@GTV reviews the Cosmic Fantasy 1-2 Switch collection by Edia, provides examples of the poor English editing/localization work. It's much worse for CF1. Rated "D" for disappointment, finding that TurboGrafx CF2 is better & while CF1's the real draw, Edia screwed it up...
Main Menu

Hi everyone :)

Started by Ash, 04/12/2011, 10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ash

Hey everyone!!!!!!!!!!!  :D

My name is Ashley but I am going by ash on the forums. I am new to this site and I hope I can make some new friends on here.  :dance:  I know some stuff about the game systems and a little about the games.... I am learning everyday. :D My generation growing up... The Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Gamecube, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, and Playstation were mostly what I was introduce to. I am now learning about the NEC Turbo Grafx 16, NEC TurboDuo, SNK NEO-GEO (AES), and Super famicom. I have play some games on most of all of game systems that I am learning about. :mrgreen: Well I am going eventually start to talk in the forums soon and then I am going to introduce myself to everyone in the shout soon too. :D

BlueBMW

Welcome! :D  Sounds like you grew up on the same stuff as me.  I didn't discover NEC stuff til I was in High school (around 2000 or so)
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Ash

thanks for the welcome :mrgreen: It really means a lot to me  :mrgreen:

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/12/2011, 10:52 PMWelcome! :D  Sounds like you grew up on the same stuff as me.  I didn't discover NEC stuff til I was in High school (around 2000 or so)
You may know this "Ash" more than you realize. :wink: She was at MGC. :)

nat

Ash

nectarsis

Welcome...to Mathiuseses better half :P
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

Mathius

BlueBMW

Quote from: Mathius on 04/12/2011, 10:54 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/12/2011, 10:52 PMWelcome! :D  Sounds like you grew up on the same stuff as me.  I didn't discover NEC stuff til I was in High school (around 2000 or so)
I remember :D  She was cool.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

Tatsujin

Welcome aboard Ash(ley). Hope you get a good crash course in obeyance here :D

GROOVY!!
www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Ash

Ash

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/12/2011, 11:41 PMWelcome aboard Ash(ley). Hope you get a good crash course in obeyance here :D

GROOVY!!
Well thank you so much for the welcome :)

Ash

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/12/2011, 11:26 PM
Quote from: Mathius on 04/12/2011, 10:54 PM
Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/12/2011, 10:52 PMWelcome! :D  Sounds like you grew up on the same stuff as me.  I didn't discover NEC stuff til I was in High school (around 2000 or so)
I remember :D  She was cool.
Well You were pretty cool yourself :)

Keranu

Quote from: Ash on 04/12/2011, 10:41 PMMy generation growing up... The Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Gamecube, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, and Playstation were mostly what I was introduce to. I am now learning about the NEC Turbo Grafx 16, NEC TurboDuo, SNK NEO-GEO (AES), and Super famicom.
Congratulations, you are now enlightened :) .
Quote from: TurboXray on 01/02/2014, 09:21 PMAdding PCE console specific layer on top of that, makes for an interesting challenge (no, not a reference to Ys II).
IMG
Click the banner to learn more about Alex Chiu and his "immortality rings"

Mathius

Quote from: Keranu on 04/13/2011, 12:49 AM
Quote from: Ash on 04/12/2011, 10:41 PMMy generation growing up... The Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Gamecube, Sega Genesis, Nintendo 64, and Playstation were mostly what I was introduce to. I am now learning about the NEC Turbo Grafx 16, NEC TurboDuo, SNK NEO-GEO (AES), and Super famicom.
Ha ha she is indeed! :D

blueraven

NecroPhile

Welcome aboard the crazy train!  It's always good to hear of people enjoying the great stuff they missed out on back in the day.  :D

P.S. - Do you perchance work in housewares?
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

JoshTurboTrollX

Welcome to PCFX Ash(ley)!

if your looking for a crash course/ information/ crap-ton o' great screen shots of OBEY goodness check out- http://www.thebrothersduomazov.com/

If you lose track of time its very easy to read through the entire website in an 8 hour work day!  Trust me...... lol :)

See ya around!!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Gogan

Welcome, lots of good infos on here to learn from.

Enjoy your stay.
Nothin beats the real thing.

Ash

Quote from: guest on 04/13/2011, 09:30 AMWelcome aboard the crazy train!  It's always good to hear of people enjoying the great stuff they missed out on back in the day.  :D

P.S. - Do you perchance work in housewares?
So far I love this website! :) you guys are really nice :) I do not work in housewares.

Ash

Quote from: Mathius on 04/13/2011, 12:53 AM
Ha ha she is indeed! :D
Well thank you  Keranu :)

Ash

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/13/2011, 09:46 AMWelcome to PCFX Ash(ley)!

if your looking for a crash course/ information/ crap-ton o' great screen shots of OBEY goodness check out- http://www.thebrothersduomazov.com/

If you lose track of time its very easy to read through the entire website in an 8 hour work day!  Trust me...... lol :)

See ya around!!
I will check that website out :) I already been to one website learning about the game systems :)  I also been learning stuff from Mathius too. :)

Jesse813

Hi Ash :) and welcome to PCENGINEFX

Ash

Quote from: Jesse813 on 04/13/2011, 12:21 PMHi Ash :) and welcome to PCENGINEFX
Well thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!! I want to tahnk everyone for the welcomes :)

SignOfZeta

Ok, this is getting disgusting...
IMG

blueraven

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/13/2011, 07:46 PMOk, this is getting disgusting...
Sorry you feel that way. A little camaraderie goes a long way.

