The Analogue Turbo Duo clone shipped in time for Christmas 2023. Are you happy with yours ?? Find firmware updates here.
Main Menu

OSAMA BIN LADEN IS DEAD

Started by TR0N, 05/02/2011, 12:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Glad that bastard got it finally however i'm sure some one will replace him.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden

IMG
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Joe Redifer

Can I have my rights back now?

TR0N

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/02/2011, 02:01 AMCan I have my rights back now?
Pre 911 hmm i don't know not !!  :roll:
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

VestCunt

Wait, so people still believe that theory about Islamic extremists conspiring to bring down the WTC towers?
Topic Adjourned.

blueraven

Awesome clip, tr0n.

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/02/2011, 02:01 AMCan I have my rights back now?
Stand up and fight, Joe.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: guestWait, so people still believe that theory about Islamic extremists conspiring to bring down the WTC towers?
Just the ones who don't own any tin foil hats.

Opethian

IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

OldRover

Leave it up to Fox to fuck it up. :)
Turbo Badass Rank: Janne (6 of 12 clears)
Conquered so far: Sinistron, Violent Soldier, Tatsujin, Super Raiden, Shape Shifter, Rayxanber II

turbogrfxfan

Well I believe that theory and I'm glad they killed that bastard on he spot
. Thing is though, now its their move.
  I now once again feel a little
More unsafe when I get off the subway at times square on my way to work. So even when he's dead he's still terrOrizing. He changed my world for gooD. And like 911 he won't be forgotten.
"Is everyone from jersey a trolling douche?"

Tatsujin

<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

alexsduo

I wish Bonk had gotten him instead...
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

JoshTurboTrollX

I've personally stated thoughts on Facebook, but I can share here as well.

Of course something needed to get done.  Justice, I hope, was served.  For what he did, he deserved probably more pain... but this at least puts him away for good.  I now worry about what will be done in retaliation by this terrorist group.  No doubt someone will rise up and take his place.  I fear this may only get worse.  I also don't understand the celebrating of someones death.  Seeing the video and pictures of people singing and dancing with signs that say "He's finally DEAD!"  and "OSAMA is in Hell", only reminds me of the Palestinians singing and dancing in their streets when the Twin towers were destroyed...  just makes no sense.  Gang Warfare.  They kill our guy, they party.  We kill their guy, we party.  When does this end?

One thing I did feel good about, was the Philly's/ Mets game on Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN.  When word started spreading through the stands of the news of Osama's Death, the announcers and the teams just paused for a moment and 50,000 plus people just started chanting USA USA for a sold 10 minutes!  It was a really great moment that I choose to stick into my memory banks for the rest of my life.
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

turbogrfxfan

Yeah I don't agree w celebrating his death either. We didn't win anything we just upset a bee hive. All we did was close a chapter and got revenge. Its their turn now

SuperDeadite

I doubt Osama ever made plans.  More of a figure head, a face for the world to see. 
The real terrorist leaders don't show their faces.
Stronger Than Your Average Deadite

SignOfZeta

Finally I can go outside!

Rejoicing over someone's death is perverse, in this case even from a perspective of pure math. "The war on terror" has killed 500 times as many arabs as the Trade Center attacks killed Americans. Hell, more Americans have died (from road side bombs, friendly fire, suicide, etc) in the attempt to carry out this revenge killing than were killed in the Trade Center. You have to have a really fucked up sense of justice to think that makes any sense.
IMG

Senshi

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2011, 05:19 AMWait, so people still believe that theory about Islamic extremists conspiring to bring down the WTC towers?
I hope that's a joke.
PSN: Dynastic_Hero
Steam: Dynastic_Hero

Raizen1984

People that think it's inappropriate for American's to be celebrating this bastards death can go fuck themselves.

This is absolutely good news and it should be celebrated.

JoshTurboTrollX

then I guess I'm fucking myself.  We dance the night away in celebration of this.  Then later something terrible happens on US soil, and they dance the night away!

Woo, Street gang warfare mentality FTW!
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

Tatsujin

Quote from: Senshi on 05/02/2011, 11:50 AM
Quote from: guest on 05/02/2011, 05:19 AMWait, so people still believe that theory about Islamic extremists conspiring to bring down the WTC towers?
I hope that's a joke.
I dont think it's a joke really, because the WTCs never were brought down by the planes only.

Tatsujin

Quote from: Raizen1984 on 05/02/2011, 12:04 PMPeople that think it's inappropriate for American's to be celebrating this bastards death can go fuck themselves.

