Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR0N

Quote from: Bernie on 11/13/2015, 04:09 PMHey guys and gals.  I have made my weekly trip to the PO, and dropped off a ton of shipments.  So, if you are one of the ones that have your PayPal transaction showing shipped, you can track it now. 

Everyone else that has sent monies, I will get yall out the door next.  I have a nice big tub that USPS is letting me use, so as I print and package, I throw em in that..Then I smash them up a little...  :) 

I do have a lot of folks that PM me back asking if I got the payment, or other questions.  Try to keep those at a minimum if you would.  Rest assured, if your payment went to "Lindell Gaming", then I got it.  If you knew what my PM box looked like these past several days, you would understand.  :)  Just keep an eye on your PayPal, and here.  Once I ship again, I will update here for everyone. 

I hope everyone is enjoying these, as we did a little work to get all this together.  I wont call out the team by name, but if they wanna speak up they can.  If it wasn't for each of them, this wouldn't be happening.  I'd like to personally thank each and every one of them for their part. 

Also, DO NOT forget, braap is currently offering his manual and inserts for these games.  I have a set, and they look magnificent!  Don't let the cost of shipping deter you.  There is always the option to just have the manual/insert mailed, and you provide your own case.  That would cut some of the shipping cost.
Nice i seen in the thread that braap offer those.When i do get the games i'll have to contact him about those.
IMG
PSN:MrNeoGeo
Wii U:Progearspec

Bernie

Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/13/2015, 08:48 PMBraap, would you mind posting samples and some prices of your inserts?  Do they include like a front cover to replace where the manual would go?  Also, do you have the next 4 games Bernie mentioned available as well?  I'm sure some of us would just get all of them in one go.
He has that stuff posted towards the front of this thread.  Also, his are full manuals, and rear inserts.

retro junkie

I want one of these games. I just don't know how to go about getting one. I have already sent a PM but have gotten no response.

IvanBeavkov

Bernie

Quote from: retro junkie on 11/14/2015, 07:51 AMI want one of these games. I just don't know how to go about getting one. I have already sent a PM but have gotten no response.
Who did you PM?  I never got anything.

seieienbu

Got some reproduction cases from Braap in the mail.  That's some nice looking work and I highly recommend it to anyone who likes cases that look like the rest of their collection. 

Thanks, Braap.  Looking forward to your services again when the second batch comes out.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

johnnykonami

Quote from: Bernie on 11/14/2015, 05:06 AM
Quote from: johnnykonami on 11/13/2015, 08:48 PMBraap, would you mind posting samples and some prices of your inserts?  Do they include like a front cover to replace where the manual would go?  Also, do you have the next 4 games Bernie mentioned available as well?  I'm sure some of us would just get all of them in one go.
He has that stuff posted towards the front of this thread.  Also, his are full manuals, and rear inserts.
Ah, that's my bad, this thread has taken off so it's been a while since I visited the first couple pages.  Thanks!

schweaty

this might have already been mentioned, but what i like most about the M&M3 and BS pressed disks is that if you have an original with the case, there is a spot to put your pressed "gamer's" version.

SplatterTrigger

slinkyturd

Sample of Bernie's PM:

"Werz ma gamez, bernie!! I pays you and gots nothins in tha male. Send ma stuffs or else."
70/95 US Turbochips

retro junkie

Quote from: Bernie on 11/14/2015, 01:13 PM
Quote from: retro junkie on 11/14/2015, 07:51 AMI want one of these games. I just don't know how to go about getting one. I have already sent a PM but have gotten no response.
Who did you PM?  I never got anything.
I guess I sent a PM to the original poster of this thread.

Gentlegamer

Bernie has a filter that blocks members with less than 200 posts.
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

JoshTurboTrollX

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/14/2015, 08:27 PMBernie has a filter that blocks members with less than 200 posts.
Wouldn't that be awesome!!??!?  LOL-

Less than 200 posts, back of the line.  PM the wrong person, 100 pushups!!  ugh....
Jossshhhhh...Legendary TurboTrollX-16: He revenge-bans PCE Developers/Ys IV Localizers from PCE Facebook groups and destroyed 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Josh and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner (extortion!), never himself nor his deranged, destructive, toxic turbo troll gang!