Mathius

It's just a big group welcome Zeta. :) Join in if you want. Otherwise...

Senshi

:lol:

Does anyone else think this forum needs an "Introduce yourself" section? Me thinks so.

and welcome Ash
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

NecroPhile

Are you..... uncomfortable?

SignOfZeta

Quote from: guest on 04/14/2011, 09:54 AM
I don't think that's the word for it.

A bunch of nerds fawning over a new member in a gushing display of codependent two-way attention mongering, solely because she is the first female to register here in years, and possibly one of less than half a dozen in the decade or so long history of the site...what's that called?

...reminds me of that episode of Reno 911 where Clementine crashes the Christian singles mixer...
IMG

esteban

Quote from: Ash on 04/12/2011, 10:41 PMHey everyone!!!!!!!!!!!  :D
Welcome, Ash. :)

Hahahahhaa. Zeta, I don't know why folks don't appreciate your bitterness :).
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

turbogrfxfan

ha ha Yes!! what up Ash?!  good to see you on here.  Its cool your gettinto the turbo. Welcome aboard!
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Tatsujin

Not so nice turben, else you are giving the impression of being a horny dog.
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

Mathius

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/14/2011, 07:56 PM

A bunch of nerds fawning over a new member in a gushing display of codependent two-way attention mongering, solely because she is the first female to register here in years, and possibly one of less than half a dozen in the decade or so long history of the site...what's that called?

...reminds me of that episode of Reno 911 where Clementine crashes the Christian singles mixer...
She also happens to be a super duper 2011 Turobfester, and my Turbogal. :) Plus, I asked the guys in shout to extend her a warm welcome. :)

Also, for the record I happen to enjoy Zeta's particular brand of bitterness.  :wink:

turbogrfxfan

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/14/2011, 08:31 PMNot so nice turben, else you are giving the impression of being a horny dog.
lol no tats we hung out at the mgc together. its with all respect

Tatsujin

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 04/14/2011, 08:43 PM
Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/14/2011, 08:31 PMNot so nice turben, else you are giving the impression of being a horny dog.
lol no tats we hung out at the mgc together. its with all respect
lol turben, check some of the talks before :D

turbogrfxfan

oooooooooooooooooooo ok.

BlueBMW

I also met Ash at the MGC... and I also met Mathius, so any of you dudes thinking of makin a move, you'd better think twice cuz ol Mathius may look like a soft teddy bear on the outside but watch out because he'll getcha!  :lol:

Tatsujin

TANKMATH IS STRONG!

Mathius

Quote from: BlueBMW on 04/14/2011, 09:21 PMI also met Ash at the MGC... and I also met Mathius, so any of you dudes thinking of makin a move, you'd better think twice cuz ol Mathius may look like a soft teddy bear on the outside but watch out because he'll getcha!  :lol: 
:lol:

Quote from: Tatsujin on 04/14/2011, 09:27 PMTANKMATH IS STRONG!
TANKMATH :lol:

Senshi

that was an awesome episode of an awesome show.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

nectarsis

Orrrrrrrr the fact that a number of us have met her, and also her boyfriend ;)
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

blueraven

Quote from: nectarsis on 04/14/2011, 09:55 PM

That is a funny-ass episode.

@Zeta are you bitter because you didn't get a chance to hang out and eat Burgers/Custard?

*awaits sardonic response* :lol:

Ash

Quote from: blueraven on 04/14/2011, 10:49 PM
Quote from: nectarsis on 04/14/2011, 09:55 PM

That is a funny-ass episode.

@Zeta are you bitter because you didn't get a chance to hang out and eat Burgers/Custard?

*awaits sardonic response* :lol:
Thank you all so much for all the welcomes!!! :)   :dance:  You all are so nice!!!!!! :)I am really glad i decided to come onto this site :)

Tatsujin

You have chosen... wisely!

esteban

IMG
IMGIMG IMG  |  IMG  |  IMG IMG

JoshTurboTrollX

You didn't chose PCFX.

PCFX chose you.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 04/14/2011, 07:56 PMA bunch of nerds fawning over a new member in a gushing display of codependent two-way attention mongering, solely because she is the first female to register here in years, and possibly one of less than half a dozen in the decade or so long history of the site...what's that called?
It's called welcoming a new member.  If you weren't busy yelling at everyone to get off your lawn, maybe you'd notice that there's tons of similar threads.

Ash

Quote from: JoshTurboTrollX-16 on 04/15/2011, 06:55 AMYou didn't chose PCFX.

PCFX chose you.
YOU ARE SO RIGHT!!!!!!! :) After I met everyone at MGC I knew i wanted to join! :)

Tatsujin

You knew..correctly :)