This is absolutely good news and it should be celebrated.
So why aren't you celebrating on the streets right now?

Raizen1984

Because I have a job. :)  Believe me, I was celebrating last night when I heard the news.

It's not a street gang warfare mentality.  It's being happy that an evil man who has killed many innocent Americans is now dead.

I can't believe I even need to explain this.  Would you have said the same thing when Hitler died if you were around then?

turbogrfxfan

Ha ha ha that bomb theory is crap!! Its siumply impossible for that not toi be detected. How could they have all those bombs go off in sequence with over a hundred stories in both buildings with people in those buildings 24 hours a day having to run tens of thousands of feet of wire connecting to each bomb plus some of the boimbs would of had to of been visibly mounted to columns. Give me a fuckin break. And who placed the bombs??

turbogrfxfan

Most of those floors are completely open I've done commercial audio video in both towers

NecroPhile

Quote from: Raizen1984 on 05/02/2011, 12:04 PMThis is absolutely good news and it should be celebrated.
Why?  He was but one twat among many; his death will change absolutely nothing.
Ultimate Forum Bully/Thief/Saboteur/Clone Warrior! BURN IN HELL NECROPHUCK!!!

Raizen1984

Granted.  I am still happy he is dead, and I find no fault in other people feeling the same way.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Raizen1984 on 05/02/2011, 12:31 PMI can't believe I even need to explain this.  Would you have said the same thing when Hitler died if you were around then?
I can see the death of Bin Laden as being Symbolic, but its true, they will just pop another leader in and continue their business.  Comparing the death of Hitler and Nazi's to the death of Bin Laden and Al Qaeda isn't quite accurate.  When Hitler died, we had nearly the entire Nazi army in our possession.  This is one member of a terrorist group that we have NO idea where the rest are, or how many their could be.

VestCunt

Quote from: Senshi on 05/02/2011, 11:50 AM
Quote from: VestCunt on 05/02/2011, 05:19 AMWait, so people still believe that theory about Islamic extremists conspiring to bring down the WTC towers?
I hope that's a joke.
Just a reminder that the official story is also a conspiracy theory.
Topic Adjourned.

turbogrfxfan

Yeah and these same lame fuckin assholes will say bin laden is still alive even though they did a dna test. You can say the sky is blue and they would say its not. Grow the fuck up.

turbogrfxfan

Hga ha yeah its a conspiracy theory that santa claus is real. Ye yea its true!!! Santa is real ut jesus got jealous cause santa was taking up the limelight so jesus banished him to the south pole for life cause santa was a bad boy!!!!!!  - find these theorys disrespetful to this country and to the people trhat dies and gave their lives. What happen and what they cvlaim is solidf proof. Wherte is there solid evidence in these theories?  That's wehy they are theories

guyjin

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 05/02/2011, 10:52 AMRejoicing over someone's death is perverse,
I suppose you're sad that Hitler is also dead?

NecroPhile

Bottom line: we spent ten years and billions of dollars for this 'win'.  Bravo.

Opethian

IMG

nat

Quote from: guest on 05/02/2011, 03:29 PMBottom line: we spent ten years and billions of dollars for this 'win'.  Bravo.
Maybe if we'd had Obama in office from the get-go instead of Bush it wouldn't have taken so long.

<ducks>

TheClash603

I am going on vacation this weekend, and now there is a "terror alert" for flights.  Although the odds of something happening are pretty slim, I don't like that this "victory" now has to put me on edge when I go on vacation.

The only good thing was a temporary drop in metal prices, so I could scoop up some more.  Hyperinflation, here we come.

Joe Redifer

Quote from: turbogrfxfanYeah and these same [swell folks] will say bin laden is still alive
Yup.  And that Obama's birth certificate is still fake.  That Elvis is still alive... same with Saddam.  And that we didn't land on the moon.  Everything is a conspiracy, NOTHING is the truth.  I have a friend like that and he is very entertaining to listen to.

blueraven

rag-time4

Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/02/2011, 03:06 PMYeah and these same lame fuckin assholes will say bin laden is still alive even though they did a dna test. You can say the sky is blue and they would say its not. Grow the fuck up.
They would also say that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, so we need to go in an kill him and all his children,at great cost to Iraqi civilians and it could turn out to be nothing but a lie.

Quote from: Raizen1984 on 05/02/2011, 12:31 PMBecause I have a job. :)  Believe me, I was celebrating last night when I heard the news.