BlueBMW

I tried to forward any errant PMs I received.  I may have missed a few.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

ShaneRC51

I sent Bernie a PM.  I suppose he'll get back to me with info on where to send a payment?  I'm in for all 3 games, and whatever else may be coming down the pipe.  My CD collection is sorely lacking...

kosko99

Quote from: BlueBMW on 11/15/2015, 12:05 AMI tried to forward any errant PMs I received.  I may have missed a few.
That happened to me, and you answered super fast <3  :mrgreen:

Mathius

Quote from: Bernie on 11/13/2015, 04:09 PMI hope everyone is enjoying these, as we did a little work to get all this together.  I wont call out the team by name, but if they wanna speak up they can.  If it wasn't for each of them, this wouldn't be happening.  I'd like to personally thank each and every one of them for their part. 
This is a dream come true for me. I was fortunate enough to acquire a nice library of Turbo/PCE games before this new age of overpriced games caused by greedy resellers and equally vicious and/or impatient buyers. That leaves those just joining us in a bad situation who just want a real hardware experience. All I wanted to do is help level the playing field a bit and give gamers the chance to play these games without breaking the bank. Thanks Bernie for bringing me on board and allowing me to help.

wilykat

Still waiting on reply to PM I sent.

Hope I didn't miss out this!  ](*,)

o.pwuaioc

Quote from: wilykat on 11/15/2015, 08:57 PMStill waiting on reply to PM I sent.

Pretty sure he said anyone who wants one will get one. I didn't receive a reply after I paid, but I trust Bernie'll take care of it.

Mathius

Trust me you'll be taken care of. :)

TR0N

Quote from: Mathius on 11/16/2015, 12:07 AM

Waiting on my shipment still i just payed for two games.
IMG

GoldenWheels

Bernie

Quote from: TR0N on 11/16/2015, 02:41 AM

I ship once a week, so depending on what batch I processed first will depend on when I ship/shipped yours.  :)

stinkoman

I think this is great.I hope one day the possibility of seeing more translated games getting pressed, that otherwise normally wouldn't get a chance to play.

CrackTiger

Quote from: stinkoman on 11/16/2015, 08:37 AMI think this is great.I hope one day the possibility of seeing more translated games getting pressed, that otherwise normally wouldn't get a chance to play.
These repros are why we're going to have fewer translations done going forward.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

ginoscope

Quote from: guest on 11/16/2015, 11:35 AM
Quote from: stinkoman on 11/16/2015, 08:37 AMI think this is great.I hope one day the possibility of seeing more translated games getting pressed, that otherwise normally wouldn't get a chance to play.
These repros are why we're going to have fewer translations done going forward.
Is it because people trying to profit from the translations?  Would be a shame not seeing more translations going forward.  I can understand being mad if people are profiting from your hard work.

stinkoman

"These repros are why we're going to have fewer translations done going forward"

I'm not sure I follow fully. I assume it is because people are not getting compensation or credit for their hard work to translate a game and somebody making a killer profit off everybody else's work? I assume that is what you are aiming at and I get that. I see it all the time with Mother 3 translations. 

I'm not agreeing with anybody taking somebodys work that was given to the public for free, and then cashing in and not even give credit. I get that most people that did those translations are a member of this site and probably been burned on it and not want it to happen again or keep doing something that might be kept being used despite not giving there persmission to do so. But since nobody was making a profit really off these I figure it might be a different circumstance.

stinkoman

I retract any mentioning of translations. I've been reading old threads and I didn't realize how much damage has been caused by some of these translations being profited off of clear wishes from the translators not to be released. I don't want this to off topic so just ignore me.

