Turbob Xpress: Bringing affordable "gamer's" games to the community! Nearly Gone

Started by BlueBMW, 10/29/2015, 10:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Groover

Thank You Bernie and Team. I just got them. This weekend is looking good. I'm excited as well for the next batch.
IMG
IMG

EmperorIng

Only chiming in to say the discs arrived. My gratitude goes out to all involved in the project.

retro junkie

Got my Dracula X disc today. Looks like I will be Turbo Duoling this weekend.

martinine

Hi all. My stuff came in yesterday. I got home late, so I was only able to put the discs in for a quick spin. To my GREAT satisfaction, they all boot quickly and quietly and played like champs. Can't wait to go nuts on them this weekend.

Thanks so Much Bernie, Bluebeamer, Nightwolve (I think you have a hand in this...)and anyone else involved.

I can't wait to see what else is coming!

Happy gaming this weekend and next!
Keith Courage is #1. Alpha Zone inhabitant for life. Thanks to this forum for rejuvenating and continuing my interest in all things Obey.

Mathius

I am running a contest just for forum members with loosie Dracula X booties. Go here to see details on how to win a ready made case with inserts.

https://www.pcengine-fx.com/forums/index.php?topic=20147.new;topicseen#new

wyndcrosser

Question, why are the inserts for "super cd" and not black like other US releases? Just curious.

Mathius

Quote from: wyndcrosser on 11/20/2015, 09:11 PMQuestion, why are the inserts for "super cd" and not black like other US releases? Just curious.
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

Marto_Jo-ing

Thanks again for the games Bernie and Team, I sent you a $20 donation. 3 great games I've never played before. Beyond Shadowgate is classic. I love the gameplay and graphics.Thanks again!!!

shawnji

/20151120_215108.jpg

Well... umm... first day and all, but...

Yeah, I love this game. :P

Mathius

MNKyDeth

shawnji

Quote from: Mathius on 11/21/2015, 12:05 AMShawnji, make sure to post in the contest thread to make it official.
I already purchased a set of cases from braap, actually.  I just wanted to brag a little...    :lol: :oops:

Bernie

Ok peeps.  This batch is officially being closed.  If you PMd me and did not hear back, it is because we are basically out.  Soon as we get the next batch in, BlueBMW will update the thread.  Hope everyone enjoys their games, and apologies to those that missed out.  Wish I had enough to keep going, but we just dont.

waynedoodle

For those that missed out, are there any alternare sites that offer these games?
I think it was outstanding to see a few dedicated fans offer something neat to the community.  Kudos from me for that.

WD

Bernie

Good news is...I am currently holding the next batch in my hands..  All 30 plus pounds of it....  Updates soon.

Sent from my iPhone using your mama

Bernie

Good news is...I am currently holding the next batch in my hands..  All 30 plus pounds of it....  Updates soon.

stinkoman

That's awesome! I got mine in yesterday and very happy! Do you want us to go ahead and PM you about the next batch now or wait?

Bernie

Wait, as they will be handled differently.

synbiosfan

You're not going to rub each disc all over yourself again?

Gentlegamer

IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

mickcris

Bernie

Jason_dicarlo85

I def want a set that Bernie has rubbed himself all over

seieienbu

Quote from: Bernie on 11/21/2015, 03:48 PM
Quote from: synbiosfan on 11/21/2015, 11:27 AMYou're not going to rub each disc all over yourself again?
Yes!
Good.  If my disks weren't individually loved by Bernie then I wouldn't want any part in this.
Current want list:  Bomberman 93

retro junkie

Quote from: seieienbu on 11/21/2015, 04:30 PM
Quote from: synbiosfan on 11/21/2015, 11:27 AMYou're not going to rub each disc all over yourself again?
Yes!
Good.  If my disks weren't individually loved by Bernie then I wouldn't want any part in this.
walagata com/w/redmoon/giphy.gif

wyndcrosser

I've done a ultra spectral analysis of my discs and they shoe no signs of being "loved" by Bernie, does that make mine more rare ;-p

schweaty

i dont suppose tobias had any of the original PCE Memories discs laying around as well.  i've had a semi for that sylphia pressed disc for a while now

MNKyDeth

I was actually thinking a similar thing about all the other reproduction stuff that is out there.

Would it be viable to start a thread that could get stickied that has pictures of every known repro that is out there? With descriptions of what is different.

That way there is a resource people can go to so they know what a fake looks like. And, by comparing to the originals people can see or point out exactly the difference if someone makes a near perfect copy of something.

Just thought I would ask, I know it's a bit off topic here but seems appropriate.

Mathius

Quote from: MNKyDeth on 11/22/2015, 01:30 AMI was actually thinking a similar thing about all the other reproduction stuff that is out there.

Would it be viable to start a thread that could get stickied that has pictures of every known repro that is out there? With descriptions of what is different.

That way there is a resource people can go to so they know what a fake looks like. And, by comparing to the originals people can see or point out exactly the difference if someone makes a near perfect copy of something.

Just thought I would ask, I know it's a bit off topic here but seems appropriate.
As for these latest repros by Tobias under the PCE WORKS brand the discs and inserts were designed in a way to be completely different from the real thing. Not only is the artwork different but "PCE WORKS" is stamped on each disc and insert. Pretty simple.

