Shoutbox

Started by Arkhan Asylum, 07/03/2017, 01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkhan Asylum

What is the T word?

Titty?
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/09/2017, 12:09 PMWell, first off, people are insulted by whatever insults them, it often makes zero sense, therefore you don't get to say. If you're in a wheelchair and "lame" doesn't bother you then that would be the only claim you could really make.

The physically handicapped are lame. That's what lame means.
Argue with the dictionary!  Show it how smart you are!

You're probably one of the fools that'd admonish me for using a retarded finish on precast or retarding the timing on an engine.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

xcrement5x

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 11/09/2017, 12:13 PMWhat is the T word?

Titty?
Turrican.  The stain of the TG16 version can never be removed.

EDIT:Also, teeheee, I quoted all over Arkhan.

Sarumaru

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 11/09/2017, 12:08 PM
Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/09/2017, 10:07 AMLame has more than one long standing definition, including its use to describe something that's weak/inadequate/unsatisfactory.  Saying something like "that's a lame excuse" is not an insult to the physically handicapped.
Yeah, it bugs me when people have an inability to understand how vernacular changes.   

The autism one is hard to really justify since it only exists as a mental problem and is literally what the word was made for... granted, around here a lot of us still use it to make fun of each other because we're dicks.

Over the course of the 90s, we called everything gay/lame/retarded.  Everyone did this.  Girls, Guys, pets, skip its.

Everything was gay.  It had nothing to do with homosexuals.   You'd spill your icecream and go "fuck that's gay", or we'd call our friends fags.

In recent times, people have been flipping the hell out about it.  Most of the time, in my experience, it's not even gay people being upset.   I've had gay people back me up on it, too.

Gay used to mean happy, fag used to be cigarettes or piles of sticks or something.   Shit changes.  Save the triggertimes for when it's actually some hate driven discrimination crap. 

Lame/Gay/Retard are basically the 90s way of saying "that isn't good."

Granted, retard is short for mentally retarded, and you're calling someone fucking slow, but whatever.

Fuck it allllllllllll
IMG

ClodBusted

Recently on Tamiyaclub.com forums, one of my posts was rejected because it included an embedded Youtube video that had the spoken word 'apeshit' in it.

Arkhan Asylum

time to leave that forum.

sounds like a bunch of lame gayfagtards running things.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

NecroPhile

Quote from: guest on 11/09/2017, 02:31 PMRecently on Tamiyaclub.com forums, one of my posts was rejected because it included an embedded Youtube video that had the spoken word 'apeshit' in it.
Everybody poops, even apes.

ClodBusted

Please think of the children.

SignOfZeta

Quote from: NecroPhile on 11/09/2017, 12:52 PM
Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/09/2017, 12:09 PMWell, first off, people are insulted by whatever insults them, it often makes zero sense, therefore you don't get to say. If you're in a wheelchair and "lame" doesn't bother you then that would be the only claim you could really make.

The physically handicapped are lame. That's what lame means.
Argue with the dictionary!  Show it how smart you are!

You're probably one of the fools that'd admonish me for using a retarded finish on precast or retarding the timing on an engine.
I use retarded constantly. I love the term. You must be thinking of someone else. Maybe you're thinking of that one guy who think dictionaries matter.

I also retard (and advance) engines on a minute by minute basis for a living so that part is unlikely as well, fuckin 'tard.
IMG

SignOfZeta

Titty?
A certain famous person's last name.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/09/2017, 03:26 PM

Titty?
A certain famous person's last name.
ah, yes, youre all a bunch of dumb, fucking retarded ass travoltas.

SignOfZeta

Stop throwing his name all around, it's the exactly what Travolta wants.

"Complicity in an oppressive cult" might also be a thing society still lets you rag on people for but it has to be recognized as a worthless religion so no-go with Catholics, totally OK with Scientology, currently LDS are a bit in both worlds, as they have always been.