BlueBMW

I think in part we are hoping to mitigate some of the damage done by the sales of translations.  By offering them at near zero cost it allows the translation work to get into more hands to be played.  It might have been better had the translations never been pressed but since they were we are trying take the best of the situation.
[Sun 23:29] <Tatsujin> we have hard off, book off, house off, sports off, baby off, clothes off, jerk off, piss off etc

CrackTiger

Quote from: stinkoman on 11/16/2015, 12:18 PM"These repros are why we're going to have fewer translations done going forward"

I'm not sure I follow fully. I assume it is because people are not getting compensation or credit for their hard work to translate a game and somebody making a killer profit off everybody else's work? I assume that is what you are aiming at and I get that. I see it all the time with Mother 3 translations. 

I'm not agreeing with anybody taking somebodys work that was given to the public for free, and then cashing in and not even give credit. I get that most people that did those translations are a member of this site and probably been burned on it and not want it to happen again or keep doing something that might be kept being used despite not giving there persmission to do so. But since nobody was making a profit really off these I figure it might be a different circumstance.
Just as people choose not to look into Tobias/Fudoh/PCEWorks/PCEngine20thAnniversary/animeforever/HudsonSoftofJapan, they also don't bother to do the most basic research into the origin of these translations. If PCEWorks says their team of fans did everything, then that all you need to know.

The person who organized the Drac X translation and Ys IV dub (which Tobias has already admitted to pressing) said for years that he would be done with PCE projects if anyone ever pressed discs of anything he worked on. Even if it was a community pressing sold at a loss or just given out for free.

It's all fine and well to speculate what he may or may not have done next otherwise, but at the very least a series of dubs would have been likely. Other hackers and misc dev scene people have also expressed that they are second guessing various projects because of Tobias' actions.

One particular slap in the face was Tobias' claim that he'd be lucky to afford to offer Nightwolve as much as $1 per set. But that if he accepted, then he'd officially be part of the "team" and it would likely have been advertised more specifically than the current bs description.

The damage is already done and if most of these loose discs make it into the hands of players, then hopefully far fewer will be flipped for profit. But it's definitely having the opposite effect of encouraging fan translations. It's not about what you or I theoretically think how fan translators might feel, it's what they've already expressed.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Ozzy_98

Quote from: guest on 11/16/2015, 02:19 PM
Quote from: stinkoman on 11/16/2015, 12:18 PM"These repros are why we're going to have fewer translations done going forward"

Just as people choose not to look into Tobias/Fudoh/PCEWorks/PCEngine20thAnniversary/animeforever/HudsonSoftofJapan, they also don't bother to do the most basic research into the origin of these translations. If PCEWorks says their team of fans did everything, then that all you need to know.

The person who organized the Drac X translation and Ys IV dub (which Tobias has already admitted to pressing) said for years that he would be done with PCE projects if anyone ever pressed discs of anything he worked on. Even if it was a community pressing sold at a loss or just given out for free.

It's all fine and well to speculate what he may or may not have done next otherwise, but at the very least a series of dubs would have been likely. Other hackers and misc dev scene people have also expressed that they are second guessing various projects because of Tobias' actions.

One particular slap in the face was Tobias' claim that he'd be lucky to afford to offer Nightwolve as much as $1 per set. But that if he accepted, then he'd officially be part of the "team" and it would likely have been advertised more specifically than the current bs description.

The damage is already done and if most of these loose discs make it into the hands of players, then hopefully far fewer will be flipped for profit. But it's definitely having the opposite effect of encouraging fan translations. It's not about what you or I theoretically think how fan translators might feel, it's what they've already expressed.
Another thing is people who make translations or hacks without the IP holders permission normally want to stay low, and not draw too much attention to themselves incase the owner of the IP decides to send a C&D or to try to make an example out of them.

Then again I'm sure nightwolve can name one exception to the list of translators who liked to stay out of the spotlight.

There's also the whole "Seeing your work ripped from your control" that sucks ass. I have some old demos on PC-Engine, and back when Cowering was still starting out, they were marked as PD, Public Domain, when I can assure you I did not release them as public domain.  I didn't press too much though since I was using stolen artwork as place holders at the time.

