, and I'll be looking forward to the next batch too.  Now I just need to get in touch with brraap about some sweet cases for these guys!

Bernie

Quote from: Samuray on 11/11/2015, 06:51 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 11/11/2015, 06:41 PMThere should be enough for everybody from what I understand.

Well, I'm not in the US so I figured combined shipping would be better. But maybe not.
Anyway, don't wanna spam poor Bernie with PMs so I'll probably leave it as is. Maybe he'll contact me if he thinks I should do BS separately and wait for DE2. Don't wanna be that guys that writes half a dozen PMs :D

(Thanks for the reply, by the way!)
Hey man, I got your PMs, and now that I am done wading through them....lol..  that is fine.  I will put aside a Shadowgate for you until the next batch is here.  Your situation and questions were certainly valid.  :)  PM me today to remind me, as I have cleaned up my inbox.

kosko99

Bernie thanks a lot for the chance to get those games :D

cr8zykuban0

Just sent a pm. Very awesome of you guys to do this!!

Vimtoman

Bernie

Vimtoman

technozombie

Quote from: Bernie on 11/10/2015, 06:24 PMHey guys, I need a favor.  PLEASE PLEASE read the PMs I send out, completely.  :(  I do not want these payments gifted, as I use PayPal to ship.  it is just MUCH easier for me that way.  I have had to refund several already, so I am not sure if its being overlooked or what... 

As a person who doesn't use PayPal very much the way you pay is kind of weird. When you are at the conformation screen there is a check box that says: Are you buying something? I didn't think too much about it and unchecked that. Without notifying me, it turned the transaction into a gift.

Supercom32

Quote from: technozombie on 11/13/2015, 08:29 AMWhen you are at the conformation screen there is a check box that says: Are you buying something? I didn't think too much about it and unchecked that. Without notifying me, it turned the transaction into a gift.
I think that's because you are using the new Paypal site layout. At you summary page near the bottom left side, you should see "the classic site" look link option.

IvanBeavkov

So I was feeling a little creative and decided to make some inserts for the boots Bernie and BlueBMW are distributing.

Brraap I hope you don't feel like I'm stepping on you toes with this since you are also making inserts, more options are good right? Also these were fun to make.

So anyway here are the inserts I have made so far.

Go here to download high quality versions.
https://goo.gl/photos/Mc69TSw2EJpXvBq58

Beyond Shadowgate
beyondshadowgateBACK - With Title On Spine.png
Beyond Shadowgate - Back.jpg

Might and Magic III
Might and Magic III - Back.jpg

Dynastic Hero
Dynastic Hero - Back.jpg

I also stumbled upon this in the 'Print your own stuff' thread.
The user fragmare made an English Rondo of Blood insert and posted it here if anyone is interested.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=384939

Brraap

It's an unwritten law in Japan that every shooter series has to have it's own ''parody''

NecroPhile

Nice, Ivan.  A few small typos: there's no a in the word lord (in both M&M III and BS), there's a missing period between intertwined and Escape in BS, and journey is misspelled twice in BS.

Dicer

Quote from: IvanBeavkov on 11/13/2015, 09:15 AMSo I was feeling a little creative and decided to make some inserts for the boots Bernie and BlueBMW are distributing.

Brraap I hope you don't feel like I'm stepping on you toes with this since you are also making inserts, more options are good right? Also these were fun to make.

So anyway here are the inserts I have made so far.

Go here to download high quality versions.

Beyond Shadowgate

Might and Magic III

Dynastic Hero
Dynastic Hero - Back.jpg

I also stumbled upon this in the 'Print your own stuff' thread.
The user fragmare made an English Rondo of Blood insert and posted it here if anyone is interested.
https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?msg=384939
Those in black would be awesome, still nice in white but black is better, IMHO...

IvanBeavkov

Quote from: Brraap on 11/13/2015, 10:13 AMCool...I might use that Dynastic Hero rear insert.
Feel free to use any insert I make.

Quote from: guest on 11/13/2015, 10:22 AMNice, Ivan.  A few small typos: there's no a in the word lord (in both M&M III and BS), there's a missing period between intertwined and Escape in BS, and journey is misspelled twice in BS.
Hey thanks for catching those errors. Looks like I will have to fire my editor.

Me: Hey editor your fired.

My Editor (Also me): Awwwwww..... (Walks away with sad Hulk music playing)

So here are the fixed versions. I updated the high quality versions at my link.

Beyond Shadowgate

Might and Magic III

NecroPhile

Quote from: IvanBeavkov on 11/13/2015, 11:22 AMMe: Hey editor your fired.

My Editor (Also me): Awwwwww..... (Walks away with sad Hulk music playing)
:lol:

Bernie

Should have left the typos.  Fits right in with what TTI and NEC released back then. 

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

Corredor X

Guys, that's amazing! Thanks to BlueBMW, Bernie and everyone involved for this  :D

IvanBeavkov

Quote from: Bernie on 11/13/2015, 12:04 PMShould have left the typos.  Fits right in with what TTI and NEC released back then.
Ha, true unfortunately it would bother me too much to not fix.

Bernie

Hey guys and gals.  I have made my weekly trip to the PO, and dropped off a ton of shipments.  So, if you are one of the ones that have your PayPal transaction showing shipped, you can track it now. 

Everyone else that has sent monies, I will get yall out the door next.  I have a nice big tub that USPS is letting me use, so as I print and package, I throw em in that..Then I smash them up a little...  :) 

I do have a lot of folks that PM me back asking if I got the payment, or other questions.  Try to keep those at a minimum if you would.  Rest assured, if your payment went to "Lindell Gaming", then I got it.  If you knew what my PM box looked like these past several days, you would understand.  :)  Just keep an eye on your PayPal, and here.  Once I ship again, I will update here for everyone. 

I hope everyone is enjoying these, as we did a little work to get all this together.  I wont call out the team by name, but if they wanna speak up they can.  If it wasn't for each of them, this wouldn't be happening.  I'd like to personally thank each and every one of them for their part. 

Also, DO NOT forget, braap is currently offering his manual and inserts for these games.  I have a set, and they look magnificent!  Don't let the cost of shipping deter you.  There is always the option to just have the manual/insert mailed, and you provide your own case.  That would cut some of the shipping cost.

jtucci31

geise

johnnykonami

Braap, would you mind posting samples and some prices of your inserts?  Do they include like a front cover to replace where the manual would go?  Also, do you have the next 4 games Bernie mentioned available as well?  I'm sure some of us would just get all of them in one go.

o.pwuaioc