It's not a street gang warfare mentality.  It's being happy that an evil man who has killed many innocent Americans is now dead.

I can't believe I even need to explain this.  Would you have said the same thing when Hitler died if you were around then?
Hitler was defeated, at the cost of 50 million dead. Was it really necessary to firebomb civilian targets in Germany and Japan, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people living under dictatorships? Was it necessary to drop atomic bombs on two Japanese cities, again killing hundreds of thousands?

Means to an end you may say, but I'm sure Hitler would say the same, so in the end what's the difference?

nectarsis

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/03/2011, 12:49 AM
Quote from: turbogrfxfan on 05/02/2011, 03:06 PMYeah and these same lame fuckin assholes will say bin laden is still alive even though they did a dna test. You can say the sky is blue and they would say its not. Grow the fuck up.
They would also say that Saddam Hussein had weapons of mass destruction, so we need to go in an kill him and all his children,at great cost to Iraqi civilians and it could turn out to be nothing but a lie.

Quote from: Raizen1984 on 05/02/2011, 12:31 PMBecause I have a job. :)  Believe me, I was celebrating last night when I heard the news.

Hitler was defeated, at the cost of 50 million dead. Was it really necessary to firebomb civilian targets in Germany and Japan, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people living under dictatorships? Was it necessary to drop atomic bombs on two Japanese cities, again killing hundreds of thousands?

Means to an end you may say, but I'm sure Hitler would say the same, so in the end what's the difference?
Let's not forget our "ally" Stalin that was responsible for more deaths than Hitler ;)

Have you ever read about both the civilian, and soldier death estimates of a mainland Japan invasion?  While the atomic bombs can be debated forever, a direct invasion would have been catastrophic on a MUCH higher bodycount.  War has def changed in the last 60+ years...many things  done in the past are no longer "acceptable/necessary."
My Blogger profile with all my blogs of wonderment:
blogger.com/profile/08066967226239965436

VestCunt

We have some different opinions and different views.  No big deal.  It's good to talk about these things.  I'm not un-patriotic and you're not brainwashed.  We both have logical reasons for believing what we do.  We all care about our troops.  We all like the Turbografx.

9/11 theories are hard to debate because they touch on our core beliefs about the integrity of our entire country.

Here's a little personal story that contributed to my current beliefs.  I like this one because it doesn't rely on statistics or the veracity of particular media sources:

My grandpa flew a B17 bomber over Germany in WWII.  On their maps was the location of a Ford automobile plant.  Everyone was certain that it had been retooled to manufacture German tanks, tanks that were killing our troops.  However, because Ford was a U.S.-based corporation, my grandpa and all of the other pilots were told to stay well away from that Ford plant.

The end.

Take what you want from this story.  For me, this story alone doesn't make me certain of anything, but it's one indication that there are private interests in our country who don't give two shits about me, you, or our troops, and that they've been able to exercise considerable influence for at least the last seventy years.
Topic Adjourned.

termis

Rather would've seen him captured alive.  I think the end result that way would've been better than satiating vengeance mentality.  That said, if he wasn't willing to surrender right away, I see no foul in sending him a bullet.  

Either way, I hope this brings some sense of closure to the families of 9/11 victims.

NecroPhile

Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/03/2011, 12:49 AMWas it really necessary to firebomb civilian targets in Germany and Japan, killing hundreds of thousands of innocent people living under dictatorships?
Innocent how?  In both cases, the women/children/elderly were the ones producing weapons and ammo and they'd attack allied troops when given half a chance.

JoshTurboTrollX

Ash

alexsduo

In the future war should be played with a TG and Military Madness.
Manuals needed: Airzonk
hu: MC, PCE: Zero Wing

Joe Redifer

Quote from: RagtimeWas it necessary to drop atomic bombs on two Japanese cities, again killing hundreds of thousands?
It's easy to sit back and ask questions like that these days when hindsight is 20/20.  But the fact of the matter is that the Japanese were warned of our atomic bomb.  After we dropped the first one, their pride would not allow them to surrender even though we told them to or face another a-bomb dropping.  After the 2nd, they finally gave in.

Yes, war is bad and I am not saying how great it is that people die.  But people do die in wars, lots of them.  It's what people do (go to war).  I'm at the point where I almost think it is kind of natural for man to war to keep the population in check.  Of course, I'm pulling that out of my ass, but we've gone to war ever since we were able to do so and I don't think it's a switch that can just be turned off cold turkey.

