Wind Waker Wii U Remake - pretty huge pics

Started by Nando, 01/25/2013, 01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartre

Arkhan Asylum

This "max-level forum psycho" (:lol:) destroyed TWO PC Engine groups in rage: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook "Because Chris 'Shadowland' Runyon!," then the other by Aaron Nanto "Because Le NightWolve!" Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together... Both times he blamed the Aarons in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

SignOfZeta

I really really really like Wind Waker. It's my favorite Zelda (although Link's Awakening is a very close second).

That being said, I'm not sure I care about this. Those brown gritty Zelda games like Twitight Princess seem like they would benifit so much more from an HD remake than Wind Waker, which is already very bright and has such basic shapes and stuff.
IMG

PukeSter

Didn't people want a Majora's Mask remake, not a Wind Waker remake?

MotherGunner

-MG

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM (If you want peace, Prepare for war)
SI VIS BELLUM, PARA MATRIMONIUM (If you want war, Prepare for marriage)

Bernie

Hell.  I'll take it!  I loved Windwaker

bartre

Quote from: guest on 01/25/2013, 03:36 PMDidn't people want a Majora's Mask remake, not a Wind Waker remake?
I know I certainly did.

MM = best zelda.

jlued686

I'd love a Majora's Mask remake on 3DS, similar to the Ocarina one.

I'm not sure that this needs an HD remake as it still looks so fucking good. But I'll take it. One of my favorite games ever.

Bernie

TheClash603

Wind Waker is my second favorite Zelda game, after the original...  and I acknowledge the original is my favorite mainly due to nostalgia and gameplay-wise Wind Waker is the best game in the series.

With that said, I don't know how much of a need there is for this game?  The GC still looks great, and there are older games in the series that would benefit more from an update.  Worst of all, I will HAVE to buy it, so this is a cruel way to take my money.

It seems that Nintendo wants to add stuff to this game.  If they add a few dungeons or something of merit, then I will be happy.  Ocarina of Time 3DS was basically a straight up port, so I hope they do better than that.

SignOfZeta

A lot of people will buy it just because they want it on a system with an HDMI port, sad but true.

Still looks fucking incredible on GameCube, IMO. A new version would have "more" but I don't want more. One of the many things I love about this game is that it never goes into "too much" territory. It never bores me. It's not 70 hours long with a billion stupid things to collect, or items to fuse, or weapons to grind, or any of that crap. It's just awesome for the extent that its awesome and then it gets out of the way. Its not a collection of shit you have to do, its stuff you WANT to do. Even the stealth mission is astonishingly tolerable for a stealth mission (and I HATE stealth shit).
IMG

roflmao

Interesting.  I loved OoT, passed over Majora's Mask, and have tried a couple of times to get into Wind Waker, but never got very far.  You guys are making me want to give it another chance (I've always held onto it thinking I'd give it another shot).

Joe Redifer

Why are the graphics still 4:3?

EDIT: Nevermind, missed the horizontal scroll bar.

Quote from: ZetaIts not a collection of shit you have to do, its stuff you WANT to do.
You want to sail excessively ?

SignOfZeta

I love the sailing. I never understood why I'm the only person that does.

But then, I fucking hate tOoT. Its a shit brown field I'm constantly getting lost in. Riding a blurry horse around in blurry circles trying to find that blurry town I've already been to three times but for some reason can't locate anymore...most people love that game.

I guess Zelda is many things to many people.

Regardless, I never found the sailing "excessive". You just look at the map, point the boat that direction, and it goes straight there. You don't even have to hold the controller. I suppose the grind lovers will spend all day fishing for...whatever is in the ocean, and driving themselves crazy. I wasn't compelled to do this so those people only hurt themselves, IMO.
IMG

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

SMF

Day 1 pick up for me. Wonder if they will release a special edition version. Windwaker was awesome lots of fun loved seeing what was under the sea.....will not give away a HUGE Spoiler.
Welcome to Prime Time B!tch

_Paul

Does Nintendo actually make any new games any more?

Tatsujin

www.pcedaisakusen.net - home of your individual PC Engine collection!!
PCE Games countdown: 690/737 (47 to go or 93.6% clear)
PCE Shmups countdown: 111/111 (all clear!!)
Sega does what Nintendon't, but only NEC does better than both together!^^
<Senshi> Tat's i'm going to contact the people of Hard Off and open a store stateside..

PukeSter

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2013, 06:09 AMDoes Nintendo actually make any new games any more?
Hmmm, sometimes new games, sometimes essentially improved rom-hacks.

futureman2000

I'll probably buy this becuase I never won it (watched a buddy play through the entire thing, though), but the updated graphics don't really look any better to me.

jlued686

Zeta, I love the sailing too. Fuck the haters!

_Paul

Quote from: guest on 01/26/2013, 12:14 PMZeta, I love the sailing too. Fuck the haters!
I have to say that I really enjoyed the sailing (and the treasure hunting in each sector). Don't know why, it was just fun.

Bernie

DragonmasterDan

I also enjoyed the sailing, there was a great deal of fun to have exploring the huge sea. Finding pirate ships, small islands. I found the adventuring and trial and error of finding new places far more fun than a more linear game.
--DragonmasterDan

jeffhlewis

Quote from: SignOfZeta on 01/26/2013, 12:59 AMBut then, I fucking hate tOoT. Its a shit brown field I'm constantly getting lost in. Riding a blurry horse around in blurry circles trying to find that blurry town I've already been to three times but for some reason can't locate anymore...most people love that game.

I guess Zelda is many things to many people.
Thank god - I thought I was the only person on earth who thought Ocarina of Time was dull as hell. I bought the gold copy on day one of release and couldn't even bring myself to get halfway through the game before giving up on it. And that was when I was like 15 no less when I had infinite amounts of free time.

I'm not saying it's a terrible game, but it just seems like people have rose colored glasses when it comes to it (a la FF7)

Bernie

FF7 was a terrible game...  ugh..  I couldnt stand it.  I was sooo much happier when they went back to the roots with IX.  :)  Lots of people loved VII however...  I am also one of the peeps that loved Ocarina, its one of my favorite games of all time.