Better stick to taking the piss out of people's selfishness...at least until they come up with a clinical name for that too. I decided to not pick on Ben Carson anymore since there will absolutely be a name for whatever he has some day.
IMG

spenoza

This is a good discussion. It's nice to reflect, sometimes. We should all take a little time to think about what we do and why we do it, and whether there's maybe a better way to do it.

But on this specific issue, a lot of it comes down to respect and normalization. There was a time it was OK to normalize gay (homosexuality) as bad, because it was seen as a social ill, a perversion or nature, as something that was objectively wrong. Well, now we know that's stupid. And calling stuff that sucks gay implies that gay is bad, and gay people aren't bad people. And while very few people probably WANT to be on the autism spectrum or have developmental disabilities, it doesn't make them lesser people. Less smart, or less capable in a lot of ways, yes, but not, ultimately, less human. And so when we use those words as insults, it normalizes the idea that these people are bad or less human. I don't mean that saying something is gay or retarded automatically means you personally intend to dehumanize people who are those things. But when we collectively say that word use is acceptable, it means we're kind of saying it's OK for people to harbor those feelings about people, even if we might individually know that it isn't so.

Anyone who tells you the language you use doesn't affect the way you think is full of shit, because the human brain is wired for language, and language absolutely affects our views and thought processes.

Psycho Punch

I'm surprised my post generated such a reaction but no one is discussing the dehumanization of the Japanese AV industry and its consumers, especially overseas ones, by saying "JAVFAP is (...)".

:P
This Toxic Turbo Turd/Troll & Clone Warrior calls himself "Burning Fight!!" on Neo-Geo.com
For a good time, reach out to: aleffrenan94@gmail.com or punchballmariobros@gmail.com
Like DildoKobold, dildos are provided free of charge, no need to bring your own! :lol:
He also ran scripts to steal/clone this forum which blew up the error logs! I had to delete THOUSANDS of errors cause of this nutcase!
how_to_spell_ys_sign_origin_ver.webp

Arkhan Asylum

well the thing is, words change meanings overtime depending how people start using them.

How did gay go from being happy, to dudes fuckin dudes? lol.

I have a gay friend that's a linguist major. 

He's fully aware of, and completely unbothered by people's use of gay to describe something sucking.   He seems to prefer people save that energy for when gay people are actually being attacked.

Like, when someone's computer crashes and they go "man thats gay", it's not exactly an attack on humans.

I wonder if the fact that he's a linguist is why he doesn't really get phased by inane insults.

I've actually never had a gay person complain at me for saying somethings gay.   It's always some stereotypical looking "offended on behalf of others" tumblrtard reject that has that "#triggered" aura.

AKA:
Girl: asymmetrical shaved haircut, dyed a color, thick glasses.
Boy: Looks fucking stupid and pretentious.  Has a beard.  Hopes his actions will get him laid by women who are all about not being objectified, and hasn't realized how stupid his plan is.

xcrement5x

Arkahn, if he's gay then would you say your friend is not fan of cunning linguists?

SignOfZeta

I guess never having used "gay" regularly in my lifetime I've never had to concoct justifications for it. I'll know the feeling when the shit hits the retarded fan.
IMG

spenoza

Linguists know about the origins and use of language but that typically doesn't include language and the brain, ala psychology and neuroscience. And yes, given the challenges some gay folks face simply avoiding real and material discrimination or being beaten up by reprobates, I can understand him not being able to muster the energy to care about gay being used to mean bad or sucky. But it doesn't change the fact that using the word that way encourages association between gay and negativity. The psychology of language is worth the study. Sometimes the little things we do carelessly have meaningful cumulative effects.

SignOfZeta

Most people who use "gay" were using it before they knew what fucking even was, let alone gay fucking or retarded gay fucking.

I think that's where the pushback comes from on this and a lot of things. When they said Ninja Turtles were "gay" it really was without malice because they were just dumb kids who didn't know anything. Similarly, most people in the south were jerking off to flags decades before they saw Roots and...basically don't want to face reality and grow up.