Look at teh drama that happens on this and many forums.  When a conflict occurs, it attracts a lot of people and "dealing" with said conflict you are involved in can be very hard to resist.

turbogrfxfan

rag-time4

Quote from: Joe Redifer on 05/03/2011, 05:45 PM
Quote from: RagtimeWas it necessary to drop atomic bombs on two Japanese cities, again killing hundreds of thousands?
It's easy to sit back and ask questions like that these days when hindsight is 20/20.  But the fact of the matter is that the Japanese were warned of our atomic bomb.  After we dropped the first one, their pride would not allow them to surrender even though we told them to or face another a-bomb dropping.  After the 2nd, they finally gave in.

Yes, war is bad and I am not saying how great it is that people die.  But people do die in wars, lots of them.  It's what people do (go to war).  I'm at the point where I almost think it is kind of natural for man to war to keep the population in check.  Of course, I'm pulling that out of my ass, but we've gone to war ever since we were able to do so and I don't think it's a switch that can just be turned off cold turkey.

Look at teh drama that happens on this and many forums.  When a conflict occurs, it attracts a lot of people and "dealing" with said conflict you are involved in can be very hard to resist.
I appreciate your comments on war, but the one thing I will retort with is this: I disagree with your lumping all of 'the Japanese' together rhetorically. The other fact of the matter is that the Japanese government at that time was a dictatorship, and the civilians targeted by the U.S. atomic bombs (and the U.S. firebombings) had nothing to do with the dicision making process.

Quote from: nectarsis on 05/03/2011, 12:56 AM
Quote from: rag-time4 on 05/03/2011, 12:49 AM

Let's not forget our "ally" Stalin that was responsible for more deaths than Hitler ;)

Have you ever read about both the civilian, and soldier death estimates of a mainland Japan invasion?  While the atomic bombs can be debated forever, a direct invasion would have been catastrophic on a MUCH higher bodycount.  War has def changed in the last 60+ years...many things  done in the past are no longer "acceptable/necessary."
To be honest Nec, no, I don't think I have ever read anything on death estimates of a mainland Japan invasion. I can, however, tell you that in the upper division U.S. history course I took on the period, an entire lecture and discussion day was dedicated to the debate about the atomic bombing, so I'm well aware of the argument.

Have you ever read anything on the Hague conventions, which were international treaties governing the laws of war through World War II, which were used as the legal basis for the war crimes trials of captured Nazi leaders? In 1963, a Japanese court ruled that the atomic bombings in Japan were violations of international law at the time they took place.

My point with all of this is that vilifying people like Hitler and Osama Bin Laden while at the same time giving war profiteers based in the U.S. and her allies a free pass is extremely hypocritical. I think that celebrating the death of Osama Bin Laden, when it's common knowledge that he was actually propped up by U.S. support in the first place, is unwise at best, because it reflects a lack of wisdom concerning the real movers and shakers that are behind military actions around the world.

The left-leaning regime in Afghanistan that Osama Bin Laden was so violently opposed to seemed like it was doing some very positive things, particularly with regards to the role of women in society, education, etc. None of that matters, however, because they were going to give the Soviet Union more access to their strategic territory and natural resources, leaving our big mega corporations out of the loop. Therefore, supporting Osama Bin Laden was in line with "U.S. strategic interests," which to me, is merely propaganda speak for "The interests of the rich and mega-rich in the U.S."

Quote from: termis on 05/03/2011, 09:10 AMRather would've seen him captured alive.  I think the end result that way would've been better than satiating vengeance mentality.  That said, if he wasn't willing to surrender right away, I see no foul in sending him a bullet. 

Either way, I hope this brings some sense of closure to the families of 9/11 victims.
The Nazis killed millions of people, yet when possible, their leaders were captured and put on trial. I think a trial of Osama Bin Laden would have been very productive, particularly because it may have led to more transparency with regard to 9/11. I think that if in fact Osama Bin Laden was guilty of masterminding 9/11, and convicted, it would be beneficial to the U.S.' image abroad.

Arkhan Asylum

Well I heard Bin Ladle was reaching for his gat, so they capped him.

Its a thugs life, niggas.
This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

rag-time4

Quote from: guest on 05/08/2011, 04:46 PMWell I heard Bin Ladle was reaching for his gat, so they capped him.

Its a thugs life, niggas.
That was what President Obama said at first, but new reports are saying that Osama Bin Laden was unarmed