RIP to BT Garner of MindRec.com... He passed away early 2023 from health problems. BT was one of the top PCE homebrew developers and founder of the OG Turbo List, then PCECP.com. Condolences to family and friends.
IMG
IMG
Main Menu

Warning about cjameslv

Started by CrackTiger, 05/23/2017, 07:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrackTiger

A few months ago, I listed a bunch of games for sale on atariage after occasionally posting them here and other sites with no luck. I was shocked when I got messaged by over 20 people in one day and the pms continued to flow in. Everyone wanted multiple games and they all crossed over the lists of what others were asking to buy. So I sent everyone a polite message briefing explaining the situation and that I completing or ruling out transactions in order of who contacted me first.

I didn't realize that it was cjameslv who had messaged me when I gave him the same response. I think that I thought it was the jamesv (or whatever) guy who spams forums asking for help completing sets and them flips them once they're ready. I still didn't let that affect my actions. Since he asked for literally all of SMS games, which were the most popular games people wanted, they whittled down to all being sold before I worked my way down the list back to him.

Inevitably, a few people got overlooked while I tried to get back to everyone, as atariage has messages listed as "conversations" and the latest response pushes them to the top, keeping them out of chronological order.

The email notifications there also rarely work for me, so I was surprised when I came back to my sales thread to update it and found a couple posts by cjameslv.

The first message was posted 12 hours after he messaghed me at 3:00am:

"I pm'd this guy last night and yet to hear back..."

The second one further down is:

"This guys a flake or a fake... I pm'd him back on the 5th to buy well over 20+ games, he never did get back to me with prices and shipping info."

The only response he had received from me at that point, was that I was dealing with everyone in order. I never told him that anything was available and we had never even begun any kind of transaction.

That's when I recognized the username and confirmed that it was the same infamous guy from pcefx.

I bought a 3D printed Turbo Everdrive shell from cjameslv which never arrived. I asked him about it weeks later, not too concerned over something relatively inexpensive, because unlike his posting history here, I'm not interested in drama. He first said that he had a receipt with tracking and would look into it. When he got back to me he said that he couldn't find it, but had totally sent it, but that didn't matter because he was either about to send a second shell or already had.

Nothing ever arrived and he soon fled the forum after failing to send the winner of his raffle their copy of New Adventure Island.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19704.0

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=19704.45

I was shocked that the guy who ripped me off and reneged on a raffle he posted for the attention had so quickly tried to ruin my reputation on atariage over a nonexistent transaction. I expect that he has a long history of doing all of these things.

He has one additional post besides his new digging up drama thread on here and it confirms that he's still been lurking to scoop up deals. I may not have publicized what happened between us because I didn't think it was worth it, but I'm still surprised that he publicly confirmed shopping on here after bailing on the forum just to avoid following through with his raffle (and likely other private transactions).
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Gypsy

Added to never sell to list. What a turd.

crazydean

Maybe he's hoping that everyone forgot?

Opethian

IMG

Gypsy

NecroPhile

Sounds like a grade-A prick.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

CrackTiger

Something I've remembered since starting this thread is that back when he first disappeared,  I thought that maybe something happened in his personal life and he just dropped offline. That was another reason I didn't want to post about what happened.

But when I pieced together everything after that atariage post, I confirmed that he's been active in various communities the whole time.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

cjameslv

At least get your facts straight before you post.

QuoteI bought a 3D printed Turbo Everdrive shell from cjameslv which never arrived. I asked him about it weeks later, not too concerned over something relatively inexpensive, because unlike his posting history here, I'm not interested in drama. He first said that he had a receipt with tracking and would look into it. When he got back to me he said that he couldn't find it, but had totally sent it, but that didn't matter because he was either about to send a second shell or already had.
Everyone i sent shells to got theirs but you. Even Dicer who i sent a replacement one as well received both of his.