It just makes you sound dumb, honestly. That's my main problem with it. Why is a bad thing a gay thing unless you hate gayness? Nobody seems to have an answer for this. 30 years ago, sure, a lot more people thought gay=bad. If that's still the case then the homophobic use of "gay" applies and everything is fine, you're just an asshole. But if you don't hate gays then it's just a dumb use of the world.
IMG

Arkhan Asylum

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 11/09/2017, 10:43 PMMost people who use "gay" were using it before they knew what fucking even was, let alone gay fucking or retarded gay fucking.
This is me.

I somehow picked up on the use of the word when I was like, 3.    I would complain that my clothes were uncomfortable for various retarded reasons and I'd be like

THESE CLOTHES ARE GAY.

THEY'RE TOUCHING ME.   

I'd rip my clothes off and sit there in my underwear like "fuck clothes" and just play nintendo lol.

Part of it was tube socks.   Whoever invented those is a fucking douchebag.   That seam on the toes drives me nuts.  I hated it.   Once my parents got me normal fucking sucks, my clothes got less gay.
Its also probably because of things like this.

really, its basically the 90s version of fiddlesticks, lol.

Or you had a skateboarding trick called the gaytwist. 

its interesting, I also remember in one of the bones brigade videos (Future Primitive), the bowl has like FAGS and shit spraypainted on it.

and I doubt anyone there gave a shit if someone was actually gay.   It's just one of those things.

Fucking weird. 

SignOfZeta

Quote from: Psycho Punch on 11/09/2017, 05:09 PMI'm surprised my post generated such a reaction but no one is discussing the dehumanization of the Japanese AV industry and its consumers, especially overseas ones, by saying "JAVFAP is (...)".

:P
I have to recognize the cleverness of that gag.
IMG

ClodBusted

Fuck diarrhea.

spenoza

So does, like, JAVFAP stand for something? Or whatever the dude uses for his handle?

Arkhan Asylum

fuck diarrhea sounds like an intense scat video.

Arkhan Asylum

IMG

lol.

what the fuck.

turboswimbz

something tells me that'll give you diarrhea
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

NecroPhile

Something tells me that rich west country sauce is a bit salty.

Arkhan Asylum

LOL, how relevant.

blueraven

Wow I missed that entire conversation.

My takeaway was "Comedy is Hard"

And also, this is a video game forum, so I initially expect everyone to have the mental capacity of of a WoW raider who has been up for 30 hours and the maturity of a 5 year old having a tantrum in the grocery store.

ClodBusted

You're too sloo-oow!

spenoza

I am always still surprised when browsers continue to support text crawl  :)

bob

Quote from: Psycho Arkhan on 11/12/2017, 12:23 AM
LOL, how relevant.
we need an SNL thread.  i love the history of the show.
with older siblings i have watched it since i was like 6.

seieienbu

I generally like SNL during election years and not the rest of the time.  Their political sketches always seem on point to me.  Meanwhile, the regular humor often falls flat.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

bob

the politics have gotten a bit too heavy.  going to the well too often.
overall, it seems they are having a hard time finishing skits, but i am enjoying the season.  not a super cast right now, or any "must see" characters.

Bernie

SHOUT AT THE DEVIL

NecroPhile

ClodBusted

Yes, this is dog.

blueraven

Fucking Christ I'm throwing a brick through the goddamn window of the next Prius that nearly runs me over in an intersection. Thanks Techbro  :evil: :evil: :evil:

Gredler

blueraven

Not too much other than the constant shitstorm of work... Knee deep in projects.

Arkhan Asylum

and knuckle deep in my ass

ClodBusted

Sounds kinky.

Gredler

seieienbu

They say that unlike Sonic, he never chuckles.  He'd rather show off and flex his muscles.

Gredler

Those rhymes made my knees buckle

Arkhan Asylum

perfect. 

open wide.  here comes the Arktrain.

CHOOO CHOOOOO

seieienbu

Why they decided to make a Knuckles rap in Sonic Adventure I'll never know.

blueraven

Gredler

Arkhan Asylum