The only exception is Sapphire and you can find a detailed writeup on how to differentiate it from the ridiculously priced original by visiting CrackTiger's site at superpcenginegrafx.net

MNKyDeth

blueraven

Received the disks on Wednesday, Thanks again Bernie!

Fantastic!

slinkyturd

Yes!

I got a bonus couple of pubes in my white sleeves. YAY!
70/95 US Turbochips

Bernie

Ok, there will be an update TODAY with pics for the next batch.  Hope everyone is pleased with what they have gotten thus far.  :)  As one of my favorite YouTube personalities would say... "Game THE FUCK on!".

Scillianaire

Played beyond shadowgate all night with some homies last night! Needless to say I am very happy with them! Thanks guys!

retro junkie

Blown away playing Dracula X on my Duo. Freakin awesome!

Gentlegamer

I was just looking at the Beyond Shadowgate bootie and laughed at the copyright info on the disc.

It's telling me I don't have enough free memory to save my game, how do I manage a Duo-R's memory?
IMG
Quote from: VenomMacbeth on 10/25/2015, 02:35 PMGentle with games, rough with collectards.  Riders gon riiiiide.

Bernie

Press select at the Super System screen.  That takes you where you can delete files or format the entire backup.

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Bernie on 11/22/2015, 07:28 PMPress select at the Super System screen.  That takes you where you can delete files or format the entire backup.

No result. :(
IMG

Bernie

Try formatting it totally.

turboswimbz

Quote from: Bernie on 11/22/2015, 10:00 AMOk, there will be an update TODAY with pics for the next batch.  Hope everyone is pleased with what they have gotten thus far.  :)  As one of my favorite YouTube personalities would say... "Game THE FUCK on!".
Yya
NW: Hey, I made it on this psycho's Enemies' List, how about that ?? ;)
BT: Look at how the fake SFII' carts instantly sold out and were immediately listed on eBay before the flippers even took possession. Look at Nintendo's overpriced bricks. Look at the typical forum discussions elsewhere. You can't tell most retro gamers anything!

Gentlegamer

Quote from: Bernie on 11/22/2015, 07:32 PMTry formatting it totally.

But I'll lose my Rondo and Cratermaze saves. :(

How do I format?
IMG

greedostick

Last I looked last year, this seemed like an impossible doing. I appreciate this project, especially the nice printed translations.
IMG

CrackTiger

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/22/2015, 07:30 PM
Quote from: Bernie on 11/22/2015, 07:28 PMPress select at the Super System screen.  That takes you where you can delete files or format the entire backup.

No result. :(
Try again, yours would be the first time we've ever heard of it not working. If you can't access the menu, try a different controller.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

Gentlegamer

I reset and it worked, I got to the menu in moon runes and was able to delete some saves.

Is there a translation for the PCE menus? I just selected the first runes and then "YES" on save games to delete, but I'd like to know what the rest means so I don't accidentally format it all.
IMG

Bernie

1st is delete
2nd is format
3rd is exit

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/22/2015, 07:53 PMI reset and it worked, I got to the menu in moon runes and was able to delete some saves.

Is there a translation for the PCE menus? I just selected the first runes and then "YES" on save games to delete, but I'd like to know what the rest means so I don't accidentally format it all.
If you boot up the normal TurboGrafx system card and press select it will be in English. <3
IMG

Gentlegamer

Quote from: HailingTheThings on 11/22/2015, 09:04 PM
Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/22/2015, 07:53 PMI reset and it worked, I got to the menu in moon runes and was able to delete some saves.

If you boot up the normal TurboGrafx system card and press select it will be in English. <3
The one that costs $$$?

I think Bernie cleared it up for me. :)
IMG

elmer

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/22/2015, 09:28 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 11/22/2015, 09:04 PMIf you boot up the normal TurboGrafx system card and press select it will be in English. <3
The one that costs $$$?
I need more people to test the US Super System Card image running in the TED2 ... just saying!  :-k

CrackTiger

You can run the rom of any of the system cards on any flashcard to edit your saves. From what I've heard, even the TurboBooster Plus/Tennokoe 2. It's only when you trying running a CD game that you need more than a CD2 system card.
Justin the Not-So-Cheery Black/Hack/CrackTiger helped Joshua Jackass, Andrew/Arkhan Dildovich and the DildoPhiles destroy 2 PC Engine groups: one by Aaron Lambert on Facebook, then the other by Aaron Nanto!!! Him and PCE Aarons don't have a good track record together! Both times he blamed the Aarons and their staff in a "Look-what-you-made-us-do?!" manner, never himself nor his deranged/destructive/doxxing toxic turbo troll gang which he covers up for under the "community" euphemism!

HailingTheThings

Quote from: Gentlegamer on 11/22/2015, 09:28 PM
Quote from: HailingTheThings on 11/22/2015, 09:04 PM

The one that costs $$$?

I think Bernie cleared it up for me. :)
This one, sillybilly:

/HxVa205.jpg

Was just a thought in case you had one laying around, could load it up on an everdrive as well.
IMG