QuoteNothing ever arrived and he soon fled the forum after failing to send the winner of his raffle their copy of New Adventure Island.
You are full of shit. I did send the New Adventure Island which was a prior raffle. HercTNT won that and confirmed delivery. Anything else you want to makeup and be completely wrong on?

Quote... (and likely other private transactions).
More made-up nonsense. Your the only person who had an issue with any paid transactions with me on here.

SignOfZeta

Do you ever wonder what it's like to know these people outside of games and forums? There's SO MANY weird psycho scammers and shit around here it makes me think I must work with at least one nut job of this sort and they must have totally mastered human ways and language in order to blend in.
IMG

Gentlegamer

I can't comment on this particular transaction, but cjameslv sold me cic Bonk's Revenge two years ago with no issues.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

spenoza

You are totally right, dude. It was a different, high-value, mystery raffle you totally flaked on. I totally understand wanting people to hate you for flaking out on folks for the right reasons.

I also love how you specify BT is the only PAID transaction you had trouble with on THIS FORUM. We can read between the lines...

CrackTiger

I saw the words "New Adventure Island" in the linked raffle description and remembered that there was a NAI raffle in his topic history.

The linked raffle was actually for a mystery item he valued at $80 - $100 and it was VenomMacbeth who said that they heard and received nothing.

cjameslv

Quote from: guest on 05/23/2017, 10:36 AMI've had great transactions, tremendous transactions with BT and CjamesLV.  Believe me. They were the best transactions. Hope they can work out the bad juju. Seems that CJ jumped the gun (and the shark) over at Atari age, but a cursory glance at their mobile site didn't turn up the thread in question so I'm just going on BT's statement.
Well i didn't jump the gun but i did wait 3 days without a response before i posted he was a flake. I'm not the only one too, others were complaining about the lack of communication.

Link is here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/261846-fs-mark-iii-md-genesis-32x-famicom-games/

NecroPhile

Quote from: cjameslv on 05/23/2017, 09:46 AMYou are full of shit. I did send the New Adventure Island which was a prior raffle. HercTNT won that and confirmed delivery. Anything else you want to makeup and be completely wrong on?
So he mixed up two different raffles, but you knew exactly what he was talking about and chose to nitpick a simple mistake and ignore the larger issue?  Bravo.

sirhcman

I made a trade with cjames and it went smooth.. never had a problem!

CrackTiger

Quote from: NecroPhile on 05/23/2017, 12:25 PM
Quote from: cjameslv on 05/23/2017, 09:46 AMYou are full of shit. I did send the New Adventure Island which was a prior raffle. HercTNT won that and confirmed delivery. Anything else you want to makeup and be completely wrong on?
So he mixed up two different raffles, but you knew exactly what he was talking about and chose to nitpick a simple mistake and ignore the larger issue?  Bravo.
I linked the correct raffle in the opening post and never changed it.

There was only one other (singular) person who posted in the atariage thread that they hadn't received a response yet.

Crossbow posted:

QuoteI PM'd as well the other day without a reply, yet the system shows he has been active. So not sure?
Followed by:

QuoteAs I said...his profile shows him active on the site even as of this morning just a few hours ago, so I haven't any ideas on what his deal is. My guess is that he is working out a bulk sale with someone on most of this. No worries... he either wants his stuff sold...or he doesn't.
I know that he wasn't upset and was thinking rationally, as he messaged me on sega-16 and I explained the situation and apologized.

Others who got the same blanket response as cjameslv checked in with me again through pms and were cool with the honest responses given. If cjameslv had followed up as well, he would also been updated. In The the end it took weeks to go through overlapping requests, while anyone who asked for games which didn't overlap were dealt with quickly.

I didn't flake on anything as there was nothing between us to flake on. I was the one who responded last, so he wasn't waiting on any quotes or anything.

I'm surprised yet again about his attitude, language and accusations here, as he has hasn't disputed what I actually refered to. I continue to calmly explain everything and anything as I have nothing to hide and am not angry.