Bernie

Keep an eye on yalls email.  I am doing some shipping tonight via PayPal.  :)

ToyMachine78

CatPix

martinine

Quote from: Bernie on 11/16/2015, 04:55 PMKeep an eye on yalls email.  I am doing some shipping tonight via PayPal.  :)
Received the shipment notification! Perfect timing because the Tennkoe Bank I ordered was marked shipped today as well!

As far as the translation problems, I think it's a problem with the state of the industry. Imagine if whoever holds the rights to sell said game contacted the translator, gave them a nice deal, and then released the game. Everyone who owns a Turbo machine would buy the game. I can't believe it doesn't actually happen.  I hate that translators are essentially screwed here, but what's the actual option? It's technically illegal to do the patching and play on an emulator too. It is awful that anyone has profited from the *stolen* labor of another.

I'm glad that, as a community, you guys are trying to mitigate some of the damages while still getting games into the hands of real gamers.

Thanks.
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

retro junkie

Bernie

Hey guys, I am STILL having people gift the payment, after I have asked everyone not to....and included it in my PM to everyone.  I am not sure if it is something that is happening by accident or what, but please make sure it is NOT gifted.  I am using PayPal to print and ship, so it is just easier for everyone.  Plus, after I have created your label, you can track it right from there. 

I have refunded a few of you today, and included a note as to why.  Just resubmit without gifting.  I believe it is actually named something different now, "friends and family" I think it is?  Anyway, just be sure that you are sending funds, "for goods purchased" and not "friends and family".  That may be where the mix up is coming from.   :wink:

shawnji

Quote from: Bernie on 11/16/2015, 04:55 PMKeep an eye on yalls email.  I am doing some shipping tonight via PayPal.  :)
Thanks Bernie!  I had a rough day at work today, and I was really glad to see the notification a minute ago!  It picked me right up! :D

Keith Courage

Quote from: guest on 11/16/2015, 11:35 AMThese repros are why we're going to have fewer translations done going forward.
But why? This is like a musician or movie producer saying that they will no longer record music or make any movies just because someone might download the song/movie and sell a disc of it. This happens all the time. Especially with odd or rare releases. Not saying it's right. It just happens.

Not sure if this is doable but maybe make a boot up screen for any future translations that states the translation should be free? I don't know.

Maybe someone from here could work with future translators to make discs for them. Thus keeping the market from wanting tobias copies? Just a thought.

geise

Bernie. I hate all this Tobias shit being given out and you already know that, but you are a god among men to jump and and deal with this shit.  This would've been me a couple weeks ago.

IMG

My hat is off to you.

Mathius

Quote from: geise on 11/16/2015, 09:03 PMBernie. I hate all this Tobias shit being given out and you already know that, but you are a god among men to jump and and deal with this shit.  This would've been me a couple weeks ago.
 IMG
My hat is off to you.
Haha! Well put.

slinkyturd

Quote from: Keith Courage on 11/16/2015, 09:00 PM
Quote from: guest on 11/16/2015, 11:35 AMThese repros are why we're going to have fewer translations done going forward.
But why? This is like a musician or movie producer saying that they will no longer record music or make any movies just because someone might download the song/movie and sell a disc of it. This happens all the time. Especially with odd or rare releases. Not saying it's right. It just happens.

Not sure if this is doable but maybe make a boot up screen for any future translations that states the translation should be free? I don't know.