If giving him a response about his interest in some games makes me a "flake" and linking a deadbeat raffle makes me "full of shit", then what does cjameslv think about someone who said they sent an item twice which never arrived, didn't follow through on a raffle and then immediately disappeared for a year and half, only to showing up to continue a flame war and loot the forum?

cjameslv

I offered to send you your money back and you didn't respond so fuck you & and join my new raffle if your so inclined!

jtucci31

Your=possessive
You're=contraction of you are

Guess it's been awhile since we've had some good threads here  :roll:

geise

Quote from: cjameslv on 05/23/2017, 02:28 PMI offered to send you your money back and you didn't respond so fuck you & and join my new raffle if your so inclined!
LOL you're a fucking dick. Go back to atariage.

SignOfZeta

How do we get Professor here again? It'll be worth it to chase this idiot back up Roy Vegas's asshole.
IMG

SignOfZeta

You're probably right. He may just need to be defrosted.
IMG

NoSexGex

^^^His FB posts are fucking awesome, i'de like to see him in here
For a good time, reach out to this wily KKKFarm-crankcaller at (780) 717-9274 or Ryleystuartreynolds@gmail.com up in Alberta, Canada!
His last crank-voicemail: "Gimme a call back when you can. This is Ryley by the way... *giggles*"
He then followed it up with 8 WEEKS of ~DAILY calling! BAN ON SIGHT!!!

SignOfZeta

I'm not a fan. This is strictly a merc situation.
IMG

OldRover

cjameslv took my virginity and never gave it back.
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

CrackTiger

Quote from: cjameslv on 05/23/2017, 02:28 PMI offered to send you your money back and you didn't respond so fuck you & and join my new raffle if your so inclined!
This was posted two and a half hours after messaging me in the middle of the day.

I guess he really did find 12 hours unacceptible.

Gypsy

Literally nothing stopping cjames from just sending PP funds to BT to make it right.

NecroPhile

Or providing a tracking number or at least a pic of the receipt as proof of mailing.

CrackTiger

Quote from: Gypsy on 05/24/2017, 11:40 AMLiterally nothing stopping cjames from just sending PP funds to BT to make it right.
That was what he offered in his pm before saying "too late! fuck you!" on here 2.5 hours later. I messaged him back the truth, that I appreciated the offer but I was never looking for a refund.

About the tracking, his last message after saying that he couldn't find the tracking number for the first TED shell, was that he would send a second. He continued to post for another couple weeks, but that was the last I heard from him before he disappeared and nothing ever showed up. I don't think that I've had this happen with anyone else once, let alone twice in a row, since 2005.

When he suddenly disappeared and VenomMacbeth said that he also received nothing and hadn't heard from him... I think that it wasn't an over reaction to take offense when I discovered him showing up a year and a half later claiming that I was "either a flake or a fake" over nothing.

I didn't hold any ill will towards him until that point, as he could very well have had something going on in his personal life and I believed he had just forgotten to print and send anything.

But after those atariage posts, for him to show up here flaming from the get-go and talking about buying from people here recently and expecting to be welcomed back with open arms was not cool. Then for his initial reaction being to attack me and deny ever shafting anyone on a raffle, before finally admitting it, should have only ruined any credibility he might have had with anyone.

But like what Arkhan talked about with Tobias' bootlegging, most people are more interested in goodies like raffles.

crazydean

Quote...most people are more interested in goodies like raffles.
This is all that needs to be said. He didn't need your permission to give a refund a year and a half later. If he wants to be treated as a member of this community, he needs to right his wrongs and apologize. Doesn't look like this will happen though.

Sparky

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/23/2017, 09:51 AMDo you ever wonder what it's like to know these people outside of games and forums? There's SO MANY weird psycho scammers and shit around here it makes me think I must work with at least one nut job of this sort and they must have totally mastered human ways and language in order to blend in.
Also on a side note a lot of them have thinning hair and when you shake there hand it's like a wet sponge. Ewww

Gredler

Confluence of fuckery. Such a wordsmith.