Maybe someone from here could work with future translators to make discs for them. Thus keeping the market from wanting tobias copies? Just a thought.
I don't fully understand it either. To boil down the whole situation, we have a company, for instance HudsonSoft, who makes a game and owns the rights to it. They sell their game and make their money. Then we have a person who modifies that game so people can enjoy it in a region it wasn't originally enjoyed in, but gets pissy when someone markets that work. As I see it there are two problems here. First, If the goal is to help people enjoy games they originally couldn't, why not embrace the marketing that is sure to follow? People will get the enjoyment that was intended. And second, taking the position that their work is stolen and misused is ignoring that they have already done that to the IP of, in this example: HudsonSoft, to begin with. It makes them not just a hypocritic but ones of the whiney variety. If they genuinely don't enjoy their work (which is stolen to begin with) to be stolen and sold, then they should take the effort to create the pressed discs and undercut the cost of the one they view as a thief. Forcing them out of the market. To not do that brings us back to my first issue above -live and let live.
70/95 US Turbochips

Gredler

I will boil 3 CDRs thanks to this email, endlessly appreciated sir!

TR0N

Quote from: Bernie on 11/16/2015, 08:21 AM
Quote from: TR0N on 11/16/2015, 02:41 AM

I ship once a week, so depending on what batch I processed first will depend on when I ship/shipped yours.  :)

Sent from my iPhone using your mama
I got the e-mail from paypal stating so thanks again.
IMG

kosko99

pdiggitydogg

SamIAm

Quote from: slinkyturd on 11/16/2015, 11:25 PM

I don't fully understand it either. To boil down the whole situation, we have a company, for instance HudsonSoft, who makes a game and owns the rights to it. They sell their game and make their money. Then we have a person who modifies that game so people can enjoy it in a region it wasn't originally enjoyed in, but gets pissy when someone markets that work. As I see it there are two problems here. First, If the goal is to help people enjoy games they originally couldn't, why not embrace the marketing that is sure to follow? People will get the enjoyment that was intended. And second, taking the position that their work is stolen and misused is ignoring that they have already done that to the IP of, in this example: HudsonSoft, to begin with. It makes them not just a hypocritic but ones of the whiney variety. If they genuinely don't enjoy their work (which is stolen to begin with) to be stolen and sold, then they should take the effort to create the pressed discs and undercut the cost of the one they view as a thief. Forcing them out of the market. To not do that brings us back to my first issue above -live and let live.
Above all the other crap I could mention, the involvement of money greatly increases the probability of original IP holders coming in to shut down our projects and threaten the entire fan translation scene. There's a big difference between us offering unauthorized translation patches for free in the name of sharing and someone making unauthorized repros in the name of profit. I do not want to be associated with the latter kind of operation in any way.

Keith Courage

QuoteAbove all the other crap I could mention, the involvement of money greatly increases the probability of original IP holders coming in to shut down our projects and threaten the entire fan translation scene. There's a big difference between us offering unauthorized translation patches for free in the name of sharing and someone making unauthorized repros in the name of profit. I do not want to be associated with the latter kind of operation in any way.
Oh, this is a good point. Never thought about that one.

CrackTiger

QuoteThese repros are why we're going to have fewer translations done going forward.

Because translation team members are real people with individual opinions and some have their own reasons why and won't change their mind.

The reason why bootlegs of translations are made against the translation team's wishes and the reason there is a market for them is the same. Buyers and sellers both think the same thing: "I want what I want, therefore the translators should feel the same way (about me getting whatever I want)".

Again, this isn't a debate about what the reactions of some could be and/or the potential fallout. It's already happened and is happening. One part that many people can't seem to wrap their head around about some translation team members not being swayed is: Both with PCE translations and translated games in general, no matter how strongly anyone communicates their wishes for physical copies to not be produced or sold, people are doing it anyway and for the worst reasons.

Just the same, we'll soon see a lot of these loose copies being flipped on eBay. Hopefully way less than if they'd trickled out slowly from Tobias to customers. But just wait until these titles are all officially "sold out". Just like the raffles, look at how many low post count members are appearing out of nowhere who care so little that they can't follow such simple rules as who to contact and how to pay. How likely are all of them to follow the "don't sell them" rule, which they likely glossed over in the first place? Especially considering how a strong majority of "retro" fans get their enjoyment from games (bragging about hauls, deals, investments, etc).

grendelrt

Got my shipment email, thanks Bernie!